Christmas Present for Michael***Updates on Post 466***

Re: Christmas Present for Michael

I loved this idea. but I am not very good these things do not craft. rsrsrsrsrs but I can try to do something if it is good ...... and in the case of Brazil as we send our material?

I loved this idea. but I am not very good these things do not craft. rsrsrsrsrs but I can try to do something if it is good ...... and in the case of Brazil as we send our material?

When yours is ready send a pm to Shannon so she can send you the address! :)

A few of ya have posted in here that you are working on a square and a few have pm'd me but give me an idea of how many we have working on this please :yes:

"oh boy" what a beautiful project!!!! :cheeky: I cant wait to see it ready!! I soo hope Michael will receive it! Will he? :smilerolleyes:

Well, I'm gonna send him a super mega beautiful and powerful SUPER SOAKER! :upside_down: :lol:

:p

ahahha cool, Fernanda, I bet he will love another one for his collection!! :D

oh and what a great idea! I should get one since its almost summer! :wild:

Im already making my part of the project, Momma! I even dared to use my mom's sewing machine and...uhmm....I know its supposed to be a square, but its not a big deal if it looks more like a trapeze right?? :unsure:

I hope Mike wont mind my bad sewing... :doh:

Wooo!!! I'll start making mine and send it by next weekend Shannon :wild:

It would be awesome if people could take a photo of their square and give us all a sneak peek at what they are doing (might help others with creating theirs too!!)

wwwhhheeee!!! w00t w00t!!

:girl_happy:

dang, I had planned on finishing mine yesterday and send it today, but I had no time for it yesterday...I hope I can finish it today and send it tomorrow...

I'll surely take a pic and post here! :yes:

I have the impression that not many people are participating on this,...is everyone aware of the project??
Maybe it being a sticky thread most people wont see it....I know I hardly look at sticky threads...

Sounds like a nice idea, Michael would love it

dang, I had planned on finishing mine yesterday and send it today, but I had no time for it yesterday...I hope I can finish it today and send it tomorrow...

I'll surely take a pic and post here! :yes:

I have the impression that not many people are participating on this,...is everyone aware of the project??
Maybe it being a sticky thread most people wont see it....I know I hardly look at sticky threads...

We will be working on exposure for the project :yes: and yeah sticky threads aren't always good.

Sounds like a nice idea, Michael would love it

Join in you can make a square too :yes:

what about christmas cards? just asking :)

We aren't doing cards at this time.

oh... just a little question, Shan...is Michael now celebrating Christmas normally?

Well, he didn't celebrate it with me last year so...:unsure:

Guess I can hope for this year :lol:

Oh come on guys! It's not about showing off sewing skills, it's about a beautiful Christmas present for Michael.

We need lots of people to make this otherwise we're gonna fall short, so please, join in.

It doesn't have to be perfect, just from the heart, I doubt Michael would be judging but rather appreciating it.

Ok I have my pattern all made up :)
I created something very sweet for
Michael ,Paris, Prince and Blanket
it will take me a day or two to finish

IDEAS :

I just used an iron on picture_ and will embroider some lettering on it
but you can just use an iron on pic if you cant sew - .and glue some
sequncesor buttons of something to decorate it _ Use indelible markers
or glitter markers _ Like making a card but do it on Material instead of paper

You could cut out a snowman or xmas tree from colored felt and glue
sequnces , buttons or beads to decorate it and then glue the felt to a
10 inch cotton colored square :)

I would guess this will be more like a wall hanging so it doesnt have to
be washable or made to sleep with ...

Last edited:

Wooo!!! I'll start making mine and send it by next weekend Shannon :wild:

It would be awesome if people could take a photo of their square and give us all a sneak peek at what they are doing (might help others with creating theirs too!!)

wwwhhheeee!!! w00t w00t!!

:girl_happy:

Ok this is not finished _ Just my pattern
the full size is 8x8 because my printer paper is only 8.5 wide

I am going to iron it on a 10x10 piece of fabric _ not sure what color yet
I'm going to embroider the gold lettering with shiny gold thread and embroider
the blue lettering with blue thread_ then I am going to put batting behind it and
stitch around the Baby Jesus and manger to make it 3D ..

