What Did They Say About ELVIS (???)

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
http://www.elvisunlimited.com/frontpage/elvis_history/what_did_they_say_about_elvis/

Cliff Richard
I owe Elvis my career, and the entire music business owes him it's lifeline.

Frank Sinatra
(1977) There have been many accolades uttered about Elvis' talent and performances through the years, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly. I shall miss him dearly as a friend. He was a warm, considerate and generous man

John Landau (Review of Elvis 1968 TV Special)
"There is something magical about watching a man who has lost himself find his way back home...He sang with the kind of power people no longer expect from rock ‘n' roll singers."

Bill Clinton
You know, Bush is always comparing me to Elvis in sort of unflattering ways. I don't think Bush would have liked Elvis very much, and that's just another thing that's wrong with him.

Bob Dylan
When I first heard Elvis' voice I just knew that I wasn't going to work for anybody; and nobody was going to be my boss...Hearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail.
The highlight of my career? That's easy, Elvis recording one of my songs

Garth Brooks
I'm sitting in the drive-through and I've got my three girls in the back and this station comes on and it's playing "Jailhouse Rock," the original version, and my girls are jumping up and down, going nuts. I'm looking around at them and they've heard Dad's music all the time and I don't see that out of them

Cher
The first concert I attended was an Elvis concert when I was eleven. Even at that age he made me realize the tremendous effect a performer could have on an audience

Britney Spears
I think Elvis is the sexiest man to ever walk the earth, I love him.

Shania Twain
You want me to Describe Elvis, WOW!

Natalie Wood
'Every morning when I woke up and looked out the window, there were at least two hundred kids lined up on the sidewalk outside, staring at the house. Some of them would stay there all day long, just trying to get a glimpse of him. And when he would go out, he was very sweet to them. A lot of people I know would get angry, or impatient - but Elvis is very sweet to the kids, very nice to them. He always spend as much time with them as he can, even though it tires him out'

Bo Diddley
'If Presley copied me, I don't care. More power to him. I'm not starving'

Jim Morrison
Elvis is the best ever, the most original. He started the ball rolling for us all. He deserves the recognition.

Janice Joplin
Elvis is my man!

Glen Campbell
'It was just incredible in Vegas. I was kidding him. He introduced me and said, "Campbell, I understand you're doing an imitation of me. I just want you to know it will always be an imitation." And I said, "I'm not going to do it no more, I got to gain some weight first." He laughed and the audience went, "Ooh, hey, boo." I said, "Can't you take a joke?" And Elvis said, "Well, when you're down here next, I'm coming down and I'm gonna sit in the front row and read the newspaper and heckle." The audience laughed and I said, "Elvis, if I'm singing as good as you are, I won't care."'

Sammy Davis Jr.
'There was something just bordering on rudeness about Elvis. He never actually did anything rude, but he always seemed as if he was just going to. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate him eleven.'

George Bush
'You Memphis politicians had better watch out if Elvis Presley ever decides to enter politics.'

Margaret Thatcher (Former British Prime Minister)
I love his music because he was my generation. But then again, Elvis is everyones generation, and he always will be.

Ronald Reagan
He epitomised America, and for that we shall be eternally greatful. There will never be anyone else like him. Let's all rejoice in his music

Jimmy Carter
'Elvis Presley's death deprives our country of a part of itself. His music and his personality, fusing the styles of white country and black rhythm and blues, permanently changed the face of American popular culture. His following was immense and he was a symbol to the people the world over of the vitality, rebelliousness and good humour of this country. He burst upon the scene more than twenty years ago with an impact that was unprecedented and will probably never be equaled.'

Bruce Springsteen
'He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy. It was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it. There have been a lotta tough guys.
He had more talent in his toe nail than most, if not all, of todays so called stars.
There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king."

Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones)
No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme.

Ursula Andress
'He's a very well-mannered and sensitive person - just like me.'

Chuck Berry
Blacks didn't have the air-waves Elvis had. He delivered what he obtained beautifully.
There just ain't no words to describe him. Elvis was the greatest who ever was, is or ever will be.

Little Richard
Elvis was God-given, there's no other explination. A Messiah comes around every few thousand years, and Elvis was it this time.
'He was an integrator, Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn't let black music through. He opened the door for black music.'

