Why is Miley Cyrus so populated?

that's usually what happens o most disney/kids stars when there fanbase grows up there careers usually go down the darin and it's hard to get into that audience

I agree, and not only to Disney stars. I think it applies to a lot of child actresses/musicians/stars

New Kid on the block, young and brit Brite is moviing into acting. I guess...lol

I do wonder, however, why Raven Symone didn't get this kind of reception. Every little Black girl under ten that I knew was OBSESSED with her although I don't remember things being this saturated. Did she appear on the Oprah Winfrey show? Was it this wild with her and the Cheetah Girls? Help me remember because it's all Miley all the time right now! I don't even remember "Zack and Cody" getting this much attention.
Raven DID get this kind of reception...the difference here is that Raven didn't tour like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, that and Raven was always purposely low key to begin with. They don't call her the "400 Million Dollar Woman" for nothing.

"That's So Raven" was one of the highest rated shows in the history of the Disney Channel, her merchandise sold like it was water in a desert, and the Cheetah girls were almost as huge as the High School Musical franchise.

I'd go as far as to say that Hilary Duff was only under Raven..."Lizzie McGuire" was HUGE too in its heyday.

Raven DID get this kind of reception...the difference here is that Raven didn't tour like Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, that and Raven was always purposely low key to begin with. They don't call her the "400 Million Dollar Woman" for nothing.

"That's So Raven" was one of the highest rated shows in the history of the Disney Channel, her merchandise sold like it was water in a desert, and the Cheetah girls were almost as huge as the High School Musical franchise.

I'd go as far as to say that Hilary Duff was only under Raven..."Lizzie McGuire" was HUGE too in its heyday.

and she's still at it. i just heard Raven do an interview with Ryan Seacrest...and she did a movie with Martin Lawrence that did well in the box office, recently. she could compete with James Brown for the hardest working person in show business right now. she's quite entreprenurial in her entertainment exploits.

Way too many of today's "hot" acts are based on image rather than talent. There are many more genuinely talented artists out there (both young and old) that have posted videos to YouTube and such, but because they don't have the looks, or the name, or the connections, they'll never be 'discovered'.

Reactions: SoS
Well being probably the only parent on this thread...lol
Ill tell you why shes so popular from a parents perspective. My girls have her plastered all over their walls and watch her show and listen to her songs essesently and actually ive watched her show a time or two and really like it. lol
Its because she has a clean cut image and i personally LOVE that about her. I wouldnt let my girls like someone so much that showed a bad example. I just wouldnt. It wouldnt be good for them and they know that.
Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus is here for a LONG time to come. And i for one am VERY glad for it. Hopefully she keeps up the good work and stays true to herself unlike so many that were before her.
Her family and her has a big faith in God so that helps too. :)

because the kids like her. whoever has a big kid/teen fan base like she does is popular.
harry potter is another example. shes huge for the kids little world but not for the real world. it was different for the J5 cuz they had a huge following and fan base that included ppl of all ages. the J5 were for both kids and adults thats why they were so massive in the REAL world and timeless.

Reactions: SoS
it's just about promotion..

Some forget that the 'tween' demographic is a real strong way to go..

Not just for young stars, but for adults..

U see them doing kids choice awards and stuff.. Getting that young support.. It really helps

I'd rather have my kids watch/listen to her, raven samone, etc. than paris, lindsay, and those sickly looking olsen twins.

because the kids like her. whoever has a big kid/teen fan base like she does is popular.
harry potter is another example. shes huge for the kids little world but not for the real world. it was different for the J5 cuz they had a huge following and fan base that included ppl of all ages. the J5 were for both kids and adults thats why they were so massive in the REAL world and timeless.

Harry Potter isn't a good comparison, since both kids and adults are fans of the books and the movies. Where I haven't really seen any adults (as far as I know) who are fans of Miley Cyrus.

Last edited:
Harry Potter isn't a good comparison, since both kids and adults are fans of the books and the movies. Where I haven't really seen any adults (as far as I know) who are fans of Miley Cyrus.

yes i know but my point was that harry potter mainly attracts kids. his fan base is mainly kids/teens and less adults.

AHHHH CURSE THE DISNEY CHANNEL! CURSE IT! HANNA MONTANA! HIGHSCHOOL MUSICAL! KIM POSSIBLE!! CURSE IT ALL!! there is NO WAY Sir Walter Disney would accept what the disney channel has created!!! NO WAY!!! ... Miley disappoints me. have you heard her sing during her show...not when she's made up as "hanna montana" but when she is just really singing..she sounds NOTHING like she does on stage in the show or on her CD...her voice is so made up! .. i'm sorry... i'm a TERRIBLY mean critict..one of my worst qualities really... BUT I CAN'T STAND THE DISNEY CHANNEL!

I don't get the deal with Miley Cyrus. No offense, but what makes her so much more special? Raven's show didn't receive this much feedback.... Hell, neither did Hilary Duff.

Don't get me wrong, she's a better role model than Paris or Lindsay, but c'mon... she'a like 14 or 15. There's already pictures of her circulating the net making seductive gestures and poses. She's definitely not immune to the Hollywood life.

People say she's just a young girl trying to have fun, but that can also be said for Lindsay Lohan...

OMG !!

she is like, Hannah Montanna like totally !!

SHe rocks !!

^^^

she is like Hanna Montana?.... i'm not sure what this means or if it's just sarcasm :p lol. i dunno.

however...she bugs me. i'm trying so hard to do this new thing where i'm not judging people i dont' know lol..but i have a hard time with her...she seems like such a "perfect pre-teen girl model" that is SAPPY!!! i mean...she tries too hard to prove that she's "wise beyond her years" to the point that she seems lame in real life. but... blah.. i said enough lol i'm sorry. i know.. i'm a meanie :-\

She seems nice, has a great attitude, her music is fun and inspiring, and her show is funny. If you don't like her music, or her show, don't listen, don't watch.

She seems nice, has a great attitude, her music is fun and inspiring, and her show is funny. If you don't like her music, or her show, don't listen, don't watch.

ah. yes. but i dont' watch her show or listen to her music (well, i mean i AM a Nanny with girls that are in LOVE with her so i'm forced to hear it or see it from time to time) BUT for me it's beyond that. trust me. i'm not trying to offend any of her fans here. i like her a heck of a lot more than i like hillary duff or lindsay lohan....but it all goes back to the principals i hold as a true Disney fan :\...so i hope i didn't offend you at all

What's the likelihood of her being shredded to pieces once she hits 25? look what's happening to Britney :(

i don't think it will take til she's 25. i think it'll take til she's 20 AT THE LATEST!!...and i don't think she'll be like brittany..but i bet she'd end up like hilary duff or lindsay lohan (i mean..they both started out as disney stars".

you see. someone i like a lot so far as i know, that has started out with disney, is Anne Hathoway. she seems like a good person :D...why isn't she as big as miley cyrus

Hannah Montana rocks !!

she is one of the few role models i can allow my daughter to emulate.

She respects her parent, she has only one parent, my kids can identify with that, she lives a life with privilege but knows and understands the consequences that have to be met, if and when she falls short of her fathers expectations of her.

Last edited:
Back