Would you see TII (the concerts) without Michael on stage?

Would you go and see THIS IS IT concerts without Michael onstage?

• NO!

Votes: 153 61.2%
  • yes I would! Because..

Votes: 37 14.8%
  • I'm 50/50 about this..

Votes: 60 24.0%

• Total voters
You know Ive been thinking alot today about this thread and actually I am shocked how many would black ban the concert if it went ahead. Comments like it would be ''This Is Shit'' are really poor taste.

Im only new here so I guess Im slow on the jive and uptake. But truly you know, think long and hard about this.

It was Michaels work he was proud of and gave him emense pleasure in his last days here on earth.

It is not his fault he died. His only dream was to please his fans and Im sure he would want his fans to see his show and what he had planned. It is not his fault he can be there but he would be there in spirit Im sure.

Just seeing the DVD had me in awe of what was planned!

If they did a tribute show, granted it would have to be done in very good taste, but I tell you I would be there with bells on and would be honoured to see whatever I could of Michaels plans.

Just my opinion.

Deep down I hope no one would want to miss it, really if it went ahead with good reviews.

We have to honour Micheals memory now and show we are there with him.

^^^Exacty. And if anything, it might even be better without Michael, as they may hire a younger guy who will be able to dance faster and maybe more smoother and pull off more of the early moves that Michael did in the past.

what's the point of seeing those shows without Michael? Of course not! Michael was the show I would've went there if he were going to sit on that stage for three hours and just do nothing as well.

Michael could have just 1 spotlight and just that, and you would see genius, it was him.

A tribute concert to be sincere i dont see it, i dont like todays artists, i dont know what's happeninng but i mean you cant compare these times artists to the ones that were the successful ones that made the Freddy Mercury tribute concert.... its highly sad, i dont know what happened to real talent. I refuse to believe there isnt anything real good, so i will say record companies are the guilty ones. i mean who else???? i know media is as well, but they work out what the companies throw up

No.
I never had the chance to see Michael performing while he was alive so now to go to a show without him and to see what we all missed would be very hard..I can't even imagine it.

if the london tribute still happens in june, i think they should use the This is it band and dancers. They are the only people who can play the music how it should sound and dance how it should look!

There's no way I could face seeing TII without Michael. The whole time I'd just be thinking about how it should be Michael and I'd just get upset and angry.

^^^Exacty. And if anything, it might even be better without Michael, as they may hire a younger guy who will be able to dance faster and maybe more smoother and pull off more of the early moves that Michael did in the past.

Huh?:doh:... how can you be so sarcastic? If Im understanding you correctly?

A tribute concert to be sincere i dont see it, i dont like todays artists, i dont know what's happeninng but i mean you cant compare these times artists to the ones that were the successful ones that made the Freddy Mercury tribute concert.... its highly sad, i dont know what happened to real talent.

I havent seen Freddie Mercury's tribute concert, but I can imagine what you are saying......

I wouldnt want that for TII AT ALL!!:no:

If there was a tribute thingo for Michael, I might watch on TV or go to the pub for something like that. But I cant compare something like that for a need to see what Michael had planned for TII.

A tribute concert to be sincere i dont see it, i dont like todays artists, i dont know what's happeninng but i mean you cant compare these times artists to the ones that were the successful ones that made the Freddy Mercury tribute concert.... its highly sad, i dont know what happened to real talent.

I havent seen Freddie Mercury's tribute concert, but I can imagine what you are saying......

I wouldnt want that for TII AT ALL!! :no:

If there was a tribute thingo for Michael, I might watch on TV or go to the pub for something like that. But I cant compare something like that for a need to see what Michael had planned for TII at all. :no:

No.
I never had the chance to see Michael performing while he was alive so now to go to a show without him and to see what we all missed would be very hard..I can't even imagine it.

I didnt really either, Im in Australia. I saw him for about 20 minutes in 1986. But that is the reason why I would like to see more of him now. Or at least what they can present in the memory of him and what he missed out on doing for us.

But as I said above not so much with tribute artists, I couldnt handle that at all, for TII :no:

Michael on the screen and others blended in some way. It would have to be very tasteful.

Something designed around what Michael had planned and in memory of him for the benefit of the fans and what they missed.

Maybe also for the benefit of the ones that worked with him and missed out as well.

Hmm maybe if they plan to use the costumes, props, band, dancers and back-up singers for an official tribute concert than....maybe *shrugs* :(

Darlin he cant be there in person, he'll be there in spirit. BTW I love your signature pic did you make that?.... Your soooo clever! :)

Michael is the music. Michael is the dance. Michael is the energy that bounces corner to corner through the wide walls of a stadium. He is the energy that knows no boundaries. He IS the stage, he IS the show.

Without Michael, there is nothing. I would only see lifeless props, flashing lights..and absolutely no magic...

Darlin he cant be there in person, he'll be there in spirit. BTW I love your signature pic did you make that?.... Your soooo clever! :)

I know he can't be there..... :boohoo Anyway, thaks for your comment, glad you like my siggy :D I didn't make it though, I found it on the internet. I wish it was my idea :)

After watching all the DVD extras, yes, I would like to see the concert with Michael on the huge screen behind, I know it would be difficult and all but it would in a way be Michael's dream come true. The show was too good not to come to life. And it would all just prove how big Michael is, even in death.

I know what you mean, after seeing all the extra features on the dvd.. what Michael's vision was, all the ideas he had, all the things that they were working hard on that were going to be 'firsts', 'never done before' etc.... I think a show of it would be good just for the sake of showing everyone 'these were going to be the best shows ever, they were pioneering, this plus MJ would have been off the chain'. I feel like other artists are going to steal things and get all the praise. Gaga already wore a light up costume on stage after MJ passed. That was cutting edge technology that scientists were working with the TII team on..it had never been done before and mj was going to be the first..you KNOW he wanted to be the first to do everything. I know he is gone now but at least his wish could come true in a way. Only if it was done right of course and was all about Michael, and if the money went to the right place. It could be the right kind of tribute show.

Really I think they should have shown things from the extra footage in the actual 'This Is It' film. 2 people I know who went to the cinema to watch TII were telling me they thought there would be more talking and showing of ideas and the process (like the extras show). I was happy just to watch Michael do his thing, but what they said is a reason I think they should have shown the extra footage in the film too...though the film would have been waaay long. Maybe they should do a documentary and put it on tv.

Yes they are going to have to do something more with it for sure. The movie is limited in what it can show us. We need more. They cant waste it all.

I'm not sure. It would be very interesting to see how the effects and all that stuff would work up but in the end it seems very senseless to me because Michael isn't there and he is the one I want to see singing and dancing. Seeing an impersonator would be...I don't know how to say...boring somehow...

Seeing an impersonator would be...I don't know how to say...boring somehow...

Just want to point out I would NOT want an impersonator or anyone pretending to be Michael. I still stand by what I said before though. If they could put it together in the right way.

i dont see the point...? why so we could see the lights and spectacle and glitter and rhinstones and video screens of this big concert only? the whole point in going to a Michael Jackson concert is to see Michael Jackson the person. why would i want to go to this concert in total and only see the 'materialistic side' of it plus + an impersonator and the dancers?
No...
i'd would have went to see michael whether it was in a small stage setting or huge stage setting...in the street...at a cd signing....wherever. but i would never go simply to see a non michael concert to see ''how it would look''

...on top of that it would never be a michael concert anyway.... without him.

Back