Woman who posted comment on Larry King Blog says she feels "Very ashamed"

I don't think some of you guys are being fair. I'm a newer fan, but I personally never judged Michael and never believed what the media said about him. I used to listen to The Jackson 5 as a kid because of my dad back in the '90s, but didn't know who Michael Jackson was until 2001 when he performed with Britney Spears and I fell in love with "The Way You Make Me Feel." Through the years I listened only to singles and it wasn't until last year that I began really liking him, learning his dance moves, and listening to him more than before. I even got a small crush on him for a while but I didn't consider myself a fan. Now that he has passed I felt the need to get to know this man more than just by listening to his music and I found out that he was an amazingly talented, beautiful, and giving person and I was sorry that I didn't find out more about him earlier.

I just don't understand from what I've read around here, why some of you have to put yourselves above people who have just started being fans in the past 2 weeks when you don't know whether they hated him before or not. Even if they did, people change... I also understand that part of the reason Michael is gone now is because of these people that brought him down and I'm sorry. But sadly he is gone and people are learning from their mistakes. :-/ You guys don't know how much I've cried the past few days after realizing what the world and that family had lost. My pain and sadness may not be as great as yours, but it's still there.

I think I've seen more animosity and meanness on this board than I've seen at any other. With people cursing, calling eachother annoying, and everything. I never see that at the Marilyn Monroe board I'm a part of. I find it kind of sad. The man you guys love sought for peace, love, understanding, and healing and everyone here is so angry... I just don't think it's okay. :( I don't know if it's because of MJ's passing and everyone's emotions are all over the place, but I wish you guys would be a little more welcoming. Honestly, it makes me feel terrible reading some of the stuff you guys say about people who have just started liking MJ the person and his music. And maybe I shouldn't read it but it's just kind of there and I can't help it...

This is just my point of view, but if someone hated say Marilyn Monroe (who I am huge fan of and I think was a victim just like Michael, of the cruelty the public/media can inflict upon celebrities) but then they suddenly started watching her movies, interviews, and finding out more about her life and became fans, I would be happy. That's just one less hater in the world for her. I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I really do like this board, but I feel that people need to be more kind with eachother...

Last edited:
Well yes it is very horrible for the way that some and the way some people continue to treat MJ and his family for that matter, but i'm glad at least that this lady is seeing the error of her ways and that she was wrong about MJ.

I think I've seen more animosity and meanness on this board than I've seen at any other.
With people cursing, calling eachother annoying, and everything. I never see that at the Marilyn Monroe board I'm a part of. I find it kind of sad. The man you guys love sought for peace, love, understanding, and healing and everyone here is so angry... I just don't think it's okay. :(

I understand what you're saying and you make a lot of good points. However, you must understand how hard it was for MJ and his fans as well. MJ is the most ridiculed celebrity that has ever lived. No one has had it worse, period. The criticism he got was on a different level than most other celebrities. Only OJ had it as bad probably or even worse, but the amount of nasty, vile things that have been said about MJ over the years by the media and others is not easy to forget.

Then not only do people attack MJ, but they are very nasty about his fans. They call us all loony and delusional for supporting him. Do you know how much crap some of us have had to put up with during the trial and at other times? True, no one forces anyone here to be a fan, it is a personal choice, but it hasn't been easy at all supporting a man that many feel so much contempt for. It's just that all these years a lot of us have been supporting him through all the negativity when so many others turned their backs on him, it just seems kinda funny how so many are now saying they are fans now or have a re-newed interest in him. I mean, where was all this understanding when MJ was actually around to appreciate it? It might have made a difference for him if so many weren't always against him. Point is the fans were there when so many others weren't and i'm sure MJ remembered that. That's why he was always so nice to the fans. At times, I feel like we were some of the only people who didn't judge him and loved him unconditionally which is another reason why most are taking his passing so hard. He was really wonderful to his fans. Point here though is that we were here for him when it really mattered.

But it just has not been easy at all. We should all try to be understand and accepting I agree and i'm trying to do that myself, but I get why some MJ fans are as angry as they are. Seriously, no artist or fanbase has been as ridiculed as MJ and his fans have been. It's no wonder some are so angry, but I do think that we all should try to come together instead of arguing. I hope we all can direct our energies in a more positive direction, like trying to preserve MJ's legacy.