Chet Atkins
'He was white, but he sang black. It wasn't socially acceptable for white kids to buy black records at the time. Elvis filled a void.'

Joe Cocker
'Elvis is the greatest blues singer in the world today.'

Pat Boone
'There's no way to measure his impact on society or the void that he leaves. He will always be the King of rock 'n' roll.'

Rod Stewart
'People like myself, Mick Jagger and the others only really followed in his footsteps.'

Bing Crosby
'What he did was a part of history.'

Buddy Holly
'None of us could have made it without Elvis.'

Mark Knopfler
'Elvis Presley was a beautiful young person, right, whose recordings were just colossally great. But basically the best stuff he ever did was on the Sun record label. And then he got involved with Colonel Parker and went to RCA and then went the Hollywood way. The whole thing became completely ruined.'

Carl Perkins
'Even back then, when people would laugh at his sideburns and his pink coat and call him 'cissy' - he had a pretty hard road to go. In some areas motorcycle gangs would come to the shows. They would come to get Elvis, but he never worried about it. He went right out and did his thing and before the show was over, they were standing in line to get his autograph too.'

Mary Tyler Moore
'I thought anyone who had been the center of all that insanity for so long would have some of it rub off on him. But, after working in Change of habit with him, I realised I'd never worked with a more gentlemanly, kinder man. He's gorgeous.'

Mick Fleetwood
'I was a real little toddler when I first heard 'Hound dog'. I learned to play drums listening to him - beating on tin cans to his records. I'm sure his measurable effect on culture and music was even greater in England than in the States. People there are still really, really fanatical about Elvis. The news came over like a ton of bricks. I was driving back from the mountains and I had the radio on. They were playing an Elvis medley and I thought "Great". And then they came back with the news.'

BB King
I remember Elvis as a young man hanging around the Sun studios. Even then, I knew this kid had a tremendous talent. He was a dynamic young boy. His phraseology, his way of looking at a song, was as unique as Sinatra's. I was a tremendous fan, and had Elvis lived, there would have been no end to his inventiveness.

Jimmy Saville
'God must have been impatient for some rock'n'roll in heaven.'

Paul Simon
'The first time I heard his music, back in '54 or '55, I was in a car and I heard the announcer say, "Here's a guy who, when he appears on stage in the South, the girls scream and rush the stage". Then he played 'That's all right, mama'. I thought his name was about the weirdest I'd ever heard. I thought for sure he was a Black guy. Later on I grew my hair like him, imitated his stage act - once I went all over New York looking for a lavender shirt like the one he wore on one of his albums. I felt wonderful when he sang 'Bridge over troubled water', even though it was a touch on the dramatic side - but so was the song. When I first heard Elvis perform "Bridge Over Trouble Water" It was unbelivable,and I thought to myself, how the hell can I compete with that?"

Liberace
A truly good man who never forgot his friends or his fans.'

Paul McCartney
'It was a real thrill sitting there with the King. I mean he was always one of my favourites. I always knew that no matter how I felt, if I played an Elvis record it would make me happy. I've always dreamed of producing an album for Elvis.'

John Lennon
'There's only one person in the United States that we have ever wanted to meet.... not that he wanted to meet us. And we met him last night. We can't tell you how we felt. We just idolized him so much. When we first came to town, these guys like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra and all these people wanted to come over and hang around with us at night simply because we had all the women, all the chicks. We don't want to meet those people. They don't really like us. We don't really admire or like them. The only person that we wanted to meet in the United States of America was Elvis Presley. We can't tell you what a thrill that was last night.'
'Nothing really affected me until I heard Elvis. If there hadn't been an Elvis, there wouldn't have been the Beatles.'

Before Elvis there was nothing

so why is that that I always love Lennon's comment the most? :lmao: Just love that guy so much!!!!!
What Michael was saying about Elvis, does anyone has any quotation?

Remember, it was in the 70s, a short time before Michael started to rule the world..., thats the huge difference!!! who is the King now, and who took over the reign!!! :agree:

But, what about Bruce Springsteen? :tease:

Where I live, there was a store in the mall that sold nothing but Elvis stuff (and a few Marilyn Monroe things, lol). I never go into malls anymore, so I don't know if it's still there or not.

