Did anyone hear the new snippet of a song that supposedly leaked called Soldier Boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree....We shouldn't 'debate' about the vocals in any other section of the forum....But I have every right to say, 'that's not Michael' on these songs, just as a believer has the right to say, 'that is Michael on those songs'....It's an opinion. I can say it if I want, I just won't debate it or argue with anyone other than in the respective thread. I think that's fair, no?

Most people did exactly what you said. They listened to the snippet and stated their opinions. Some people don't believe it's Michael. They said so in their posts. No one is looking for a debate here? Have you seen anyone debating here?

The problem is whenever people expressed their opinions that they don't think it's Michael. They are asked to move to the conspiracy section. If this is not alienation, then what is? What will you feel when you are asked to leave and move whenever you open your mouth, even nothing you said has been disrecpectufl to anyone?

Talking about respect. Do the people who doubt the authenticity deserve no respect? Talking about tolerance. May be the people who keep asking people to go to the conspiracy section should look into the mirror themselves.

I agree with both of you, as usual. ;) hehe
That's exactly the thing, I'm not here to debate about the Cascio's tracks, I just expressed my opinion like everyone else.. but it seems that people cant accept other opinions. That's crazy! People are taking it to far and trying to silence others, just because they don't agree with them.. where is the respect? freedom of speech? Don't like some posts? then skip them! I didn't say anything offensive!

AndreyZidane™;3338810 said:
^^Go to "go advanced" then scroll down to the bottom of the page, and right above the facbook section there should be the "Posting Permissions" section. Click the "Smilies" in "Smilies are On" and you'll get a list of codes for all the smilies. :)
Thank you, Andrey! :happy:

Most people did exactly what you said. They listened to the snippet and stated their opinions. Some people don't believe it's Michael. They said so in their posts. No one is looking for a debate here? Have you seen anyone debating here?

The problem is whenever people expressed their opinions that they don't think it's Michael. They are asked to move to the conspiracy section. If this is not alienation, then what is? What will you feel when you are asked to leave and move whenever you open your mouth, even nothing you said has been disrecpectufl to anyone?

Talking about respect. Do the people who doubt the authenticity deserve no respect? Talking about tolerance. May be the people who keep asking people to go to the conspiracy section should look into the mirror themselves.

Asked by who? KingMikeJ is the only person I've seen calling you "conspiracy theorists", other than yourselves of course.

^^ The point is we're being asked to go to the debate thread when we mention our opinion in this thread (which is about a song which has questionable vocals clearly by the reaction in this thread by some). We're not 'debating' in this thread, we're simply stating our opinion. We don't have intent to start arguments. We have a right to state our opinion in EVERY thread.

I guess, but isn't the hoax a very similar situation? It once had a place in General Discussion until it was moved, going into threads stating your opinion that "Michael is alive" wasn't really permitted. So what's different here?

But I digress...Water is nice.

I guess, but isn't the hoax a very similar situation? It once had a place in General Discussion until it was moved, going into threads stating your opinion that "Michael is alive" wasn't really permitted. So what's different here?

But I digress...Water is nice.

I think it's more a sensitivity issue....Michael's death and whether he's alive or not isn't easy for some to handle, but vocal authenticity isn't on the same level....Either way, if you want to go into detail about either of these issues, go to the respective threads...But simply stating an opinion shouldn't be prohibited.

I digress, too...This isn't the the place to argue over this :)

Last edited:
Smh....

Agree, Arklove, Love Is Magical.. We've got every right to post in here. I think some don't really understand the meaning of the term 'conspiracy', and they instantly brand it off as 'lunacy' or incorrectly define it as 'speculation'. And what's being done in this thread and others like it is neither.

