Christmas Present for Michael***Updates on Post 466***

Re: Christmas Present for Michael

i have started mine today :) i can`t wait to send it. hopefully sending 2 weeks before the deadline from Europe will be ok:)

* I'm sorry I have a question that is probably very off topic, but what happened with that book we made for his birthday?? With the pictures of members? I haven't heard anything about that since it was supposed to be send to michael?....

I love the idea for this gift but I don't know if I'll be able to participate this time, will love to see how it turns out though!

The book is complete and will be sent to Michael with the Christmas present. When we started the book we did not have access to Michael's team and didn't know what the outcome would be as it was clearly stated in the book thread. It was decided best to hold onto his copy until the door of communication was opened to us. We now have the ability to deliver both.

I think this is a great idea. First of all, it's one gift from all of us so there's not a bunch of clutter and whatnot for Michael to deal with AND it's a gift from the heart cuz it's homemade for the most part.

I don't know about others, but speaking for myself, I think that if there's a lack of response for this project it's becuz some of us are skeptical about whether Michael will actually get this. It kinda blows when fans spend time and put their heart into a project and it ends up catching dust in someone's closet or basement unsent (for whatever reasons). There have been several projects that were left in limbo or not sent off (as far as I last knew) that were great in thought but Michael has not been able to receive them and enjoy them. Of course, that's not to take away anything from the originator of the idea or project. I just think SOME of us might be more willing to get behind or participate in projects IF we had assurance that Michael would actually get them.

I have already given assurance in this matter.

Without giving us any names or whatever, it would be nice to hear that an avenue has been made and someone has agreed to make sure this present gets to him. Maybe if we had reassurance that THIS TIME the gift would get to MJ more people would be inspired to participate. I know I surely would. :floweres: It's a great idea, as the last quilt project was, but great ideas that sit in people's closet and basement catching dust just doesn't move me. Just being honest here. I hope no one takes offense and I'm sure there are some fans who feel the same way.

I think it's horrible what happened to the other project but then I didn't have a hand in that one. I only tried to save it after it was sent to the obvious wrong person. This is my project and there will be no middle men adding their two cents. I have a direct and honest outcome for my project.

I need someone's solemn oath and vow that if I spend my time creating this patch (regardless of how raggedy and imperfect if might be cuz I'm not that gifted in the sewing departmetnt :lol:) that it will GET to Michael. I know it's the thought that counts, but it doesn't really count if it's catching dust bunnies in someone's garage, attic.....you know where I'm going with this by now. lol

Just say the magic words ("We promise we have made REAL arrangements with someone who can get this to Michael") and I'm on it. I'm sure other fans who are stalling right now might be inspired as well. :santa:

The book and blanket will be delivered directly to Michael at his home in Vegas. There is no other way I can state it plainly. Point blank it will be delivered.

I just want to bring to everyones attention what Shannon said a few posts back.
We are positive that this will get to Michael, even if I have to do the ultimate sacrifice: hand deliver it myself !! :bugeyed

LOL get in line - that's my honor :yes: :lol:

I want her to say in this thread that we have her solemn oath and vow as the originator of this project that everything is set and clear. All we have to do is deliver the patches.

Seriously, if Christmas gets here and there's a bunch of excuses why the present isn't complete (bar enuf patches weren't received) or delivered, the morale for doing these sort of things will just continue to drop.

Shannon, say the magic words, girl. :flowers:

Again, how else can I say it. I've given my word here and it will be done.

Should the participation not be enough those of us making the quilt will accomodate for any missing squres. Though I believe we will be just fine if everyone puts a lil trust in Momma!

Also, to let ya know the center of the quilt will be embroidered with the new logo of MJJC (which will be shown to everyone soon lol ) And I'll have lots of pics of the final quilt once it's complete.

So have no more fears and get moving on those squares I still gotta put em all together!!!!

:clapping:

Thank you, Shannon! :flowers:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i cant wait to see everyones patterns all together.
I just started mine and i think it'll be simple because, well, so are my skills :D
Qbee, you're pattern is so pretty.
Hope you're all havin fun with ur squares!

I remember that quilt as I was a part of it and I helped promote it . I even had artists paint squares for it.

I would love to do it again. I think that is the most beautiful gift anyone could give Michael. Especially when it's all done by hand. Michael loves things done by hand.

