Disney Land

clairedelune777

Proud Member
My dream in life, is to go to Disney Land. I know that is kinda sad becuase i am no longer a kid - but it is still my dream!

Have any of you guys been there? What is the best thing that you did?
Did you go on any rollercoasters? Which ones were the best?
I wonder why some adults love it so much?

Sadly I've never been to Disneyland.. yet. But I'll keep my fingers crossed someday I will :happy:

The best part in amusement parks is that you don't have to be a kid to have fun there. I always scream my lungs out in different rollercoaster rides and I let my inner kid out totally. Well I have a huge fear of hights and I become sick quite easily so those restricts my "fun" a little bit.. but who cares, Im always the one who goes throught all the games and prizes, mirrorhouses and so on :lol:

Literally Disneyland is my HOME. I have been going there ever since my parents took me out of the hospital. I know the whole park inside and out. I would have to say my favorite ride was Captain EO until they took it out. So right now it would have to be Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Caribbean. The best Roller coaster is Big Thunder Mountain. Next would be Sace Mountain, then the Matterhorn.
If you ever go there watch Fantasmic, and the fireworks display. Eat their Cotton Candy, and Frozen Bananas soooooo good.

Plus I am 23 and I love Disneyland, no matter what age I am. My dream is to go to Disneyworld some day hehehe. So an amusement park is fun for any age.

aw i only went to Disney World...im obsessed with the tea cups there..i love making myself dizzy i guess, but my favorite ride is the Tower of Terror ..omg i went more than 3 times.. i had no time for rollercoaters..i was too obsessed with this ride. the indiana jones show was neat there too.

whats funny is im told Disney world is better than Disney Land whenever i bring up the Land one to folks...but i still want to go there since it was the original and maybe because i love california too : D i hope i can go next year..we'll see.

My dream in life, is to go to Disney Land. I know that is kinda sad becuase i am no longer a kid
I wonder why some adults love it so much?

the original idea he had was a place both kids and adults to enjoy..it was never only for the kids. all hail Mr. Disney :bow:

I've been to Disney WORLD...and everything people say about placess like that is true..it is SO MAGICAL. No wonder MJ loves it there. I had a blast. Space Mountain is my fav, i went on that one a miiiiilllion times.

And then it'll have to be the Tower of Terror...that ride scared the ISH out of me, and i dont scare easily :lol: I was shaking a lot afterwards :lol: Rockin Rollercoaster was HELLA FUN! Not just cuz i love Aerosmith :lol:

I also went to Islands of Adventure too and thaat was SWEET FUN! The Spiderman and The Mummy rides were the best. The MIB ride was awesome too because it had a super cool (true-blue to the movies!) set.

I won a 'bonnie baby' competition and the prize was a trip to Disneyland!

But I was only 2 or 3 years old, so I don't remember it :(

Disneyland is my heart and soul. I looove that place...and I'm 23 years old. I yearn to go there all the time...I sit and fantasize about it. :lol:

I haven't been to Disneyworld yet and I do hear it's better but I don't know how I'll feel about the size...isn't it so much huger than Disneyland?

My favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean. It's amazing!!

Ahhh, now I wanna go...I haven't been there in a year!

The only thing that takes away from the absolute magic are the damn prices. The food, beverages, snacks, not to mention the admission ticket. :(

DisneyWORLD is much much bigger than Disneyland..

Lets just say, if u want to u can see all Disneyland in the same day..

But Disneyworld would take days..

HAS SO MUCH MORE!!

I had ONE day to do what I wanted in Florida, and I desided NOT to go to Disneyworld simply because I saw that map and knew I would only get to see A LITTLE part of it.. And did not want to only see a part.. So I went to Universal Studios Florida instead

Last edited:
I was in Paris for 2 days, so saturday I was in Disneyland and it was funnn! Those 3D-movies are fun too, it's like youre IN it :lol:

