Christian Audigier says he and MJ will launch new MJ clothing line

A cool MJ shirt or jacket .. even if he hasn`t designed himself - that`s it. (I think he has marketed his name for this collection). I would buy it - a clothing with a little "MJ-feeling" on my skin:cheeky:.

Re: Michael Jackson To Launch Clothing Line

It better not be some Target cheap cloths though either, that would be boring.
= Audigier

the bloke's a knock-off. just like music, fashion's now all about marketing. copy a few relatively unknown but innovative brands then market yourself among good connections and you're in.

i hope this doesn't work out.
f_smiley.gif

I doubt that this fashion line will come to Canada...what Im hoping is that some of the Mj line gets sold in stores like American Eagle and stuff.. just cheaper t-shirts with a vintage MJ pic on it...I can already picture it! Im really curious to see how this will all play out, like the actual designs of the clothes, where they will be sold, and the price of them.

Well the line should be available for ordering online, like everything else in the world lol.

Well if that's the case arXter, then that's no good. But people around here say his cloths range in the $100 a shirt catagory, so I'm not sure. With Michael involved, if he has any actual input in to the desings used, which I know he's capable of since he's often had a heavy hand in the design of his own cloths, then I'm sure it would be more innovative.

the ONLY reason y ed hardy has been so expensive and is so successful is b/c the celebs started wearing the hell out of it.

wait a little while and then go to marshall's...last season's clothes will be there. so the previously marked $120 shirt is now $59....still a steep price but not nearly as exspensive as it was initially....and christian doesn't lose any money from it going to marshall's...he was already paid

Well if that's the case arXter, then that's no good. But people around here say his cloths range in the $100 a shirt catagory, so I'm not sure.
oh no doubt - i took your cheap comment to mean material-wise and thence selling at high prices. this is what happens with most off-the-shelf "quality" designers nowadays. well most of the good ones died, and you just got greedy corporates hiding behind prestigious (and very dead) names.

With Michael involved, if he has any actual input in to the desings used, which I know he's capable of since he's often had a heavy hand in the design of his own cloths, then I'm sure it would be more innovative.
that would be heaven but somehow i'm doubting the whole story and if it was true, i'd doubt Mike would be so hands-on. but damn, imagine Mike fully committing and injecting his ideas into subtle MJ type designs...
f_smiley.gif

Last edited:
same reason why he jacked Maharishi and Fake London designs? i don't know.. many people have said many things 'on the record' in the past. i see him as a neo-Simon Cowell of fashion. one of many.

U know Christian Audigier is really well known in the the hip-hop clothing designer aspect.

Who knows, maybe Mike will release hip-hop inspired clothing.. Mike is working with Akon, Will.i.am on his album.. Who knows how else they influenced him ;)

Mike be thuggin' it out this time.. lol!

Where is this and when was the Pic taken???:mello:

I think it was around 2003 and it was a Japanese clothing maker Wakita Co., who did men's clothing line, suits and jackets, carrying the Michael Jackson brand.

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson designs a clothes range with Christian Audigier

How skint exactly is the King of Pop? I ask you this because I hear Michael Jackson is adding the term ‘fashion designer’ to his multitude of skills. MJ is working with Ed Hardy and Von Dutch creator Christian Audigier on a full range of clothes. The pair signed the deal over the past few weeks and MJ even turned out to support Christian at his birthday recently with the likes of Britney Spears and Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.

A source out here in LA reveals: “Michael was keen to venture into fashion and loves Christian’s bling clothing of the past. So Christian’s designing the range with Michael - it will include bling gloves, jeans, sweats, hoodies and t-shirts. Everyone involved is very excited - and the range will be available initially all over LA at high end stores.”

Don’t all rush at once!

http://www.deanpiper.com/index.php/2008/05/30/exclusive-michael-jackson-designs-a-clothes-range-with-christian-audigier/http://www.deanpiper.com/index.php/...igns-a-clothes-range-with-christian-audigier/

Hi end....heh? That tells ya right there, these clothes will be expensive! And I am so happy to see the word JEANS in there. I SOOOO want to wear Michael on my ass!

And how do yall know that the Japanese suit line with Wakita failed? I mean just because we don't see the suits here in the states, doesn't mean that they are not being sold in Japan. I mean maybe someone should do some research and find out if the suits are being sold there. You may find that they are. I'm just sayin.

OOOO...I WILL spend $200 on a pair of jeans!! (or shoes) and MJ is the only person/designer I would gladly do it for...

...indeed wear MJ on my ass lol..mmmm

:wild: Jeans..Sweats..Hoodies and T-shirts, all my kind of stuff. Hope it will be available to buy online because if I gotta come to Vegas to buy then they betta have a sale on.
I hope they're going to make this stuff in small sizes like UK 6 otherwise I'm out of luck.

oh no doubt - i took your cheap comment to mean material-wise and thence selling at high prices. this is what happens with most off-the-shelf "quality" designers nowadays. well most of the good ones died, and you just got greedy corporates hiding behind prestigious (and very dead) names.

that would be heaven but somehow i'm doubting the whole story and if it was true, i'd doubt Mike would be so hands-on. but damn, imagine Mike fully committing and injecting his ideas into subtle MJ type designs...
f_smiley.gif

Yeah, I did mean material-wise. Well, we'll see. I'm not in to fashion anyway, lol. But I would buy something Michael put out, yeah, yeah, I'm a typical fan in that sense, haha.

ya, I'm just helping confirm about those pics.. Those are old, back in 2003 when MJ launched Wakita clothing..

P.S. Christian Audigier said "The Michael Jackson Collection"..

That makes it sound like the name brand will be associated with MJ's name also.. Not just designed and put under a created name like.. "WAKITA" back in 2003 that MJ did..

we'll see.. I would like that better than just something with MJ behind it all.. I WANT HIS STAMP on everything.. lol!

bling gloves, jeans, sweats, hoodies and t-shirts

I want me some BLING GLOVES.

Edit: Aww, in LA only? Well then, I'm hoping I can order my bling gloves online.

Last edited:
I hope the gloves match the t-shirt. How cute would that be. And I want some lace and sequins on my gloves....sort of like what Madonna used to wear.

This is so exciting! I guess I should start saving my money in hope that it will be available online.

KOPV said:
P.S. Christian Audigier said "The Michael Jackson Collection"..

That makes it sound like the name brand will be associated with MJ's name also.. Not just designed and put under a created name like.. "WAKITA" back in 2003 that MJ did..

we'll see.. I would like that better than just something with MJ behind it all.. I WANT HIS STAMP on everything.. lol!

so do I, lol. it sounds like he will be involved in the design, or the clothing will at least be visibly influenced by MJs style. guess we'll just have to wait and see......

I dunno if I'd be game for the super-glittery-sequins-all-over-the-place type of stuff lol. But the cardigans and pull over sweaters and stuff might be cool for a retro 80's look. That is, if I could afford that shtuff lol.:smilerolleyes:

Was Audigier the designer for any of the stuff Michael wore in either the Vogue or Ebony photo shoots?

Back