Chris Brown Loses Temper on Good Morning America

Fortunately, I don't care enough about Chris Brown to defend him nor vilify him. What does irritate me though is when I see people overlook/downplay disgusting human acts by either:

1) Blaming the victim (or at least trying to 'balance the blame'), because the victim's behaviour after the event has not been ideal

or

2) Playing the virtuous non-judging card, whilst not applying that same standard in another situation.

You say there's no correlation. Hmmm, two people placed in a position of trust end up severely/fatally hurting their patient/partner?

What if CB had hit her in the temple and accidentally killed her? You say you don't deal in 'what ifs'. What if a man tries to rape a woman and she gets away? No harm done, forgive and forget, I guess?

I'm sorry but you're coming off as desperate at this point. I don't mean to be rude, but I refuse to pretend that Murray (a murderer), a rapist, or any other criminal act is the same case, when it's clearly not. You're grasping at straws and lumping things together that don't belong. For what point? I guess I don't understand what you're trying to say. What is the agenda? Are we supposed to hate Chris Brown and not have any empathy? What is it that you want? Again, for the umpteenth time, no one is blaming the victim or any such nonsense. Why must you insist on that? Just because I don't think Rihanna is totally innocent, doesn't mean I believe it was right or just. No one would dare suggest that. And you're right, I don't do what ifs. What if the grass is blue and the sky is green? There, I did a what if. The fact of the matter is that it isn't the case so it's irrelevant. See?

Thing is though, he didn't just hit her, he beat her multiple times. I'd like to think that's something absolutely anybody can control.

Not people with explosive disorder or an emotional disturbance along those lines, especially with some sort of mental illness on the side. It has been observed that people with some mental illnesses have poor impulse control, and therefore, they would be less able to control/process their emotions than those of us who have the ability to cope with anger by such methods as leaving the situation, etc. These people need help, not media scrutiny, and no--of course it will never excuse what he did to Rihanna, but the fact of the matter is that Brown grew up witnessing domestic abuse at home and is now repeating the same behaviours he learned as a child from watching his father. It's more difficult to comprehend than one cares to think, and while to some people that sounds like nothing more than an excuse, anyone trained in psychology can tell you how scarring and resounding in impact witnessing such behaviour as a young child can be, and how it can affect your behaviour in adulthood, especially if you have some sort of emotional/mental illness on the side. Brown clearly needs to address his issues with a trained professional, which I think most, if not all, of us agree with, and Good Morning America was wrong to poke at him the way they did. They don't know what he's been through, nor if he'll snap at any moment, and it's just plain ignorant and cruel to try and get a rise out of someone with clearly deep issues for publicity/ratings. That behaviour seems to me to be as sick/incomprehensible as Brown beating Rihanna, if not more so, since it is pre-meditated and borne out of nothing but greed.

Well, some should just return to Rhianna fanclubs instead of coming here with clouded judgements and obvious biased attitudes. Sorry for sounding brutal, but if some can't endure the criticism she gets, at least show a more human level of tolerance for another, in this case, Chris Brown. Like him or not (and for instance, I already said I don't), try to remove that veil distorting reality, or badmouth, gossip and continue with the venom elsewhere.

How is a person supposed to change for the better, when, like Travis said, they're beaten even though are 'dead'. The media are filled with snakes pushing people's buttons, and they did it on purpose, because they knew his weaknesses and exploited them to the max. Like they did it with Gary Coleman, for instance. Or, thinking about some former child stars, many of whom being seriously troubled, because they're not the same cutest children they once were, and think about how this led to some commit suicide later in life, or end up totally messed up, like the likes of Lindsday Lohan and some others, jailed or admitted to the rehab. As emphasized before, not all people are strong ones, and they/we are not limited beings.

I would truly like to know how any of us would be able to deal with rudeness on behalf of other people (while being scrutinized on television and other media), if we'd be able to swallow our pride or develop a thick skin for too long. Problem is also hypocrisy. Because of overlooking some obviously wrong behaviors in some, while tearing down those we don't like or hold a grudge onto.

Last edited:
Well, some should just return to Rhianna fanclubs instead of coming here with clouded judgements and obvious biased attitudes. Sorry for sounding brutal, but if some can't endure the criticism she gets, at least show a more human level of tolerance for another, in this case, Chris Brown. Like him or not (and for instance, I already said I don't), try to remove that veil distorting reality, or badmouth, gossip and continue with the venom elsewhere.