Remember, it was in the 70s, a short time before Michael started to rule the world..., thats the huge difference!!! who is the King now, and who took over the reign!!! :agree:

But, what about Bruce Springsteen? :tease:
Bruce was right that there is only one king! But I think he made a mistake while saying his name!! :tease: :lmao: :p :p :p

Where I live, there was a store in the mall that sold nothing but Elvis stuff (and a few Marilyn Monroe things, lol). I never go into malls anymore, so I don't know if it's still there or not.
o :lol: I don't think Elvis was ever as popular in my part of Europe as Michael, but lol! :)

Last edited:
Bruce was right that there is only one king! But I think he made a mistake while saying his name!! :tease: :lmao: :p :p :p

o :lol: I don't think Elvis was ever as popular in my part of Europe as Michael, but lol! :)

Elvis has never been so popular in Europe...., only in America, No Asia, No Arabic world, No Africa, No South America...

Bruce said that at the end of the 70s or early 80s, not after the Thriller rise... :punk:

Just read these shocking articles made by Elvis fans about Michael.

Elvis Presley & Michael Jackson - Parallels in lives, deaths of Michael Jackson and Elvis
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/Michael_Jackson_Elvis_Presley.html

Elvis or Michael Jackson - who is the bigger star?
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_michaeljackson.htm

Annie: I'm so sick of the media overkill surrounding Michael Jackson. He was an OK singer who had a few major hit albums but that in no way can compare to what Elvis achieved during his lifetime. In 10 years time it will be Michael who? Elvis however will live on forever.

I adore Elvis hes one of my Musical Heros along with MJ and Freddie Mercury :D my fave Elvis track is If I Can Dream i adore it Elvis sings it with so much passion

Billboard Top 20

http://www.elvisunlimited.com/frontpage/elvis_history/billboard_top_20/

Focus on the album chart..., btw..., if he really could sell a billion records, where are all these singles and especially albums on the list of the best selling albums of all time... :doh: - NONE of them!!! ;D

You do realize that chart is for for the US only; Elvis did have fans outside of the states, lol. . . . Power is in numbers, and RCA released tons of re-packaged material, so the sales volume comes from the volume of albums released, opposed to Elvis having a few huge mega-albums. . . . How artists package their music and how record companies distribute it is obviously a world of difference now then it was when Elvis came on the scene in the 1950s.

To answer your question about how Elvis' sales figures, read the below articles:

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/one_billion_record_sales.shtml

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/elvisvsbeatlespart1.html

http://www.elvisunlimited.com/frontpage/elvis_history/what_did_they_say_about_elvis/

Cliff Richard
I owe Elvis my career, and the entire music business owes him it's lifeline.

Frank Sinatra
(1977) There have been many accolades uttered about Elvis' talent and performances through the years, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly. I shall miss him dearly as a friend. He was a warm, considerate and generous man

John Landau (Review of Elvis 1968 TV Special)
"There is something magical about watching a man who has lost himself find his way back home...He sang with the kind of power people no longer expect from rock ‘n' roll singers."

Bill Clinton
You know, Bush is always comparing me to Elvis in sort of unflattering ways. I don't think Bush would have liked Elvis very much, and that's just another thing that's wrong with him.

Bob Dylan
When I first heard Elvis' voice I just knew that I wasn't going to work for anybody; and nobody was going to be my boss...Hearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail.
The highlight of my career? That's easy, Elvis recording one of my songs

Garth Brooks
I'm sitting in the drive-through and I've got my three girls in the back and this station comes on and it's playing "Jailhouse Rock," the original version, and my girls are jumping up and down, going nuts. I'm looking around at them and they've heard Dad's music all the time and I don't see that out of them

Cher
The first concert I attended was an Elvis concert when I was eleven. Even at that age he made me realize the tremendous effect a performer could have on an audience

Britney Spears
I think Elvis is the sexiest man to ever walk the earth, I love him.

Shania Twain
You want me to Describe Elvis, WOW!

Natalie Wood
'Every morning when I woke up and looked out the window, there were at least two hundred kids lined up on the sidewalk outside, staring at the house. Some of them would stay there all day long, just trying to get a glimpse of him. And when he would go out, he was very sweet to them. A lot of people I know would get angry, or impatient - but Elvis is very sweet to the kids, very nice to them. He always spend as much time with them as he can, even though it tires him out'

Bo Diddley
'If Presley copied me, I don't care. More power to him. I'm not starving'

Jim Morrison
Elvis is the best ever, the most original. He started the ball rolling for us all. He deserves the recognition.

