Vancouver 2010

The Olympics are giving me a very hard time, I have to say! I have to wake up at 4 am to watch my favourite figure skating. And then I am very sleepy at work.

Very sad about Russian ice dancers getting only bronze, but the results are fair, so congrats to the USA and Canada for silver and gold. It's just that I love this pair so much, they are so talented and would have placed higher if it wasn't for his knee injury. *sigh*

The Olympics are giving me a very hard time, I have to say! I have to wake up at 4 am to watch my favourite figure skating. And then I am very sleepy at work.

Very sad about Russian ice dancers getting only bronze, but the results are fair, so congrats to the USA and Canada for silver and gold. It's just that I love this pair so much, they are so talented and would have placed higher if it wasn't for his knee injury. *sigh*

I saw that on TSN which they got it taped from CTV, those Russian Ice Dancers, they're really good, but since I love Canada, I'm happy they won gold. I also saw Ladies Freestyle Skiing yesterday, Ashleigh McIvor won gold for Canada and man she had such an amazing start.

Today wasn't my day which is now despressing, but I can't wait for a game I wanted to see Canada vs Russia in Men's Hockey, it's now Sidney Crosby vs Alex Ovechkin in the Olympic Challenge.

It was very sad to see Joahnnie Rochette skating with tears in her eyes. Poor girl, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to have to compete in the Olympics just two days after her mother passed away. Very sad.

Canada Vs Russia, was anticipated by many like as if it was a gold medal game (figuratively speaking). I couldnt sleep last night because i was anxious about tonights game. Goooo Caaanada!!!!! LUOOOOOOO (that`s a vancouver cheer for Loungo when he touches the puck)

Last edited:
Canada Vs Russia, was anticipated by many like as if it was a gold medal game (figuratively speaking). I couldnt sleep last night because i was anxious about tonights game. Goooo Caaanada!!!!! LUOOOOOOO (that`s a vancouver cheer for Loungo when he touches the puck)

LUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! that was a SWEET game!! GO CANADA!!!

AND, Gold and Silver in women's bobsleigh!! :punk:

3:7 omg... We haven't lost to Canada for 50 years
But now we finally can be sure some of our bureaucracy will be out as russian sport industry has been sinking in the scale since '93

Wow, we really lost, haven't we?? the whole country is so quiet today.... Hockey was our only hope after losing in other sports. This is the worst Olympic games for Russia. Well, hopefully our sports minister and other VIPs will finally stop talking about conspiracy against Russia and look at themselves and what they have done to our sports. Shame.

^Your guyz team gave us Canadians the chills. It must be sad at your end, but i must say Russia`s Hockey Team has one of the finest players on board. Ovechkin, Malkin, Federov, Datsyuk, Nabokov, are the ones i can name on top of my head..

figure skating.
GO! Mao Asada.She could no play in last olimpic in Torino because of short of age.
She was 14,but would be 15 only one month.
One of broadcasting,they play "Heal the World" for theme music.

love MJ

Wow, we really lost, haven't we?? the whole country is so quiet today.... Hockey was our only hope after losing in other sports. This is the worst Olympic games for Russia. Well, hopefully our sports minister and other VIPs will finally stop talking about conspiracy against Russia and look at themselves and what they have done to our sports. Shame.
These Olympics has been soooo bad for Finland aswell. Luckily we won the Czechs 2-0 :clapping: It was so exciting game!
Sorry all the Canadians here but I wish if we don't win the hockey gold I hope it's not Canada. It would be refreshing to see some other team winning this time..

Sorry all the Canadians here but I wish if we don't win the hockey gold I hope it's not Canada. It would be refreshing to see some other team winning this time..

But you should admit they were great yesterday. I'm sure if they'll keep it up there would be no chances for any other countries :( :)

It was very sad to see Joahnnie Rochette skating with tears in her eyes. Poor girl, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to have to compete in the Olympics just two days after her mother passed away. Very sad.

I know. I knew I was going to get all teary seeing her skate but it ended up making me cry. You could see her grief all over her face, tore my heart out. She did such an amazing job with all that is on her shoulders right now. I don't care how she does on the next skate, just the fact she did it is a lot to be proud of.

