BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

Re: BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

They said that they don't have this July 16 concert on U-matic tape if I remember right. Only vhs. They might have other Wembley concerts on U-matic but they don't have multitrack audio for them. They only have multitrack audio that matches with the concert they have on vhs.

Theoreticaly speaking it would be possible for Sony to have the Wembley in HD but not wanting to release it... right now. It would be much more profitable - speaking of income - to just release this quality on DVD now and saying this is the best we came up with. And later, when they will have magicaly found the film, release it on BR.

One truth, all bad concerts are recorded with U-matic tape... and they have those tapes...
If you would give a reason or proof for your claims it would make this a lot easier for all in this discussion. but just you saying so doesnt make it true. You have no way to know that they have those tapes. We have good reason to believe they are not in possession. You haven't done your homework on the fate of most U-matic tapes from that era. Not just Michaels .. and Sony was not in possesion of his tapes. He was the one that had them stored.
They just don't want to release bad concert in HD...! what they explained why not release those U-matic tapes were only excuse..
Again you are speculating and it serves no good purpose for them business wise not to release a HQ .. Give a reason why they wouldn't ? Something that makes sense but not just becuase you think so. Just because you don't like SONY doesn't make your assertions true.
I don't know why they do this for now... but they do have lot of materials can release some BAD concerts much more better than a VHS source... that is NOT the only source of that concert, they lie again... over and over again...
You don't know why because you just don't know period - you are just speculating again because you don't like Sony. Not because you have any reason or proof but just because you have an agenda against them. Which is fine if you don't like them but show some kind a reasonable proof for your assertions. You seem clueless about what the fans have requested. They told us they have others in better quality. But We don't want the other BAD concerts we already have them all in our multimedia forums. We want a 2nd leg unreleased concert preferable Wembley .. SONY is giving us what we asked for and More than we dreamed of.

There is No reason in hell they wouldn't give a HQ Wembley or 2nd leg if they had it. It would be in their BEST interest to do so. You act like they wont release it just to punish us LOL .. Sony dont want to punish us they want to release a good product and they want our money :) and the MJ Estate wants to present Michael in the BEST light possible. Especially after the MICHAEL fiasco, which we know they regret Big time. They want this done right for Michael's sake and for the fans which they have reached out to and formed a relationship with. They want Michael to shine and they want the fans to be happy.
For some infos: U-matic is also a technology of $ony, they know so well how to play them well, every tape have their own labels can be remastered, maybe they just do not want to pay for some money to do that, but please do not say no more source or only source is that VHS... that's not true...
FACT is It would be much more costly to go to the trouble and expense of restoring the VHS than it would be to release a HQ product if they already had it in there possesion. So again you are making no sense. In fact your Sony hating agenda is showing and you seem obsessed with it beyond reason. Just becuase you dont like them you are making up all these stories in your mind. Just becuase you think this in your own mind. Doesn't make it so . You have no facts or proof for your claims or even a reasonable reason to give for your claims .. You are welcome to have that opinion, But please dont insult us by stating them as if it is FACT. ITS ALL SPECULATION ON YOUR PART. You give us NOTHING to believe but your opinions/assumption. which is NOT based on any facts.

Come back once you can provide proof or at least a reason for the claims you are making beyond the facts that you just dont like Sony and then we can disuss it reasonably. Im not trying to be mean. but your agenda is so transparent here. It's clear nothing will please you .. becuase of your hatred of SONY .. and You will never be able to enjoy Michael's BAD 25 release becuase of it. Tht's sad to me :(

Theoreticaly speaking it would be possible for Sony to have the Wembley in HD but not wanting to release it... right now. It would be much more profitable - speaking of income - to just release this quality on DVD now and saying this is the best we came up with. And later, when they will have magicaly found the film, release it on BR.

Sony don't own Michael Jackson's concerts. So theoreticaly speaking it is not possible. I believe the Estate is telling the truth this time and that they really don't know where the films are.

The Estate released a statement about the quality of the footage that seemed very credible to me. There is no good reason why the Estate would not use the Umatic tapes of the Wembley gig if they had them. The fact is, only the 16th of July gig had the audio recorded to multi-tracks - if you want a live concert on DVD it is essential to have a multi-track recording. But if the Estate had both a VHS and the Umatic's from the 16th of July please explain why they wouldnt use the Umatic's? It will probably cost them more money to restore the VHS than it would to transfer the film from the Umatic's. So if they had the Umatic tapes they would use them.