Its too late to apologize

Better late than never... I think MJ forgives them... I really believe that. This women is soo right.. And I think it's nobel of her to admit that.. I am sure, many around the world will agree with her..

I understand what you're saying and you make a lot of good points. However, you must understand how hard it was for MJ and his fans as well. MJ is the most ridiculed celebrity that has ever lived. No one has had it worse, period. The criticism he got was on a different level than most other celebrities. Only OJ had it as bad probably or even worse, but the amount of nasty, vile things that have been said about MJ over the years by the media and others is not easy to forget.

Then not only do people attack MJ, but they are very nasty about his fans. They call us all loony and delusional for supporting him. Do you know how much crap some of us have had to put up with during the trial and at other times? True, no one forces anyone here to be a fan, it is a personal choice, but it hasn't been easy at all supporting a man that many feel so much contempt for. It's just that all these years a lot of us have been supporting him through all the negativity when so many others turned their backs on him, it just seems kinda funny how so many are now saying they are fans now or have a re-newed interest in him. I mean, where was all this understanding when MJ was actually around to appreciate it? It might have made a difference for him if so many weren't always against him. Point is the fans were there when so many others weren't and i'm sure MJ remembered that. That's why he was always so nice to the fans. At times, I feel like we were some of the only people who didn't judge him and loved him unconditionally which is another reason why most are taking his passing so hard. He was really wonderful to his fans. Point here though is that we were here for him when it really mattered.

But it just has not been easy at all. We should all try to be understand and accepting I agree and i'm trying to do that myself, but I get why some MJ fans are as angry as they are. Seriously, no artist or fanbase has been as ridiculed as MJ and his fans have been. It's no wonder some are so angry, but I do think that we all should try to come together instead of arguing. I hope we all can direct our energies in a more positive direction, like trying to preserve MJ's legacy.

I hadn't thought of that and I understand your situations a little better now.
I promise my re-newed interest in him isn't because it's cool to like him now which is what some are doing or because I didn't care about him before (to be honest, I just think I didn't care as much as I should have), but because I genuinely feel that as a lover of music especially his, and someone who hates seeing a good person be ridiculed, I felt like I needed to learn about him, understand his importance, and most of all appreciate him for what he has done for the world through his music, words, and through his humanitarian work so I could protect him from anyone who wants to belittle him ever again. I'm just very sorry I didn't start earlier, even though I've always felt sad for him and the way he was portrayed, I never took a stand and defended him. I know my full support would have been more helpful when he was alive and I completely understand why everyone feels that the love he's receiving now could have saved him and why that causes anger in longtime fans. Unfortunately sometimes we humans take things for granted. :( I'm very sorry for what you all are going through...
Hopefully even though he's not here anymore and though I feel like a stranger, I can still help you all with my support and by helping you preserve his legacy as well.

Last edited:
I can't believe some people.
Would you prefer her to keep hating on Michael and talking crap about him?
This not about OUR ego and whether WE think it's too late or not.
As far as Michael's legacy is concerned, this can only be good.

I do remember how tough it was during the trial and before and after that. We never got a moment's rest as far as defending Michael was concerned. I haven't forgotten how much HELL the haters gave us.
But this is now.

Thank you lady for admitting, Michael would accept your apologize, I know for sure

Love

I never understand why people felt they had the authority to make comments on his personal life in the first place. Just the other day I was discussing MJ with a friend of mine who said that he liked the music, just not Michael. Stupidly, I asked 'Why not?' and he just raised his eyebrow, laughed a little, and started going on about the trials.
That's not how Michael should be remembered, he did so music and charity in his 50 years, why can't people remember him for that?

Don't get me wrong, it's great that she's admitted her mistakes, but she also contributed to Michael's stress and sadness over the years.
That's what upsets me. :(

it's never too late. And some of you michael jackson fan better start realizing that it is people like this lady who will help change minds of a lot people who still have an unfavorable view of michael jackson.

