Was Jermaine wearing MJ's Jacket at the VMA event?

i dont think it was one of michaels jackets but it was very similar to his style..
And he was probably just paying tribute to his brother, i dont see anything wrong with it.

Maybe he's just doing the same as other artists who pay 'tribute' to Michael by wearing similar clothing, like Rihanna and others.
I think it's cool.

i also think it's cool but jermaine seems to be doing too much. Apparently he will be singing "smile" again at the MOBO awards.

PS: thanks guys for your clarification

I think Jermaine is paying tribute waering something similar to Michaels clothes. I think Jermaine is doing a good job in paying tribute for MJ and Keeping MJ in a positive light.

The thing that I don't undertsand is all the hate for jermaine. The guy has just lost his brother and doing so much and telling everyone who MJ really was and other positive things.

I don't think it's Michael's jacket, but is he's style, yes. Like Hachi said he was probably just paying tribute to his brother and I don't see anything wrong with that.

It is not the first time jermaine has dressed like MJ. He has done it before MJs death and more so now. I like it, I think it's a nice tribute. Plus, the women he is with is his wife not a guest....am I right? lol

A lot of his bros dress like him to pay tribute. It may be MJ's style but that face is all Jermaine's... grease, paint, sharpie, shoepolish.

Last edited:
tbh i dont think Jermaine could fit into michaels clothes lol. But i do think it was something like it... Look at that fall out guy he had a black jacket on just like mj would have worn.

No offense to Jermaine, but I sincerely doubt he could fit into anything remotely close to MJ's size.

Well, everyone has the right to make their lifes, to go out with somebody... and Joe is included. But I'm sure she loves hi"s" ($$$$)!

Joe's date was his Tania, an artist she has been promoting for some time. he is a friend of the family. Media Takeout.com has the real story about the so-called, "date". I thought it was his granddaughter but she changed her mind and didn't attend.

Where did this crazy rumor come from about a 80 year old man having a date while he was at the awards with his son, daughter and daughter-in-law. The tabloids are sinking to a new low.

And about Jermaine, when people die, it's not unusual to wear something that they wore and/or to start doing things that they used to do. It's part of the grief process for some people. I'd rather this than shutting down which is what some people do and that's not healthy

Last edited:
^ thank God! woah, okay he may have a date, but that young :unsure: ?! anyway, who's daughter is it exactly?

A lot of his bros dress like him to pay tribute. It may be MJ's style but that face is all Jermaine's... grease, paint, sharpie, shoepolish.

:lol: MTO roasted him. They named him and Solange worst dressed of the night and didn't even talk about his jacket; I think their main problem was w/ his hair.

Joe's date was his granddaughter. Where did this crazy rumor come from about a 80 year old man having a date while he was at the awards with his son, daughter and daughter-in-law. The tabloids are sinking to a new low.

Hmm...somebody claimed it was Geneieve Jackson in another thread. Then posted a picture of Joe's date and his granddaughter Geneieve (sp?) in the Official MTV Video Awards thread and they don't look alike. Which granddaughter is it then cause its definitely not Geneieve?

Geneieve:

genbio1.jpg
genbio3.jpg

I think the jacket Jermaine wore was an MJ style one, but I don't think it was Mike's.

I think Jermaine is paying tribute waering something similar to Michaels clothes. I think Jermaine is doing a good job in paying tribute for MJ and Keeping MJ in a positive light.

The thing that I don't undertsand is all the hate for jermaine. The guy has just lost his brother and doing so much and telling everyone who MJ really was and other positive things.

I agree with you 100% we're all still grieving and it's all very confusing at the moment but people need to lay off Jermaine because he's grieving too and Michael loved him.

Also, he looks great in that jacket! - perhaps he needed some fashion tips from his bro ;)

Back