Maybe it's not clear for some, but the accurate definition of conspiracy is:

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/conspiracy

Nothing that's being done here falls into any of the above categories. People simply posted on what they've heard on these snippets, and they haven't heard Michael. Because there's no Michael in them. If the truth is too overbearing or obnoxious for some, this doesn't qualify anyone to sanction others if they're pointing it out. Be that a simple perception only. What does that have to do with conspiracy and the conspiracy forum? Nothing whatsoever.

^^

I agree. The word conspiracy can draw all sorts of assumptions and most of the time I think they're just nonsense. But I don't believe it to be Michael's voice on these songs but I'm not conspiring against anybody. I'm not planning to do anything about it apart from distancing myself from these songs.

If it were Michael singing, I could say I didn't like his voice or even the song so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to question the vocals in this way. I shouldn't have to go to a dedicated thread like it's taboo to mention this kind of thing as I'm not the only one. Plenty of people question these songs and I don't think they should be penned into one thread.

Smh....

Agree, Arklove, Love Is Magical.. We've got every right to post in here. I think some don't really understand the meaning of the term 'conspiracy', and they instantly brand it off as 'lunacy' or incorrectly define it as 'speculation'. And what's being done in this thread and others like it is neither.

Maybe it's not clear for some, but the accurate definition of conspiracy is:

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/conspiracy

Nothing that's being done here falls into any of the above categories. People simply posted on what they've heard on these snippets, and they haven't heard Michael. Because there's no Michael in them. If the truth is too overbearing or obnoxious for some, this doesn't qualify anyone to sanction others if they're pointing it out. Be that a simple perception only. What does that have to do with conspiracy and the conspiracy forum? Nothing whatsoever.

It isn't a fact, which is why it was moved to that section. It was also moved to the section to prevent the issue spilling into other threads, which it was doing. Also to prevent the arguments, saying "That isn't Michael" or "It is Michael" isn't going to do anything except cause more arguing.

Is it so hard for a person to just say "I like the song" or "I don't like it, I don't recognize the voice"? Maybe saying something like that will prevent threads revolving these tracks from turning into war zones.

Asked by who? KingMikeJ is the only person I've seen calling you "conspiracy theorists", other than yourselves of course.

When have you seen me addressing myself as "conspiracy theorist"? Please find a quote of mine which I call myself as such.

As a matter of fact, I'm offended and feel alienated. So, even if KingMikeJ is the only one who asked us to move to the Conspiracy session simply because he/she doesn't want to hear our opinion, it's acceptable to you? It's fine? There is nothing wrong? Isn't one is one too many? What a double-standard you have.

As far as I know, an overwhelming number of fans have doubts on the vocals, post that said "I don't hear Michael", "It's not him" will not go away any time soon. No thread will turn into a war zone if people tolerate such opinion. The doubters deserve as much respect as you do.

And, please, having doubt on the vocal issue is whole not different than believing in Hoax Theory. Michael's death is proven. I have seen a copy of his death certificate and autopsy. Has Sony shown me a copy of the musicologist's analysis?

Gosh... it pains me to type those words.

When have you seen me addressing myself as "conspiracy theorist"? Please find a quote of mine which I call myself as such.

As a matter of fact, I'm offended and feel alienated. So, even if KingMikeJ is the only one who asked us to move to the Conspiracy session simply because he/she doesn't want to hear our opinion, it's acceptable to you? It's fine? There is nothing wrong? Isn't one is one too many? What a double-standard you have.

As far as I know, an overwhelming number of fans have doubts on the vocals, post that said "I don't hear Michael", "It's not him" will not go away any time soon. No thread will turn into a war zone if people tolerate such opinion. The doubters deserve as much respect as you do.

And, please, having doubt on the vocal issue is whole not different than believing in Hoax Theory. Michael's death is proven. I have seen a copy of his death certificate and autopsy. Has Sony shown me a copy of the musicologist's analysis?

Gosh... it pains me to type those words.

Not just you, but others were referring to themselves as that, because they felt insulted the mentioned thread was moved there. I don't think anyone actually referred to you all as "conspiracy theorists", except for the person doing it now. But I may be wrong.

