My date was not happy with my collection...

My_HeartBreaker

Proud Member
So after I managed to spill soda all over myself, I had to take my date back to my house so I could change into some new clothes. I figured it was a good time to show him the large collection of my MJ memorbilia' he takes one glimpse into my room (which is *covered* in MJ posters) and says "Now that is obbessive!"
So fine. whatever. -_-
At the end of the night were just talking and I ask him if I bother him or anything and he says "Well except for the MJ obbession your pretty cool, it kind of creeps me out.." :mat:
Earlier he spent hours making me listen to some die hard heavy metal music and when I tried to put on 'Shout', which is the most fast rythem metalish song I know of, he says "I hate this song, next!" and every other song i play for him, MJ or not,
Ah well, he was a terrible kisser anyway :rolleyes2:

Psshhh. In answer to his "I hate this song" I woulda been like "well I hate you, next!"..LOL. well I probably wouldn't be that mean but seriously... you don't like Michael and can't deal with ME liking him... BUH-BYE!

awww haha the last bit made me laugh - its hard for non MJ fans to understand the "obsession" and they can take awile to get used to it/understand it at times and also shout isnt the best song but I do like it just prefer others alot more, everyone has there own opinions and taste when it comes to music
Maybe try a few more dates and his kissing might improve lol

Depends on if you like him. If you like him maybe you should not discuss music for the next dates. Maybe he needs some time to get used to the fact that you are a MJ fan. But hey, if he starts hating on Michael or making jokes about you being fan then the fun would be over for me. I don't know how got to know him, but in case you didn't know him for so long, just forget him then (in case he starts to misbehave).

Ah my girlfriend isn't a big MJ fan and had nothing to do with him before we started going out. She's gotten into some of his songs now though, I got her Number Ones in October so that helped haha! Some people are more willing to let Michael in than others...

So after I managed to spill soda all over myself, I had to take my date back to my house so I could change into some new clothes. I figured it was a good time to show him the large collection of my MJ memorbilia' he takes one glimpse into my room (which is *covered* in MJ posters) and says "Now that is obbessive!"
So fine. whatever. -_-
At the end of the night were just talking and I ask him if I bother him or anything and he says "Well except for the MJ obbession your pretty cool, it kind of creeps me out.." :mat:
Earlier he spent hours making me listen to some die hard heavy metal music and when I tried to put on 'Shout', which is the most fast rythem metalish song I know of, he says "I hate this song, next!" and every other song i play for him, MJ or not,

You go girl, if a girl told me on a first date my collection of mJ figures and posters was ridiculous or obsessive..i'd probably say...'oh really?' well, you know where the door is right? That's exactly where your ass is heading right now. They don't nessecarily have to apreciate or like your collection, but if they have nothing worthy or good to say...stfu, it's that simple.

So again...screw him ;)

Damn! That sux. But I'd say you're better of. If you date a guy, he has to like you for who you are and what you like. He didnt like "SHOUT"??? Thats crazi! anyways...Good luck with the nxt dude...:p Really. Good luck. and if you wanna talk about it again...we're here to tell the guy that he gotta "Bounce"...:lol:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

If he isn't willing to like you for you, then there's no point in seeing this guy. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to lie about your fandom! :D My ex isn't a fan, but loved me anyway :p

Meh, who needs him, there are plenty of others! My ex boyfriend liked his music but never understood why I loved him so much!

OMG, hunnie, this guy isnt for you for sure:D just drop him like a hot potato, you deserve better!!!!!

PS: i got lucky, my Girlfriend loves my collection and allways supported me, and helped me to make my collection grow!!:D shes not michael`s fan but she likes some songs and likes Michael!!!!

Well I know that I could never date anybody who hates Michael...no way.I am married now, my husband is not a fan but he admires Michael and likes his songs. Actually...he finds my love for Mike quite funny and sweet.
But if he had hated MJ we would never be together. No, thank you very much!

Ahh...the tragic "Metal-head" music lover. Most guys i know of that are into hard rock and Heavy Metal, they are pretty stubborn to any other music form out there.

Now this theory may just be my own narrow take on it. I love bands like Metallica, but i'm no metal-head.

Chances are, anything else you throw at this guy, he may not like.