How is a person supposed to change for the better, when, like Travis said, they're beaten even though are 'dead'. The media are filled with snakes pushing people's buttons, and they did it on purpose, because they knew his weaknesses and exploited them to the max. Like they did it with Gary Coleman, for instance. Or, thinking about some former child stars, many of whom being seriously troubled, because they're not the same cutest children they once were, and think about how this led to some commit suicide later in life, or end up totally messed up, like the likes of Lindsday Lohan and some others, jailed or admitted to the rehab. As emphasized before, not all people are strong ones, and they/we are not limited beings.

I would truly like to know how any of us would be able to deal with rudeness on behalf of other people (while being scrutinized on television and other media), if we'd be able to swallow our pride or develop a thick skin for too long. Problem is also hypocrisy. Because of condoning some obviously wrong behaviors in some, while tearing down those we don't like or hold a grudge onto.

:yes: :clapping:

I would truly like to know how any of us would be able to deal with rudeness on behalf of other people (while being scrutinized on television and other media), if we'd be able to swallow our pride or develop a thick skin for too long. Problem is also hypocrisy. Because of condoning some obviously wrong behaviors in some, while tearing down those we don't like or hold a grudge onto.

Yes, hypocricy is a major issue.For example if Chris Brawn had beaten Shakira to death instead of Rihanna, would you support his as much as you do right now? And you made your views clear.Why you keep posting again and again. Maybe because you are so biased against that girl? Please, the biase that you and some people here have against that girl is so obvious. Just accept it that you don't like her and move on.

Not people with explosive disorder or an emotional disturbance along those lines, especially with some sort of mental illness on the side. It has been observed that people with some mental illnesses have poor impulse control, and therefore, they would be less able to control/process their emotions than those of us who have the ability to cope with anger by such methods as leaving the situation, etc. These people need help, not media scrutiny, and no--of course it will never excuse what he did to Rihanna, but the fact of the matter is that Brown grew up witnessing domestic abuse at home and is now repeating the same behaviours he learned as a child from watching his father. It's more difficult to comprehend than one cares to think, and while to some people that sounds like nothing more than an excuse, anyone trained in psychology can tell you how scarring and resounding in impact witnessing such behaviour as a young child can be, and how it can affect your behaviour in adulthood, especially if you have some sort of emotional/mental illness on the side. Brown clearly needs to address his issues with a trained professional, which I think most, if not all, of us agree with, and Good Morning America was wrong to poke at him the way they did. They don't know what he's been through, nor if he'll snap at any moment, and it's just plain ignorant and cruel to try and get a rise out of someone with clearly deep issues for publicity/ratings. That behaviour seems to me to be as sick/incomprehensible as Brown beating Rihanna, if not more so, since it is pre-meditated and borne out of nothing but greed.

Thankyou for this post, you opened my mind to see things from another perspective and yes you're right. Maybe now I see it in a different way. :)

Yes, hypocricy is a major issue.For example if Chris Brawn had beaten Shakira to death instead of Rihanna, would you support his as much as you do right now? And you made your views clear.Why you keep posting again and again. Maybe because you are so biased against that girl? Please, the biase that you and some people here have against that girl is so obvious. Just accept it that you don't like her and move on.

You do realize that you're the only one showing bias for Rihanna, right? LMAO! :lol:

Me, biased? Lol. As I said before, hypocrisy reigns supreme, because every letter from the words you used are yelling of frustrated bias. And you only have one post on this forum, yet bursting out of nowhere at long-timers, with a common sense too? How do you know who I like and who I don't? Lurking from the darkness and keeping personal preferences of members hidden until you couldn't anymore? I think you ended up on the wrong forum, as this is about Jackson.

If Chris Brown had beaten Shakira and anyone to death, I would feel the very same, dear biased Rhianna fan with 1 post. Make sure to properly read posts before letting the blood get to your head, because I've specifficaly mentioned more than once that I actually like Rhianna in some ways. Why do I keep posting again and again? Are you monitoring me from the darkness?

What creepiness. ...

