BET Honors Special....MJ to be honored!

yes, this maybe what AKON was hinting about:wild: woot woot!!!!

Hi everyone I'm new here. I just came from MJNO today to join ya'll. Anywayz enough about me, this is so exciting!!!

Happy Birthday, Silouette
h045.gif

Hey everyone, I'm from MJNO, too.

This is great news!!! It must be what Akon was hinting about!

welcome shania! yeah, and there maybe more! sony has gone full blast with its promotion of the thriller 25 album and so far it is all soooooo good :sarmoti

nice!!! .. 2008 is going to be greart!!

I am soooooooooooo excited

Yeah me too.

It starts in January and ends on the 31th of December!! - Hopefully just to continue thrugh 2009 !! ::lol:

Can you imagine, I bet we'll be seeing the usual suspects like Akon, Chris Brown, Usher probably, Ne-Yo paying tribute and the best thing is the artist being honored usually performs, so I'm crossing my fingers here that we'll get a performance/performances!!!!!

If people are'nt remembering this special....they did one with Whitney a few years back and Mary J, Babyface, Christina Aguilera, Luther performed her songs!

This will be video tape worthy thats for sure!

Thanks for posting this.

That special that you are referring to was the BET Hall of Fame.

This special is different.

This special will be taped in Washington D.C. where Raymone (don't e-mail her, y'all) is located. The special will be taped this month (I have no idea when) and it will air on Feburary on Black History Month. Cedrick the Entertainer (funny man) will host it. Other people being honored will be Alicia Keys (the girl), Tyra Banks (she aight) and Cornwell West (Harvard University professor).

Thatis all I know about the special. I heard about it this week on the radio.

looks like taping takes place on:

JANUARY 12, 2008

Private Event - Invitation Only

THE BET HONORS

THE BET HONORS celebrates black achievement in business, entertainment, social justice and philanthropy while providing the kind of award-winning, show-stopping musical performances that make BET specials deliver huge results. During Black History Month, BET will celebrate the achievement of black Americans by honoring the brightest, the most talented, the most ambitious, the most generous and the most crusading members of the African-American community. THE BET HONORS will celebrate the best in the black community with electrifying performances by the biggest names in music including John Legend, Stevie Wonder, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott and more.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2008, 7:00 PM

Running Time: Approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes

http://www.warnertheatre.com/calendar.asp

Thanks for posting.

Dang, that is tommorrow. I assumed that it would be next week. That is so soon. LOL.

No, you're thinking of BET Walk of Fame. That show hasn't aired since 2004. BET Honors is new and will be honoring numerous entertainers.

Speaking of that - the BET Hall of Fame, wasn't Michael the first person to be inducted back in 1995? If my memory serves me right, didn't Aresino Hall (who needs to come back to televison) hosted it or something?

Also, we do not know for a fact if MJ will be there. Heck, we really do not know a lot except MJ getting a BET honor.

Congrats Michael!

Last edited:
man..i hope this gets aired on a broadcast channel, after the bet broadcast as so many other broadcasts have been aired the same way, cus i don't have bet.

man..i hope this gets aired on a broadcast channel, after the bet broadcast as so many other broadcasts have been aired the same way, cus i don't have bet.
Same here. I don't have cable at all but someone here always manages to save the parts of shows with Michael in and upload them somewhere for us. I'm hoping it will happen again.

Back