Reminds me of Dan Jansen (he's from the Milwaukee area like me :woohoo: ) He tried to do his speed races within hours of learning his sister had passed but he crashed and just sat on the ice with his head in his hands and cried :cry: Amazing story though as six years later he won a gold metal and celebrated carrying his little girl during the closing ceremony....whom he'd named after his sister :wub: I love that kind of stuff, like true human spirit... love the Olympics :clapping:

^and a silver in the women`s speed skating relay? Woooohoooo... GOOO CANADA

YES!! I didn't see it though!!

These Olympics has been soooo bad for Finland aswell. Luckily we won the Czechs 2-0 :clapping: It was so exciting game!

We didn't win in Turin in 2006.....

^Your guyz team gave us Canadians the chills. It must be sad at your end, but i must say Russia`s Hockey Team has one of the finest players on board. Ovechkin, Malkin, Federov, Datsyuk, Nabokov, are the ones i can name on top of my head..

I agree, Russia has a great team and they have a lot of history with Canada, not just in the Olympics, but in Summit Series 1972, Canada Cup (now knowns World Cup), World Hockey Championships, World Juniors, we have Russians play in my hometown before. I was surprised that Canada defeated Russia 7-3, but I kinda feel bad that Ovechkin didn't get a single point tha game.

Don't forget tonight in Women's Hockey it's for the GOLD!!! Canada and USA, this is gonna be an awesome game. Canada all the way for gold!
2010_Olympic_Jersey_Logo.jpg

But you should admit they were great yesterday. I'm sure if they'll keep it up there would be no chances for any other countries :( :)
I know they're very good team, talented players etc. just like in Russia's team, but it's just that these past few years it's always been Canada or Russia or Sweden who wins the big games so I would like to see another country winning this time. Of course Finland is my favourite for that ( ;) ) but if we don't win (there is always that chance.. but I'm already used to that feeling losing in the final.. sigh) I hope at least Slovakia or USA could do it. It would be refreshing.

I know they're very good team, talented players etc. just like in Russia's team, but it's just that these past few years it's always been Canada or Russia or Sweden who wins the big games so I would like to see another country winning this time. Of course Finland is my favourite for that ( ;) ) but if we don't win (there is always that chance.. but I'm already used to that feeling losing in the final.. sigh) I hope at least Slovakia or USA could do it. It would be refreshing.

:bugeyed

We WILL win..! :D

I agree, Russia has a great team and they have a lot of history with Canada, not just in the Olympics, but in Summit Series 1972, Canada Cup (now knowns World Cup), World Hockey Championships, World Juniors, we have Russians play in my hometown before. I was surprised that Canada defeated Russia 7-3, but I kinda feel bad that Ovechkin didn't get a single point tha game.

Don't forget tonight in Women's Hockey it's for the GOLD!!! Canada and USA, this is gonna be an awesome game. Canada all the way for gold!
2010_Olympic_Jersey_Logo.jpg

:punk: :punk: can't wait to watch that game tonight!!

Yes Yes!
(But YOU didn't even wake up to watch the game against Czechs! (Facebook stalking :cheeky:) What's that about :brow:)

Oh snap.. Busted! :lol:

I stayed up 'til about 2am reading the last Harry Potter, couldn't wake up to watch the game.. Shame on me. :p

Oh snap.. Busted! :lol:

I stayed up 'til about 2am reading the last Harry Potter, couldn't wake up to watch the game.. Shame on me. :p
Oh well since it was for Harry Potter.. that's a good excuse, lol. Finland will forgive you this time :agree:

I wish it was tomorrow already! Btw am I the only one who feels like Finland and USA are always against each other in the semifinals.. this definitely isn't the first time.

Is anyone watching the ski jumping part of nordic combined? The wind condition is awful! They are jumping around 100m :sigh: Now it was delayed 20 minutes but we'll see if the conditions change at all..

Victoria Rebensburg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO what a race! :)

^Woooohooo Women`s hockey was greaatt!!!

Joannie Rochette a winner at the end of the night... I can`t imagine what she`s going through with her loss and gain.. A true olympic champion.

Ladies figure skating was first rate. The final group was awesome. Those ladies showed great strength under immmense pressure.

And canada you are having a heck of an olympics.!!

So Canada got the women's gold? Congrats! I'm happy we got the bronze :clapping: It was so exciting game.! We also got bronze from 4x5km women's skiing, that was amazing too :clapping:

Back