Last edited:

I don't think Alma's perspective has anything to do with whether she likes Rihanna or not. I personally like Rihanna better than I like Chris Brown [and I don't like either of them much to begin with], yet I can see that putting Brown through the media magnifying lens is doing no one any favours except the very people who provoke him. Think of how much money in ratings they earned, how much publicity, etc. Nobody here has said Rihanna deserved to get beaten--point out a post which specifically says such a thing. What we are attempting to say here is that taking Brown to Good Morning America for an interview was a bad idea, and that they basically took the opportunity to try and get a rise out of him, which is reckless and stupid, in my opinion. He obviously has some serious problems, and Good Morning America has no place in helping him deal with them.

One can form an opinion about a situation which has nothing to do with one's personal like or dislike of a person. I think you're insulting Alma's capacity to put her personal opinions aside and analyze a situation objectively by claiming her personal lack of affection for Rihanna has influenced her decision. Moreover, saying Brown needs help instead of media scrutiny is not equivalent to "supporting" him or his actions against Rihanna. It is the truth. You don't know what kind of mental issues the guy has, and we know he grew up witnessing domestic violence in his household, so don't judge.

Moreover, like I said in the above paragraph, not liking someone's music or personality doesn't mean you're predisposed to be biased against them in a situation of high gravity. Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to beat Lady Gaga [whom I personally dislike] half to death, I wouldn't support that person's actions, even if I can't stand her and don't really find her music to be all that. I would probably feel sympathy for Gaga and wonder about the mental/emotional state of the person who attacked her. There's a difference between petty preferences and dislikes, and feeling compassion towards another human being--I am sure Alma feels compassion for Rihanna, however, that compassion does not by default demonize the perpetrator--Chris Brown. One ought to wonder what the Hell he's been through, and recognize he needs help and support to set himself on the right path, instead of creating a media storm to criticize him ad infinitum.

The media doesn't even give a $#!t about what happened to Rihanna, nor about Chris Brown's mental state. The only thing they care about is: $$$.

And I even said more than once, Mik, that I like Rhianna for her beauty and her voice, and that I don't like Chris Brown's music or him, yet....0..o Truth stings.

And I do really am feeling compassion for Rhianna as well - am sure this won't matter for some nor would be believed - , seeing how she's destroying her celebrity status, basically, and her femininity by means of all the 'attacks' used previously to argument this assertion. If some are ready to overlook all that, fine, only attacking those that don't/can't is really not fine.

Last edited:
I don't think Alma's perspective has anything to do with whether she likes Rihanna or not. I personally like Rihanna better than I like Chris Brown [and I don't like either of them much to begin with], yet I can see that putting Brown through the media magnifying lens is doing no one any favours except the very people who provoke him. Think of how much money in ratings they earned, how much publicity, etc. Nobody here has said Rihanna deserved to get beaten--point out a post which specifically says such a thing. What we are attempting to say here is that taking Brown to Good Morning America for an interview was a bad idea, and that they basically took the opportunity to try and get a rise out of him, which is reckless and stupid, in my opinion. He obviously has some serious problems, and Good Morning America has no place in helping him deal with them.

One can form an opinion about a situation which has nothing to do with one's personal like or dislike of a person. I think you're insulting Alma's capacity to put her personal opinions aside and analyze a situation objectively by claiming her personal lack of affection for Rihanna has influenced her decision. Moreover, saying Brown needs help instead of media scrutiny is not equivalent to "supporting" him or his actions against Rihanna. It is the truth. You don't know what kind of mental issues the guy has, and we know he grew up witnessing domestic violence in his household, so don't judge.

Moreover, like I said in the above paragraph, not liking someone's music or personality doesn't mean you're predisposed to be biased against them in a situation of high gravity. Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to beat Lady Gaga [whom I personally dislike] half to death, I wouldn't support that person's actions, even if I can't stand her and don't really find her music to be all that. I would probably feel sympathy for Gaga and wonder about the mental/emotional state of the person who attacked her. There's a difference between petty preferences and dislikes, and feeling compassion towards another human being--I am sure Alma feels compassion for Rihanna, however, that compassion does not by default demonize the perpetrator--Chris Brown. One ought to wonder what the Hell he's been through, and recognize he needs help and support to set himself on the right path, instead of creating a media storm to criticize him ad infinitum.

