Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but one thing is saying 'I really hate/do not like the song' and other is to say "its all ****ed up/its all ruined/Estate did this all wrong" etc. Well that is my opinion

MJ is more spinning to see the negativity from his own fans towards his songs than from people who worked hard to dare release a futuristic album with originals included.

MJ would probably love the production, the same way he loved to innovate from I Want You Back sound to 2000 Watts sound.

Wow...another rape job Do You Know. What the hell was the estate/sony thinking when they worked on that and APWNN? 2 great gems now ruined.

MJ is spinning in his grave.

The original demos / outtakes are always at your disposal my friend on the deluxe version. Those gems are available in their raw form for you to purchase on itunes and amazon. It's no big deal.

I always thought that that Melvin Bliss - "Synthetic Substitution" sample in Do You Know Where Your Children Are was Michael's idea. So that was added in 2010?

Is is possible that (like LA Reid said) that there are 2 different versions of DYKWYCA? One recorded during the Bad sessions and one for Dangerous. Because vocals in the original are slightly different than on Timbaland's version and 2010 version - especially the line "She only 12 yeras old".

Is it possible that there is newer (Dangerous version) original version that is more similar to 2010 version that samples "Synthetic Substitution"? And that the released one is from the Bad sessions?

The original demos / outtakes are always at your disposal my friend on the deluxe version. Those gems are available in their raw form for you to purchase on itunes and amazon. It's no big deal.

Apparently that's not good enough for some fans around here. :lol:

Ignorance... :doh:

The original demo's of course are the most treasured, but the newly produced versions of these tracks have been outstanding! i honestly didn't expect these contemporized versions to be so good, Michael's art is in full focus.. as well as being introduced through the rhythm's of the 2014 era. Hope it will arrive tomorrow, so ready for this CD!!!

Apparently that's not good enough for some fans around here. :lol:

Ignorance... :doh:

So I've noticed. Then again, that's their problem I guess. I prefer Michael Jackson's music the way he left it the last time he was in the studio. When it was his hand-picked producers and sound engineers in that studio working with him trying to lace together new ideas, melodies and lyrics to create something special. But like I said, different strokes for different folks.

So I've noticed. Then again, that's their problem I guess. I prefer Michael Jackson's music the way he left it the last time he was in the studio. When it was his hand-picked producers and sound engineers in that studio working with him trying to lace together new ideas, melodies and lyrics to create something special. But like I said, different strokes for different folks.

yeah lets release demos sony and you pay for all the production and promotion and make 0 profit awesome idea

Loving You & Chicago are much much better than original versions.
Love Never Felt So Good is also much better than the demo. Obviously.
A Place With No Name, Xscape & Slave To The Rhythm are amazing in both versions but I have to say I prefer the new versions of "Slave" and Xscape, but the original "Place".

Blue Gangsta original version is better than Timbaland's version although his version is not bad.
Do You Know Where Your Children Are is better in its original version and Timbaland's version is not that good.

My opinion on which is better/worse

1. Love Never Felt So Good - Original

I like the new version a lot, but I'm just so attached to the demo.

2. Chicago - XSCAPE Version

The original Chicago is good, but in my opinion the XSCAPE version is incredible.

3. Loving You - XSCAPE Version

While I like to 80s vibe, the piano part in the XSCAPE version is just too great to overlook.

4. A Place with No Name - Original

Stargate did a great job, but I'm not sure if any remix could top the original.

5. Slave to the Rhythm - Original by FAR

I was stunned when I heard the demo. Absolutely amazing. Timbaland did well, however, the demo is no doubt in my favorite Michael songs of all time.

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - Draw

Both versions are great, but I might swing more toward the original, just because it sounds so much rawer.

7. Blue Gangsta - XSCAPE Version

The demo sounds amazing, but I think the XSCAPE version is just phenomenal.

8. Xscape - Original

I really really really love the XSCAPE version, and thought I liked it more than the original until I re-listened to the demo. The demo has an air that just can't be replicated.

Wow...another rape job Do You Know. What the hell was the estate/sony thinking when they worked on that and APWNN? 2 great gems now ruined.

MJ is spinning in his grave.

I haven't listened to the new version of DYKWYCA yet, but Stargate's version of APWNN rocks! It just keeps improving with each listen and I can't get enough of it, I like it much more than the demo.

You don't know how Michael would feel so don't even go there. Your opinion is your opinion. I'm happy with the song but I can't say "Michael would've loved this" as I've no frigging clue what he would've thought. I can only state MY opinion.

