Can you feel it vs This place Hotel(aka Heartbreak Hotel)

Can you feel it vs Heartbreak Hotel

• Total voters
right now I'm siding with both.
This year is the first time I've actually started listening to Heartbreak Hotel.

Can You Feel It, hands down, no contest! You can't help but get crunk when you hear it. I use it as my ringtone, sometimes forgetting to answer the damn phone because I'm dancing to the music, ROFL!

^^So funny. I had to go with Heartbreak Hotel, but I love them both.

Studio version - Can You Feel It
Live version - Heartbreak Hotel

This actually was more difficult than I imagined. Something about this comparison just took me by surprise.

Nevertheless, I chose Heartbreak Hotel (Elvis be damned this song is called HBH and that's that).

Voted for Heartbreak Hotel, obviously, it's way in the lead! :)

I am in love with that song.

Can You Feel It?

While a great track, message-wise 'n all...
it's just alright to me, musically.

Heartbreak Hotel. It's in my opinion, better than Can You Feel It on so many levels. Plus, it's great live.

I'm in the minority but I prefer Can You Feel It, despite it sounding kind of aged (the horns arrangement is a bit cheesy).

Don't get me wrong. I like "Can You Feel It", but "Heartbreak Hotel" is my jam! I fell in love with it the moment I heard it!

I just love love LOVE Heartbreak Hotel :love: but Can you feel it lyrics are amazin', I just have a thing for Michael's voice and the feel to HBH :girl_sigh:

Difficult to choose but I am going with This Place Hotel. I find it intriguing. I usually like the MJ songs that have this type of theme.

'can you feel it' is uplifting in feel and message - which signalled an ongoing theme in the music and life overall. it covered new musical ground, and Michael is almost like a featured artist that elevates it to the highest heights! it's explosive and designed for the stage as a visual expression. it has universal appeal that still holds up today (see the amazon ads).

'heartbreak hotel' is crucial to Michael's development as a writer and artist. lyrically it paved the way for 'billie jean', and musically it paved the way for 'thriller'. it's essentially a Michael Jackson song on a jacksons album (the brothers don't contribute vocally to it). which is part of what I feel prevented it from reaching its full potential.. it was inventive for its time, but it was essentially replaced by the aforementioned 'billie jean' and 'thriller', and pales in comparison as a classic. the tempo also prevents it from really taking off.

my vote goes to 'can you feel it'!

Heartbreak Hotel. It paved the way for future Michael Jackson horror theme songs such as Thriller, Ghosts, Threatened. And it was also an important song in Michael's development as a songwriter.

I have always found Can you Feel It to be a bit boring. I like the message but it's a song that I very rarely listen to. It just isn't for me.

Without a doubt Heartbreak hotel for me. I love the hidden story in it and the melody has something way ahead of its time.

Though I did like the ‘both’ option if you simply can’t choose between them but since I like heartbreak hotel more than can you feel it :eek: the choice was easily made lol

Thank you for the 'both' option. They're SO DIFFERENT-that I could never choose and I really love both.

Back