The media doesn't even give a $#!t about what happened to Rihanna, nor about Chris Brown's mental state. The only thing they care about is: $$$.

Bravo! :clapping:

Arguing with someone's opinion is one thing, but insinuating someone's opinion is not worth anything based on their post count is juvenile. Please cut it out. We were all "1-timers" once upon a time.

There's a world of difference between having one post on the forum (which everyone has/will always have) and having one post the contents of which revealing a quite sinister lurking from January, apparently, in the said case. That person knows who I like and who I don't, and if you find some comments juvenile, and basically ignore other aspects of others, I honestly don't care.

I will cut it out when it's cut, thanks, 'mod'.

^This is true. It's a bit odd that this person with only one contribution to this community--the post regarding Alma--is so knowledgeable about her likes, dislikes, etc. One would be completely oblivious to not take any notice, and Alma has reason to be apprehensive of this poster's motives based on those grounds.

There have been many, many people who have signed on for this thread and then become lurkers for sometimes months before they finally post. They are vey aware of members' feelings on things and it has nothing to do with stalking. Sometimes tghe amount of posts others have can just seem overwhelming. i remember it was a bit of time after I joined that I started posting regularly because I just felt like a small fish in a big pond.

We all felt like that at one time. So please, let's not use post count as a reason to down one another. Let's welcome newer members and make them feel at home (even while disagreeing).

Thanks.

Can you not just say you disagree with them and explain why, instead of feigning concern over a first-time poster who has either been reading a lot of threads this year, or chosen to utilise the 'previous posts' functionality, and making it out to be something sinister? I'm not liking what I'm seeing here.

Exactly. I lurked this board for years before even signing up an account. we discuss opinions here. It's not really nice to group people into categories such as new posters / old timers etc.

itt is so sad that i am called a stalker and creep onlyu because it hapened that i have read the coments here but i desided to coment only when i felt that there was a kind of hypocrisy going on from some of the members.They make their coment full of inuedows and bias against that girl and then they pet each other back in understanding. If you wan't to call me a creep and a stalker then do it.But i call you for what you are. And when members on this thread are saying that we don't know what hapened at that car and we shouldn't judge implaying that that girl might have provoced cHris Brown so she might have deserved to be beaten, then what more can i say? Ban me if you want,call me a creep, freak but you know that same you are very biased against that girl even if you are trying to hide it. Shame on you and i think you know who i am refering to.

The problem here was that member jumped at another member here out of nowhere, showing obvious bias in defending, in this case, Rhianna, while simultaneously accusing others of bias, when there wasn't one to begin, as heavily explained by folks through this topic. Singling me out for expressing my views, they say, repeatedly, as though I were the only one who did it, was, you know.. weird.

If that doesn't matter or didn't sound off, too bad. I won't apologize for my views on here, because there's no reason to. For my tonality in expressing them, yes, I can do that. .. Sorry for the tonality.

Last edited:
Can you not just say you disagree with them and explain why, instead of feigning concern over a first-time poster who has either been reading a lot of threads this year, or chosen to utilise the 'previous posts' functionality, and making it out to be something sinister? I'm not liking what I'm seeing here.

The concern, and I assure you it is in no way feigned, is that the poster in question has focused his retaliation almost exclusively on Alma, citing extraneous things which have nothing to do with the subject at hand, making illogical assumptions about her character based on her likes and dislikes, and acting in an overall erratic manner.

There's a difference between a poster with one post and some time lurking who posts his opinion on a subject, and one whose exclusive post to this community exhibits his following only one poster out of all the ones who have posted in this thread, and making assumptions about her. Why didn't he say anything about me, or about Travis? Why did he only choose to focus on Alma? The three of us are, in essence, saying the same thing. So, I fail to see why/how Alma's posts on different threads have anything to do with the discussion on this thread. I fail to see what bringing them up would do to support anything in particular. However, you are free to think whatever you will out of the situation.

itt is so sad that i am called a stalker and creep onlyu because it hapened that i have read the coments here but i desided to coment only when i felt that there was a kind of hypocrisy going on from some of the members.They make their coment full of inuedows and bias against that girl and then they pet each other back in understanding. If you wan't to call me a creep and a stalker then do it.But i call you for what you are. And when members on this thread are saying that we don't know what hapened at that car and we shouldn't judge implaying that that girl might have provoced cHris Brown so she might have deserved to be beaten, then what more can i say? Ban me if you want,call me a creep, freak but you know that same you are very biased against that girl even if you are trying to hide it. Shame on you and i think you know who i am refering to.