Disney World is such a special place-that's how I feel anyway. It's a place where anyone no matter who they are or what age they are can dress up in fairywings, mickey ears or have a sword fight in the middle of the street without anyone looking at them funny. Instead they are thinking how great is it to see people having abit of fun. I think that's why adults love it as much as children. Also the sight of small child seeing their favourite characters for the first time and being completely starstuck and smiling gives you one of the greatest feelings-that's what my parents say anyway but the characters interact with guests so well that you feel like they are real for a few moments. Disney is a world of it's own, I feel when I'm in the park as if nothing else matters as it is so easy to forget about the outside world. One of my favourite places on earth. I think people who love the films and just like going on rides and finding their childlike side lol enjoy going there. I know at least for Disney World, it is a place you can go back to because I think it would take you about a month to do absolutely everything-i mean it has 4 large themeparks, a shopping area, 2 water parks, golf courses and hotels of different themes which give you different experiences. I think it's great how the whole atmosphere is created, the design and how the idea all started with the man- Walt Disney. 1 thing I do regret though is I never managed to do ride Captain EO i think when i first went when I was 4, Captain EO had just closed I'm not sure though. Disney is something I think I could talk forever about so I think I'd better stop now lol

I've been to Disneyland in Paris but I was only 5 years so I don't remember that much and I definately didn't go on any Rollercoasters:)
These things I still remember:
I've been in a Peterpan thing with flying boats or something.
There was a cool maze
I've seen a lot of Disney-caracters in the parade and I have a picture of me with some of them.
I've seen Captain EO in 3D! I thought it was great but my sister (who is 2 years older then me) was really scared of the witch and she didn't want to use those special glasses because she was too afraid. I tried to catch those little flying things:lol:
There were cowboys on the wall of the hotel.
We went to the Buffalo-Bill show and we ate something called chilli con-carne (or something like that...)
I got a pocahontas-watch!!!

Been to Disneyworld, and my fav moment was Space Mountain, by far... soooo cool...

I was relatlvely small at the time; got my first camera though, and was snapping pics lol

I remember a parade; floats with all the Disney characters...

But yeah, SPACE MOUNTAIN! lol

I think Disney World is also more appealing to go to because it's in Orlando where a bunch of other cool stuff for the imagination is. California has Hollywood, but that's not really all that magical lol.

Man, I need to go to Disney World again. Maybe my memory's biased because I was little, but it really is... magical.

I went to DisneyLand Paris in 2005, and I felt....I don't know...a little disappointed?! :unsure: Like I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

But there were some cool rides especially the Indiana Jones one and Space Mountain was scary! :woohoo:

I went to DisneyLand Paris in 2005, and I felt....I don't know...a little disappointed?! :unsure: Like I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

But there were some cool rides especially the Indiana Jones one and Space Mountain was scary! :woohoo:
Well if you're looking for thrill rides...Disney isn't really the place to be (even though they do have a few). Magic Mountain is your place if you want scary thrill rides. :)

I dunno, the rides weren't SCARY, but they were hella fun.

Tower of Terror though....UNBELIEVABLY scary. The Giant Drop at Six flags has nothing on that ride lol

there was one ride, i forgot what it was called, but its like you're in a test car. And their testing the car while you're in it. So you go through all these obstacles, like heat, and ice, and lots of hills and potholes lol....and then you get to the SAFTY test :lol: Scared the ish out me....the track stops and you're facing a BRICK WALL :lol: And literally the track rams right into it but like a MILLISECOND before it does, the wall lifts up and you're outside (most of the ride was inside)! And then the ride goes super oober fast after that. I LOVED it.

Last edited:
^it's called Test Track. I haven't been on it but I'm looking forward to going on it-everyone else went on it but I was younger and more scared lol Didn't fancy being a crash dummy. I love thunder mountain railroad and pirates of the caribbean. Apparently I made my family sit through "It's a small world" about 20 times when I was little- they still haven't forgiven me lol

Keep The Faith You'll get there some day....

I have been to Disneyland once and Disneyworld Florida three times. (Its been a few years though) I think Disneyworld in Florida is way better than Disneyland in California. I could spend weeks in Disneyworld...

My favorite is the Cinderella story, all though I enjoy Winnie the Pooh and Tiger too~~~Giggles

Last edited:
Well if you're looking for thrill rides...Disney isn't really the place to be (even though they do have a few). Magic Mountain is your place if you want scary thrill rides. :)

haha

Maybe I should have said the reason I thought Space Mountain was scary was because there were instances where I felt like I was about to get thrown off my seat! (literally!) :laugh: I couldn't even keep my eyes open and enjoy the whole "shooting out into space" sequence I was so scared!