My list after the first listen:

1. Slave To The Rhythm
2. Xscape
3. A Place With No Name
4. Chicago
5. Love Never Felt So Good (Duet)
6. Loving You
7. Blue Gangsta
8. Love Never Felt So Good
9. Do You Know Where Your Children Are

I'm back on board. Seriously impressed with Xscape the song. Also proves that my dislike of APWNN and DYKWYCA don't stem from the fact I'm comparing them to the originals.

Love the demos as well.

Thumbs up on the project overall. I'll give it a 7/10

1. Loving You
2. Love Never Felt So Good Solo
3. Xscape
4. Chicago
5. Love Never Felt So Good duet
6. Slave To The Rhythm
7. DYKWYCA
8. Blue Gangsta
9. A Place With No Name

The original Chicago is amazing, wow. I love it more than the new version. The tone is killer !

"Michael never strategized his career in terms of artistic development. He couldn't imagine recording an album for any purpose other than for it to be the biggest and best, ever. He needed to have his work acknowledged in a huge way, or he simply was not going to be satisfied."

The line ''she's only twelve years old now'' in the original version of do you know where your children are does make me think that it could have been recorded during the bad recording sessions! the vocals do differ throughout the song, definitely. Slave To The Rhythm demo is pure magic.

Was Xscape (leaked) the only one original? I've read Blue Gangsta, DYKWYCA (leaked) are very different from the originals.

This release is EPIC!!

This proves once again that even from the grave in 2014 MJ is still, and will forever be, the one and only KING OF POP !!!!

Was Xscape (leaked) the only one original? I've read Blue Gangsta, DYKWYCA (leaked) are very different from the originals.

Xscape is the 2002 original mix that leaked in 2003.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are & Blue Gangsta are the originals (different than the leaked 2010 work in progress mixes for MICHAEL album). Blue Gangsta is very similar to 2010 mix, but still different (and better). DYKWYCA is completely different (no Melvin Bliss - Synthetic Substitution sample and no Steve Lukather guitar riff and solo, there is different (worse) guitar solo and synth riff (also worse).

I haven't listened to the new version of DYKWYCA yet, but Stargate's version of APWNN rocks! It just keeps improving with each listen and I can't get enough of it, I like it much more than the demo.

You don't know how Michael would feel so don't even go there
. Your opinion is your opinion. I'm happy with the song but I can't say "Michael would've loved this" as I've no frigging clue what he would've thought. I can only state MY opinion.

Michael HATED remixes and said so many times in his life. All these songs are, are really bad remixes. The essence of the originals were completely crapped on. You can't tell me by listening to APWNN and DYKWYCA you can hear any of what Michael intended to have that was on the previous versions. It's all been stripped away.

1. Love Never Felt So Good
- John McClain: 8/10
- Timbaland: 10/10
- Original: 9.5/10

2. Chicago
- Original: 6/10

3. Loving You
- Original: 10/10

4. A Place With No Name
- Stargate: 4/10
- Original: 10/10

5. Slave to the Rhythm
- Timbaland: 9.5/10
- Tricky Stewart: 8/10

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
- Timbaland: 4/10
- 2010 Leaked: 10/10

7. Blue Gangsta
- Timbaland: 8/10
- Original: 9/10
- 2010 Leaked: 10/10

8. Xscape
- Rodney Jerkins: 10/10
- Original: 9/10

Some people are much too hard to please, we're getting the original recording's done by Michael Jackson himself. He isn't here to overlook thing's any longer, instead of drawing quick opinions.. fans should be supporting this project.. it sustains Michael's legacy, as well as bringing vibrant/fresh sounds to the table.

The line ''she's only twelve years old now'' in the original version of do you know where your children are does make me think that it could have been recorded during the bad recording sessions! the vocals do differ throughout the song, definitely.
are the vocals different than the 2010 leak?

Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually think I prefer the new Chicago to the original. Both are good in their owns ways.

I always thought that that Melvin Bliss - "Synthetic Substitution" sample in Do You Know Where Your Children Are was Michael's idea. So that was added in 2010?

Is is possible that (like LA Reid said) that there are 2 different versions of DYKWYCA? One recorded during the Bad sessions and one for Dangerous. Because vocals in the original are slightly different than on Timbaland's version and 2010 version - especially the line "She only 12 yeras old".

Is it possible that there is newer (Dangerous version) original version that is more similar to 2010 version that samples "Synthetic Substitution"? And that the released one is from the Bad sessions?

Good question! I have only heard the 2010 mix thus far so that's really interesting

BG is mostly identical to the leaked version, DYKWYCA differs from the leaked 2010 version. A Place Without No Name is the same as the leak, and Xscape is a bit different in that Michael's lyrics are now really audible and there may be more ad-libs, not sure though.

are the vocals different than the 2010 leak?

"she's only twelve years old" line yes. It's hard to tell for other parts. But it may be just different take (same sessions).

Back