Janice Joplin
Elvis is my man!

Glen Campbell
'It was just incredible in Vegas. I was kidding him. He introduced me and said, "Campbell, I understand you're doing an imitation of me. I just want you to know it will always be an imitation." And I said, "I'm not going to do it no more, I got to gain some weight first." He laughed and the audience went, "Ooh, hey, boo." I said, "Can't you take a joke?" And Elvis said, "Well, when you're down here next, I'm coming down and I'm gonna sit in the front row and read the newspaper and heckle." The audience laughed and I said, "Elvis, if I'm singing as good as you are, I won't care."'

Sammy Davis Jr.
'There was something just bordering on rudeness about Elvis. He never actually did anything rude, but he always seemed as if he was just going to. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate him eleven.'

George Bush
'You Memphis politicians had better watch out if Elvis Presley ever decides to enter politics.'

Margaret Thatcher (Former British Prime Minister)
I love his music because he was my generation. But then again, Elvis is everyones generation, and he always will be.

Ronald Reagan
He epitomised America, and for that we shall be eternally greatful. There will never be anyone else like him. Let's all rejoice in his music

Jimmy Carter
'Elvis Presley's death deprives our country of a part of itself. His music and his personality, fusing the styles of white country and black rhythm and blues, permanently changed the face of American popular culture. His following was immense and he was a symbol to the people the world over of the vitality, rebelliousness and good humour of this country. He burst upon the scene more than twenty years ago with an impact that was unprecedented and will probably never be equaled.'

Bruce Springsteen
'He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy. It was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it. There have been a lotta tough guys.
He had more talent in his toe nail than most, if not all, of todays so called stars.
There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king."

Ursula Andress
'He's a very well-mannered and sensitive person - just like me.'

Chuck Berry
Blacks didn't have the air-waves Elvis had. He delivered what he obtained beautifully.
There just ain't no words to describe him. Elvis was the greatest who ever was, is or ever will be.

Little Richard
Elvis was God-given, there's no other explination. A Messiah comes around every few thousand years, and Elvis was it this time.
'He was an integrator, Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn't let black music through. He opened the door for black music.'

Chet Atkins
'He was white, but he sang black. It wasn't socially acceptable for white kids to buy black records at the time. Elvis filled a void.'

Joe Cocker
'Elvis is the greatest blues singer in the world today.'

Pat Boone
'There's no way to measure his impact on society or the void that he leaves. He will always be the King of rock 'n' roll.'

Rod Stewart
'People like myself, Mick Jagger and the others only really followed in his footsteps.'

Bing Crosby
'What he did was a part of history.'

Buddy Holly
'None of us could have made it without Elvis.'

Mark Knopfler
'Elvis Presley was a beautiful young person, right, whose recordings were just colossally great. But basically the best stuff he ever did was on the Sun record label. And then he got involved with Colonel Parker and went to RCA and then went the Hollywood way. The whole thing became completely ruined.'

Carl Perkins
'Even back then, when people would laugh at his sideburns and his pink coat and call him 'cissy' - he had a pretty hard road to go. In some areas motorcycle gangs would come to the shows. They would come to get Elvis, but he never worried about it. He went right out and did his thing and before the show was over, they were standing in line to get his autograph too.'

Mary Tyler Moore
'I thought anyone who had been the center of all that insanity for so long would have some of it rub off on him. But, after working in Change of habit with him, I realised I'd never worked with a more gentlemanly, kinder man. He's gorgeous.'

Mick Fleetwood
'I was a real little toddler when I first heard 'Hound dog'. I learned to play drums listening to him - beating on tin cans to his records. I'm sure his measurable effect on culture and music was even greater in England than in the States. People there are still really, really fanatical about Elvis. The news came over like a ton of bricks. I was driving back from the mountains and I had the radio on. They were playing an Elvis medley and I thought "Great". And then they came back with the news.'

BB King
I remember Elvis as a young man hanging around the Sun studios. Even then, I knew this kid had a tremendous talent. He was a dynamic young boy. His phraseology, his way of looking at a song, was as unique as Sinatra's. I was a tremendous fan, and had Elvis lived, there would have been no end to his inventiveness.