And what I was saying was, personally, I think the sayings "It's not Michael" or "It is Michael" are only the fuel to these heated arguments that some feel is damaging the community. People become offended by that, because it's almost like telling someone they're opinion isn't valid, you may interpret it as one way, but someone may take it differently, and judging from the Cascio thread, not everyone can tolerate each other's opinion's. I think it's fine to say things like that in the respective thread, but to keep the stability on other parts of the forum, I personally think we all should think about what we say before we say it. No offense to you nor anyone else, but like I said in the previous post, can't we all just find different words to voice our opinion in threads like these to prevent these arguments from happening?

Anyway...Soldier Boy doesn't sound so great, IMO. If I were to judge by snippets, it'd be one of the worst I've heard. Hopefully a full version comes out, see if my opinion changes.

Last edited:
And what I was saying was, personally, I think the sayings "It's not Michael" or "It is Michael" are only the fuel to these heated arguments that some feel is damaging the community.

Well, you're wrong, because people are simply saying or explaining what they're hearing and whether they like or not. How can it be possible to only say you like the respective snippet or song or not if it's not Michael that's in it? Maybe the thread's title should be, 'Snippets of Songs, doesn't matter if it's Michael or not, don't say that, except Like it or Not'. ... That's really crazy, sorry.

People become offended by that, because it's almost like telling someone they're opinion isn't valid, you may interpret it as one way, but someone may take it differently, and judging from the Cascio thread, not everyone can tolerate each other's opinion's.

This is not a Cascio Thread, this is a discussion about the new snippets of some songs, and whether Michael is in them or not is just very natural to discuss, as this is who people are expecting to hear. If they can't hear him, they have a right to say it just like those that hear him. We don't need to take a hike from this thread and be silenced, when it's just very relevant what some of us are expressing simply.

I think it's fine to say things like that in the respective thread, but to keep the stability on other parts of the forum, I personally think we all should think about what we say before we say it. No offense to you nor anyone else, but like I said in the previous post, can't we all just find different words to voice our opinion in threads like these to prevent these arguments from happening?

For one, I've stopped visiting/posting in the 'Michael' thread for months now, I don't know what's happening in it anymore. And quite frankly, I'm not sure what different words some of us could find to reduce our sincerity, for that's what happens. ... We've been burned too many times and in all these times a lesson was learned. .. Or it just so happens that Michael's voice is that kind of voice that it can't be mistaken for another one, no matter how drowned by voice programs it is, and that's instantly noticed by some. ...

Well, you're wrong, because people are simply saying or explaining what they're hearing and whether they like or not. How can it be possible to only say you like the respective snippet or song or not if it's not Michael that's in it? Maybe the thread's title should be, 'Snippets of Songs, doesn't matter if it's Michael or not, don't say that, except Like it or Not'. ... That's really crazy, sorry.

This is not a Cascio Thread, this is a discussion about the new snippets of some songs, and whether Michael is in them or not is just very natural to discuss, as this is who people are expecting to hear. If they can't hear him, they have a right to say it just like those that hear him. We don't need to take a hike from this thread and be silenced, when it's just very relevant what some of us are expressing simply.

Exactly!

The problem is thay are marketing these songs as Michael Jackson songs. We are, in fact, on a Michael Jackson forum. We are supposed to give our opinions on a Michael Jackson song. If one can't hear Michael Jackson, one of course would voice out. Unless a disclaimer like the one you wrote is put out on the title of the thread.

For one, I've stopped visiting/posting in the 'Michael' thread for months now, I don't know what's happening in it anymore. And quite frankly, I'm not sure what different words some of us could find to reduce our sincerity, for that's what happens. ... We've been burned too many times and in all these times a lesson was learned. .. Or it just so happens that Michael's voice is that kind of voice that it can't be mistaken for another one, no matter how drowned by voice programs it is, and that's instantly noticed by some. ...

