What Did They Say About ELVIS (???)

Also concerign that Elvis article which claims Elvis sold a billion.

It's impossible to estimate like they say 400 albums with 300 of whom never enter in charts, with no certification for the major part and with no soundscan data ! They can do how many research that they want, you will never found a figure thus like they pretend.

Sales of Elvis are inflated by BMG and many of his "fans" too who claim that he sold 500m albums, 600m etc... in USA only.
They always are "liveliness to find" millions sales I don't know where
Many claim completely stupid numbers, like 14m for Moody Blue, a 2xPlatinum.

When I look to Elvis numbers, I do math only, and numbers give are many times completely ridiculous. Like those 250m albums, sorry, but it's a sales figure really stupid. Elvis sold around 40m since 1980, 210m between 1955 & 1980 is out of reason. I only do math, over 8 millions by year is unrealist.

The same argument is everywhere when you speak about Elvis sales : He released over 400 albums. Ok, but you really think that he can keep high catalogue sales of an entire 400 albums catalogue? No way ! Nobody can do this !
The prove, "only" 25m albums sold since 14 years, with 30 #1 hits !
In a "normal" year, Elvis sold around 1.2m. So, 22k albums sold by week, artist like The Eagles or Led Zeppelin with their only 12 albums sold over this ! Do the math

It's easy to claim that Elvis sold 1m by year at Graceland, but where are the "facts" ? Who have prove this ? Nobody !
It's always this when the name of "Elvis" came out. It's very easy to claim that he sold millions & millions at Graceland, by pre-order or in music club, but nobody never arrive to prove nothing, strange, no ? It's not so difficult to prove that he sold huge in Graceland, if it's really the truth, do you not agree ?
Even in BMG list Elvis is nowhere, 30 #1 hits, his Christmas album, no, nothing.
All those "supposed" sales are only speculation without any evidence.
In fact, with only speculation like those concerning Elvis, everybody can easily claim that it sold 300m albums in US only !

And Also didn't some people not allow Elvis not to tour outside the states, If i can remember correctly? I do like Elvis a bit though.

Elvis' manager was not a U.S. Citizen...and people close to Elvis have said after his death that the reason "Colonel" Parker (his manager) did not let Elvis tour outside the U.S. is because he did not have a passport.

I have been an Elvis fan since I was a little girl (I am 42 now). And I'm an MJ fan too, of course. For me personally, I really don't care who sold the most records, who had the most hits, or who was the most well known. As far as I'm concerned, they are both the "King," as they both sang different kinds of music. And Elvis didn't even like being called the King--he would often tell people that there is only one King, and that's Jesus Christ. The label of "King" was bestowed upon Elvis by fans and the media. But it obviously stuck.

Elvis and Michael were both incredibly talented, amazing, magical, and unique stars. There are no others like them living in this world, and I personally don't think there ever will be again. I told my husband the day Michael died that now that MJ is dead, there will be no one to ever measure up to his success or Elvis'. There are just no more Elvis' and no more Michaels. I don't think anyone comes close now. And I personally would never be so moved or upset by the loss of any other singers alive today. I can't imagine the world mourning the loss of anyone else in the industry the way those two have been mourned. Just my own feelings though.

I don't get why MJ fans are so obsessed with Elvis and vice versa.

Because they are more obsessed with the mania to humiliate Michael as the artist!
Havent you read the link to Elvis pages and some comments?

Its about the point, if any journalist is browsing the pages for getting some info for his article (whatever it is), such a journalist is misleading and confronted with nonsense and ridiculous facts that dont exist!!!!

And then some morons post that so-called "facts" on Wikipedia and other media idiots are using this as the argument for undermining basic facts about Michael as the artist, because he is only the artist, he wasnt a truck driver, he has no history except the music and showbusiness!

Yes, Elvis was the first of everything, thats the fact, nobody can deny it, but the HIStory did not stop in 1977 or in 1982, after these dates Michael rose as the real and first GLOBAL mega star, including selling of records globally... with all the new possibilities of new markets and technologies of the 80s and 90s...., we have to consider all sides of (music) business range...

