Wanna Be Startin Somethin 2008 Num 29 On Itunes!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm so ashamed of myself.

I'm a failure in life :lol:

I just bought it.

Buying anything with akon's voice goes against everything I believe in. :lol:

The things I do for you, Michael.

Now I'm gonna go in a corner and cry :lol:

(I must admit the high quality version is HOT...and the bass is HOT...and MJ's vocals are HOT)
Believe me you'll love it in meantime, you just have to get used to it I guess and then you simply just forget about his annoying voice haha

Naw its not the SONG, its AKON....OMG....but I'm singing to it...I'm digging it...woe is me!!!!!!! :lol:

Its only cuz WBSS is a brilliant song with brilliant melody no matter how u switch it up and unfortunately, no matter who sings it.

(continues to have a musical breakdown) LOL

J5master, don't feel bad about the purchase because you are right about the beat of the song. It really is a great song playing on blast. Their voices do compliment each other for the beat and purpose of the song. This is just about having fun and dancing.

I'm glad that it appears to be doing well with its initial release. I haven't heard it on the radio yet but hopefully that will come soon and the momentum will keep building.

Last edited:
Ooo i found a part i haven't heard before! When MJ joins in with akon singing "to high to get oveeerrrr"....MJ's in the back and u can hear MJ's vocals REALLY well...he's like "too LOW to get over!" It's so hot. I love that part.

Ooo i found a part i haven't heard before! When MJ joins in with akon singing "to high to get oveeerrrr"....MJ's in the back and u can hear MJ's vocals REALLY well...he's like "too LOW to get over!" It's so hot. I love that part.
girl, you TOO funny!!!:lol:

Wowwww...thats awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee:D....m sooo excited:D....MJ's been gone too long, i think ppl realize how much they've missed MJ and his talents! i lovee the new wbss...sounds gr8:D

so since this song is getting so popular, will people be randomly screaming 'mama se mama sa moo maco sa' when they're making out or something? :lol: Since akon was like "Imma make her say...mama se mama sa" lol

Juuust playing (moves out of thread quietly) :lol:

Last edited:
Click on Pop under the Genres section all the way to the left, then click on top songs (all the way on the right).

Oh and WBSS is back @ #29 now :). Yay!
somebody print the screen

btw, ITUNES chart is the USA pop chart?

This is soooo nice! Michael on the radio again.

I live near the Inland Empire in CA and I have been waiting to hear the song on the radio. Has anyone else who lives in CA heard it on the radio?

It's back at 30. I have no idea about the radio situation. The plays definitely increased last week, but it still isn't quite getting the airplay it needs. There's a possibility that Sony is waiting for after the Superbowl/Grammy performance to get the single into full swing. Even if it doesn't get real hot right now, there's a good chance any Grammy performance would propel it back to the charts in a high position.

thats in POP100 but nothing in the music top 100, it didnt even charted there yet,,

Yeah, it's not going to get anywhere unless it gets more exposure. Super Bowl ads and a Grammy performance and it rockets.

20080124_a3433ffd81d61c485781ZkZo2cGMlf7R.jpg

30 now.

interesting

the no.1 DON'T STOP THE MUSIC also sampled WBSS

Last edited:
yeah and people looking at the reviews are pretty P.Oed about that for some reason LOL

It'll be funny if Michael's knocks her's off the charts. lol. I haven't heard DSTM on the radio either. (goes to listen to see which is better)

Ok I listened to it...and I like it. It's pretty good too. I can't decide which is better. (probably cuz WBSS in any form is great LOL) What would be FUNNY as HELL is if both DSTM and WBSS2008 battles it out for the number one spot LOL

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not going to get anywhere unless it gets more exposure. Super Bowl ads and a Grammy performance and it rockets.

not necessarily. it's one of the most played songs on two los angeles radio stations now. it doesn't necessarily need more exposure...the music is doing fine. but..hey, the commercial is coming, so...

This is soooo nice! Michael on the radio again.

I live near the Inland Empire in CA and I have been waiting to hear the song on the radio. Has anyone else who lives in CA heard it on the radio?

yes. i live in los angeles, and both the rhianna and akon wbss's are hot on kiis fm, the number 1 pop station and power 106, the number 1 hip hop station.

lol i hear Don't stop the music 24/7. They play it like every 10 minutes on Z-100 here in NYC. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's awesome cuz it samples Mike's song but it's bad because a lot of people i've talked to think that the "mama say mamasa..." etc part is a Rihanna original..pfft
i'm sure as hell the first to correct them lol

lol i hear Don't stop the music 24/7. They play it like every 10 minutes on Z-100 here in NYC. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's awesome cuz it samples Mike's song but it's bad because a lot of people i've talked to think that the "mama say mamasa..." etc part is a Rihanna original..pfft
i'm sure as hell the first to correct them lol

lol...good for u.... i have to admit, they must have somn in between their ears to think that tho, cus, u can hear MJ wooping in the background of the song, and they know rhianna doesn't sound like that. they could be faking their 'lack of knowledge'.^_^

Last edited:
Great news.
However, this isn't any indication of how well the song is gonna do on the Billboard charts. I hope all that changes with a Superbowl TV ad, a Grammy performance, and a significant increase in radio play. I'm hoping this song at least crack's the top 10 here in the US.
It'll make the haters shut up for a little while.
Gotta love that!

Hollaback.

lol...good for u.... i have to admit, they must have somn in between their ears to think that tho, cus, u can hear MJ wooping in the background of the song, and they know rhianna doesn't sound like that. they could be faking their 'lack of knowledge'.^_^

*sigh* I hope so
I get really REALLY irritated when i try and tell people how Rihanna sampled Mike's song and Kanye West sampled PYT for The Good Life and for some odd reason they don't believe me...or probably don't want to admit to themselves that Mike's music still resonates so much today.

I really hope there's a few tv appearances and things around here for his album to take off again.

i think it needs to get 20 or more in the pop charts so in can chart in 80-100 in the iTunes Music chart,,

i hope it makes the top songs chart not just the pop songs list:) but 30 in pop in TWO days is fantastic. Janet took a month to break into the top 100. Wonder if Mike will break in faster withOUT a video..

No29 aint bad better than what TGIM did when it was first put up for digital release

Don't feel bad. I didn't like Akon either, but I have to be honest and say that the song is really infectious.:D

Back