What is Your Race/Ethnicity?

What is Your Race/Ethnicity?

• Total voters
Re: Which ethnicity are you?

Wouldn't really consider black or white an ethnicity :s

My parents are Italian and Macedonian. I was born and brought up in Australia. :)

I'm white. I'm a welsh girl. I strongly believe in Equality.

I'm portuguese, so I'm not very sure what that makes me, because we can say portuguese, spanish, italian people are latin, but usually latin people are from latin america :p So I think I'm white. Caucasian. Brown hair and brown eyes.
When I started to see this topic the music I was listening to was over and it started the music "black or white". Funny, huh? :p

Last edited:

* Black and White aren't ethnicities, just generic terms used by the government and institutions to sum up several ethnicities (Italian, Irish, English, Haitian, Kenyan, Jamaican, etc) .

* Asia is the world's largest continent w/ over half the world's population, and strictly speaking, in fact includes the Middle East, such as "Arabic," and India/"Indian."

* Likewise "Latin" covers all of Latin America, which is several countries.

These terms are just generic labels.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. "

-- John Lennon/The Beatles, I Am the Walrus

I'm white. Whenever I'm at a fan gathering I always find it amazing how many ethnicities there are, Michael broke down all barriers.

* Black and White aren't ethnicities, just generic terms used by the government and institutions to sum up several ethnicities (Italian, Irish, English, Haitian, Kenyan, Jamaican, etc) .

* Asia is the world's largest continent w/ over half the world's population, and strictly speaking, in fact includes the Middle East, such as "Arabic," and India/"Indian."

* Likewise "Latin" covers all of Latin America, which is several countries.

These terms are just generic labels.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. "

-- John Lennon/The Beatles, I Am the Walrus
That's nationalities o_O

It doesnt matter if you're black or white! :D Or some shade of brown or beige... I'm beige with a pink face! :D

I'm white. Whenever I'm at a fan gathering I always find it amazing how many ethnicities there are, Michael broke down all barriers.

That's one of the things that amaze me! I love it when i see that.

BTW, I'm white 100% pure white blood, though i wish i had mixed blood i could've showed off more on this board, hahaha:D

jk:cheeky:

That's one of the things that amaze me! I love it when i see that.

BTW, I'm white 100% pure white blood, though i wish i had mixed blood i could've showed off more on this board, hahaha:D

jk:cheeky:
lol i think it's important to be proud of whatever color we are be it white or black or however ...just be proud of it... God made us like that for a reason...and besides it's nice to see a raibow once in a while...a rainbow of colors like all the MJ fans around the world would be like if we were all at one place ... imagine ..we could even "paint" Michael's image with our skin colors... that would be nice

Wow and little disproportional are we... I thought things would be more even.

Nevertheless we all know Michael has fans from all around the world and of different colors and I bet that would be proportional.

I get tired of these check boxes telling me to specify which race I am because that is like someone coming up to me asking "Choose, which one do you love more your mother's side or your daddy's?"

I'm mixed with several races but at first glance people think "white" at second glance, don't know. I often get asked "What are you"

I just say, I'm a human, what are you?

I get tired of these check boxes telling me to specify which race I am because that is like someone coming up to me asking "Choose, which one do you love more your mother's side or your daddy's?"

I'm mixed with several races but at first glance people think "white" at second glance, don't know. I often get asked "What are you"

That's great for you that you want to show off your political correctness. I was at that stage when I was about 10 years old too. These days I'm confident in my and other people's heritage, so I just have fun with it so we can all be proud and see what a great mix we are.

That's great for you that you want to show off your political correctness. I was at that stage when I was about 10 years old too. These days I'm confident in my and other people's heritage, so I just have fun with it so we can all be proud and see what a great mix we are.

It's not about political correctness. Try again ;)

I love how people get all bent out of shape and try to boost their own self worth while putting someone else down. Sorry i don't have a cookie for you.

Good because I don't like cookies. Boost my own self-worth while putting someone else down? WTF?
NEWSFLASH: Michael was proud to be black and said so repeatedly! Yet he was all for unity between races and equality! Does that make sense to you? It's about being proud of who you are! Impossible for you maybe, but for the rest of us that is not a contradiction, being for unity and being proud of your heritage. P.S. I never get bent out of shape, especially not over something I read on the internet. Have a good day.

I'm green :D

joke. I'm simply white... :)

Lol I know exactly how you feel! I am mixed race as well but look more like one parent (and therefore one race) than the other...ppl never guess what race I I really am! And I hate chosing a race when there is no 'mixed race' option...its like they are asking you to choose to ignore one side of who you are...why is there still a need to tick these "race boxes" on forms...what does it matter anyway (we are all part of the same race in the end - the human race)

I mixed Asian and White/Caucasian. Mommy is Filipina and dad is a whitey, haha.

Thats what I am too!
I was born and grew up in Australia...but my mother is from the Phillipines and my dad is white (with German, Russian, American, Jewish and Middle Eastern ancestory)...

Black/White but I usually just say Black..

Im white/european, love all races and people though, nothing to hate and more to learn from everybody:)

white uk

ugly20man20laugh.gif

Back