Last edited:
I don't get why MJ fans are so obsessed with Elvis and vice versa.
I thought they were obsessed with Prince, Madonna, and whatever the Jackson siblings & Joe are supposedly doing wrong to "tarnish" Mike's legacy, lol. Many of them also are hung up on who sold the most or got the better awards. "There's no possible way The Eagles/Elvis/Pink Floyd/David Hasselhoff/Big Bird outsold Michael. It's a conspiracy by THE MAN", lol.

Last edited:
Because they are more obsessed with the mania to humiliate Michael as the artist!
Havent you read the link to Elvis pages and some comments?

Its about the point, if any journalist is browsing the pages for getting some info for his article (whatever it is), such a journalist is misleading and confronted with nonsense and ridiculous facts that dont exist!!!!

And then some morons post that so-called "facts" on Wikipedia and other media idiots are using this as the argument for undermining basic facts about Michael as the artist, because he is only the artist, he wasnt a truck driver, he has no history except the music and showbusiness!

Yes, Elvis was the first of everything, thats the fact, nobody can deny it, but the HIStory did not stop in 1977 or in 1982, after these dates Michael rose as the real and first GLOBAL mega star, including selling of records globally... with all the new possibilities of new markets and technologies of the 80s and 90s...., we have to consider all sides of (music) business range...

I could not have said it myself. Great Post.

Like I said. I have no problem with Elvis or any other artist. I just have a problem with the fans who think little of MJ.

And I need to change the Wiki page. There are many things that are not included that are big things with MJ. Or they got some facts wrong or something.

This stood out for me, think similar could have been said for Michael -

George Bush
'You Memphis politicians had better watch out if Elvis Presley ever decides to enter politics.'

Yeh MJ made fun of the 'king' title too in a similar way, and said 'What will they call me next? The King of ice cream?!'

Both are MAJOR Icons. There shouldn't be this competition.

Elvis didn't even like being called the King--he would often tell people that there is only one King, and that's Jesus Christ. The label of "King" was bestowed upon Elvis by fans and the media. But it obviously stuck.

Yeh MJ made fun of the 'king' title too in a similar way, and said 'What will they call me next? The King of ice cream?!'

Both are MAJOR Icons. There shouldn't be this competition.

I agree, both are Icons in their own respective genres and And they both are cool with me. There's really no competition to me.

I remember reading somewhere that it due to the Drug use that Elvis and co were involved with
I think that DuranDuran is right - Parker had legal issues in Europe and feared that he would be arrested. Elvis may have been involved in drug use and the media may have said that was the reason, but I find it hard to believe that that would prevent him from touring Europe. There are lots of artists involved in drug use and it didn't stop them. In the 60's and 70's virtually every rock star took drugs - not necessarily prescription drugs like Elvis but cocaine, LSD, heroin and loads of funny cigarettes.

I think that DuranDuran is right - Parker had legal issues in Europe and feared that he would be arrested. Elvis may have been involved in drug use and the media may have said that was the reason, but I find it hard to believe that that would prevent him from touring Europe. There are lots of artists involved in drug use and it didn't stop them. In the 60's and 70's virtually every rock star took drugs - not necessarily prescription drugs like Elvis but cocaine, LSD, heroin and loads of funny cigarettes.

Exactly...it wasn't drug use that prevented Elvis from touring abroad. He was very open about the fact that he wanted to tour outside of the U.S. But he gave Parker virtual complete control of his career (and way too much money at the end of his life), so it never happened. Elvis also didn't want to keep making all the movies he did, but had to because the Colonel got him contractually obligated to do X number of films, so he had to do them. There were other things that Elvis did and didn't want to do...but he was at the mercy of the Colonel.

wait how is elvis not big overseas...only in america??

its interesting how on here its said that elvis is not big overseas, yet i have seen indian movies , bollywood that have the elvis hair and pretending to play a guitar back from the 70s. same as you see influences with michael now in our generation.

american stars who get huge tend to get huge worldwide. theres tons of fans from all parts of the world for other american stars/legends not only michael or elvis even.