Grow up and accept the apology. We have a damn legacy to protect. And we need all the help we can get.

agreed

Thank you for writting that. Now, Im not trying to be self rightous because I know there are fans of his that really really did defend him guns a blazin when he needed it. I also believe, his supporters helped him survive the trial. I just take solace in knowing, the handful of times I had the opportunity to defend him and try to explain his beautiful nature to haters, I did. And everytime I did those people would treat me like I was a crazy MJ fan who was out of touch with reality.

I promise my re-newed interest in him isn't because it's cool to like him now which is what some are doing or because I didn't care about him before (to be honest, I just think I didn't care as much as I should have), but because I genuinely feel that as a lover of music especially his, and someone who hates seeing a good person be ridiculed, I felt like I needed to learn about him, understand his importance, and most of all appreciate him for what he has done for the world through his music, words, and through his humanitarian work so I could protect him from anyone who wants to belittle him ever again. I'm just very sorry I didn't start earlier, even though I've always felt sad for him and the way he was portrayed, I never took a stand and defended him. I know my full support would have been more helpful when he was alive and I completely understand why everyone feels that the love he's receiving now could have saved him and why that causes anger in longtime fans. Unfortunately sometimes we humans take things for granted. :( I'm very sorry for what you all are going through...
Hopefully even though he's not here anymore and though I feel like a stranger, I can still help you all with my support and by helping you preserve his legacy as well.

You don't need to apologize for anything , I wasn't directing that towards you specifically, but I think that what you said about preserving his legacy is what we all need to be thinking about as fans. I agree with you there completely. I think anyway any fans can help out would be great :).

Thats so lovely and beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. *snuggling hugs*

That lady's apology was very touching to read. A very close friend of mine had the very same reaction about a year or so ago when I started sharing with her why I love Michael. She admits that her obsession with celebrity and celebrity gossip is a bad thing and she struggles to combat it but she said I have made her realise that she is talking about human beings.

To me, it would be great if everyone took a look at themselves and felt bad about how they have treated celebrities (not just Michael) and made an effort to change. But that may be too much to ask. For that reason every individual who "makes the change" is a joy to my heart.

P.S. I open arms and heart to all 'newbies'. Let us grow in love together.

I can't believe some of the posts here... Just last night we witnessed so many people talking about Michael's kind heart, his love, his forgiveness, his giving nature (not that we didn't know these things beforehand) , and now we still find room for hate and bitterness.

Is this how you guys are planning on continuing Michael's legacy and respecting his memory? I sure hope not, cause then, the only ones worthy of shame would be YOU!

Yes, it's late, but even now, people can still realize what a wonderful person Michael was. Indeed, it's NEVER too late! By honouring his memory and heeding his words, people can become better.

If you don't learn to forgive, you have learned nothing from Michael.

I don't think it's too late either. We've all made mistakes, and all done things we are ashamed of.

It's never too late. And some of you Michael Jackson fan better start realizing that it is people like this lady who will help change minds of a lot people who still have an unfavorable view of Michael Jackson.

Grow up and accept the apology. We have a DAMN legacy to protect. And we need all the help we can get.

Well said, thank you! +

I agree. People who can admit they were wrong shouldn't be chastized. I think they should be comforted and encouraged. It's not too late to make some changes, all of us.

If you don't learn to forgive, you have learned nothing from Michael.

It takes a strong person to admit she was wrong. Some people (and I will admit that a tiny part of my heart is still angry at people for all the bullshit that has been said about this man) will feel its too little way to late.
But part of what makes me glad as I watch the coverage in the media now, is that maybe there is a chance that his message get through to just a few more people now.
In the bigger picture, if only a few more people wakes up, realise what they are doing, acknowledge their shame and starts to make this world a better place- then thank you for doing so.
Its not just about his musical legacy, witch is strong enough to stand on its own in history. Its about his message of hope, love, making rhings better, caring for people, being forgiving and generous.
We need hope, and we need to forgive. And we need to start making changes.

