Barbara Walters to Profile Michaels Kids

Seeing how ABC's own Martin Bashir is the reason why their father is no longer with us, lets torment the children next.

can there be some sort of a lawsuit here? esp. if the family did not authorize it..??

Seeing how ABC's own Martin Bashir is the reason why their father is no longer with us, lets torment the children next.

That sent shivers down my spine.

I only hope that the Jacksons ok'd this as a fluff piece to let out a bit of good news about the children and it is controlled in that way. I don't think they can stop the presses, but maybe they can 'control' what is published to a degree. Just a thought.

That sent shivers down my spine.

I only hope that the Jacksons ok'd this as a fluff piece to let out a bit of good news about the children and it is controlled in that way. I don't think they can stop the presses, but maybe they can 'control' what is published to a degree. Just a thought.

press never believed anything Michael would say. why would they believe anything his kids would say?

The media never left Michael alone and now he's gone they will not leave his kids alone. They are children-leave them alone. Hell Prince is 18 in five years, if he wants to give an interview then, then he will. Don't bug them when they are trying to live a normal life and trying to come to terms with the loss of their father.

SHe is not interviewing the kdis so what is the big deal. They will show video we have all seen a million times

SHe is not interviewing the kdis so what is the big deal. They will show video we have all seen a million times

the "Big deal" is that Michael did not want his kids to be publicized when he was alive and now that hes gone, its not right.

Last edited:
Can someone give a sort of short answer as to how BW treated Michael or what she has done wrong before this... I sent a twitter at her saying how I thought what she was doing was not right etc and then one of my friends started going on at me about how BW didn't deserve any flack because she is compassionate and good and blah blah etc .. If she got her assistant to try and film the children at the memorial that's wrong enough omg, but is there other things she has done? I want to be clear on the whole deal.

this is sad. Exactly the opposite of what Michael wanted. Does anyone care about what Michael wanted for his kids.

Shame on you Walters, shame

Children who are grieving the loss of their father are fasinating to Barbara Walters just because they are Michael Jackson's children? That is sick. I think the fans have thought for a long time that Prince, Paris and Blanket were fascinating because they are smart, polite and loving. Michael's fans loved his kids way before his death but for pure reasons only and we were never overly obessed with them! We wanted the kids to have privacy because they deserve it, just like every kid. She should not be exposing them just because they are vunerabe. I'm sure Barbara Walters would never happen to find Michael Jackson's children the least bit fascinating if Michael was still alive.

Children who are grieving the loss of their father are fasinating to Barbara Walters just because they are Michael Jackson's children? That is sick. I think the fans have thought for a long time that Prince, Paris and Blanket were fascinating because they are smart, polite and loving. Michael's fans loved his kids way before his death but for pure reasons only and we were never overly obessed with them! We wanted the kids to have privacy because they deserve it, just like every kid. She should not be exposing them just because they are vunerabe. I'm sure Barbara Walters would never happen to find Michael Jackson's children the least bit fascinating if Michael was still alive.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:...excellent post!!!!

I understand your point and it's a very good one. But the children are very fascinating for many reasons. Yes, because they are Michael Jackson's children. But also the way in which they were revealed to the public so dramatically at his memorial. Gone were the masks the world had watched them grow up wearing. When Paris cried for the loss of her father before the world she humanized him to many, many people. It's very fascinating. And heartbreaking. I want to cry thinking about that unforgettable moment.

that term..'humanize'...that gives me the shudders. what in the hell is in the minds of people who didn't see MJ as a human being, before Paris was on that podium? how would they like it if many people decided that THOSE people were not human beings, until it took something or someone else to humanize them?

that term..'humanize'...that gives me the shudders. what in the hell is in the minds of people who didn't see MJ as a human being, before Paris was on that podium? how would they like it if many people decided that THOSE people were not human beings, until it took something or someone else to humanize them?
THANK YOU! I feel the same way I sometimes feel like slapping the shyte out of ppl when they use that term, what did they see MJ as then? a Freak,? Animal? Alien? Those ignorant a-holes need to be humanized since they for sure arent "human" as any sane human would view a person as a human only.

Thank you. Another way the media had found & used through the years to belittle Michael.

It is a shame it is now acceptable for fans to use it.

I have aways viewed MJ as a human being.

Damn you Barbara Walters, leave them alone :( Michael wouldn't want that to happen!

What a vile women. She finds them fascinating....why? In what way? Because they lost their daddy this year?

Wrong wrong wrong, she needs a slap.

What a vile women. She finds them fascinating....why? In what way? Because they lost their daddy this year?

Wrong wrong wrong, she needs a slap.

Yes, but probably in a way that tabloids found them facinating. I mean they are just kids and in my opinion they deserve privacy from reporters who only care because they are MJ's kids and think demeaning things about them ( I still hate that article from ABCnews online that looked like a gossipy schoolgirl drivel that made fun of the kids) , and I mean if the events did'nt happen as they did then this would'nt exist. She should have included Michael instead of the children.

Well the joke is on Barbara, because there i no chance that she got an interview with the kids because that would be distasteful and wrong on all accounts.

I'm very upset that the family is allowing Barbara Walters to feature anything regarding Michael's children. They are not celebs! She was no friend to MJ whatsoever. She never showed him an ounce of respect when he was living. Now she disses him in death. She doesn't need to exploit his children for money. Leave them alone!

You got to remember Michael did everything to protect these children, He didn't want photos of the kids taken thats why they wore masks. He wanted to have a "normal" as possible childhood. Not to live in a fishbowl like he did for his entire childhood. The "big deal" is that these are children non-celebrity children that are being exploited for ratings, money, among other things.

Words can't truly express what I truly feel about Barbara Walters!

But this is all about the almighty ratings! look at the list of people, not very interesting is it? throw in Prince, Paris and Blanket and you've got interest in this so called special!

Just as the media applied different rules to MJ, so will they to his kids, sadly!

I agree with you 100% Princess.

Last edited:
Back