Xscape General Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG08ukJPtR8 views have gone up by about 1 million since last hour, it's really doing well on YouTube, Hold My Hand started like this and it had about 60 million views or something to date. Nearly 6 million and it was released two days ago!

It becomes more enjoyable, after a number of times of seeing it! i am getting tired of seeing the same old tape footage though, i would have loved to have seen some unseen footage... maybe from the making of bad.. Michael had that filmed, create a montage from the footage of ijcsly & todo mi amore recording's... just a suggestion anyways, not complaining :p

Last edited:
I apologize if this has been mentioned previously, but I was a little surprised at Charles Thomson's Huffington Post article on Tuesday.

I apologize if this has been mentioned previously, but I was a little surprised at Charles Thomson's Huffington Post article on Tuesday.

He is well known MJ Estate and Sony/Epic hater and a boycotter of new Michael Jackson albums. Didn't read the article but I can guess what he had to say. Not a surprise. He is also a conspiracy theorist (he believes the will was faked...).

Okay, so I played XScape to one of my nonfan co-worker,all of it.The songs that he liked the most, at the point that he was singing along were LNFSG , any version was as good for him , and Chicago.And I was about to go home and took my cd and he said, wait, let me listen one more time to Chicago :)

I think I will buy some more CDs and give them away at work :thinking:

He is well known MJ Estate and Sony/Epic hater and a boycotter of new Michael Jackson albums. Didn't read the article but I can guess what he had to say. Not a surprise. He is also a conspiracy theorist (he believes the will was faked...).

Well apparently, according to him, MJ was not there at the time when the will was made. And also he says that there are some discrepancies with MJ's name in the will - Michael Joe Jackson instead of Michael Joseph Jackson.

I do enjoy the dvd but I agree with others that the opportunity was wasted because it should have been more in-depth. Take time with each song and add extra footage. Should have been a television special for at least 90 minutes.

Any stream links for todays BET Making of Xscape documentary? Please..

No need. It will be the deluxe dvd shown.

BntlfjbIYAAPHtg.jpg

Pez Dann ?@Pezdann 20 h.

#MJXSCAPE Was out heading to a club tonight in my Xscape t-Shirt and saw this as I was walking up the street :) pic.twitter.com/feP1dXF5GY

Are you sure?? How do you know that?

I asked my U.S. friend to tell me what the program description was. It said the producers discuss the making of the cd. The program last 30 minutes.

I did not know that but, I see it now.

I am against a hologram being used however; I will watch it to see if it is done correctly and it is not Navi. Even if done correctly, I do not want to see it used again.

This us where it gets tricky though.

I might want to see it again.

What happens then? :busted::cheeky:

SmoothMJ, I saw the hologram of MJ One. It is not Michael and it does not evoke Michael for me although I know others see this differently.

Am i the only one who starts moving to the beats/rythm of the songs without noticing it? :chillin::chillin:

I'm not trying to flame here. This is my honest opinion;

A lot of the posts before the album, came from people who were complaining/criticising about almost everything. Now the album has been released, has been excellent, and been received well - by press, public, and, more importantly, the fans - the complainers have had most of their reason for posting taken away from them (even the Beiber 'catastrophe' was nipped in the bud nice and early). ;D

We might have less posts. But I am enjoying the positivity of the vast majority of them. Rather than, like before, having to trawl through mountains of negative nonsense.

Long may it continue! :cheeky:

^^You know what I have to agree with you 100%, although it is a sad commentary about the behavior of some humans.

I just checked my Best Buy and they are out of the deluxe and will get more next week. That is good
to me if the delux is selling more. I see they stacked up with more of the regular version.

It is raining right now, so guess who is inside listening to Xscape?

I love this album so much. Seeing Michael Jackson #1 all over the world again is an incredible feeling. Long Live The King!

SmoothMJ, I saw the hologram of MJ One. It is not Michael and it does not evoke Michael for me although I know others see this differently.

Supposedly, according to all reports, this is going to be of different tech, more similar to the Tupac hologram at Coachella, than to the obvious impersonator from the Michael Jackson experience video game, on a flat screen.

