Celebs who supported Michael?

If you guys are going to spit out quotes like this, you should really include a source as proof.
That sounds pretty awful, but I wouldn't believe it until I saw it cited.

Can you give us a source?
I was goin' to say the same thing. Do you have any sources?

The thing is some of us (myself included) has been long time fans of MJ, from the time we were kids. Speaking for myself, anytime MJ was in the news I was there, tv shows, magazines what have u. And I suprise myself sometimes with the stuff I remember. I remember shows like Hard Copy in the early 90's (hated that show was pure evil, but I was a kid back then) , Geraldo, inside edition etc etc was on Mj's back non stop. Anyways my point is some of us tend to remember quotes and stuff vividly even though we dont have links to sources or whatever. I was gluded to my tv during the trial and I remember being didgusted by hollywood. I cant always tell u what program I saw or heard crap on but I remember the fairweather friends. Shoot I can remember them during 93 also.

The thing is some of us (myself included) has been long time fans of MJ, from the time we were kids. Speaking for myself, anytime MJ was in the news I was there, tv shows, magazines what have u. And I suprise myself sometimes with the stuff I remember. I remember shows like Hard Copy in the early 90's (hated that show was pure evil, but I was a kid back then) , Geraldo, inside edition etc etc was on Mj's back non stop. Anyways my point is some of us tend to remember quotes and stuff vividly even though we dont have links to sources or whatever. I was gluded to my tv during the trial and I remember being didgusted by hollywood. I cant always tell u what program I saw or heard crap on but I remember the fairweather friends. Shoot I can remember them during 93 also.

Too bad I'm too young to remember that kind of stuff. I wasn't even born in 93. Just one year later. :scratch:

I remember stuff from 1980s magazines like "Rock N' Soul" & "Soul Teen" which stopped being published before the internet came along, so a "source" wouldn't be on the web. If people don't believe it and need "proof", that's their thing.

I remember stuff from 1980s magazines like "Rock N' Soul" & "Soul Teen" which stopped being published before the internet came along, so a "source" wouldn't be on the web. If people don't believe it and need "proof", that's their thing.

I was born in the early 80's but my family are Jackson Family fans's so I remeber seeing old copies of those and jet , Ebony etc etc. But also remebr Right On , Black Beat. Cynthia Horner was/is a big Jackson supporter. I think Right On or Black Beat was hers or she was the editior in cheif. You always reported positive articles about Mike and his family. When I wanted "truth " about Mike or the Family I knew where to go. U know whats messed up though we threw out boxes of old Ebony's and some old magazines of the Jackson's a few months before he died. My mom did anyways cuz it was taking up too much space. I'm so mad now.

Yeah, same here. I remember Celine Dion saying she had dinner with him a few times. Michael mentioned in London about Mariah Carey contacting him to warn him about Tommy Mattolla. Corey Feldman, Edde Murphy, Mohammed Al Fayed. Also, Lisa Marie Presley perhaps? ;)

I have Rick James on tape saying that! LOL I was happy he said those things they were true! ALL OF IT! And J.T is so corny, the only blue eye soul I knew of was Sinatra. J.T can sit his ass down!

Lisa Marie Presley perhaps? ;)

She was a complete bitch to him. She kicked him when he was down and that was just not cool at all. She might not have said anything directly but she was always insinuating stuff, saying she loved him but didn't know why he married her. Why did she need to do that? I'm sorry but I can't get over that. It was so childish and unnecessary. [/end rant] :lol:

If anyone can remember what any of these people said, even if it's not a direct quote, I'd like to hear it please. :)

Yes, I understand. But it's also very easy to get caught up in your first impression of something someone may have said and convince yourself of a certain meaning in someone's words the heat of the moment.

No one's perfect, we all misinterpret things. Paraphrasing can be a tricky thing!

Not saying this is necessarily the case here, just saying that this is why it's important to be able to back up what you claim in general.

:)

I just wanted to put the list together to see all the names at once. So these are all the celebrities that we know supported Michael during the 2005 trial?

I'll edit in more names when others post them.

Macaulay Culkin
Emmanuel Lewis
Elizabeth Taylor
Chris Tucker
Eddie Griffin
Steve Harvey
Rick James
Stevie Wonder
Stephanie Mills
Sharon Stone
Wade Robson
LL Cool J
Geraldo Rivera
Larry King
Alicia Keys
Usher
Beyonce --> Weak defense?
Chris Brown
Amy Winehouse
R Kelly
Lil Mama
Missy Elliott
50 cent
Justin Timberlake (???)
Black Eyed Peas
Bow Wow
Bee Gees
Diddy
Nicole Richie
Liza Minnelli
Lionel Richie
Smokey Robinson
David Gest
Cris Judd
Al Sharpton
Jesse Jackson
Azja Pryor
Whitney Houston
Magic Johnson
Dick Gregory
Louis Farrakhan
Jimmy Jam
Paul McCartney
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Phil Collins
Will Smith--> Weak Defense?
Mary J Blige
Faith Evans
Foxy brown
Prince
Gregory Peck
Boyz II Men
Berry Gordy
Diana Ross
Gladys Knight
Dionne Warwick
The Osmond family
Tisha Campbell-Martin
Damon Wayons
Marlon Wayons
Tommy Davidson
Serena Williams
Brett Ratner
Aaron Carter
Nick Carter
MC Hammer
Shirley Caeser
Ruben Studdard
Tommy "Tiny" Lister
Lindsay Lohan
Seth Green
Queen Latifah
Brooke Shields
Lionel Richie
Britney Spears
Madonna
Johnny Depp
James Brown
Rev. Al Sharpton
Rev. Jesse Jackson
David Blaine
Lou Ferrigno
Whoopi Goldberg
Brian May (from Queen)
Bette Midler
Debbie Allen
Fat Joe

Sorry, but that list is PURE FICTION.