Oh, just got to see this. Missed nothing, it seems.

Let's break this down for a minute.

People got their panties in a twist because someone dared to disagree and decided to air that with their first post. So, after trying to make them feel a bit inferior with the "1-timer" jibes, it then seems like a good idea to infer they are, and I quote, "creepy", "sinister", and "weird" (who else has been called things like that, I wonder?).

I'm sorry, but I don't buy for a minute that this is anything other than picking on someone for daring to disagree. Your initial outburst at anak showed this quite clearly.

If you actually read what anak posted, they quoted one person (quoting more than one person at a time is a bit fiddly), but referred to everyone to whom it applied.

...and then we finish off with some more belittling in the post above.

Let's hope no other "1-timers" make the mistake of disagreeing with you.

Last edited:
No, people got their 'panties in a twist, as you very elegantly put it, because of obvious bias, after which ppl jumped at them, revealing their bias even more. Funny how those that spoke with common sense regarding this issue, and not just this one, get the slap in the face. Predictable.

If you've got problems with how I express myself, PM or report me, not continue this freaky circus this thread has become.

Let's break this down for a minute.

People got their panties in a twist because someone dared to disagree and decided to air that with their first post. So, after trying to make them feel a bit inferior with the "1-timer" jibes, it then seems like a good idea to infer they are, and I quote, "creepy", "sinister", and "weird" (who else has been called things like that, I wonder?).

I'm sorry, but I don't buy for a minute that this is anything other than picking on someone for daring to disagree. Your initial outburst at anak showed this quite clearly.

If you actually read what anak posted, they quoted one person (quoting more than one person at a time is a bit fiddly), but referred to everyone to whom it applied.

...and then we finish off with some more belittling in the post above.

Let's hope no other "1-timers" make the mistake of disagreeing with you.

He did more than just disagree. It's not what he was attempting to communicate (i.e. in regards to concepts) but how he went about doing so. The first sentence of his first post in this thread basically indirectly called Alma a hypocrite, so it would seem rather irrational to go cry about someone retaliating when you start the attacks. He accused her of being a hypocrite without providing any evidence to support his claims, and made assumptions about her "support" (which she never voiced--not supporting the media torment of a severely disturbed young man is not equivalent to supporting his actions by default--it would seem idiotic to assume so) had Brown beaten Shakira to death instead of Rihanna (which in itself makes no sense since Rihanna is very alive.)

Moreover, Alma has the right to post as much as she likes regarding the topic being discussed (I'd like to remind everyone that's what a forum is for) and it isn't this poster's concern whether or not she utilizes that right, or to what degree. He also assumes that we don't support the media's torment of Chris Brown because we don't like Rihanna--how he arrives at such a conclusion is beyond me, as none of us have cited this as our rationale.

One thing is to post a dissenting opinion in a respectful manner, and another thing is to go attacking other posters in the manner this person has done. I don't think anyone would have cause for concern if this poster had merely stated, "I disagree with the general consensus and [state opinion of Good Morning America's interview with Chris Brown.] However, no such thing happened. Instead, what happened was that this poster had the audacity to make gross assumptions about people he does not know, and that's the issue at hand here.

You can think whatever you please about it, and I will do the same. Good day to you.

He did more than just disagree. It's not what he was attempting to communicate (i.e. in regards to concepts) but how he went about doing so. The first sentence of his first post in this thread basically indirectly called Alma a hypocrite, so it would seem rather irrational to go cry about someone retaliating when you start the attacks. He accused her of being a hypocrite without providing any evidence to support his claims, and made assumptions about her "support" (which she never voiced--not supporting the media torment of a severely disturbed young man is not equivalent to supporting his actions by default--it would seem idiotic to assume so) had Brown beaten Shakira to death instead of Rihanna (which in itself makes no sense since Rihanna is very alive.)