We as fans asked for a 2nd leg Bad Tour DVD release, and we specified Wembley. We're getting the best DVD release we possibly can given the circumstances. In this instance, the Estate should be applauded.

They didn't really say anything about concerts that were shot on film. Did they forget?

Frank DiLeo interview at Wembley Stadium in 1988:

^^^

That burger in the beginning made me hungry! :lol:

Thanks for the video. Never seen that before.

I'll go have something to eat. :lol:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Frank DiLeo interview at Wembley Stadium in 1988:

You gotta love how even Frank DiLeo had his image. Like a maffia Don with that cigar. LOL.

:dancin: I really Totally cant wait for this its gonna be Awesome:dancin:

I am very excited about this project. This has been a great year so far. Seeing the Cirque de Soleil show, the Jackson brothers, and now Bad 25. I can't wait!!!!

wow!!!!

Oh lawd.......

Taaj? huh..

Holy crap.

SONY has done nothing but good with BAD25 so far!!

Why so negative, why not enjoy all the stuff we get this year?

1 CD with ALL new material. Out-takes, demoes, new remixes etc.

1 LIVE Album - GREATNESS !!!

1 LIVE DVD from 2nd leg - WEMBLEY - Just like we always wanted!!!

1 Spike Lee documentary - which will no doubt be great!!

WHY SO NEGATIVE ??? It's ALL GREAT !!

Thanks SONY for doing this project the way it should be! - Just promote the hell out of it and I will be more than happy!!

Some people would be pi*%ed off in paradise !
Thank you MJ , Sony and the estate its been a long wait hurry up september !

Please just ban me, thank you so much...!!!

You $ony dogs...!!!

I gave you a reason to ban me, i said you SUCK...!!!

now you can BAN me...!!! Please.........................................................

Thank YOU...!!!!

This is my last post here...I'll leave here forever...!!!

R.I.P Michael Jackson, they just betray you... $ony SUCKS...!!!

So just BAN me as my wish too, PLEASE.....................................................................

Damn woman wth, hold your horses, you always have something negative to say about 'em, are you here just for that? no one is betraying Michael, now I'm pissed, this is too much :/

WHY SO NEGATIVE ??? It's ALL GREAT !!

Well, in his defense, the thing hasn't been released yet, so it's all ALLEGEDLY great.

Well, in his defense, the thing hasn't been released yet, so it's all ALLEGEDLY great.

:lol:

True, but why be negative in advantage??

Take a listen to Smile while we wait!

What Brings a genuine Smile on My face is when I see The amazement on peoples face when they buy a pepsi and see MJ's iconic pose On It....

True. It's also all ALLEGEDLY horrible and shitty, according to him/her, and not ACTUALLY that way.

My personal opinion is that everybody should just wait for everything to be released and then start praising or hating the material.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic you know, especially when you see the potential here and when you read the various bits of info flying around about this upcoming release. Also, being skeptical about it understandable I suppose and not getting your hopes up is too, but being flat out hateful and bashing everything with no reason is... well, fairly stupid, in my opinion.

The problem here is that in past efforts, the Estate has so dramatically polarised the fan community that it's only logical for many of us to be *very* skeptical of anything new happening.

Like as recent as VISIONS dvd set...

Getting closer to september is only upping the suspence and excitement

The problem here is that in past efforts, the Estate has so dramatically polarised the fan community that it's only logical for many of us to be *very* skeptical of anything new happening.

Like as recent as VISIONS dvd set...

That is true cuz the first time i heard the news bout all of this was " could be it be really true?" and also praying the promotion wont be a fail

Agreed. The Michael album was the most despicable posthumous release in existence. How any record company could possibly make such a monumental mess of what could have been a great release is absolutely beyond all understanding. Fans have every right to be extremely sceptical.

Agreed. The Michael album was the most despicable posthumous release in existence. How any record company could possibly make such a monumental mess of what could have been a great release is absolutely beyond all understanding. Fans have every right to be extremely sceptical.

I still cant over the fact they actually released it

Back