Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

^Very good.

Anyway, hasitleaked.com are reporting a full album leak. Anyone can corroborate that?

^Very good.

Anyway, hasitleaked.com are reporting a full album leak. Anyone can corroborate that?

Geez, I really hope not. Someone on another forum says the title track has leaked and to check Tumblr, but I'm assuming it's just the 2002 mix.

It's been made to sound like awesomeness! Timbaland did an amazing job. Too bad you can't hear that. I hope it will be the first single with music video/commercial. First you complain that there is no promo and now you complain that they ARE promoting the new album with the phone?? Decide on which side you are? You contradict yourself. Sound like a troll to me.
Yes, they released a sony mobile advert with focus on the mobile phone itself. The spotlight isn't on MJ plus that advert was uploaded way before the announcement and any buzz that it created has already died down. It's been quiet since the announcement there's nothing going on as in no tracklist, no singles etc and I thought singles shld be released and tracklist revealed by now. I know there's listening parties it doesnt have any impact on the larger audience.

Last edited:

Geez, I really hope not. Someone on another forum says the title track has leaked and to check Tumblr, but I'm assuming it's just the 2002 mix.

Over a month prior to release seems awfully early doesn't it? Had always thought that website was quite reliable though.

Over a month prior to release seems awfully early doesn't it? Had always thought that website was quite reliable though.

I hope not. An official single release wouldn't hurt though!
Just asking: Has an album ever been released earlier than originally planned because of a leak?

My dad just told me about the album, so its still being mentioned on TV here in the States. People are still talking about it

Trying to get in touch with the user who reported the leak...

Yes, it seems way too early.

There's a counterfeit version of the album floating around that's comprised of the previously leaked mixes. Perhaps HasItLeaked is referring to that.

Last edited:

Yes, they released a sony mobile advert with focus on the mobile phone itself. The spotlight isn't on MJ plus that advert was uploaded way before the announcement and any buzz that it created has already died down. It's been quiet since the announcement there's nothing going on as in no tracklist, no singles etc and I thought singles shld be released and tracklist revealed by now. I know there's listening parties it doesnt have any impact on the larger audience.
tumblr_inline_mvah568YGS1qe43il.png

Im confused...

On amazon in the uk its lists 3 versions of AUDIO CD now, it listed 2 last week. (not mp3 download)

1. 8.99 (standard cover)

2. 11.99 (gold cover) (i pre-ordered last week as deluxe version)

3. 13.33 (standard cover)

Which is which?! :mad:

Over here in the bay area California this morning on 102.5 KDON (morning madhouse show) the two DJs played Xscape (same version we have) and referred to it as the original demo so nobody listening was misled to think it was a new updated version. But they had nothing but positive things to say about it and that the album is going to be gooood... The only thing that bugged me is they both agreed that Xscape sounded like it was from 1992...ugh aha

I can't believe how good the reviews are!

I think all the disappointment and anticlimax of 'Michael' just make every part of Xscape sweeter and more faultless!!

Can't wait!!

I don't think that the album leaked, maybe a version with all the demo versions we've heard, bot not the coming release.

No leak YET! just fakes! ;)

I hope we can hear new snippets soon though, or ready any official News..

When I see some people whining over everything I hope they don't release the album at all.
I'm still going to buy the album anyway. i hope for its success, unlike some 'fans' who aren't on forum, trying to stir up controversy to make sure it flops.

How about releasing 8 singles at the same time with 8 different animated 3-D holographic videos, a video game Xscape on Playstation 4 and a trilogy 3-D movie alongside with a tribute promotional concert with hollographic MJ singing 30 never heard before tracks?
something fans can only dream of. sony won't allocate so much budget for album promotion. I'd be satisfy with 2 excellent videos. (behind the mask, hollywood tonite were cheap production. i wonder if they actually spent more than us$1k on each of these videos?)

ooh!!

Aussie fans, jbhifi is selling the deluxe version (softpack) with A POSTER INCLUDED for $24.99!!
Dont mind if I do!!

According to Wikipedia:

Confirmed tracks

"Xscape"[14]
"A Place with No Name"[12]
"Do You Know Where Your Children Are"[11]
"Slave to the Rhythm"[18]
"Chicago (She Was Lovin' Me)"[19]
"Blue Gangsta"[12]
"Love Never Felt So Good"[20]

We should ban the name Wikipedia on MJJC

ooh!!

