Biggest white Music Act ever in the Black Community ever

michaelsson, please tell me you have heard of george michael and boy george ??

who the hell r they??

Lisa Stansfield
artist_969.jpg

Wham!
wham-gal.jpg

Average White Band
117320.jpg

Rare Earth
RareEarth_Millennium-767275.jpg

Culture Club
cultureclub.jpg

Doobie Brothers
doobie-brothers-2.jpg

KC and the Sunshine Band
K.C.-1975-Nice.jpg

Michael McDonald
michael-mcdonald.jpg

George Michael
george_michael_wembley_2.gif

Last edited:
Gonna have to say Hall&Oates, Michael McDonald/Doobies, BeeGees. And Rare Earth, wow, forgot all about them, they were so big when I was in college, but their "sound" most definitely could fit the bill here.

I think Rare Earth was originally out of Detroit and signed with Motown. Their sound was one that when you heard a few bars, you knew it was Rare Earth. Some of their music included some Temps songs. How could anyone forget "Get Ready", "I'm Losing You", and "I Just Want to Celebrate". They definitely put their "touch" on those songs and I can still hear them now in my head. Good memories for me-

Elton John's become increasingly more sampled and featured in hip-hop and R&B since the new millenium.

Phil Collins has been sampled in a few songs I've heard and I've got a lot of family (black) and friends (also black) who rock out to him.

Actually, I said Eminem on post 6 of this thread on the first page. He's the first one who sprung to mind. Love him or hate him, he's a major crossover act.

Chicago in the 1970s, but not the 80s power ballad era, lol. Maybe Dusty Springfield & Janis Joplin.

Last edited:
Actually, I said Eminem on post 6 of this thread on the first page. He's the first one who sprung to mind. Love him or hate him, he's a major crossover act.

I remember reading somewhere that Eminem was a huge PHENOMENON:). How huge he was? I'm not a fan of rap but I admit some of his songs are damn catchy :lol: :lol:

michaelsson, please tell me you have heard of george michael and boy george ??
George michael...yes...isnt he gay? think i saw a doco on him...whos boy george?
Give him time. :lol: He's obviously part of MY generation. :lol:

lol right
Lisa Stansfield
artist_969.jpg

Wham!
wham-gal.jpg

Average White Band
117320.jpg

Rare Earth
RareEarth_Millennium-767275.jpg

Culture Club
cultureclub.jpg

Doobie Brothers
doobie-brothers-2.jpg

KC and the Sunshine Band
K.C.-1975-Nice.jpg

Michael McDonald
michael-mcdonald.jpg

George Michael
george_michael_wembley_2.gif

lisa look familiar...gerge michael i kno him....the others ehhhhh nope never seen or heard of em n my life

i kno that song....still clueless on who the hell they r.....

ooo they sing it lmao...my 1st time seein them lol

I remember reading somewhere that Eminem was a huge PHENOMENON:). How huge he was? I'm not a fan of rap but I admit some of his songs are damn catchy :lol: :lol:

isn't it amazing...the power of music?

you can say you are not a fan of something..yet something in that something catches your fancy.

i believe that is true with a lot of people..lol

lol,,,some of those acts are not all white..
Like KC and the Sunshine Band? :p I menetioned that it was a black band with a white singer on the 1st page. I'm aware that some of the others have the one black guy, lol. KC & the Sunshine Band were kinda like Blondie, Jamiroquai, and Sade. They're bands, but the singer is the one in most of the pictures and promotional material. Like them, a lot of people think the singer (Debbie Harry, Jay Kay, Sade Adu, KC) IS the band, lol. Like people here talking about Boy George when there are 3 other guys in the band.

So I definitely have to say Teena Marie!!!!

And Lisa Stansfield, Bee Gees, Hall and Oates...

That's my cousin hamish in the average white band pic-the dude with the beard at the front! Ha ha nice to see him in this thread.

Teena Marie definitely takes the cake for females. Males, idk, there are so many to choose from.....

come on, no one has said it yet?

RICK !!!! Rick astley!!!!

(does the dance) Never gonna give u up! NEver gonna let you dooowwn...!

:lol:

In seriousness though, I think it may be Eminem, Justin Timberlake, the Bee Gees, Boz scaggs, Red Bone (they were white right? LOL),[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

who the hell r they??

U don't know KC & The sunshine Band? LOL "shake shake shake! shake shake shake! shake yo boootaay! shake yo booootay!" :lol:

No Goerge Michael? "U gotta have faith-a faith-a faith....ohhh u gotta have faith-a faith-a faith!" :lol:

No Culture Club? Do u really wanna huuuuuuuuuurt mee??

The rest i dunno about either :lol:

Last edited:
Back