Who Is It

I've always wondered which genres this song belongs to. Pop, R&B,...? It's certainly unique. It's so underrated it's a crime

haha. Mo, I havnt spoken to you in ages.

Nice to see you still reppin for Who Is It. some things never change! haha

"Who Is It" is easily my favorite Dangerous track and one of my all-time favorite MJ tunes. It represents such a dark and dramatic turn on the album -- and in Michael's song catalogue. I like to think of it as a sort of sequel to "Billie Jean" because it's really the first time since that song he's addressed the aspects of a relationship gone bad (first paternity suits then cheating/adultery) Absolutely incredible!

that song is what got me at dangerous era...it has amazing emotion...amazing vocals and definatelty michael puts his heart and feelings on it

Who is It is pop-soul or something but michael's songs rarely belong to only one genre! :D

Yeh "who is it" is my fave song on the dangerous album :)

Hmmm . . . . I Also Love This Song,Although There Are Many More Of My Favorites. But The Best Bit Of This Song For Me Is The Intro.The Bit He Performed On The Oprah Winfree Interview 1993 X

Fantastic song. He starts from mainly crying and leads up to mostly shouting with anger and pain while still cryin. If I went through the same situation and listened to the song, it would sound even scary cuz it's like you hearing your own inner voice through him.

Last edited:
It's also my favourite but I really like how it blends so well straight on to Give in to me. Infact the track layout from 9-14 is incredibly well done on Dangerous

If Michael ever tours again he must put Who Is It in the setlist. It will be better than the repetetive Jackson 5 Medley that's for sure

I like the song too, as well as the video. The fact that it's so dark and touches upon the subject of infidelity and heartbreak makes it even more intrigueing. Has be one of MJ's most over-looked songs in my opinion.

Yeah I was going to see THE most over looked, but I could never say that cause about 5 other gems just popped into my head as I started to type :D

love this song. i have it as my ringtone
That's a great idea. :cheeky:

"It is a friend of miiiine!"

It's also my favourite but I really like how it blends so well straight on to Give in to me.
Infact the track layout from 9-14 is incredibly well done on Dangerous

For sure! I love that! :D

And theres something about the off centered melodic beats
that just awesome!

"Who Is It" is off the ratings scale. More than a 10 to me.

So Mo, you're not alone on your love for this song.

That's a great idea. :cheeky:

"It is a friend of miiiine!"

For sure! I love that! :D

And theres something about the off centered melodic beats
that just awesome!

"Who Is It" is off the ratings scale. More than a 10 to me.

So Mo, you're not alone on your love for this song.

yeah my ringtone as well :D

^ It used to be my ringtone too, but now it's Come Together! :D

Who Is It is one of my favourite Michael songs. It's amazing! A few of his songs I just listen to and think, this is perfection! Along with Who Is It I think that about Stranger In Moscow, Dangerous, Will You Be There among others. Like, there is absolutely nothing I would change about them.

I agree about the video though, I was never really that interested in it and skip it a lot if I'm watching it on DVD. :mellow:

I hear this song and feel his pain.Who ever hurt him should be ashamed because if she was that person he found in the dark, she sure put a number on him.I love this song so much that it will always be the greatest song ever made. I know he danced in the studio when he did this song. What a groove he put on this song.

Never thought I'd feel pain listening to the song now :(

Last edited:
Nevre thought I'd feel pain listening to the song now :(

I know :(

Listening to Michael and knowing he's not with us anymore and losing all hope of seeing him in this life ever again. Mostly, knowing that we've lost one of the most amazing talents ever. Man, everyday I hoped Michael would share his genius with us. Everyday, for a long time, I visited forums in hopes to see Michael's new mesmerizing projects. I adore talent in any field. Those who are gifted are so precious. They show us what our kind can achieve. They tells that the horizons are wider than we think. They inspire, and Michael was the most talented man of our time. To know that he's gone that we've been deprived of that talent, is very sad. What's even sadder, people tormented him while he was alive and kept him from sharing his talents with us in his last years. Gifted individuals are a TREASURE to be preserved and not means to be exploited for fame and greed. The world needs to learn from Michael's life and appreciate genius.

who is it is probably my all time favorite MJ song. the chorus with the screaming and all of the emotion is just incredible.

Back