Jimmy Saville
'God must have been impatient for some rock'n'roll in heaven.'

Paul Simon
'The first time I heard his music, back in '54 or '55, I was in a car and I heard the announcer say, "Here's a guy who, when he appears on stage in the South, the girls scream and rush the stage". Then he played 'That's all right, mama'. I thought his name was about the weirdest I'd ever heard. I thought for sure he was a Black guy. Later on I grew my hair like him, imitated his stage act - once I went all over New York looking for a lavender shirt like the one he wore on one of his albums. I felt wonderful when he sang 'Bridge over troubled water', even though it was a touch on the dramatic side - but so was the song. When I first heard Elvis perform "Bridge Over Trouble Water" It was unbelivable,and I thought to myself, how the hell can I compete with that?"

Liberace
A truly good man who never forgot his friends or his fans.'

Paul McCartney
'It was a real thrill sitting there with the King. I mean he was always one of my favourites. I always knew that no matter how I felt, if I played an Elvis record it would make me happy. I've always dreamed of producing an album for Elvis.'

John Lennon
'There's only one person in the United States that we have ever wanted to meet.... not that he wanted to meet us. And we met him last night. We can't tell you how we felt. We just idolized him so much. When we first came to town, these guys like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra and all these people wanted to come over and hang around with us at night simply because we had all the women, all the chicks. We don't want to meet those people. They don't really like us. We don't really admire or like them. The only person that we wanted to meet in the United States of America was Elvis Presley. We can't tell you what a thrill that was last night.'
'Nothing really affected me until I heard Elvis. If there hadn't been an Elvis, there wouldn't have been the Beatles.'

Before Elvis there was nothing

Nice list of quotes.

If he only knew...

Annie: I'm so sick of the media overkill surrounding Michael Jackson. He was an OK singer who had a few major hit albums but that in no way can compare to what Elvis achieved during his lifetime. In 10 years time it will be Michael who? Elvis however will live on forever.
:brow:

I adore Elvis hes one of my Musical Heros along with MJ and Freddie Mercury :D my fave Elvis track is If I Can Dream i adore it Elvis sings it with so much passion
That's my fave song, too! :yes: It's sooo beautiful. I learned to like him through my dad who is a massive EP fan but I don't think I'll ever be as big fan as I'm of Michael's.

Elvis has never been so popular in Europe...., only in America, No Asia, No Arabic world, No Africa, No South America...

Bruce said that at the end of the 70s or early 80s, not after the Thriller rise... :punk:

Just read these shocking articles made by Elvis fans about Michael.

Elvis Presley & Michael Jackson - Parallels in lives, deaths of Michael Jackson and Elvis
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/Michael_Jackson_Elvis_Presley.html

Elvis or Michael Jackson - who is the bigger star?
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_michaeljackson.htm

* A large percentage of Elvis' sales comes from overseas actually; the stats back it up.

* Bruce was a big Elvis fan (he wears an Elvis button the cover of Born to Run) and was inspired by Elvis as a kid, so I'm sure he'd still call Elvis the King.

* As for the Elvis' fans articles, I don't see the point of fans debating who is "better" when it's all subjective. I'm sure they're threatened by the media attention and accolades of Michael as "the greatest entertainer ever," but that shouldn't impede their enjoyment of Elvis. . . . I guess only time will tell who's more talked about in X years, and none of us will be around in 100 yrs anyway, so I enjoy them both.

You do realize that chart is for for the US only; Elvis did have fans outside of the states, lol. . . . Power is in numbers, and RCA released tons of re-packaged material, so the sales volume comes from the volume of albums released, opposed to Elvis having a few huge mega-albums. . . . How artists package their music and how record companies distribute it is obviously a world of difference now then it was when Elvis came on the scene in the 1950s.

To answer your question about how Elvis' sales figures, read the below articles:

look at this what this Complete Idiot, put in response, to the silly article:

"I read your article about this and I am gonna give my views on this subject. Who is the biggest star between the two? Thats a funny thing to ask. Of course its Elvis! Yes Michael was a big star and yes he was an outstanding performer. But what else did the guy really do? The answer is NOTHING! Elvis on the other hand was the greatest star the world has ever known and will ever know. I wont write the many many things he did for others and for charities and so on because like Elvis himself said "that is not what matters". Elvis had hit records all over the world, hit singles all over the world, gave concerts year after year all over the country, did the first EVER World Wide Satellite concert, and on and on. The accomplishments of the King could go on forever.

