Akon releases Tribute to MJ - Cry Out For Joy

Okay, that put a lump in my throat.:(

No matter if I enjoy his voice or not, I truly believe the song was heartfelt, sincere, and showed much love for Michael from Akon.

Michael touched so many, from all walks of life, and all types of music. Akon did this in his way, and I appreciate him for doing it.

I appreciate him for doing this too. I wouldnt be surprised if he does another one. Lol!
But I like it. The lyrics are point on. His MJ experience can be heard thru those lyrics.

Also, the drums and piano are just right for the song.

BTW, not that it matters but I'm not an Akon fan either.

It's amazing to me how touching and truthful his tribute to Michael is and yet the first thing to come out of some mouths is negativity.

I wonder why, but I guess it's just that human nature as Michael says.

Respect to Akon for this song. It is beautiful.

I'd love to see more people do something as positive rather than bashing others tributes to a fallen friend.

I am so NOT an Akon fan. I actually didn't like that MJ chose to work with these "fly by night" popular producers of the day. I mean he had no choice really, he had to make his music appealing to the younger generation of listeners. But honestly, I had always hoped he'd be able to find a happy medium, just getting with one quality producer and working with him (or her) to get a really great sounding album like he did with Quincy and Teddy Riley.

:48 seconds into it and I had to shut that down. That is probably THE most annoying voice I've ever heard in my life. I mean yay for the tribute and all, but I can't listen to it.. I think my ears might fall off or something.

I don't think Michael worked with those types of people simply because he wanted to appeal to a younger generation, I think he genuinely enjoyed some of the new music out there and he constantly wanted to try and reinvent and create something new and original. You naturally try and grow with the times. If you never evolve, you become less interesting.

Having said that, I don't like Akon either, haha. As a friend of MJ's though, nice of him to release a tribute.

I think it is nice from Akon to do this
I dont like his voice but I respect his work and I think his lyrics are very humble
thanks for sharing

I liked this song. I'm a big Akon fan and I think it's great that Akon had enough respect to release a song about MJ. They were great friends, and I hope he releases this song to radio so the world can hear it. It brought tears to my eyes...just fantastic.

I am so NOT an Akon fan. I actually didn't like that MJ chose to work with these "fly by night" popular producers of the day. I mean he had no choice really, he had to make his music appealing to the younger generation of listeners.

Diff. strokes for diff. folks. With that said, Akon isn't exactly a "fly by night" artist/producer. He was actually an original member of the group "The Fugees" (with Praz, Wyclef Jean, and Lauryn Hill). Making his music appealing to younger audiences isn't something he had to do. It's what he's always done. He was always up on the newest styles of music. He listened to just about everything. He reached out to many acts who casual listeners probably thought (at the time) were "fly-by-night", including Teddy Riley, R. Kelly, Rodney Jerkins, Robin Thicke, Dallas Austin, etc.

this is a guy mj CHOSE to work w/. obviously liked his voice or he would've have. obviously liked the man or again, he wouldn't have and instead of appreciating his words, people are bashing.

yet u ask where this celeb is and what this celeb said. this dude got into a studio and made a song for his friend and idol.

Thank you hun.. thank you for your words! :punk:

Not a big fan of Akon's music or his voice but he won my respect for the respectful things he's said about Michael. The lyrics are great, the music I don't really dig but I love the lyrics. Had me tearing up a bit..

I like it better than The Game's tribute.

Originally Posted by Soso Deaf
this is a guy mj CHOSE to work w/. obviously liked his voice or he would've have. obviously liked the man or again, he wouldn't have and instead of appreciating his words, people are bashing.

yet u ask where this celeb is and what this celeb said. this dude got into a studio and made a song for his friend and idol.

Agree!

I dont care with his voice or whatever...We have to be happy with ppl like Akon that really love and respect Michael.
Thanks for posting!I'm very proud as MJ's fan!Thank you,Akon!

I'm not really an Akon fan but he has some nice songs...
actually made me a lil' teary eyed
like the lyrics :)

"One word for the media, please help the people see the love
Stop this garbage..? , show him for he really was
Remember there was more to come, remember he's the chosen one...... "
:(

Last edited:
I can't see a problem with someone releasing a tribute song to Michael, it's a good tune, lyrics are a bit cheesy, but why are some of you bashing Akon, he was a dear of Michael's and Michael enjoyed Akon's music.