Moreover, Alma has the right to post as much as she likes regarding the topic being discussed (I'd like to remind everyone that's what a forum is for) and it isn't this poster's concern whether or not she utilizes that right, or to what degree. He also assumes that we don't support the media's torment of Chris Brown because we don't like Rihanna--how he arrives at such a conclusion is beyond me, as none of us have cited this as our rationale.

One thing is to post a dissenting opinion in a respectful manner, and another thing is to go attacking other posters in the manner this person has done. I don't think anyone would have cause for concern if this poster had merely stated, "I disagree with the general consensus and [state opinion of Good Morning America's interview with Chris Brown.] However, no such thing happened. Instead, what happened was that this poster had the audacity to make gross assumptions about people he does not know, and that's the issue at hand here.

You can think whatever you please about it, and I will do the same. Good day to you.

i had the audacity to call out people based on their coments do you wan't profes on why i caled people hypocrites i will give you profes

Are we supposed to hate Chris Brown and not have any empathy? What is it that you want? Again, for the umpteenth time, no one is blaming the victim or any such nonsense. Why must you insist on that? Just because I don't think Rihanna is totally innocent, doesn't mean I believe it was right or just.
I'll get real with you, Rihanna did NOT deserve the beating she got, no one does (man or woman) BUT she does have a role to play. She's not the innocent bystander she's made out to be. It often takes two to tango. I know that won't be a popular sentiment, but as I've said before, it's too easy to judge situations we know nothing about. I was not in that limo.
But also seeing Rhianna in a sudden positive light because of her past misfortune, (this, by the way, increasing her record sales, an attitude which she has taken advantage of a lot) is more than biased. It's irrational, and everyone who don't know or don't care to know about her and what god she is serving should pretty much get informed..
But Rhianna's decisions in life are certainly not to be excused either. Her adopting porn-like approaches and appearing virtually naked on stage sure got her places. There's a recent Rolling Stone interview of her saying how she loves getting spanked and whipped and chained, and how when she's horny, she loves taking naughty pictures. She also believes people are afraid to reveal themselves naked, for instance, because she hasn't gotten a d**** picture in a long time. ... Her own words, nothing sensationalized. Sure, Chris Brown is not an example of anger temperation, and not a role model, just like Rhianna is not a role model, in fact a very negative influence on kids and teens or young adults.
what do you feel reading this coments. If you can't sence or understand the negativity agains that girl then all the things that you so elloquently posted here are worthless. i had the audacity to actuall call out people who because of their dislike about rihana they had reached to a point were they were actually sympathising brown and trying to say that the girl may actualy have provoced him. this has nothing to do with the girl. this has to do with people sympathising a man who brutally asolted a young girl because their dislike of that girl.did you see that girls face, did you see the marks the bruses? did you the boys face? did you see any mark or bruise? If you cant comprehed or you refouse to see that, then that is your problem. i continue to say that this people are hypocrites and they should be ashamed of theirself. Good day to you too.

i had the audacity to call out people based on their coments do you wan't profes on why i caled people hypocrites i will give you profes

what do you feel reading this coments. If you can't sence or understand the negativity agains that girl then all the things that you so elloquently posted here are worthless. i had the audacity to actuall call out people who because of their dislike about rihana they had reached to a point were they were actually sympathising brown and trying to say that the girl may actualy have provoced him. this has nothing to do with the girl. this has to do with people sympathising a man who brutally asolted a young girl because their dislike of that girl.did you see that girls face, did you see the marks the bruses? did you the boys face? did you see any mark or bruise? If you cant comprehed or you refouse to see that, then that is your problem. i continue to say that this people are hypocrites and they should be ashamed of theirself. Good day to you too.

What the hell are you going on about and who do you think you are to talk to us or anyone like that? YOU should be ashamed of yourself for ruining a perfectly compassionate conversation. We were trying to be fair and balanced. No one is being favored. I certainly can't say the same for you. We get it that you want us all to hate Chris Brown and not give him a chance to redeem himself, but I'm sorry - we're not going to do that. We have hearts and minds that are not dictated by the media. We expressed our opinions very articulately and with respect, but then you lot show up and ruin it all. You can attack us all you want and call us names like "hypocrite" but the fact remains that you're the ones who are the epitome of your accusations. We've already stated that we prefer Rihanna over Chris and yet you're all still going on about it as if we're CB fanboys. There really is nothing left to say being that a mature conversation has become an impossible task.