Beats per minute (Tempo) Comparision:

1. Love Never Felt So Good
- 2014-Remake: 117 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 121 bpm

2. Chicago
- 2014-Remake: 88 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 82 bpm

3. Loving You
- 2014-Remake: 94,5 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 95 bpm

4. A Place With No Name
- 2014-Remake: 89 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 119 bpm

5. Slave to the Rhythm
- 2014-Remake: 125 bpm

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
- 2014-Remake: 100 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 97 bpm

7. Blue Gangsta
- 2014-Remake: 124 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 124 bpm

8. Xscape
- 2014-Remake: 110 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 104 bpm

Last edited:
^^You know what I have to agree with you 100%, although it is a sad commentary about the behavior of some humans.

I just checked my Best Buy and they are out of the deluxe and will get more next week. That is good
to me if the delux is selling more. I see they stacked up with more of the regular version.

It is raining right now, so guess who is inside listening to Xscape?

Haaaaaaaa!

Supposedly, according to all reports, this is going to be of different tech, more similar to the Tupac hologram at Coachella, than to the obvious impersonator from the Michael Jackson experience video game, on a flat screen.

I am against holograms of deceased persons. I cannot stop it from appearing at Billboard and I am not going to protest against it. I accept and understand the decision Estate/Sony made because something has to be done to make Michael's single standout among the other performers. I do not begin to understand the technology however; I know Michael did not perform STTR so they will use clips of him performing another song(s) and/or use the impersonator. Also, a hologram in and of itself is not interesting and it needs human interaction so someone(s) will be performing with it as it happened at Coachella.

I will watch and hope it has value for Xscape's sake.

BPM (Speed) Comparision:

Please explain this comparison.

Last edited:
I don't know about everyone else, but personally I would have loved if the video of Love Never Felt So Good featured famous people, pop stars, movie starts, directors, those who were a fan of Michael and respected his work, and that the money made from that single would go to charity. I reckoned it would have been a great tribute to Michael, a way of showing that he's still in our hearts, and he still rules! a celebration! Seeing those influenced by him, dancing and singing along to Michael. I reckoned that would have been amazing.

BPM (Speed) Comparision:

1. Love Never Felt So Good
- 2014-Remake: 117 bpm

2. Chicago
- 2014-Remake: 88 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 82 bpm

3. Loving You
- 2014-Remake: 94,5 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 95 bpm

4. A Place With No Name
- 2014-Remake: 89 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 119 bpm

5. Slave to the Rhythm
- 2014-Remake: 125 bpm

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
- 2014-Remake: 100 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 97 bpm

7. Blue Gangsta
- 2014-Remake: 124 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 124 bpm

8. Xscape
- 2014-Remake: 110 bpm
- ORIGINAL: 104 bpm

I am sorry, but I have no idea what this means? Would you explain to a lay person?

I don't know about everyone else, but personally I would have loved if the video of Love Never Felt So Good featured famous people, pop stars, movie starts, directors, those who were a fan of Michael and respected his work, and that the money made from that single would go to charity. I reckoned it would have been a great tribute to Michael, a way of showing that he's still in our hearts, and he still rules! a celebration! Seeing those influenced by him, dancing and singing along to Michael. I reckoned that would have been amazing.

Do you mean having famous people and giving the money to charity would make the video more amazing? Do you mean the people in the current video are not influenced by Michael?

I am sorry, but I have no idea what this means? Would you explain to a lay person?
BPM (beats per minute) is the unit used to describe the tempo of music. A higher number refers to a faster tempo (more beats per minute). MJ5 compared the tempo of the original versions and the remakes. Some of the remakes have a slightly higher tempo than the demos, for instance.

Btw, MJ5, where'd you get the 89 vs 119 BPM for APWNN from? The tempo seems more or less equal. Did you measure one of the two in half time?

Do you mean having famous people and giving the money to charity would make the video more amazing? Do you mean the people in the current video are not influenced by Michael?

I don't think that there is a single person in the world who is not influenced by Michael, he was such a talented man it was hard not to be dazzled by him. The dancers in the video are fine, I see no problem with them, in fact I do like the video, they've done a good job, I just think maybe have a few famous faces pop up in there, just to show their love to him, and their love for the song. I dunno, just a thought I had :)

Back