Your predictions on TGIM single

Awww I am kind of scared to predict because I don't think it will do well :( But I have been promoting it A LOT EVERYWHERE!

Who cares? It's not that big of a deal if it doesn't chart well. Michael has had his fair share of hits. It's not like he needs another one. I don't care much for charts and sales. So it really doesn't prove anything to me if he goes to #1 or not.

I think there's not enough promotion to reach highest positions. But it will chart for sure. It's just because there are techically no remixes of TGIM at all and it's pretty different from the original song. Even that remix is way much better than today's hit music..

I hope WBSS remix will be released as a single.. I found it the biggest possible chart topper of those remixes..

i def. predict it'll chart anywhere in the top 40...hard to say though, cuz music today is a lot different than when that song first came out...but i haven't heard the remix yet, so it'd be hard to tell right now....

Are you kidding yourself? The guy just won a national TV show. Right now he's probably the most popular recording artist in the UK. Next week, not so much. What has Michael done recently to grab the attention of the UK population. The majority would not even know a new Michael Jackson CD is coming out. You'd have to be a forum user to know about it. And if you count up all the members of all the MJ forums on the net, considering the fact that a lot of people visit more than one forum, you get all of about ten to twenty thousand fans. But that's worldwide. There's not worldwide chart. It's done country to country. So there's probably only a couple of thousands fans from each country that know about this CD. That's not enough to get Michael to #1. It's not even enough to chart. I hope some fans aren't expecting Thriller 25 to be MJ's big comeback. Wait until he release his new new album if you want to talk about chart predictions.

oh you soooo underestimate the number of the fanbase...everywhere he goes he's recognized..he's mobbed....

why do people have a problem with underestimating?

he'll hit number 1, on sheer fanbase power. he doesn't need traditional promotion...but a subtle media promotion would be just enough. he is an institution..he does not need what other artists need. people are taken under by the media..they don't realize...it puts their vision in a tunnel. underestimation...such a big thing here...tsk tsk.

The song is released to radio in the UK on Monday and for sale on itunes, then a physical single is released in two weeks.

Hopefully, it will get a lot of airplay, and if Radio 1 puts it on the A-list, then it will go to number one in the charts.

Agree that WBSS should be next. And then For All Time, but doubt this will go to the top of the chart, as it's clearly not from the Thriller sessions and people will just think it's a new song.

Michael needs to comeback with a dance anthem, a funked up disco smash with a cool video.

That will get people's attention.

It's not true that a fanbase alone will get a song to the top of the chart - take Cry for example. And that even had a (crappy) video.

But Thriller is universally loved and the fanbase, combined with people who reminisce about the album (100+ million) and the new generation of fans of will.i.am etc should make this a hit.

Last edited:
Is it released tomorrow? Is it already the 14th? wow, time flies :blink:

However, I can't see it being a huge hit if we don't get more promotion (video, performance and so on), but if it gets some airtime and if the clubs starts playing it then maybe it'll at least get peoples attention.
Like somebody said before, the charting doesn't mean or prove anything for me personally. I like this remix, and I’ll still like it even if it doesn’t chart well.

Buut, yeah, what the heck let’s be optimistic, I think this will be as big as the Say Say Say remix/remake. I don’t think a remix can get much bigger than that anyway.

You can't expect a single with no promotion to chart.

Visionary did amazing in Spain and had no promotion what so ever, there he had like 7 of the top 10 spots or something like that. Even a single off Visionary reached top 10 in the UK and that was a re-release, TGIM will not fail if it makes top 10 in the UK

Also u sayin Leon Jackson has more popularity in the UK than MJ lmao yeah right!

A view in corean Music Charts:
:yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:
Michael Jackson rules!!!
The delux package is NO1 and The girl is mine single is NO 4 in the
preorder catergory.

thanx for this info Xeros from Moonwalkids Korea

Source: MJNO

Last edited:
This song is released to radio on Monday right?
The station playlists for next week have already been decided so it won't get a significant amount of spins until the following week at the earliest. If the first week download sales a poor it may never get playlisted and that'll be the end of the single in terms of sales. It SHOULD have been released to radio weeks ago to give it a chance to get playlisted and gain momentum before the digital release. that is what usually happens and Sony have really cocked the timing up on this one. Also, where are the posters? Where are the magazine/newspaper ads?

will see how this single works...i don't get this idea with Thriller 25 but will see what Michael wants with it!

Who cares? It's not that big of a deal if it doesn't chart well. Michael has had his fair share of hits. It's not like he needs another one. I don't care much for charts and sales. So it really doesn't prove anything to me if he goes to #1 or not.

No you've got it all wrong! If it does good everybody would love him again, if the CD goes #1 too then USA WILL BOW DOWN TO HIM! Nobody would make fun of him, especially my friends, because they make fun of any singer than doesn't get played on radio. If this gets played a lot they have NOTHING on him!! It'd just show them that SOOO many people love him to request!