You know...I don't like the guy and I hate what he did but WE GET IT. We all know what he did and the story is old news, to be honest. People can choose privately to respect or not respect him, but I'm sick of hearing about it. The questions have already been asked and answered, no need for preying on the story for all eternity. The media loves the story and they'll never let him forget it. I have no pity for him at all but people in the media do these things to provoke and it's quite annoying.

On the other hand, Brown still has to control his temper...obviously nothing's changed...

Artist do promote their product through media, was it GMA, or View, or Ellen or Oprah, or whatever show is out there. But, on another hand, the hosts also needs to promote their shows, so they do provoke artists with sensitive questions, but they do let their guest know before-hand. If Chris didn't want talk about it, then he could have said so. But he didn't. I think he has bad temper. This has nothing to do with Rihana, this has to do with a fact, that he can't control himself when he is angry. Someone needs to tell him, grow a rhino skin, this is show business, you did stupid thing, you owned it, you did community service, FFS move on.

Please, do not compare MJJ with Chris Brown. MJJ was provoked, and abused by media, constantly for over 30years, he never lost his temper in front of them, nor Janet.
I can't even imagine what would Chris Brown do, if he was constantly abused and provoked by media as MJJ was.

I hope Chris, get his sh!t together, and concentrate making good music. I hate when good talents goes down the drain because an artist loses the focus on their craft.
:eek:fftopic: Autotune got to go, man that thing, does kill real music.

Artist do promote their product through media, was it GMA, or View, or Ellen or Oprah, or whatever show is out there. But, on another hand, the hosts also needs to promote their shows, so they do provoke artists with sensitive questions, but they do let their guest know before-hand. If Chris didn't want talk about it, then he could have said so. But he didn't. I think he has bad temper. This has nothing to do with Rihana, this has to do with a fact, that he can't control himself when he is angry. Someone needs to tell him, grow a rhino skin, this is show business, you did stupid thing, you owned it, you did community service, FFS move on.

Please, do not compare MJJ with Chris Brown. MJJ was provoked, and abused by media, constantly for over 30years, he never lost his temper in front of them, nor Janet.
I can't even imagine what would Chris Brown do, if he was constantly abused and provoked by media as MJJ was.

I hope Chris, get his sh!t together, and concentrate making good music. I hate when good talents goes down the drain because an artist loses the focus on their craft.
:eek:fftopic: Autotune got to go, man that thing, does kill real music.

According to Chris, those questions were not presented to him. I'm not saying it's the truth, but that is what he claims. His reaction certainly seems to apply to the suggested circumstance.

They're not at all hypocrites. None of them said she deserved to get beaten black and blue, in any of these comments you have posted. It appears as though your main problem is the fact that neither Travis nor Alma like Rihanna's music or image. This isn't a Rihanna fanboard--they're allowed to dislike her as much as they please, and if you don't like it, too bad. You're allowed to like her as much as you please as well--no one's belittling you for liking her. I personally don't dislike her, and I liked her a lot prior to Rated R and Loud, but yet I have the capacity to see that torturing Chris Brown through the media is neither helping Rihanna recover from the abuse, nor helping him accept responsibility for what he's done and seeking help for his various emotional problems.

Like I said previously, it appears as though you're associating their lack of penchant for Rihanna's style, music, and image, as equating to supporting Chris Brown beating the bejesus out of her, which is not the case.

Travis' post, which you quoted a part of, specifically states that Rihanna did not deserve to be beat, so I am unsure as to why you think otherwise. He did say, after that statement, that perhaps she's not the innocent figure she's made out to be--neither you nor I were there, so we don't really know what happened. Perhaps she provoked him, perhaps he's insane, that's all just speculation--none of us were there, but what Travis was attempting to say is that we can't properly judge a situation we weren't present to witness, and that perhaps the blame is shared. I personally do not agree with this stance, but I can see its merit because it's true--none of us were there, and none of us know for sure what happened. Provoking someone isn't always physical--perhaps she was taunting him, or she cheated on him, etc. Travis' point (correct me if I am mistaken) was that, no matter what the action, she did not deserve to get beat, but that perhaps there's more to the story than meets the eye through media "summaries" etc.

