WE'VE HAD ENOUGH to #1. CAMPAIGN NOW CEASED [All Threads Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MASS DOWNLOAD Campaign to get "WE'VE HAD ENOUGH" to No.1 on June 25th, 2010

Hey guys, i added this to all my friends on facebook, so i hope this really does pick up.

Terry

Has anybody tried to get MJ friendly members of the press / media involved with this?

I'm sure you must know of certain radio DJs who will mention this campaign on air, or perhaps some entertainment reporter that will mention it in their reports?

IF we get this into the press then I really hope it works because if it doesn't it could be reported as "MJ fans have abandoned him".

Sadly 1400 new fans is nowhere near enough to succeed with the campaign. To get the single to No.1 in the UK alone will likely require in excess of 70,000 sales!!!

I'm not sure how many would be required in the US, but I guess far more than that.

hey can we send a pm to the offical mj page on youtube, there is over 520,000 suscribers

Has anybody tried to get MJ friendly members of the press / media involved with this?

I'm sure you must know of certain radio DJs who will mention this campaign on air, or perhaps some entertainment reporter that will mention it in their reports?

IF we get this into the press then I really hope it works because if it doesn't it could be reported as "MJ fans have abandoned him".

Sadly 1400 new fans is nowhere near enough to succeed with the campaign. To get the single to No.1 in the UK alone will likely require in excess of 70,000 sales!!!

I'm not sure how many would be required in the US, but I guess far more than that.

That's a good idea! I'm gonna have a think.

Well Reggie Yates (Radio 1 DJ) seems to be an MJ fan.. and he presented Move Like Michael Jackson. Is there another way to contact him other than texting etc. during his request show?

Maybe someone could actually phone Radio 1 and tell them about it -

Otherwise, there is an address.. if anyone lives near there they could go..?

There is a list of Radio 1 people .. you can click people's names and it tells you how to contact them..

Contact details

Address:
BBC Radio 1, Yalding House, 152-156 Great Portland Street, London W1N 4DJ
Map: See a map
Photo: See BBC Radio 1's offices
Studio - Tel: 03700 100100
Studio text: 81199
Personal e-mail: firstname.lastname
at-sign.gif
bbc.co.uk
favicons
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/
Twitter: @bbcradio1

People

InteractiveBen ChapmanInteractive EditorManagementAndy ParfittControllerNews/JournalismEmlyn DoddEditorRod McKenzieHead of NewsDominic ByrneJournalistDavid GarridoJournalistProgrammingGeorge ErgatoudisHead of MusicBen CooperProgramme ControllerImran AhmedPresenterEdith BowmanPresenterGeorgina BowmanPresenterDaniel P CarterPresenterFearne CottonPresenterSara CoxPresenterRob Da BankPresenterMike DaviesPresenterCarrie DavisPresenterBethan ElfynPresenter FabioPresenter FergiePresenterBobby FrictionPresenterVic GallowayPresenterChris GoldfingerPresenterNick GrimshawPresenter GrooveriderPresenterMark HamiltonPresenterAled HaydnPresenterMary Anne HobbsPresenterGreg JamesPresenterJudge JulesPresenterVernon KayPresenterJames KingPresenter KutskiPresenterRas KwamePresenterSteve LamacqPresenterZane LowePresenterAnnie MacPresenterAnnie MacmanusPresenterScott MillsPresenterChris MoylesPresenterColin MurrayPresenterTrevor NelsonPresenterAnnie NightingalePresenter NihalPresenterGilles PetersonPresenterDJ PlasticmanPresenterJoel RossPresenterHuw StephensPresenterDJ TayoPresenterPete TongPresenterTim WestwoodPresenterJo WhileyPresenterReggie YatesPresenterChris CoxProducerMatt FinchamProducerNeil SloanProducerPhil StockerProducerRachel JonesProducer, Breakfast ShowAled Haydn JonesProducer, Breakfast Show

http://www.mediauk.com/radio/309/bbc-radio-1

Last edited:

Ooh this is amazing news!!!!! I'm sure we can all do it!!!! Lets do it for Michael.

Lovely people please lets do this! Let's make it happen! :D

Imagine the joy of having Michael Jackson at number 1 in the charts. What better way of saying to our MJ on the anniversary of his passing......we did it for love, and for you MJ.
Please down tools and take time out to contribute to this endeavour!:wub:
YOUR download counts..............dont assume others will do it..........YOU do it! please!:yes:

Will reply properly later...on mobile at mo...just had to say your posts are making me well up

Thankyou all so so much

Miss you Michael

Lou x

Some email addresses to make it easier for you:

· fearne.cotton@bbc.co.uk

AWESOME VIDEO A FRIEND OF MINE MADE :)

how's everything going so far? :)

Count me in - it'll be easy, I love this song, and will download it a few times when we need to :)

I'll join the Facebook group too, well done for thinking up this wonderful idea :)

guys we can let fans know if they haven't already about this on the official mj website

Great idea!

I love this song and will support this. Lets get MJ to #1 where he belongs!!!

Is mjjcom the only fansite supporting this cause and a facebook group? I just think it would be much more effective if all MJ fansites were promoting this in the same way, singing from the same hymn sheet etc. Just wondering as im only a fan on here. Thanks

Seany, I'm sure everybody will agree with me when I say Please spread this message far and wide. Help to get this message out there. Post on all your message boards. Tell your local radio and TV stations. Do everything you can.

The date is fast approaching and all indications are that this is going to have a minor impact on the charts at best.

ooh we can tell everybody about this on the offical mj fan page on facebook which now has over 12 million members!!

Please someone tell me, how to join this campaign.
Where can I download it?

I'm looking for this song on website.
But I can't find it on Japanese itunes.

This will never work if it's doesn't reach further than this board and a small Facebook group.

True, but I like the optimism.

Hey guys i told journalist deborah l. Kunesh about this campagin and she going to spread this to all the fans who vistit her website she is the one who own reflection of the dance site and i let other websites know about this

Hi Guys

Sorry I have been out for so long

We have thousands on board now across the various blogs, facebook groups, etc....

Please refer to the first post for all the links

THREE WEEKS TO GO UNTIL DOWNLOAD DAY

GAZ...WHERE ARE YA? ;)

^^^ Louf you have worked so hard on this project.:)
I dont think I am doing enough to help promote this.:doh:
If there is anything else I can do I will.
I'd LOVE to see our MJ at number 1 spot on the anniversary of his passing:angel:

You can copy and paste the link onto as many MJ facebook groups as you can find......Thankyou xx

^^^ sorry Louf I'm not on face book anymore. I can tell the people who subscribe to me on you tube. I'll do what I can. :yes:

You can copy and paste the link onto as many MJ facebook groups as you can find......Thankyou xx

hey does the mj facebook page with the 12 million fans know about the campaign if not i can pASTE THE LINK ON THE PAGE

good idea thanks man

hey does the mj facebook page with the 12 million fans know about the campaign if not i can pASTE THE LINK ON THE PAGE

Please post it and maybe they can post something to let all 12 mill members know.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back