:)

No you've got it all wrong! If it does good everybody would love him again, if the CD goes #1 too then USA WILL BOW DOWN TO HIM! Nobody would make fun of him, especially my friends, because they make fun of any singer than doesn't get played on radio. If this gets played a lot they have NOTHING on him!! It'd just show them that SOOO many people love him to request!

:)

Just because he has a #1 doesn't mean people will stop making fun of him. Some will stop making fun, but most won't.

Yeah. He pretty much can't do anything to stop people having a go at him. It's pretty sad actually.

As for the person who said I underestimate his fan base. I know he has a lot of fans around the world. But not all of them visit the forums. I think you'd have to visit the forums to know about Thriller 25 and TGIM single.

Yeah. He pretty much can't do anything to stop people having a go at him. It's pretty sad actually.

As for the person who said I underestimate his fan base. I know he has a lot of fans around the world. But not all of them visit the forums. I think you'd have to visit the forums to know about Thriller 25 and TGIM single.

i'm not sure about that...just as fans find ways to find him when he's out, when nobody thinks he can be found....you underestimate how fans can find out info besides the internet...

MJ fans are resourceful...not to mention haters who accuse him of casting a spell...'monarch programmer' and other hater names that out the haters as being buyers of his music...and critics..and closet fans....people have ways that we don't know about..

a lot of majority of fans are to themselves and quiet..and we don't know about them..and they may not want the hassle of dealing with smirks on the faces of naysayers, so they keep to themselves..but they go and buy the music anyway..whether online or not...and, the internet is bigger than we realize, around the world..and waves of fans come and go, and return...and are followed by more waves...so the ten thousands u speak of is a very conservative figure. being the most famous person in the world is obviously big...sometimes we think the world is smaller than it really is...

not to mention the fact that MJ is always underestimated before a project. from the start of his career, to thriller, and beyond...

Last edited:
I think you'd have to visit the forums to know about Thriller 25 and TGIM single.

theres been loads of articles tv segments i nthe usa at least about the re-release

when is the single available to buy in the shops in the UK. it is tomorrow cause ive lost track

theres been loads of articles tv segments i nthe usa at least about the re-release

when is the single available to buy in the shops in the UK. it is tomorrow cause ive lost track

yep...so there are things i can think of, and things i can't think of, about resourceful fans..and sony is backing this, so, they know better than to limit it.....also, it's important to note that MJ is a teaser....he doesn't hit u over the head with his promotion, the way that artists like tpain hit u over the head..so u might miss somn, with MJ, but it's out there
like i said, before...MJ is from the ol skool... he's confident..these artists currently on the radio treat their promotion like they are not confident..so...they overadvertise. and that's what we're used to, today. i notice that in a lot of businesses...the worst selling cars get the biggest flood of advertising, to try the hard sell on u and practically mentally force u to buy that weak product, that isn't as big in sales. one car company didn't even advertise their excursion, cus they were afraid of the environmentalists...and yet i saw thousands of excursions on the roads. they knew the vehicle was selling, so they thought it convenient to not advertise it....now they discontinued the excursion cus they wanted to be environmentally friendly. my point being, that u can have all kinds of turbulence against a product, but if it's a great product it always will sell itself. a lot of MJ stuff sells on word of mouth alone. he said so

In Denmark there hasn't been any talk about Thriller 25. No promotion, no posters or TV aids.

Hopefully there will come something to promote the album.

Otherwise it will not sell very good!

the promos supposed to start around the week of release interms of tv ads etc

does anyone know at what time do itunes add new tracks. is it 12.01 am or later in the day of release?

TGIM is only a few hours away! :)

Listen to the clip of Richard Cheese - The Girl Is Mine on itunes. Hahaha! :)

umm so the thiller edition wont com out as cd? i'm in australia and i dont understand any of this!

can someone please explain it to me?

Some people have been having trouble finding it on itunes. Type in Thriller 25 or The Girl Is Mine 2008 and it should show up.

It will be available on you countries itunes store at midnight

So who has bought the single?

I can't access itunes at work, so I have tried several other places.

Napster doesn't have the single listed.
The download isn't available from the HMV downloads site.
Several other legal download sites don't have it either.

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to download from itunes, which is disappointing.

OK, bought it.

Pretty much exactly the same as the version I had but clearer.

Annoyed that it's not promoted on itunes when Janet's Feedback is.

OK, bought it.

Pretty much exactly the same as the version I had but clearer.

Annoyed that it's not promoted on itunes when Janet's Feedback is.

LOL What where you expecting ?? ??

ALSO has anyone downloaded it anywhere else apart from ITUNES ??

Back