my parents grew up with the elvis/beatles generation, and no way i talk about michael can convince them otherwise that michael is bigger, same as whoever else in the future that gets as big as elvis and michael... the next generation will say the same thing. elvis fans want to protect their singers legacy, some will insult michael, same as we sometimes will insult elvis and both sides may lie to do it sometimes.
they both had great music and great unique voices, and preformed amazing for their fans.
we keep bringing up elvis so he must have been great. this isnt an american forum, so to say elvis isnt big anywhere else in the world. ah. we are talking about him. thanks for the quotes.
this was written by both Moonwalker.Fan, who I believe is from Slovakia, right? :) and me - I am from Poland - so you have 2 ppl from central or eastern Europe who say Elvis is not that big as Michael over here. I am not saying he is not fameous at all. We know his hits and stuff. But for people over here Elvis is just an American star and Michael is a world star. Elvis was an american dream, Michael - dream of people all around the worls - and this makes a big difference :yes:

What Michael thought of Elvis :giggle: (taken from the Julien Auction exhibition)

p1000089.jpg

p1000090.jpg

I don't think he was a fan :lol:...

PS I wonder what Lisa Marie thought about this statue, with that message, being put on display at Neverland. :scratch: I can't imagine her being too impressed :doh:

o :lol: that is so funny! sorry, Elvis, but this is funny! :lol:

In the 24 hours after Elvis died, according to Billboard, he sold 20 million units in the US and 19 million worldwide.

I failed to understand this...

What did Michael write about Elvis on that Elvis statue? It's kind of hard to see cause the ink of the pen has faded

I could only make this out

''If i could only find a white man with a black man's sound i'd make a million dollers''

What did Michael write about Elvis on that Elvis statue? It's kind of hard to see cause the ink of the pen has faded

I could only make this out

''If i could only find a white man with a black man's sound i'd make a million dollers''
Sam Phillips of Sun Records who discovered Elvis wrote that. There were several important early white rockers on Sun Records, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins.....Elvis only made it really big when he signed with RCA a few years later though.

Don't worry. Neither does anyone else. Its ust one of those myths about Elvis' sales.
It's even in theory not possible to sell that many albums in one day. He no doubt sold an incredible amount of albums on that day but to sell 20 million in the US and 19 million in the rest of the world in 24 hours record shops would actually had to have that many copies of Elvis albums in stock, which is simply impossible to believe.

It's even in theory not possible to sell that many albums in one day. He no doubt sold an incredible amount of albums on that day but to sell 20 million in the US and 19 million in the rest of the world in 24 hours record shops would actually had to have that many copies of Elvis albums in stock, which is simply impossible to believe.

My thoughts exactly. Never in the history of music did anyone come close to selling that much in one day.

Its literally impossible.

Like you said. The record stores would have to have that many available witch is not possible at all.

Especially when his career was practically over and he wasn't selling records anymore.

I agree that no doubt Elvis sold many record when he died, but 20 million in one day is impossible.

And some fans claim 20 million on one week. And 100 million in 2 weeks. I mean on Topix I literally heard it all.

300 million by the need of the year. It was crazy. No way is it possible to sell that many in such short time.

Plus not many of his albums charted when he died either. The highest he got was at #3 on the over all charts with Blue Moon.

MJ had 3 albums that were fighting each other for the #1 spot.

I failed to understand this...

Why not, Elvis fans do believe this, and thats the dangerous issue...

We have to add more comments on the discussions of the articles..

Why not, Elvis fans do believe this, and thats the dangerous issue...

We have to add more comments on the discussions of the articles..

That is the sad part. Its so frustrating hearing these Elvis fan believe all this crap about his sales.

One fan named RGB on topix believes Elvis sold 5 billion and said that a billion is too low for Elvis.

But we need to do something about this sales thing. And bring the people of the worldwide web the truth about MJ and not that crap on Wikipedia.

We need to take a stand somehow. And thats what I tried t od with that article on MJ's achievements that I did.

But we need to make an article of our own about how MJ is better than Elvis. Elvis fans did it, why can't we?

KB50MJ and co. - what I find very dangerous is that Elvis fans are mobilizing themselves and they are more active than ever before, because of MJs passing, and the world reactions and MJs impact on media, internet and album selling...!!!!

