which era did u become a fan ?

when did u become a fan ?

• Total voters
1988 I have listened to a song of MJ for the first time. (Can´t remember which song)
From that time I became a fan of him - 1991 I´ve got my first CD of MJ - Dangerous!!! My fanship was growing up very fast!!!!

I chose '84 but it was actually '83 when I saw the Billie Jean video. I thought he was the most gorgeous being that I'd ever seen!

I became a fan in 1989 when I was about to turn 9 years old and why I am so passionate about the stage "Bad", that was then that I completely fallen in love for the art of Michael. And every day I thank God for having discovered essse great artist! :)

The first time I ever saw him perform! ...which was when I saw the BAD video when I was just starting 2nd grade and I was 8 years old in 1987.

awww I choose 1978, but it was on 1979, I saw the rock with you video, I was 6 years old! I felt in love inmediately, and everyday I am more in love with you Michael!!!

I adore you!

I was brought up on MJ. I was born in 82, and my mom says that when Michael would be on tv, everyone had to shut up and let me watch MJ and I would dance around and sing when I was like 3. I can honestly say I was born to be a fan.:D

Then I remember when the Bad tour first started, I saw a clip of him on the news and was awestruck. I yelled to my mom "Ooohh he's so pretty and I wanna marry him! He's my favorite!" :wub: My mom brought Moonwalker home for me after she heard me... ahh good times.:blush:

I talk too much...tee hee

Last edited:
i changed my mind.
1958 before michael was born or concieved ..even though i was not born or concieved until the 80's. :-O funny poll.

Didn't see the option in the poll r/t when the J5 started. That's where I fit in, whatever year that was.

I chose 2006 (but it was more like 2005)...coz technically that was when I became a bigger fan then I already was (in that I started doing more research on him (reading his autobiography watching all his videos including when he was with the Jackson 5)..

If u want to get really technical I have probably been a fan most of my life since around 1989 when i first heard billie jean as a 4 yr old..but I didn't really know much about him (other than tabloid stuff) until 2005 when I did alot of research and became a fan of not just of his music but him as a person..

wow there's way loads of us recent youtube video induced fans lol! youtube is good for mike lol

the next generation will always know MJ lol

:punk::D

Ah good ol youtube! thats how I became a bigger fan of him! If it wasn't for youtube I wouldn't have been able to find out as much as i did about his past interviews and performances (and well most of his history as an artist)...I credit youtube for turning me into the big fan I am today!

You left a whole era out
The J5 era _ I fist saw MJ on the
Ed Sullivan show early 70's and
have been a fan through every era
all my friends were Osmond fans but I
fell in luv with MJ first time he sang to me
as a little girl:wub:

1987, premier of Bad Short Film. Not yet superfan, but one year later I saw a video of Michael from The Victory Tour performing Billie Jean, and I was hooked.

I was 4 years old when the "Thriller" album was released. I remember seeing the 3 videos from it and enjoyed it. that's when I started listening to Michael....but as far as becoming a fan.....the "Bad" album is what did it for me. My dad who works in radio, brought home a copy of the LP version to Bad and I was hooked since.

"Dangerous" just locked me in even further because IMO that is Michael's best album to date

It was a very Dangerous era and I loved it. But I've always felt like I should have been born in the 70s so I could have enjoyed the Thriller era but more importantly the sexiest and baddest era of all time, the Bad era. Oh, what I would give to have been born in the year 1970. I adore the 80s.

Off the Wall for me. I was 11 in 1979. It was a natural to fall in love with Thriller in 1982/1983 since I was just entering high school and I was a PYT!

The very start of the Dangerous era (1991) at 8 years old.

After I saw MSG concert on TV in 2001 when I was 11. I then bought "Invincible" and gradually spent all my pocket money on the rest :p

Well my mum said i became a fan when i was 3. Which i think that may have been the "bad" era. But i remember really being into mj when i was 5 - which was around 1990

Thriller era, 1984 on the dot. I was 12 yrs old. I didn't have older siblings and my parents were clueless and didn't think we needed MTV, lol, so I was like the only kid in the universe who had somehow gotten that far without knowing the name Michael Jackson. I hadn't even seen any of his videos (!) when I watched the American Music Awards and Grammy's that year. I was like, "Who is that???" Spent my February birthday money on Thriller, read everything about him I could and... what can I say. I was forever in love by that summer :wub:

Back