BUT...he still may be a good dude, just not a musical one. At the end of the day though, if you two've been dating for awhile and he still can't deal w/ your MJ fandom....kill it.

Maybe you should have told him, that Mike actually worked with Slash and Edward van Halen...
Most guys I know, find that very impressive...but anyway. I don´t think that the taste of music is very important for a relationship - but respecting the interests of one another is!

Good luck with the next guy! :)

Ahh...the tragic "Metal-head" music lover. Most guys i know of that are into hard rock and Heavy Metal, they are pretty stubborn to any other music form out there.
That gave me a good laugh. He rolled is eyes at me when he found the MJ pic in my wallet, :hysterical: as well as when I smooched it. I could care less if he didnt like Mike, but if I walked into his room and found nothing but marilyn manson posters - wouldn't care at all! Rock on dude! :punk:

Im gonna invite him over on tuesday, and if he disses my room hard style is ass is out! :clapping:

^^^Go on, girl!!!

Well, if he's got Manson all over his walls...I guess you could rule out the androgynous quality that Michael has in his features. Sounds like this dude is just a close-minded nerd. I think you could pry him into liking Michael with some time and effort!

Girl, you have nothing to worry about LOL When it comes to MJ some guys get jealous or mad or whatever. I was a friend with my ex boyfriend. I never wanted to let him go because I thought we perfectly understand each other. It was always nice to say hello to each other sometimes etc . Last summer I told him that I Michael’s death was shocking for me and I send him a msg. He lives in another country. After that he never got back to me LOL. I do not really care, but… that’s what it is . I am not going to ask him anything but I have a feeling that my interest in Michael is not something he can easy to deal with LOL. It is just funny to me… .

I am glad of what you did. It kind of reminds me of how my aunt is with Elvis. She is a big Elvis fan and she has been married to the same guy since the late 60s. And I don't think he could ever understand his wife's love for Elvis. Like I remember this one time many years ago at Thanksgiving. She was showing everyone her heart shaped locket. Inside of that locket she had a picture of Elvis in it instead of her husband. Her husband did not like that but I guess he just had to deal with it.

I could never date a guy who didn't like Michael Jackson. If that guy doesn't understand my love for Michael. Then it is totally over for the 2 of us. I want a guy who loves Michael just as much or almost as much as I do. Again I am really glad of what you did. Maybe you should have played for him Beat It or Give In To Me.

Good luck with trying to change this guy into a mike fan! lol It is offten so hard for people to understand at times, but if hes worth it he'll understand you soon enough!

My boyfriend actually ditched me after he saw my Michael filled bedroom, said '' your just to weird for me!''. I was kind of glad he did actually. He obviously wasnt right for me and he saved me the job of ditching him! lol
I only got really angry when he started spreading round school about how much im 'obsessed' with mike and all these lies about it. Making me out to be crazy. But there is decent guys, my ex-boyfriend who has been one of my closest friend for years, but never a MJ fan punched him for it. I dont like violence but got alot of satisfaction in that! he he

Your thread is interesting...

For me, it's more important that a girl understands the 'why' I love Michael. I can see how some people would be thrown off by a room full of memorabilia if they aren't the type to idolize someone. But if he/she is mean/prejudiced to Michael, then I would have problems. The person doesn't have to love Michael the way we do, but be open to him....then it's just a matter of time before they love him too! :cheeky:

Also, I used to joke that my 'most important question' to have a girl answer would be 'What do you think of Michael Jackson?'....It's obviously really important to us, but I think it also tells you about them in interesting ways. Now I would want to know 'What did you think of MJ before June 2009?' because I think now its much more 'cool' and acceptable to like him.

I swear I could never date a guy who hates on Michael or his music. It wouldn't work.
He's my life. And to me, Michael is worth more than any other guy in this world. Michael is the best

So fine. whatever. -_-

Psh, no respect at all. I hate when people think it's "obsessive" to have memorbilia and collections of someone they admire or look up to, especially when they're as big as Michael Jackson. My current boyfriend has his own style of music and his own opinion on Michael. He's "neutral" with Michael and keeps any comments to himself. He respects my admiration for Michael and even asks questions and stuff. Michael is apart of your life and if other people who come into it can't respect that, then NEXT!

:laugh: hehe...niiice.

Back