Examples of Michael's voice being processed or autotuned, but still instantly recognizable - parts in Your Rock My World and Threatened.

Not just you, but others were referring to themselves as that, because they felt insulted the mentioned thread was moved there. I don't think anyone actually referred to you all as "conspiracy theorists", except for the person doing it now. But I may be wrong.

No one may call me conspiracy therist literally. However, the act of asking people to leave and move to the section where they belong is an act of segregation and alienation. By saying this therad is not the place I belong, the person has already labelled me a conspiracy theorist implicitly.

And what I was saying was, personally, I think the sayings "It's not Michael" or "It is Michael" are only the fuel to these heated arguments that some feel is damaging the community. People become offended by that, because it's almost like telling someone they're opinion isn't valid, you may interpret it as one way, but someone may take it differently, and judging from the Cascio thread, not everyone can tolerate each other's opinion's. I think it's fine to say things like that in the respective thread, but to keep the stability on other parts of the forum, I personally think we all should think about what we say before we say it. No offense to you nor anyone else, but like I said in the previous post, can't we all just find different words to voice our opinion in threads like these to prevent these arguments from happening?

Why haven't you preach to the people who said "It is Michael." before? According to you, saying "It is Michael." can also fuel to the heated argument.

So, saying it isn't Michael could invalidate other's opinon. But, saying it's Michael is okay??? Isn't it hypocritical?

Life is indeed full of ironies.

Anyway...Soldier Boy doesn't sound so great, IMO. If I were to judge by snippets, it'd be one of the worst I've heard. Hopefully a full version comes out, see if my opinion changes.

Anyway, Soulja Boy is horrible.

Bottom line is....I'm gonna say 'this isn't Michael'....a believer will say, 'this is Michael'....If we want to fight about it, I'd say, 'Let's take it outside, yo!'

(or at least to the debate thread) ;)

Regarding "Soldier Boy", I can't really comment. Part of me hears Michael, but part hears Malachi. "Water", however, is Michael, IMO.

If someone has the second snippet of Soldier Boy that leaked, the one with the chorus, please PM me. I would be very thankful.

I haven't heard Soldier Boy or Water...if anyone has it can you please PM me. Thank you so much!

No one may call me conspiracy therist literally. However, the act of asking people to leave and move to the section where they belong is an act of segregation and alienation. By saying this therad is not the place I belong, the person has already labelled me a conspiracy theorist implicitly.

Why haven't you preach to the people who said "It is Michael." before? According to you, saying "It is Michael." can also fuel to the heated argument.

So, saying it isn't Michael could invalidate other's opinon. But, saying it's Michael is okay??? Isn't it hypocritical?

Life is indeed full of ironies.

Anyway, Soulja Boy is horrible.

Where did I say that? It's pretty evident in that post I was referring to both sayings and not just one side, in fact I said both sides should use a better choice of wording in these type of threads to prevent the arguments, in threads where it's not wanted. I even gave two examples not for one side, but for both. So there's no further misunderstanding, I personally don't think, "It is Michael" or "It isn't Michael" are very effective ways to keep arguments from occurring.

Where did I say that? It's pretty evident in that post I was referring to both sayings and not just one side, in fact I said both sides should use a better choice of wording in these type of threads to prevent the arguments, in threads where it's not wanted. I even gave two examples not for one side, but for both. So there's no further misunderstanding, I personally don't think, "It is Michael" or "It isn't Michael" are very effective ways to keep arguments from occurring.

I hope you bookmark this post of yours and quote it next time you see people saying "This Is Michael". Preach it!

Have all of the song clips been taken down or does anyone have a link they can send me that still works?

Well, all I have to say, I heard it, and I really liked it, unfortunately the link I got I couldn't download and it is no longer in YT, so sadly I cannot listen to it again. Hopefully one day I'll get to hear the complete song, but not in the next "unreleased songs" cd. I am sick and tired of all the arguments it gets really old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back