Ill upload a pic when its done

Xmas_quilt_MJ.jpg

what do you guys think he will do with all of this stuff? He probaly gets stuff all the time. Do you think he even receives it? Do you even know where to send all of this so that he will positively get it?

I hate to be a buzz kill, but I've been sending stuff to Michael Jackson since I was 7 years old and never got a responce

OTOH, I guess I could do a needle point, or something.

Last edited:

We do have access to give this to Michael. And yes, he gets many things from fans. This project takes all those many things that could be sent individually and combines them together to be only one item from many fans. Still special enough to include each fans love and admiration for Michael.

Michael will receive this present and I couldn't really say what he'll do with it but I'm sure it will earn a place especially in his heart :yes:

*over-exaggerated GASP*

did somebody say CHRISTMAS PRESENT??!!?!?!

:newyear:

whoo! come on guys, let's do it :yes:
this is our chance to get a wonderful message to MJ on Christmas!!

I think Im done with mine...but im not too pleased with it...I thought I'd do better than that, I never painted so badly in my life....oh if i could make more than one...if I had coloured felt, would be great...:(

Qbee urs looks beautiful! :yes:

* I'm sorry I have a question that is probably very off topic, but what happened with that book we made for his birthday?? With the pictures of members? I haven't heard anything about that since it was supposed to be send to michael?....

I love the idea for this gift but I don't know if I'll be able to participate this time, will love to see how it turns out though!

I think this is a great idea. First of all, it's one gift from all of us so there's not a bunch of clutter and whatnot for Michael to deal with AND it's a gift from the heart cuz it's homemade for the most part.

I don't know about others, but speaking for myself, I think that if there's a lack of response for this project it's becuz some of us are skeptical about whether Michael will actually get this. It kinda blows when fans spend time and put their heart into a project and it ends up catching dust in someone's closet or basement unsent (for whatever reasons). There have been several projects that were left in limbo or not sent off (as far as I last knew) that were great in thought but Michael has not been able to receive them and enjoy them. Of course, that's not to take away anything from the originator of the idea or project. I just think SOME of us might be more willing to get behind or participate in projects IF we had assurance that Michael would actually get them.

Without giving us any names or whatever, it would be nice to hear that an avenue has been made and someone has agreed to make sure this present gets to him. Maybe if we had reassurance that THIS TIME the gift would get to MJ more people would be inspired to participate. I know I surely would. :floweres: It's a great idea, as the last quilt project was, but great ideas that sit in people's closet and basement catching dust just doesn't move me. Just being honest here. I hope no one takes offense and I'm sure there are some fans who feel the same way.

I need someone's solemn oath and vow that if I spend my time creating this patch (regardless of how raggedy and imperfect if might be cuz I'm not that gifted in the sewing departmetnt :lol:) that it will GET to Michael. I know it's the thought that counts, but it doesn't really count if it's catching dust bunnies in someone's garage, attic.....you know where I'm going with this by now. lol

Just say the magic words ("We promise we have made REAL arrangements with someone who can get this to Michael") and I'm on it. I'm sure other fans who are stalling right now might be inspired as well. :santa:

We do have access to give this to Michael. And yes, he gets many things from fans. This project takes all those many things that could be sent individually and combines them together to be only one item from many fans. Still special enough to include each fans love and admiration for Michael.

Michael will receive this present and I couldn't really say what he'll do with it but I'm sure it will earn a place especially in his heart :yes:

I just want to bring to everyones attention what Shannon said a few posts back.
We are positive that this will get to Michael, even if I have to do the ultimate sacrifice: hand deliver it myself !! :bugeyed

I just want to bring to everyones attention what Shannon said a few posts back.
We are positive that this will get to Michael, even if I have to do the ultimate sacrifice: hand deliver it myself !! :bugeyed

I want her to say in this thread that we have her solemn oath and vow as the originator of this project that everything is set and clear. All we have to do is deliver the patches.

Seriously, if Christmas gets here and there's a bunch of excuses why the present isn't complete (bar enuf patches weren't received) or delivered, the morale for doing these sort of things will just continue to drop.

Shannon, say the magic words, girl. :flowers:

Back