American Idol - Season 9

ha ha..love American Idol...Randy totally cracked me up tonight.....he is very funny.....this is going to be an interesting season...I have not seen the person that i think will win yet...usually ya see a few and ya say...I think they will make it till the end..I guess I will have to wait for more talent...:)

Skii Bo Ski :rofl: (sorry I know I'm behind :p)

*Pants on the ground was great!!! Pants on the ground pants on the ground looking like a fool with your pants on the ground :girl_karaoke: Kara starting already to annoy me..

Last edited:
I'm really not feeling the show this year. :( I'm getting so tired of the "stupid" auditions. They were funny the first two seasons, but now they're just annoying. Although, I did love "Pants on the Ground" guy. :D He seems like such a sweet guy.

The only person who's caught my attention is John Park, the Korean guy. He's quite good....and very cute. ;) I had to LOL at Shania Twain. She couldn't contain herself over him!! :laugh: I thought it was hilarious when Shania said that he "had a nice head." :blush: Shania was a great guest judge! Anyway, I would love to see an Asian male on the show this year in the top 12!! There has never been one, and that's sad.

Kara has annoyed me from day 1.

When is Ellen coming on?

I was watching Ellen's show the other day, and she said she'll be on the Hollywood round. Ellen said that they're taping them now. The Hollywood round is in a few weeks, so we'll be seeing Ellen soon. :) I'm actually looking forward to seeing how she'll do.

And I agree about Kara....they should have kept Paula!! :cry:

I can't wait to see Ellen! I love Ellen. haha. Kara is seriously getting on my nerves (again). I didn't like her from the start.

The auditions have been interesting this year. One guy had to be put in cuffs! :eek:

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Lookin' like a FOOL with your pants on the ground."

I'm not feeling it so much either. Hell, I keep forgetting its coming on. Lol!
Back in the day, I never missed it.
Remember those days when the speculations would start about MJ making an AI appearance?
I remember hoping it would actually happen!
*sigh*

A few weeks til Ellen. Well ok. I'll hang in there til she shows up.
I like her. She has such a witty sense of humor.

tonight's episode was kinda boring although i did enjoy victoria beckham

I know it was mean, but I had to laugh when Simon said that one girl looked like a "Human Orange". :lol: She was really tan, and had on a bright orange dress.

I also found that really smug guy, Kenny, who sang the Mary J. Blige song, very funny. When he sang "Go Go Go" as he was walking out of the audition room, I was rolling. :rofl:

Did you guys see the one with Katy Perry? I'm not a fan of her and I'm not a big fan of Kara either but I really wanted to slap Katy for what she said to Kara, "If you don't stop, I'm going to throw this coke on your face..." Now she might have said that for fun, but I really thought she meant it. The smirk on her face, ohhh, how I would have loved to erase that with my fist!!

Did you guys see the one with Katy Perry? I'm not a fan of her and I'm not a big fan of Kara either but I really wanted to slap Katy for what she said to Kara, "If you don't stop, I'm going to throw this coke on your face..." Now she might have said that for fun, but I really thought she meant it. The smirk on her face, ohhh, how I would have loved to erase that with my fist!!

Yes, I agree...very rude on Katy's part. There seemed to be a lot of bitterness between them. I wonder why?

'Idol' producers want Howard Stern to replace Cowell

Last Updated: 11:13 AM, February 5, 2010
Posted: 12:24 AM, February 5, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/ido...rd_stern_YUKlMlwQkfqa7EgK1nvRaN#ixzz0egIdw79f

"American Idol" producers are eager to hire Howard Stern to replace Simon Cowell as the show's tough-talking judge, sources tell Page Six.

An insider said that producers of the hit Fox show say Stern, America's highest-paid radio personality, is their top choice to take over from Cowell, who leaves at the end of this season. They approached the King of All Media after he repeatedly mentioned on-air that his exclusive Sirius XM Radio deal expires next January and he was open to other offers. Cowell was paid $50 million a year.

A source connected to "Idol" said, "It's one of the few shows that could compete with Stern's $100 million-a-year Sirius contract, and 'Idol' bosses think he'd be even nastier than Simon.

"They know he would be great TV and would clash with the other judges such as Ellen DeGeneres and the contestants. 'Idol' will do what it takes to sign him."

But a second source told us Stern hasn't made the "Idol" talks easy, and has been giving out mixed messages about his intentions.

"Despite what he's been saying on-air, Howard isn't ready to leave radio and would like to stay on at Sirius," the source said. "We believe this is a ploy to make Sirius pay up and keep him on his huge contract. But if Sirius can't pay him the money he wants, he may negotiate to film 'Idol' on the side."

Stern is also believed to be reluctant to commit to a show that would require him to tour the US as a judge and spend much of the year in Los Angeles.

He recently said, somewhat cryptically, "I was approached by a major TV network to take over a TV show and leave here and do that next year -- and I did turn it down . . . I'm not even sure if I want to be working. I'm waiting to see what happens."

Calls to Stern's agent and producer were not returned. A rep for FOX declined to comment.

both him and Abdul have quit after MJ's death. they both said they love MJ, and Cowell said he was trying to look for the next 'young' Michael Jackson, and that was the purpose of his idol shows. i'm not saying there is a connection, but i wonder if they lost the inspiration to continue...
Wow, really. Funny because I was thinking what if Michael had been discovered by a reality show like the Idols. Could you imagine young 18-20 year old Michael coming and auditioning to the judges. "Hi I'm Michael and I'm gonna sing my own song Blues Away" :D
I don't know if I'm getting old or if the singers just get worse every year because I had to turn down the volume on my TV when I couldn't stand the weird noises coming from these people that call themselves "singers." Whatever happened to real singing instead of yelling as loud as you can and calling that singing?
You are not the only one. Some folks think they need to sing like Whitney or Mariah hitting high C all the time when singing something like The Beatles Yesterday. :smilerolleyes:
Simon: "You seem like a 3 year old girl dressed like LaToya Jackson". OMG! LOL! Oh no!
Why is it that almost all of those who say their biggest inspiration is MJ turn out to be horrible. It's embarrassing.

'Idol' producers want Howard Stern to replace Cowell

sounds like a joke to get attention by him. plus Howard doesn't like L.A. i think he once said the movie studios should be moved to new york, he can't stand anywhere but New york it seems. i dont see it happening, he'd have no problem insulting people, but i dont see him sitting there being happy and encouraging to the good singers either as the show gets on. but, interesting to not pick someone 'British and mean' though, which seems to be the deal with every American reality show now where to be mean...you have to be British. weird. i think american idol has ran its course, simon's new show may be the new thing.

Should be interesting... This season is definatley strange

Back