Any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

• no

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 101 82.8%

• Total voters
Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

I so agree

Especially since I am still trying to get over this depression I am still very much in over Michael. And my mother just doesn't want to get or understands why I am the way I am now. I practically have all the symptoms of depression. And she just doesn't want to get why I am the way I am now. There have been a couple of times where she has angrily told me to get over it. And I just can't seem to get over it. How can I get over someone that I had spent nearly my entire life loving. I still don't even dare tell her about my 3 suicide attempts. Though there were quite a few times where I almost did wanted tell her. But what is the point when I am just so sick and tired enough as it is. Of always telling her it is all because of what had happen last year is why I am like this now. And before June 25th 2009 I never not even once had a reason to feel depressed. :(

Awww :hug:
I'm sorry to hear that your mom doesn't understand you! And I know it's even harder when someone that close to us doesn't get what we are going through. But, please, don't try to harm yourself in any way anymore. Just think that Michael wouldn't want that. He would want us to keep on smiling ("Smile, though your heart is aching..."...boy, that song always makes me feel good), live our lives the best we can and try helping others as much as we can.

thrillerchild and sweet princess, :hug:

My depression comes in waves but the main thing for me is my anxiety :( I'm in a depressive dip a the moment through a lot of person stuff happening and it just gets to the point where you just wanna leave. I have in the past created little scars just for the hell of it so I have something else to concentrate on. I know I shouldn't do it but I sometimes catch myself off guard by just scratching an itchy spot but I sometimes continue just to leave a scar to pick at (graphic I know but that's how it is for me). This is the first time I've publically admitted this on a forum. I become withdrawn a lot sitting alone in my room watching tv or like last night standing in my garden alone in the rain (any weather really I don't care).

awwwwwwwww,hugs to you my dear. I know how you feel, I've been so stressed over my mother not helping with my siblings..Sometimes I just wish she would leave me alone.

I deal with bouts of depression and anxiety. In recent years, I've been able to keep it under control. But in June, I my grandma passed away suddenly and it totally devastated me. Over the past 3 months, it's been very hard. I had distractions to keep me occupied, like work. But in mid August, the work has stopped. I am on the job search again. Since I am not employed at the moment, all these motions of grief have hit me. On top of losing my grandma, I'm frustrated with my current situation in life. I have a college degree that has failed me. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in college over 4 years ago. I've only managed to get a couple of temporary jobs, but I am really looking for something more permanent. This economy has not helped at all. I always intended to go back to get additional education because I did have other aspirations, careerwise. But life had other plans for me. I've been doing everything to overcome these obstacles that life throws at me. It seems like it never ends. I do my best to stay positive, but it is very difficult to stay that way after so many disappointments.

I deal with bouts of depression and anxiety. In recent years, I've been able to keep it under control. But in June, I my grandma passed away suddenly and it totally devastated me. Over the past 3 months, it's been very hard. I had distractions to keep me occupied, like work. But in mid August, the work has stopped. I am on the job search again. Since I am not employed at the moment, all these motions of grief have hit me. On top of losing my grandma, I'm frustrated with my current situation in life. I have a college degree that has failed me. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in college over 4 years ago. I've only managed to get a couple of temporary jobs, but I am really looking for something more permanent. This economy has not helped at all. I always intended to go back to get additional education because I did have other aspirations, careerwise. But life had other plans for me. I've been doing everything to overcome these obstacles that life throws at me. It seems like it never ends. I do my best to stay positive, but it is very difficult to stay that way after so many disappointments.

I'm sorry to hear things have not been going so well for you. I know that it can be very hard to keep positive if life keeps kicking you in the teeth. But know this too shall pass. x

*Bump!*
Just made my first appointment with a therapist... Ah well, let's see where we go from there. Still not sure it will help, but perhaps I can learn how to deal with the pain better. Keeps coming with ups and downs... Hopefully I'll only need a few sessions to feel better...
Hugs for everyone here! :group:

^ I hope all goes well and works out for you.. :hug:

That goes to anyone else in here that suffers... :(

*Bump!*
Just made my first appointment with a therapist... Ah well, let's see where we go from there. Still not sure it will help, but perhaps I can learn how to deal with the pain better. Keeps coming with ups and downs... Hopefully I'll only need a few sessions to feel better...