There are many people on that list that should not be there. People are just throwing up names without real backup, and 80% of these folks refrain from commenting on MJ during he trial for fear of negatively impacting their own career.

^^ Well, I just put all the names that people posted in this thread in one post. This is not my personal list that I made.

That's why i posed the question at the top of my post, 'So there are all the celebrities that supported Michael during the 2005 trial?'.

Has JayZ ever said anything negative about him?

And did Eddie Murphy ever say anything about the allegations?

I really dont care, cause "celebs" mean nothing to me.

Stevie Wonder may be called a "celeb" but he's a genius, the only one i care

for those of you who didn't know

Mary J blige
Faith evans
Foxy brown
Prince "even thro people believe they beef"

There are a lot of names in the list who didn't publically support during the allegations.

Prince has only spoken about MJ publically twice: once in 1996 when he told Chris Tucker the Bad story about 'Your butt is mine..' and at a press conference in 2000 where he was quietly supportive implying Michael had lost his way a bit but 'let's make a home for him to come back to.' Since then, nothing. Only unverifiable rumours and a few casual remarks to fans at soundchecks like 'I don't know why y'all hate on Mike so much.'

It's sad but I think Prince's absurd religion prevented him from defending MJ publically.

Has JayZ ever said anything negative about him?

And did Eddie Murphy ever say anything about the allegations?

Jay-Z I have no idea. I doubt he or 50 Cent ever said anything good about MJ. But I know Lil Wayne said something negative for sure.

As for Eddie, I'd like to know about that too. He said a long time ago that he & MJ had been friends for a long time.

50 cent did say mj was his idol and he was a perfectionist and no one like him but that was a month before his death not during the trial

There are a lot of names in the list who didn't publically support during the allegations.

Prince has only spoken about MJ publically twice: once in 1996 when he told Chris Tucker the Bad story about 'Your butt is mine..' and at a press conference in 2000 where he was quietly supportive implying Michael had lost his way a bit but 'let's make a home for him to come back to.' Since then, nothing. Only unverifiable rumours and a few casual remarks to fans at soundchecks like 'I don't know why y'all hate on Mike so much.'

It's sad but I think Prince's absurd religion prevented him from defending MJ publically.
Both Rebbie & Katherine Jackson belong to that same religion, and all of the siblings were raised in it, but Joseph never was a JW.

50 cent did say mj was his idol and he was a perfectionist and no one like him but that was a month before his death not during the trial

Well, that is at least before Michael died. IDK when or really if the Game had made bad comments about Mike, but Mike had taken an interest in the Game and 50 cent and talked to them both to mediate a truce btw the two because they were fighting publicly.

Maybe that changed the Game's mind about Michael as a person, that is if he had made bad comments before.

Jay-Z I have no idea. I doubt he or 50 Cent ever said anything good about MJ. But I know Lil Wayne said something negative for sure.

There was a Jay Z documentary on before Michael died where his sister said when he was little his favourite popstar was Michael and the Jackson 5 and he would do all the dance moves, J said something like that as well. That was after the trial. I've never heard him say anything else about him before he died though. Good or bad.

Thanks, that was another person I was going to ask about. Do you have a link please?

Well, that is at least before Michael died. IDK when or really if the Game had made bad comments about Mike, but Mike had taken an interest in the Game and 50 cent and talked to them both to mediate a truce btw the two because they were fighting publicly.

Maybe that changed the Game's mind about Michael as a person, that is if he had made bad comments before.

In his song "Down" there's a line "Touch kids like Michael" ...

Thanks ilovemjx and oceangirl for the info on Jay Z and 50. Does anybody know if they said anything about MJ during the trial?

Can we add Whitney Houston to the list? Did she say anything publicly?

We now know that she was trying to support him by calling him through out the trial.

Wait, was Amy Winehouse already famous during the trial? i thought she was more recent like 2006 or 2007.

she was famous in like 2004/2005.

but became mega famous in 2006 when she got her behive and made her second album.

Emmanuel Lewis was quick to defend Michael after Bashir's interview. He said:

"None of that, any of that, makes any of it the truth. And I don't get it, don't this I ever will. He's always been a friend, not just of me, but my whole entire family."

At least that's what I remember him saying in a short interview.

there are a lot of names in the list who didn't publically support during the allegations.

Prince has only spoken about mj publically twice: Once in 1996 when he told chris tucker the bad story about 'your butt is mine..' and at a press conference in 2000 where he was quietly supportive implying michael had lost his way a bit but 'let's make a home for him to come back to.' since then, nothing. Only unverifiable rumours and a few casual remarks to fans at soundchecks like 'i don't know why y'all hate on mike so much.'

it's sad but i think prince's absurd religion prevented him from defending mj publically.

his religion is not absurd. You don't know jack squat as to why he did not say anything about mj.

Back