Aussie fans, jbhifi is selling the deluxe version (softpack) with A POSTER INCLUDED for $24.99!!
Dont mind if I do!!

Also, deluxe edition in a jewel case for 19.99!!!

This is one reason why I wasn't enthusiastic about the album having mostly leaks on it. When media websites find them they're going to act as if the whole album had surfaced and that could really hurt sales numbers.

@Alwaysthere; do you think michael had Bad25 on his radar? I mean I can't find any reason why he would re-record that song.. :p

I'm sure Michael had thought about it, haha :p Hopefully Birchey can chime in a bit more regarding this one because he knows more about it than I.

This is one reason why I wasn't enthusiastic about the album having mostly leaks on it. When media websites find them they're going to act as if the whole album had surfaced and that could really hurt sales numbers.

I'm sure Michael had thought about it, haha :p Hopefully Birchey can chime in a bit more regarding this one because he knows more about it than I.

They should act fast and release the actual single so the radio stations and websites have something to play. If they don't give them something official to play they will keep digging for the leaks.

And about IJCSLY with Beyonce.. did he re-record his vocals or was it just for TII Tour live performance?

They should act fast and release the actual single so the radio stations and websites have something to play. If they don't give them something official to play they will keep digging for the leaks.

And about IJCSLY with Beyonce.. did he re-record his vocals or was it just for TII Tour live performance?

They risk to dig so much that they might play Starlight, Niteline, Trouble, on the radio and claim to be the new songs from the upcoming album. :D

Be patience my friend, the estate, sony and L.a. Reid know what they're doing! It's all part of the suspense.

When the album drops, it won't go without any notice!

hey people stop naming it a mix. its the original song/version/demo.

hey people stop naming it a mix. its the original song/version/demo.

I don't think it's the original demo. It may have been Michaels final mix but even that is unknown.

The user over at HasItLeaked has recanted his claim. I'm hoping the website can change it back to avoid yet more confusion.

There was a lot of media response to the supposed track leak of Xscape, I sure hope they give it as much attention when it really does surface.

SLATE'S CULTURE BLOG APRIL 9 2014
That “New” Michael Jackson Song Isn’t a New Michael Jackson Song
By Forrest Wickman

Less than two weeks after the announcement of Michael Jackson’s posthumous album XSCAPE, the title track supposedly leaked online today. Music blogs like Prefix, Gigwise, and Pretty Much Amazing were among the first to post the “new song” early in the morning, and sites like Vulture and BuzzFeed soon followed their lead, with BuzzFeed calling it “The Best Michael Jackson Song In Forever.” By this afternoon, the “leak” had been posted by nearly every major outlet that’s in the business of posting songs, including the Huffington Post, Entertainment Weekly, Spin, MTV News, the Guardian, and many, many more.

There’s only one problem: It’s not a new song, and it’s not from XSCAPE at all. In fact, the version of “XSCAPE” making headlines today has been around for years.

I was first tipped off to this fact by a commenter on Stereogum—due credit to “ghostschannels”—and it didn’t take much time to verify the claim that this song was not at all new. While “XSCAPE” is an old song, the new album is set to feature “contemporized” production from a group of producers led by Timbaland and including Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, and more. The version making the rounds today, however, appears to be identical to the version that’s been around for years. Here’s a 2010 YouTube video I found of a Jackson impersonator dancing to the track:

I reached out to Epic Records, and the label’s Lauren Ceradini confirmed that the version making the rounds is “not from XSCAPE.” Indeed, the “leaked” version sounds nothing like version included in the official album teaser released at the end of March:

It’s easy to see how a story like this could spread in today’s music media ecosystem, when respected and normally reliable publications often cite music blogs for news about the latest leaks. As I’ve chronicled before, it only takes one such publication picking up a story from a less-reliable source—such as when Variety did a story citing Wikipedia—before everyone else follows suit, citing the Varietys of the world instead of the original source.

We’re all excited about the possibility of “The Best Michael Jackson Song In Forever,” but we’ll have to wait a while longer before we can hear it.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat..._no_the_leak_is_not_the_title_track_from.html

I guess if the above is right, the Estate don't care if people hear the old leaked versions. That's all their fault, apparently.

It is not Estate/Sony's fault if a fan heard a leak. However, it is not a fan's fault the song was able to leak.

Back