Wishing you the very best with that! Very proud of you for setting it up. Hugs and love.

*Bump!*

:huggy:

*Bump!*

I really wish you the best with your counselling :better: It's not easy living with anxiety or depression... And it's challenging to be "cured" from it... But like you said, as long as you're able to manage the pain better, things should only go uphill from here :)

guys i don't know what i got. unlike many of you . to me it's always been about me and my love for michael as something that doesn't fit the world. my mom never understood me on this side. she's a sort of a control freak that labels all my reactions as either bad or strange or some other way ...and overall she's been pretty much always a source of pain for me. in her eyes i'm the most evil person in the world. and sometimes what she says gets me. i also live quite isolated ..and except my parents and my son who is very little i have almost no contact with ppl ..and it's driving me nuts ...mistakes i did and michael's dissapearing .....sometimes it's so hard ...hope there's a shrink in this thread ...if anyone wanna hear me out i'll be glad ....if not it's okay ..i got used to keeping it all to myself

guys i don't know what i got. unlike many of you . to me it's always been about me and my love for michael as something that doesn't fit the world. my mom never understood me on this side. she's a sort of a control freak that labels all my reactions as either bad or strange or some other way ...and overall she's been pretty much always a source of pain for me. in her eyes i'm the most evil person in the world. and sometimes what she says gets me. i also live quite isolated ..and except my parents and my son who is very little i have almost no contact with ppl ..and it's driving me nuts ...mistakes i did and michael's dissapearing .....sometimes it's so hard ...hope there's a shrink in this thread ...if anyone wanna hear me out i'll be glad ....if not it's okay ..i got used to keeping it all to myself

Interestingly enough, I have the exact sort of relationship with my mother, and I'm pretty isolated too. I'd love to hear you out. I'm not a shrink, but I've got pretty much the same qualifications to hear people out (meaning none.) Do you have messenger, if so PM it to me.

I've had some strong depressive moments months ago.I was all day in home, closed in my room.I've had even times when I began to doubt the meaning of my existence and I was so tired of everything that I was planning of.. you know :(.
The end for me was when I realised something.. it was like a second it all came to me.. like a flash. I needed some big change and I had to become the person I really I am and I should not repress my emotions.3 months later.I have lost 39.6 pounds and I have became dancer of my own style, vegetarian and training my singing abilities.Some people can't recognise me.But again.. the depression still visits me.. Even today I have a moments where I lose all of my energy and like start suffer again because of no reason.I'm scared I will go in depression again, but I'm trying my best to stay calm.My biggest problem is that I'm very lonely and quit person.I love to sing and write stories but I can't seem to share with someone.I feel lost sometimes.:(

I don't know if I have depression.
I am a very shy and quiet girl.. always alone.. I don't have friends who I can hang around in real life everyday. I love myself as person and proud of who I am. I don't really take school seriously, because I don't have energy to think about it.. My family, especially my brother is worried about me, because of I don't take school seriously. I'm trying but it's hard.. I think a lot about things. I may 99% have a disease.. Sometimes I get happy, when I'm with people.. other times I am very sad when I'm alone.. the people I know in real life don't really understand me, and I don't have anybody. I also get bullied very bad.. more than ever.. I got called big nose everyday in school.
I just really want a loyal friend. From my country .. a person who live near me and that I sees everyday but no. I don't have anyone, and it's hard to make true friends. So I just keep talking to someone here for hope to talk to someone.. I try and try to talk to someone here, but it always fails :(

Most of all: I don't really think about it if I have depression .. what do you think ehh?