So yes I'll get cracking on it right away, dust off my sewing machine and now I got a reason to use some of my material I had sitting around for some time.

Oh where do I send it once I am done?

I remember that quilt as I was a part of it and I helped promote it . I even had artists paint squares for it.

I would love to do it again. I think that is the most beautiful gift anyone could give Michael. Especially when it's all done by hand. Michael loves things done by hand.

So yes I'll get cracking on it right away, dust off my sewing machine and now I got a reason to use some of my material I had sitting around for some time.

Oh where do I send it once I am done?

Hi Maggie,
i am happy you join this project, your works are always sooo beautiful!! :)

after you are ready PM to Shannon and she will give you the addy where to send it (deadline 5th December) ;)

I'll go ahead and post the addy as it's just a po box I've set up :lol:

Send squares too...

Removed

Thanks everyone :yes: This is going to be great :yes:

Last edited:

And guys as of right now ya'll are welcome to do more than one square. If we get an onslaught of members joining in we'll make it double sided :yes:

Thanks Aggie for telling me about this. It's one the most beautiful project any fan can be involved in. Michael always knows we care and that's what make us his special fans.

This afternoon I just did 4 more squares, since Momma told me I could...I made random ones, not specificaly from me...I wrote in one "MJJC", in other "Merry Xmas", "Blanket of love" in another and "Happy Holidays from MJJC Members" in another one, I dunno yet if I'll make more or send these 4 plus mine tomorrow...but I'll surely take pictures and post here! :)

I wanna see how y'all doing yours and how they are turning out! :yes:

Pictures, pictures, pictures! :clapping:

that sounds cool telha :D it brings it all together. im only doing one square though

hey shannon, approximately how many people are contributing so far?

this was the one i made for the other BlanketOfLove back then....with the current one i am not ready yet, as it will be totally different then this one, and takes several days to make.i am just posting this here to give some ideas.This one was actually very easy to make..i just bought this pattern with teddy beards...and painted on it the text and signs:)

blanket-of-love-agi.jpg

very cute, Agnes! :clapping:

post pictures of the one ur doing too! :yes:

Im gonna take some pics of the ones I've done so far now!

this was the one i made for the other BlanketOfLove back then....with the current one i am not ready yet, as it will be totally different then this one, and takes several days to make.i am just posting this here to give some ideas.This one was actually very easy to make..i just bought this pattern with teddy beards...and painted on it the text and signs:)

blanket-of-love-agi.jpg

I remember this. I thought it was totally awesome then and I still do.
Got my things ready for this ...

:wub:

Here are the ones I made so far... the "Happy Holidays" one is not completely done yet, still need some final touches...and my mom just went downtown, if she finds felt Imma make some more! :wild:

Fullview them for details.. ;)

dsc1725ts9.jpg

dsc1726rc8.jpg

This is mine, I painted those christmas candles and the melting part is puffy, made with puffy glue! Looks cooler up close! :D
patchdq5.jpg

Edit: I think Mr. Snowman needs a hat!

aww thank u, Daph! How is urs coming out? :flowers:

err... I'm not sure yet how it's gonna look, I started with one idea and now I feel like doing sth else, so I might change it lol

hurry hurry!! :D

get to work, guys! we have a deadline, and its close! :wild:

Wow Telha, those are amazing!:wild:
It must have been a lot of work to do them. That gold puffy writing is so cool

Thanks, Agnes! ^_^
The one I wrote the poem from me to him took me about 2 days....all the other 4 I did yesterday afternoon while watching an old tape with many documentaries about Mike!

My mom didnt find any felt =/
So I'll make do with what I have left and I think I'll be sending them tomorrow to Momma! :kickass2:

hmmmm a picture of my face on a suare maybe? lol

Wow...the squares posted in here are very creative and cool. I really love the last one, Telha. Very pretty! :flowers:

I'm completely stumped at the mo. eek! Guess I'll roam around the crafts store this weekend and see what speaks to me. :fortuneteller:

Awwww Telha those are CUTE! :wub: and yes Mr Snowman needs a hat or his head will get cold :lol:

great iudea i just hope that there is an andrress to send gifts to this time that works i have quit some friends who had their things all returned and have boxes waiting for a new adress

Back