I'm thankful for anyone who speaks the truth loud and proud. Us fans need to stick together :)
lovely tribute to MJ.

I can't say I think it's a very good song, but I appreciate the sentiment.
I've never been a fan of Akon, but I'm addicted to Hold My Hand!!

did you hear the lyrics? at all? I don't know what u heard but it was the truth, asking the media to tell the truth.

"I wish they witnessed how a wonderful dad you were to all your kids",

"IN this life time I wanna thank you, for showing me the man in the mirror"

"IN this life time I wanna thank you, You motivated the whole world to deliver"

"one word for the media, please help the ppl. see the love, stop this garbage you're feeding us, show him for who he really was."

"remember there was more to come, remember he's the chosen one, remember him for what he's done."

Now if this is not from the heart and soul...and great tribute to a friend, i dont know what is.:mello:

Thank you for posting that bit of lyrics... do you have ALL the lyrics to this awesome song?

I want to do something with the lyrics (post it up as a scroller on my web page) as well as send them to family and friends.

sorry but i have to say this, by all means have your say, but dont respect someone showing there love to the man they PERSONALLY knew! It hurts when you people do this, its just like what the media do and continue to do to Michael!

STOP IT NOW ! and give him the respect he is giving to Michael his friend!

Terry

The Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKc4jQ0DekM
The Lyrics:
You will, be missed, by all your fans
I cleared, my fears, but this' so hard to withstand
If I had the power to change one thing, it'a bring you back today
But life's not promissed and that won't change, im'a meet you there some day

In this lifetime I wonna thank you, for showing me the man in the mirror
In this lifetime I wonna thank you, you motivated the world to deliver
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
There's so much joy in our heart

Oh I wish, the world could see you the way I did
And I wish, they witnessed how a wonderful dad you were to all your kids
And I noticed it didn't stop there, save your children was one of your goals
Just donated all of your millions, so they could one day rule the world

We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy

One word for the media, people see the love
Stop this carbbage , show him
Remember there was more to come, remember he's the chosen one
Remember, remember what he's done

We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy
We cry out of joy

I don't really understand the negativity towards Akon. I'm not a great fan of his but doing this song shows how loyal and wonderful he was to Michael. And with all the people that are negative about Michael, and knowing how much 'we' as Michael's fans hate it, why would 'we' then disrespect someone who has done nothing wrong?

The lyrics are lovely, they are heartfelt and speaking the truth, and it's catchy too (what Akon does best) so you never know, it could be a hit, and show all the people that may slate Michael but like Akon, what Michael really was...well, we can hope.

I made an MP3 of the song from the youtube video (I'm still waiting for a better version to emerge because the sound is not that good from this one) and have been listening to it so much since the other day when it was posted on the board. The more I listen to it, the more I love it because Akon sounds so emotional while singing it. I sooooo hope it gets released as a single.

MichaelJacksonOne- Thank you for typing out those lyrics!! I am going to change a few things because I heard different lyrics:

You will, be missed, by all your fans
I clenched, my fists, but this' so hard to withstand
If I had the power to change one thing, I'd bring you back today
But life's not promissed and that won't change, im'a meet you there some day

In this lifetime I wonna thank you, you motivated the whole world to deliver
We cry out of joy (for you)

Oh I wish, the world could see you the way I did
And I wish, they witnessed how a wonderful dad you were to all your kids
And I noticed it didn't stop there, saving children was one of your goals
Just donating all of your millions, so they could one day rule the world

One word for the media, please help the people see the love
Stop this garbage you're feeding us, show him for what he really was
Remember there was more to come, remember he's the chosen one
Remember he's the wisest one, remember him for what he's done
Remember him for what he's done, remember him for what he's done

Rest in peace and harmony, Michael. I love you, man.

I liked it a lot :) But in my opinion the best tribute song I've heard was from The Game with "Better On The Other Side". That song moved me more than Akons one. The Game locked it down in the studio completing the lyrics and tune, complete with video including the fans in LA, AND still had time to have a tattoo done of MJ on his right arm! ALL WITHIN 15 HOURS AFTER MICHAEL'S DEATH!!! That was a purely raw emotional ride when his feelings were at their biggest.

Back