Last edited:

I don't know if I have depression.
I am a very shy and quiet girl.. always alone.. I don't have friends who I can hang around in real life everyday. I love myself as person and proud of who I am. I don't really take school seriously, because I don't have energy to think about it.. My family, especially my brother is worried about me, because of I don't take school seriously. I'm trying but it's hard.. I think a lot about things. I may 99% have a disease.. Sometimes I get happy, when I'm with people.. other times I am very sad when I'm alone.. the people I know in real life don't really understand me, and I don't have anybody. I also get bullied very bad.. more than ever.. I got called big nose everyday in school.
I just really want a loyal friend. From my country .. a person who live near me and that I sees everyday but no. I don't have anyone, and it's hard to make true friends. So I just keep talking to someone here for hope to talk to someone.. I try and try to talk to someone here, but it always fails :(

Most of all: I don't really think about it if I have depression .. what do you think ehh?
Swetee.. when you'r just different from others, that doesn't make you depressed.You say you like yourself - that's amazing and you should keep that way.The love for yourself is not something you can find in depressive conditions.I myself deeply understand how you feel about the people in your life.I'm the same and I learn to deal with it.The most important thing is to love ourselfs and be friends with ourselfs and don't wait for others to apreciate us.I'm sure some day you will find friends and people you will love you and see your true nature.I don't believe that there is a "desease".For me its strongly individual and every problem is different for different people.Don't think about yourself as an ill person.Think about yourself as a chosen from God to be that way.. to be different.

Thank you. I wasn't really sure.
Everybody is different..

Welcome. Hugs!
group.gif

And again... remember, don't wait for people to understand you... its very painfull and I've suffered from this a lot.In the end - some people are very limitated, they can't feel the things the way we do and for them Its impossible to see beyong.Till your happy with yourself, everything is fine.Just never lose hope in your own power and potential.

I don't really wait for someone to understand me, as I did before.
No one can really understand a person than themself.

I've had some strong depressive moments months ago.I was all day in home, closed in my room.I've had even times when I began to doubt the meaning of my existence and I was so tired of everything that I was planning of.. you know :(.
The end for me was when I realised something.. it was like a second it all came to me.. like a flash. I needed some big change and I had to become the person I really I am and I should not repress my emotions.3 months later.I have lost 39.6 pounds and I have became dancer of my own style, vegetarian and training my singing abilities.Some people can't recognise me.But again.. the depression still visits me.. Even today I have a moments where I lose all of my energy and like start suffer again because of no reason.I'm scared I will go in depression again, but I'm trying my best to stay calm.My biggest problem is that I'm very lonely and quit person.I love to sing and write stories but I can't seem to share with someone.I feel lost sometimes.:(

I haven't seen this until now.
You are not alone. I am like that too. I am always home. Close myself in my room and on internet. I do also dance and singing, but I haven't did this in 3-4 months now.. don't know why. I am very lonely, quit and shy person too... But yeah yeah forget about me, you just have to know that you are not alone, and I feel that way too.
I am very sorry you feel this way. But try to be positive.. I know it may be very hard..
You can talk to me anytime if you want. I am always ready. :huggy: :heart:

P.S I DO have a disease. But it's another case, so just forget it :)

hugs to everyone. I start my therapy on Wed. I'll let you all know how I get on.
Hope everyone is having a good day today.

I have been going to counseling and it helps sooo much. Along with my medications, it's helping little by little.

I'm glad it has helped you. I hope it does the same for me. Hugs to you x

Today I had a bad/depressed day and I decided with certainty that tomorrow I'm gonna call a therapist to meet with tomorrow to supplement my psychiatrist visits. Just having a little bit of a hard time right now and I need someone to talk it out with.

Thinking of you all -- keep the faith. :heart:

Today I had a bad/depressed day and I decided with certainty that tomorrow I'm gonna call a therapist to meet with tomorrow to supplement my psychiatrist visits. Just having a little bit of a hard time right now and I need someone to talk it out with.

I feel the same today... :( Thinking of you Janine! Take care! :group: :heart:

hugs to you and good luck with therapy, I started mine yesterday and I think I will find it very useful/helpful.
PM me anytime x

Thanks guys! You are the best!

Does anyone else have problems with their mom?

Back