What did Michael really do? In my book he had two major hit albums and they were Thriller and Bad. But can you really say anything that followed was really any good? "

then he goes to talk about the trial, how low can he go!
this man know absolutely NOTHING! about anything!! makes me sick:ranting:

* As for the Elvis' fans articles, I don't see the point of fans debating who is "better" when it's all subjective. I'm sure they're threatened by the media attention and accolades of Michael as "the greatest entertainer ever," but that shouldn't impede their enjoyment of Elvis. . . . I guess only time will tell who's more talked about in X years, and none of us will be around in 100 yrs anyway, so I enjoy them both.

My grandfather only listened to blues music, so he would probably say somebody like Slim Harpo is the greatest, lol.

wait how is elvis not big overseas...only in america??

its interesting how on here its said that elvis is not big overseas, yet i have seen indian movies , bollywood that have the elvis hair and pretending to play a guitar back from the 70s. same as you see influences with michael now in our generation.

american stars who get huge tend to get huge worldwide. theres tons of fans from all parts of the world for other american stars/legends not only michael or elvis even.

my parents grew up with the elvis/beatles generation, and no way i talk about michael can convince them otherwise that michael is bigger, same as whoever else in the future that gets as big as elvis and michael... the next generation will say the same thing. elvis fans want to protect their singers legacy, some will insult michael, same as we sometimes will insult elvis and both sides may lie to do it sometimes.
they both had great music and great unique voices, and preformed amazing for their fans.
we keep bringing up elvis so he must have been great. this isnt an american forum, so to say elvis isnt big anywhere else in the world. ah. we are talking about him. thanks for the quotes.

What Michael was saying about Elvis, does anyone has any quotation?

What Michael thought of Elvis :giggle: (taken from the Julien Auction exhibition)

p1000089.jpg

p1000090.jpg

I don't think he was a fan :lol:...

PS I wonder what Lisa Marie thought about this statue, with that message, being put on display at Neverland. :scratch: I can't imagine her being too impressed :doh:

^^^^^That's a well known quote, so I'm sure Lisa has heard it before.

Yeah, but it must've gotten to her. It's basically calling her father a tool.

Well, basically Elvis was used by Colonel Parker, who always ripped him off, overworked him, and made him do things he didn't really want to do.

This is ridiculous, physically its impossible to sell so many records, especially albums!
The - 1 billion - number (of which the 600 mill. outside the US) is total nonsense, and the music experts do know that!

The thing is that all fan pages monstrously overrate the "numbers"...
At least, if Elvis sold lets say 600 albums, and released 25 abums and GHs, it would equal 24 mill. for each album, but more or less for every album..., so where are those numbers and albums on what lists of best sellers?
Especially this your link - http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/one_billion_record_sales.shtml
The author consciously presents a one-sided "story" of overrated numbers, and plays a role of Mr. Know-all, dismissing everything that could overcome Elvis what in fact has been..., and only the single chart positions are now relevant as for the Elvis success, but not the albums sales....
I find as the most ridiculous the passage of
24wej9k.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, Parker didn't want him to tour outside the US.

I don't understand the reason for that. The poor guy got stuck doing gigs in Vegas till the day he died. I don't even think he enjoyed it.

Nice list of quotes.

Nice, but everything (has) changed since Michaels Off the Wall and Thriller album... :yes: and the quotes were said before Michaels US and global megasuccess...

I dont want to emphasize Michael as the only one best seller, of most successful artists, and be like some of Elvis fans acting like morons, I just see the facts, not a fan delusion..., its like claiming the Thriller has sold 110 mill., but officially only 60+...

ONLY the official confirmations are relevant, as for Elvis, I have seen some of them, and they substantially reduced all the "numbers"..., why some of his fans dont want to see that, and destroy anything that has overcome Elvis???
Its like if there is a report that Michael has sold 1 or 10 or 100 mill. records, Elvis fans will claim Elvis has sold 5 or 50 or 500 million records, just not let Elvis be overcome by Michael, which he in fact has done...