Oh well. Maybe I will visit another Disney theme park someday and get to really experience being a kid and really feeling joyous at being there, which somehow I didn't feel in DisneyLand Paris.

haha

Maybe I should have said the reason I thought Space Mountain was scary was because there were instances where I felt like I was about to get thrown off my seat! (literally!) :laugh: I couldn't even keep my eyes open and enjoy the whole "shooting out into space" sequence I was so scared!

Oh well. Maybe I will visit another Disney theme park someday and get to really experience being a kid and really feeling joyous at being there, which somehow I didn't feel in DisneyLand Paris.

OMG Space Mountain! Scary stuff :tease: I was just like 11-12 when i was in Disneyland Paris, and i remember keeping my eyes closed as well through the whole ride...and at the end my dad told me how was it all inside :lol: I thought in the queue that they just shoot us in the air, and that is all (that is what was visible from outside) - i was not prepared for the scary ride that came after that :D

and i can not believe i missed out Captain EO when i was there..since i was not a fan yet :(

Last edited:
it's a place of horrors IMO. parents bringing their two wk old babies, cluttering the place w/ strollers and pink ass babies, long lines, expensive food, and spoiled rotten loud ass bad behaving children.

if i could go on an adult only day it'd be rad. best ride ever is indy. worst is a tie between pirates of teh c. and small world which would send any normal person into an immediate seizure after three minutes.

tomorrow land is my fave....but unfortunately every time i go, there's a ride malfunction and it always happens when im right next to go on the ride....waiting for three hrs then being told there's another two hr wait to fix teh ride is never fun.

and the peter pan ride is never working when im there. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

by Carlye Wisel | Mar 12, 2020 | Vox

When a pandemic sweeps the globe, making large gatherings of people incredibly dangerous, how does the Walt Disney Company respond? At first, with copious amounts of Purell, but as of March 12, the operators of the world’s largest theme parks announced that California’s Disneyland would close on March 14 for only the fourth time since it opened in 1955.

Earlier in the day, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced that Disneyland was exempt from a general order limiting groups of 250 or more people, citing the situation as “complex” and “unique.” However, by early afternoon, the company issued a statement saying:

While there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at Disneyland Resort, after carefully reviewing the guidelines of the Governor of California’s executive order and in the best interest of our guests and employees, we are proceeding with the closure of Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, beginning the morning of March 14 through the end of the month.

Governor Newsom’s office also issued a statement, saying: Late last night, California put out a new policy on mass gatherings and engaged in deep conversations with Disney and other companies about how to meet it. Using that policy, Disney made the right call in the interest of public health and agreed to shut down their California parks. Expect more announcements like this shortly.

The company is currently making decisions on a park-by-park basis. Walt Disney World Resort in Florida says it is monitoring the situation closely but remains open to the public with enhanced safety precautions in place.

Disneyland is not by any means the first Disney theme park to close. The company closed Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland in succession on January 25 and 26 to contain the spread of Covid-19, as the danger of the virus and the disease it causes quickly became clear, and both have remained closed since. However, Shanghai’s Disneytown, the outdoor mall attached to the park, began welcoming guests this week — 45 days into the closures — in what could be an optimistic sign. As “the first step of a phased reopening,” as reported by CNN, the mall is allowing guests to visit specific locations after undergoing temperature screenings, requiring them to wear masks throughout and present health records when entering a dining area. But, even as promotional videos of furry characters play on social media, the rides stand still.

When Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzo requested to postpone large gatherings for two weeks last month, Tokyo Disney Resort announced it would close temporarily starting February 29. This past Monday, March 9, the park extended that closure through early April — pushing the opening of its new Beauty and the Beast ride and Fantasyland expansion at least one month later than intended. Its hotels remain open but with limited services, as character dining with Mickey Mouse and gift shops remain closed and buffets have been amended to table-service dining.

Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea — a locale that many theme park aficionados consider the holy grail — closed for 34 and 47 days, respectively, following the 2011 Tōhoku tsunami and earthquake, a threshold that could be exceeded if the closure lasts past April 15. A new opening date has not yet been announced, but Universal Studios Japan, located a few hours away in Osaka, has extended through March 22 with the possibility of being pushed further, a far shorter window than Disney’s park.