They are now spreading more bullshits than ever before, they super strongly support Elvis emphasizing the unrealistic "numbers", and degrading Michael Jackson as the artist!!!

We as the Michael Jackson community should join ourselves right now, and show the power of MJ community.

All over the net there are many discussion forums and thousands of comments full of bullshits, and absurdity!

The Elvis fans power is "strong" enough to manipulate the public thats why we have to "rise", and defend Michaels LEGACY and music triumphs, not only be happy on our fan boards, and enjoying our passion.

There is the real world out there, and Michaels legacy depends on US - the fans, who else will support Michael in next decades if not us - the fans?
Who else should defend Michael against such delusional and overzealous Elvis fans if not US!!!?

We have to show our support, and provide all the official information and links to relevant sources available - not let the mad fans humiliate Michael Jackson as the artist!!!

http://www.examiner.com/x-21081-Ind...ael-Jackson-outshines-Elvis-Presley?#comments

Last edited:
KB50MJ and co. - what I find very dangerous is that Elvis fans are mobilizing and they are more active than ever before, because of MJs passing, and the world reactions and MJs impact on media, internet and album selling...!!!!

They are now spreading more bullshits than ever before, they super strongly support Elvis emphasizing the unrealistic "numbers", and degrading Michael Jackson as the artist!!!

We as the Michael Jackson community should join ourselves right now, and show the power of MJ community.

All over the net there are many discussion forums and thousands of comments full of bullshits, and absurdity!

The Elvis fans power is "strong" enough to manipulate the public thats why we have to "rise", and defend Michaels LEGACY and music triumphs, not only be happy on our fan boards, and enjoying our passion.

There is the real world out there, and Michaels legacy depends on US - the fans, who else will support Michael in next decades if not us - the fans?
Who else should defend Michael against such delusional and overzealous Elvis fans if not US!!!?

We have to show our support, and provide all the official information and links to relevant sources available - not let the mad fans humiliate Michael Jackson as the artist!!!

http://www.examiner.com/x-21081-Ind...ael-Jackson-outshines-Elvis-Presley?#comments

Exactly my point.

Everyone is honoring MJ's legacy. And the best way us fans can do this is inform people on his TRUE achievements.

I'm sick of these rock fans in general always downing MJ and his music.

We NEED to take a stand. We've Had Enough.

Topix is just the first stage.

I plan to make a book and a documentary on based on my essay. Its going to be FILLED with facts and figures.

But I need help on that though.

KB50MJ and co. - what I find very dangerous is that Elvis fans are mobilizing and they are more active than ever before, because of MJs passing, and the world reactions and MJs impact on media, internet and album selling...!!!!

Is it possible that we could not generalize too much on this topic of Elvis fans? Just a personal request here. Not all Elvis fans are doing this. I was an Elvis fan long before I was an MJ fan (I'm 42, so I've just been alive long enough to have loved both of them). But I do not belong to ANY Elvis communities, nor am I part of some effort to mobilize and spread "bullshits" or to degrade Michael Jackson. There are plenty of Elvis fans like myself who simply enjoy his music, and don''t spend time trying to make him look better than MJ or anyone else. Are some Elvis fans doing that? Obviously, yes. So I'd just like to see some qualifiers on this topic that say "some" Elvis fans, so as not to make it seem like all Elvis fans are a part of some diabolical scheme to ruin Michael's legacy or something.

I personally don't care who sold more records in the past, or who will sell more in the future. It's not my goal to help set records for either of them. It's my goal to be a fan, someone who buys music that I love and will enjoy listening to on a regular basis...music that is the most fun, or touches me somehow, or that resonates in a meaningful way. Sometimes that's gonna be Elvis' music, and sometimes it's gonna be MJ's. More power to anyone who wants to help MJ sell more records or whatever. I'm not knocking anyone who wants to do that. Go for it! But I just don't think it's necessary to lump Elvis fans together as spreaders of the "bullshits" or as degraders of Michael Jackson.