Last edited:
I don't understand the reason for that. The poor guy got stuck doing gigs in Vegas till the day he died. I don't even think he enjoyed it.
It was rumored that Colonel Parker broke the law or something in Europe, so didn't want to go back there.

It was rumored that Colonel Parker broke the law or something in Europe, so didn't want to go back there.

Thank you for replying :D In case you couldn't tell, I know absolutely nothing about Elvis Presley.

What Michael thought of Elvis :giggle: (taken from the Julien Auction exhibition)

p1000089.jpg

p1000090.jpg

I don't think he was a fan :lol:...

PS I wonder what Lisa Marie thought about this statue, with that message, being put on display at Neverland. :scratch: I can't imagine her being too impressed :doh:
MJ talks about Elvis as well in "Moonwalk" who knows, maybe he changed his feelings about him later after he was with LMP. From the book I got the feeling that he didn't really care for Elvis, I guess I was right, lol.

Last edited:
MJ is a bigger international seller.

Expalin how Elvis is no where to the top of ANY charts outside the u.S. or U.K.?

MJ's U.S. sales count for 27%-37% of his worldwide sales.

Elvis' U.S. count for 60% of his worldwide sales.

These are proven facts.

MJ is a bigger international seller.

The Beatles and MJ are the 2 most important acts in the music industry history - The 2 only true audience breaking acts. The Beatles boosted alone all music markets in developed countries, while Jackson broke almost all third world markets thanks to Thriller.

Every acts have to thanks them both because some of their sales are possible only thanks to them.

Elvis and The Beatles were banned in many places, just like ALL western acts, all until Michael Jackson who was so big that even Russian authorities especially authorized his advertising's to air in their country. The same in China and every other eastern market, just like MTV were banning all black artists but Jackson was to big to be stopped by anyone in 83-96.

Whatever fans can say, Elvis has been unable to crack even strong markets like Italy, do not even try to compare with the record breaking audience reached by Jackson with all his albums from 79 to 95.

Elvis was NOT a worldwide megastar. His fame out of US/UK was far from being "that" big.

How many albums sold Elvis until his death ? Maybe as much as only 2 albums from Jackson.

Do not try to inflate his performances, Elvis in Canada ? His best selling album in this country sold 300k...

Thriller outsold Presley's best sellers by 10 to 1.

I have done tons of researches, and Jackson and the Beatles are the only two acts who managed a giant success in every single market. Pink Floyd are not that big in Asia, Madonna is nothing in Africa (in proportion of course), the Backstreet Boys never sold albums in France, many black artists never broke the Latin American market etc... But both Jackson and the Beatles have always at least 1 album (if not 3 or 4) among the best selling albums ever in every country. They are also the 2 only acts able to sell as well as local acts in all the "low" countries.

The Beatles haven't do this in all countries during their heydays due to some political problems but have corrected this issue thanks to their impressive catalog sales.

Elvis sold about 208 million records in the US and about 40 million in the UK : that makes roughly 248 million records in those 2 record markets that arguably represents at least 70%+ of Elvis' market share.
While Michael Jackson sold around 113 million records in the US (76 million albums + 37 million singles) and 35 million in the UK. BEFORE DEATH!!!!!!!! I don;t have the official numbers now to count how much his sales have risen in the U.S .and the U.K. To make an accurate number.

Elvis outsold MJ in those two markets, but MJ definitely outsold Elvis in France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Taiwan, South Korea and about everywhere else.

I take the example of Germany :

Elvis : 22 charted albums = 339 weeks on charts.
Michael Jackson : 482 weeks on charts with Thriller/Bad/Dangerous/HIStory only. 537 weeks with others albums/compilations.

Elvis : 0 #1 albums
MJ : 4 #1 albums (in a row), 25 weeks on the top.

"Elvis - 30 #1 Hits" seems to be Elvis major success in Germany,#3, 6 weeks in top 10 and 25 weeks on charts. It's ridiculous compare to Michael Jackson performance in this country, and it's the same everywhere except USA/UK.
In many countries, Thriller sales are higher than all Elvis discography !

^^^^Sales have little to do with an artist, but the promotional departments of record companies.

I don't get why MJ fans are so obsessed with Elvis and vice versa.

Back