What version of The Way You Love Me do you prefer?

What version of The Way You Love Me do you prefer?

• Total voters

MechaJackson

Proud Member
I like the Michael version's melody since it's Christmas-y, but the Ultimate Collection version is MJ's original song, and it's also longer I believe.

Definately the Ultimate Collection version. Michael approved of this release and we don't know if he would have wanted it to be edited and released again, as it did on 'Michael'.

I like both. I voted for Ultimate Collection I guess because that's what I'm used to, but I really do like both. I'm glad they didn't ruin the song with their update of it.

Ulimate Collection is much better for me....I can feel his soul more clearly in this one...It's simpler...I like it when Michael is simple because that's when the magic comes out....:wub:

The Ultimate collection version :wub: It was perfect the way it was, I loved the simplicity of it.. The added instruments sound off to me... I do like it though, But much prefer the original. :)

the TUC version !!!!!
it's the true version, the real demo... not the massacred version lol

did you noticed, the last part of the Michael version is Melodyned ?
this last part is not new.. it's only the chorus changed by Melodyne
and we can recognize his voice.
Riley lying when he says he used Melodyne on Cascio's songs, cause it's not Michael voice.

By far the one on The Ultimate Collection. The best instrument of that song was his voice, both on lead and background vocals. It feels to me like the new version is stripped of that with the added instrumentation. The only thing I like about it is the telephone intro.

Both for difference reasons. TUC sounds a bit more playful, more free flowing, just playing with the music.

The 'Michael' version is a bit more put together and less 'free', but has the wonderful charm of him singing into a phone- and who wouldn't love that.

In my mind it's great that both versions exist, for they do different things.

And last but not least I adore his ability to write happy love songs- the majority of love songs is from the 'my wife ran away, my dog ran away and life sucks' type category. MJ writes an honest love song about liking the way he's being held- beautiful.

Both for difference reasons. TUC sounds a bit more playful, more free flowing, just playing with the music.

The 'Michael' version is a bit more put together and less 'free', but has the wonderful charm of him singing into a phone- and who wouldn't love that.

In my mind it's great that both versions exist, for they do different things.

And last but not least I adore his ability to write happy love songs- the majority of love songs is from the 'my wife ran away, my dog ran away and life sucks' type category. MJ writes an honest love song about liking the way he's being held- beautiful.

Couldn't agree more! :clapping:
Listening to this song now (TUC Version) and it's starting my day off just right...along with my cup of joe! :D

I like both, I am obviously more used to hearing the Ultimate Collection version but I think I like the Michael version slightly better.....possibly it's the voicemail that does it for me :D

The Ultimate Collection version

One think l love in Michael version is the telephone and beatbox.

Well if they left the original from the UlTIMATE Collection with the start of The Telephone call and Kept the same style for the Newer verison along with the chord change in that would be great.

the TUC version !!!!!
it's the true version, the real demo... not the massacred version lol

did you noticed, the last part of the Michael version is Melodyned ?
this last part is not new.. it's only the chorus changed by Melodyne

and we can recognize his voice.
Riley lying when he says he used Melodyne on Cascio's songs, cause it's not Michael voice.

I remember hearing Michael recorded parts of the song around 08-09, don't know how true it is, but I do remember hearing about that.

Anywho, I like both, but I prefer the "Michael" version.

i like both but i like the TUC ending much better. i love that gentle " la da da, da da da da". and the "woo's" at the end of TUC leave u on a high, like your floating up in the clouds and i don't get that feeling as strongly on Michael.
but i still adore both version.
one of my fave mj songs because of the feeling it gives u. like everything is alright no matter how ur feeling..sigh

Ultimate Collection version is beautiful. The Michael version sounds very computerized and overproduced.

I didn't like TWYLM from Ultimate Collection... don't know why, but when I heard the MICHAEL version, i started really loving that song haha

I like the Ultimate Collection version. But my sister loves the "Michael" version. She actually makes me tired of the song, she plays it so much. ALthough I do have to say that I love the intro to the song on "Michael".

Back