Moreover, at a later point in the same post, Travis states:

Travis said:
And don't twist it, I am NOT saying that violence against women is acceptable. I don't think violence against anyone is acceptable, not just women. So to all those people out there so quick to judge, this world is not black and white, and to think that all fault solely lies on Chris Browns shoulders is a bunch of ish. Dude has issues and needs to get his temper in check, but as far as I know he's been working towards that and people need to back off.

Taking that first part and making it out to be something to your satisfaction was a mistake on your part, since you basically took a part out of context, and you failed at it too--since all he said was that we weren't there, and that perhaps there's more to the story than we know--a perfectly valid point. Granted, Travis could have phrased it better, but the fact remains that at no point did he say that what Chris Brown did was OK, nor that Rihanna deserved the beating she got.

Alma's posts do not condone violence against Rihanna either. She's stated her opinion on Rihanna appearing to take advantage of the sympathy to basically do as she pleases, which may or may not be legitimate, but it's her opinion nonetheless. Her statements on Rihanna and how people perceive her are her opinion. I am unsure as to why you've highlighted her saying she's not a positive role model for kids and teens, etc. Reading the examples Alma provided of Rihanna's penchant for trivializing S&M, she certainly isn't, in my perspective--I know Alma's a bit on the conservative side, but I'm not. I'm a borderline libertine, and yet I agree with her on that respect. We are influenced by what we see, to varying degrees, we learn our behaviour from our environment--and whether you are aware of it or not, even frivolous pop stars like Rihanna have a degree of influence. They have fans of all ages, some as young as 9, looking up to them, etc. My personal opinion is that the parents of those kids should just not permit them to listen to Rihanna and Co. until they're teenagers, because I just don't see what about them could possibly appeal to a small child. I don't think Rihanna should be some innocent little wallflower, but if she's going to glorify Sadism and Masochism, she should at least learn some history about it instead of saying things that just make her sound ignorant. Moreover, I don't think she should be saying she likes to take nude pictures of herself when she's horny or whatever, that's just a stupid thing to do no matter who you are.

In any case, nothing either Travis or Alma have stated could possibly be equated, to a reasoning mind, to supporting Chris Brown beating Rihanna. All I see are two people basically stating that the guy has some serious issues and needs to seek help. In fact, the bulk of this thread wasn't even about Rihanna--what we've been saying since the beginning is that, no, she did not deserve to get beaten, but he also does not deserve to be tortured by the media for profit. What they both deserve is to seek some counseling and get over this in their own ways. It's important to understand not only the victim's side of things, but the perpetrator's as well. Writing them off as crazy, etc. is a disservice to the community, because understanding where these things come from can better serve to prevent their occurrence in future, and to permit these people to recover from their issues and rejoin society without the stigma of their past actions. It is our "high horse" society which judges these people as scum, as if we haven't ever done something we regretted or acted harshly at any point in our lives, which basically freezes them in this stage and prevents them from properly taking responsibility for and getting past their crimes, so that they'll only grow to resent the stigma and the society behind it, and would have little qualms about re-offending through the "in for a penny, in for a dime" manner of thinking. They're always going to be this "woman-beater," or whatever else, in the eyes of society... so why bother changing? You can immediately assess the danger of this manner of thinking, which we as a society indirectly place in their minds through our rejection of them.

In short, all we have been saying is that Brown needs to get help. Disliking Rihanna's music, image, lifestyle, etc. wouldn't make any rational human being want to see her get beat half to death. (I provided an example with Gaga, whom I dislike both musically and as a person--yet I wouldn't condone anyone who suddenly beat her half to death--there's a difference between petty opinions and dislikes, and lacking compassion for another human being, and if you can't see it then I don't know what to tell you...) People are allowed to express their disagreements with her image, etc. to their heart's content, as this isn't a Rihanna fanboard. It is interesting that, after having experienced such a violent act, Rihanna is now condoning violent sex. One would think the adverse would be true, and that she would go back to the pre-Rated R Rihanna, rather than sink further into the largely pointless Rated R/Loud Rihanna.

I don't know how we ended up talking about Rihanna, Travis, and Alma in a thread about Chris Brown's episode during Good Morning America.

Last edited:
Back