Is it possible that we could not generalize too much on this topic of Elvis fans? Just a personal request here. Not all Elvis fans are doing this. I was an Elvis fan long before I was an MJ fan (I'm 42, so I've just been alive long enough to have loved both of them). But I do not belong to ANY Elvis communities, nor am I part of some effort to mobilize and spread "bullshits" or to degrade Michael Jackson. There are plenty of Elvis fans like myself who simply enjoy his music, and don''t spend time trying to make him look better than MJ or anyone else. Are some Elvis fans doing that? Obviously, yes. So I'd just like to see some qualifiers on this topic that say "some" Elvis fans, so as not to make it seem like all Elvis fans are a part of some diabolical scheme to ruin Michael's legacy or something.

I personally don't care who sold more records in the past, or who will sell more in the future. It's not my goal to help set records for either of them. It's my goal to be a fan, someone who buys music that I love and will enjoy listening to on a regular basis...music that is the most fun, or touches me somehow, or that resonates in a meaningful way. Sometimes that's gonna be Elvis' music, and sometimes it's gonna be MJ's. More power to anyone who wants to help MJ sell more records or whatever. I'm not knocking anyone who wants to do that. Go for it! But I just don't think it's necessary to lump Elvis fans together as spreaders of the "bullshits" or as degraders of Michael Jackson.

I get where you are coming from. I know there are some fans who don't do that. But his is for the ones that do it.

Plus not many of his albums charted when he died either. The highest he got was at #3 on the over all charts with Blue Moon.

MJ had 3 albums that were fighting each other for the #1 spot.
1) What charts? Billboard doesn't rank catalogue albums on it's general pop charts even if based on sales they should be on there. The reason that Moody Blue was on the charts is that it was his most recent album at the time.
2) There is no such thing as "the classic Elvis album" as with MJ. His catalogue however was huge. Countless regular albums, soundtracks from his movies, live albums and compilations. Sales were divided over all those different albums.

So... should we be passive?

Is the passivity the right way of how not to notice that - some of the fans = individuals - are spreading throughout the Internet bullshits about Elvis and in the same way degrading Michael as the artist?

The key point is that there are several very visited news or tabloid web sites, and their discussions, and Elvis fans are degrading Michael claiming how huge Elvis was, how many records=albums he sold, ... and that in 10 or 20 years Michael Jackson will be Michael WHO, and Elvis known for ever as Elvis the KING?... in all connections with all the news and reports about Michael and his impact as the artist.
That has a huge "intellectual" impact and measure for non MJ fans, simply just the ordinary readers... reading something about Michael and Elvis... (look at yourself, dont you read something about Britney/Madonna..., what is you attitude towards her - based on what?)

Cant you see the point???

Not All MJ fans are so eager to stand up for Michael and keep his legacy, and thats the problem, they think that Michaels status is so stationary that "nothing" can change that and that he will not be forgotten???

For now, Michael is the KING of Pop, he sells, he dominates the charts, the Internet interest, but... after the This is It project, some merchandise stuff... and some new songs, ...what will be the next best thing to keep Michaels legacy on for next generations and decades?

Just being on a MJ fan board and lie to ourselves that Michael is the king of pop, the best selling artist of all time, the most successful artist... what about in 2020????

Prove that, get the motion real!

Its not about a personal attitude who sold more, or who is better in what..., its about the history and historical legacy, based on facts, not delusions of fans, Elvis or Michaels fans.

1) What charts? Billboard doesn't rank catalogue albums on it's general pop charts even if based on sales they should be on there. The reason that Moody Blue was on the charts is that it was his most recent album at the time.
2) There is no such thing as "the classic Elvis album" as with MJ. His catalogue however was huge. Countless regular albums, soundtracks from his movies, live albums and compilations. Sales were divided over all those different albums.

(partially) Huge..., but where are those albums on what lists of best sellers???

Julio Iglesias has released 80 albums and sold more than 250 mill., and several years ago the Guiness book stated that he had been the best selling male artist.

The Number of released albums doesnt equal huge selling...

Michael has sold only with 3 albums over 110 mill. pieces..., see the point?

Your right about his sales being divided. But Back then I don;t think they had a pop catalog chart.

I think that started with soundscan in 1991.

but the point is, Elvis has over 400 titles. Do you think he can really keep up sales for all 400 titles?

Thats not possible.

Back