Disneyland Paris, the most-visited location in France, also remains open, despite three employees having tested positive for coronavirus. The staff worked “backstage,” the company term for not guest-facing, and are confirmed not to have had contact with guests, according to the Financial Times.

On Thursday, in an effort to enhance safety protocol, the Paris park announced a temporary suspension of parades and a large portion of its in-park entertainment through mid-April, and has limited capacity within lines, theaters, and larger indoor restaurants. Disneyland Paris has also apparently restricted face-to-face contact with Disney princesses, replacing them with Mickey and Minnie — whose costumes don’t expose the performers’ faces — at character meals and shuttering their meet-and-greet location in favor of a parade-style cavalcade, performed at a distance.

With the majority of Disney’s theme park portfolio on pause, it’s worth noting that domestic resorts like Disneyland and Walt Disney World are closer to home in ways less obvious, too. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Shanghai Disney Resort both serve as a joint venture between the Walt Disney Company and local government — which owns the majority share — while Tokyo Disney Resort is overseen by the Oriental Land Company, a Japanese business that owns and operates the resort. Disneyland and Walt Disney World, however, are singularly owned. (The Walt Disney Company also regained ownership of Disneyland Paris back in 2017.)

For a fantasy-filled destination whose brand is “the happiest place on earth” — open 365 days a year, come Floridian rain or humid shine, on all major holidays — theme park fans are watching and watching Walt Disney World to see what happens next.
Historically, Disney World and Disneyland have only closed for impending natural disasters or in the wake of a national tragedy (like 9/11 or JFK’s death); while other businesses may close up shop for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, here, it’s the busiest days of the year. (It’s worth noting that both of Disney’s Chinese theme parks closed days before Lunar New Year — which typically sees a boom in park attendance.)

The Florida theme park resort is still functioning normally, with standard safety precautions like increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces and recommended hand-washing procedures for safety and contamination amid the pandemic. The California park was open until March 12, using the same precautions. Antibacterial hand gel dispensers have been placed in key locations throughout Disney World, and earlier this week, the park added mobile hand-washing stations. (If that sounds too minimal, remember: The viral video of that kid licking a pole? It’s taken inside Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland.)

According to Travel Pulse, US Disney parks went as far as to add hand sanitizing and Covid-19 information locations to its virtual resort maps within the Disneyland and Walt Disney World apps — a prominent and worthwhile addition, given that both are used frequently throughout the day for entertainment schedules and FastPass ride return time reservations.

Disney Cruise Line — yes, the mouse has his own fleet — is still in service despite warnings from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but with enhanced measures. No guest or crew member who has traveled from, to, or through China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, or Japan or has had contact with anyone from those regions, including connecting flights, are able to board.
All eyes are on the Magic Kingdom, a cultural beacon of our current state and predicament, as Florida reports more than 30 confirmed Covid-19 cases.

As preventive measures ramp up within the parks, crowds don’t seem to have taken too much of a downturn. According to guests of the Florida resort, and per attraction wait times, there are still plenty of people in the parks — likely a result of Disney’s new Star Wars attraction that requires a first-come, first-served “boarding pass” to ride, and its first Mickey Mouse ride, which opened just last week. The New York Times reported that Disney-affiliated companies had seen “business as usual,” with one park-goer saying, “If I’m going to get sick and die, I might as well do it at Disney World.”

That attitude seems to be changing, though. Even before Disneyland’s closure, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland resort began to offer temporary adjustments to package deals, waiving the $50 change fee for guests who have purchased theme park admission and a hotel room as a bundle. For Disney World guests, package bookings can be delayed to later in 2020, as the Orlando Sentinel reports cancellation fees will not be waived; individual Walt Disney World hotel booking guidelines and ticket policies remain intact.

For Disneyland guests, the company pledged in its statement to work with guests “who wish to change or cancel their visits, and will provide refunds to those who have hotel bookings during this closure period.” With travel increasingly discouraged, and more and more reactions and shutdowns from the entertainment industry, there could be further changes in the coming days.

Disney Parks are, after all, an escape, but the severity of the pandemic continues to grow.

Back