Michael was so much more than the media, so while the media flips and backflips in being pro and anti-Michael, the true fans don't care. I really consider the true fans to be wonderful people, because we have seen Michael for the ahead-of-his-time, amazing, wonderful, loving, energetic, godlike, pure, sincere man that he is. I think that for people to do that DURING the negative media really shows that people are free to choose what they believe - the fans chose to ignore the brainwashing of the media, and chose to believe with their hearts. That's why I think this woman is too harsh on humanity - there are those (the fans) who are able to see past the lies and connect to Michael on a deep level. Then there are those who blindly follow the media, then there are those who seek to actively hurt and destroy. To those who seek to hurt and destroy, I have no respect. To those who follow the lies of the media like sheep, if they can admit they're wrong, it's a start, but that means that they can no longer flip and backflip like the media. If you make a stand, you gotta stick by it. God I love Michael so much. As great as Mahatma Gandhi, in my opinion. The GOD OF MUSIC, but more importantly the most wonderful human being to ever walk this earth, a gift from Allah/God.

Although I haven't read all of your comments, it just goes to show you that Michael is still accomplishing the purpose he tried to do throughout his lifetime. He always sings about people coming together and forgeting about any differences or hates we may have with one another. What Michael stood for is still being accomplished although he is no longer physically with us. :punk: That is a true victory!

The death and loss of someone usually makes one aware, in a moment of silence it awakens all of us, I accept any symphaty over michael now even after he is gone, I want people to notice the beauty in him...

Sorry but I can't forgive any people out there that brought Michael Jackson down, just because he's dead, everyone feeling the guilt, well tough shit to you all, MJ is dead and you'll have to live with that for the rest of your life.

The reason why some fans are mad is because they know that for most of the "newbie fans" it won't last.
They'll enjoy his music for a time, they'll enjoy the short films and his dancing. One day they will wake up to the media reporting the negative again and being a fan will be a thing of the past.

I'm not saying that all new fans are not true fans. I'm just saying some people are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The last time I heard anybody apologize for the way they trashed Michael was in 2006 or 2007 with Aphrodite Jones. And now, this lady in 2009 did somewhat the same thing. But still it is rare for a former hater to come to the realization that Michael wasn't this terrible person like so many others think and/or say. 99.9 percent of the haters are even at this moment still hanging on to their hate for dear life. They're putting up insults and disgusting statements making fun of Michael and even of his death on sites all over the net where there are videos or news articles pertaining to him. I applaud this woman for writing what she did. Because I don't know when or if I'll ever read something like that again. This woman was able to see beyond the scope of her hate and see the light. That took alot of courage.

Last edited:
The last time I heard anybody apologize for the way they trashed Michael was in 2006 2007 with Aphrodite Jones. And now, this lady in 2009 did somewhat the same thing. But still it is rare for a former hater to come to the realization that Michael wasn't this terrible person the media portrays. 99.9 percent of the haters are even at this moment still hanging on to their hate for dear life. They're putting up insults and disgusting statements making fun of Michael and even of his death on sites all over the net where there are videos or news articles pertaining to him. I applaud this woman for writing that statement. Because I don't know when or if I'll ever read something like that again. This woman was able to see beyoind the scope of her hate and see the light. That took alot of courage.

Exactly. Not everyone has actually come the conclusion yet that Michael Jackson is actually a nice guy. I have seen more people out there these days realising it but there's still someone adding their comments to YouTube videos or comments at the bottom of recent news articles (or even writers of the articles themselves) still sticking to the wrong belief that Michael wished to harm children.

You do have to wonder why people think that way, I mean who would harm children at the same time as donating to charities and singing songs about helping and protecting them? It kinda conflicts with each other. Some people I've just guessed were ignorant to his helping of charities and songs about helping the world.

I really can't wait for the day that those that lied about Michael finally reveal the truth, so that Michael no longer gets treated badly.

it makes me angry: all those persons who threw dirt on Michael are now saying he was a great man. What hypicrits. It would be better if they just shut up.

It's never too late. And some of you Michael Jackson fan better start realizing that it is people like this lady who will help change minds of a lot people who still have an unfavorable view of Michael Jackson.

Grow up and accept the apology. We have a DAMN legacy to protect. And we need all the help we can get.

Kudos... never hold grudges. at least she made the effort to do this.

Back