Do you feel like you are close to Michael?

It's weird, I feel like he connects to us when we watch one of his videos or listen to his songs... I know I would totally spas out if I had ever met him in person, but I also kinda feel I could talk to Michael like my oldest friend...

It's weird, I feel like he connects to us when we watch one of his videos or listen to his songs... I know I would totally spas out if I had ever met him in person, but I also kinda feel I could talk to Michael like my oldest friend...

I really feel that when I watch one of his videos, or concerts, or whatever, I'd like to think that there are fans watching the same thing at the same time, and Michael is watching us from up above, happy that we're enjoying the gifts he has given us...There is definitely a connection there..Quite magical.

Absolutely I feel close to Michael. Especially since I have always consider Michael as my father. I never not even once had a loving father in my life. Michael was the loving father I never had. Michael has always been there for me in some way. My real father never not even once was there for me. It is one of the reasons why I have cut him out of my life for good almost 9 years ago. Plus Michael was the only person in my life that I had looked up to. Especially since we both have a skin disorder. And have people around you not understand our skin disorder.

There is a lot of music I like to listen to, but I don't have the emotional connection to any other artist except Michael. Part of it is probarbly that so much of his music, (especially the later albums) is so autobiographical. It's funny in a way that he would see himself as a shy private person. Yet in his music he opened his heart and lets you in. I think that's what makes the connection. He makes it, he takes that step without holding anything back.

No. Although maybe there was a time when yes I did.....

Ummm when im in a good mood yes, when im inspired most of the time yes, when im sad i'm selfdestructive, i think Michael had a little of it, but im not sure, well yes he had it, but he was a GENIUS which im not, but i do feel close to Michael yes, i always did since i got to know his music, his genius in 2001.

There is a lot of music I like to listen to, but I don't have the emotional connection to any other artist except Michael. Part of it is probarbly that so much of his music, (especially the later albums) is so autobiographical. It's funny in a way that he would see himself as a shy private person. Yet in his music he opened his heart and lets you in. I think that's what makes the connection. He makes it, he takes that step without holding anything back.
yeah i feel the same, i felt music since i was born, but when i discovered Michael, i dont know it felt like i discovered perfection, i connected like so naturally, weird, it didnt happened with any other musicians

Definitely.
He feels...like a part of me...which is a big reason why his death hit me so hard. It felt like I lost a part of me. It's interesting...how I feel connected with Michael. He feels like a brother, father, best friend, lover, and a part of myself all wrapped in one. That probably sounds kind of gross...LOL...but it's more about a feeling of connectedness in every way possible I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Michael- I want to say thank you. All these years You've always been by my side. You've been my rock. You've been my hiding place. You've been my shelter. You've always been a part of my life. I don't remember not loving you. No moment- no word- no movement- no word stands out as the moment my heart was forever linked with yours. My soul formed a bond that can never be broken. Your smile still makes me blush with the rush of first loves butterflies. My heart skips a beat with every move your body makes as you become the music.. You take my breath away with every whisper or shout of love. A wink or a nod stops the flow of tears. A sigh or scream lets me know you feel my pain. I've laughed and cried with you. Felt your joy and sorrow. Stood in the sun and the rain. Felt your hand in mine. Put my hand in yours. Willed my soul to join yours. Gave you my heart. Never asking anything in return. For you have always freely given both.
Now I stand alone. My heart and soul empty shadows of what they once were. At some point I gave way to us. I stopped just being me. You became a part of my breathing, walking, talking, my heart, and soul. My smile has dimmed. My feet do not dance with magic. My heart does not sing with a song of love. My soul does not feel yours any more.
I must remember: this bond is not broken with death, for it was not made with life. I just need listen to your songs or watch you give over to the music to feel the bond between us, to feel your heart and soul still joined to mine.
Thank you always for the love, magic, and laughter!! Love, Trista

That's how I've always felt about him.
I have a special bond that goes back to the age of 10.
I will be 26 Tuesday.
I have no plans to celebrate it this year.
Just too hard.
We all must feel some kind of bond or love for him or we wouldn't be here.

I wanna say what some other members said too - He's a part of me.

:cry: :wub:

I wanna say what some other members said too - He's a part of me.

:cry: :wub:

I realized a few weeks back how amazing it actually is that we feel this way, like Michael's a part of us. Because that way even though he's no longer physically here with us, he still lives on in each and every one of who was moved by his music or his persona some way. Michael's a part of who we are and he'll still be there, in our hearts and souls. :)

Yes totally, I always thought a lot in common with him, the way of being, thinking, I admire the station Thriller, what I would do was to have had the opportunity to meet him, get close to him asking how he is and I would be my friend today, he is more present than ever in my life every day in my mind and heart, very close to it, will last forever and never forgotten

I think a lot of people feel close to him without even being fans, I know my parents for some reason consider him like a part of our family, and they don't really listen to his music that much.
I have plenty of friends who were crushed when he died and they were never really his fans, still arent, but they always cared about him and felt for him none the less.

There's just something about Michael that makes you feel like you know him I guess. :)

Absolutely. I may not have felt like I knew him the way I know my best friend, but over the years he really became "another part of me" and when he was taken from us, it felt like that part of me had left me forever. That's probably one reason why it's so difficult to handle the fact that he's no longer here, 'cause you have to learn to say goodbye to a person who not only was a genius artist, but also someone who was so instrumental in making you who you are as a person.

Couldnt have phrased it better :yes:

There are some things I felt I have always understood about Michael Jackson, we seem to think alike in some ways and so many of the things Michael did that make people wonder, don't make me wonder because I know I'd have done many of the same and some of those things I did. I don't know if Michael considered himself to have been 'reliving' his childhood, but I did that in 1979. It was interesting because one thing I didn't bargain for was by the time i was in my early 20s, I wasn't really interested in anything others my age group were. My mind was running a completely different way *sigh* go figure.

Nice topic :flowers:

yes and it did help that Michael always said he loves ALL his fans in every corner in the world which means he loved me back!

and it means so much.
and no words will ever explain how much I love him.

i feel him even closer then when he was alive!strange,no?but now i know he is an angel and he is watching us all the time!but i miss him so much sometimes and a lot of times i can't get how God took someone so sweet and full of life...and after that i understand that he probably needs good people in heaven...
we didn't need to meet Michael to feel close,he had a special relationship with his fans:)

I've never had the chance to meet this wonderful human being. So unfortunately in a technical way I'm not "close" to him at all. However watching someone practically grow up in front of your eyes from a little boy to a grown man. And then listening to all his personal thoughts and feelings via song and poem it really makes me feel like I actually knew him. It makes me feel like I'm that much closer to him and more apart of his life.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
I feel the same.

Yes I feel close to Michael. I always have and I always will. Losing him wasn't like losing a much loved member of my family, it was losing a much loved member of my family.

Yes, I do feel close to Michael. I feel like we're kindred spirits. He is a part of my soul and he will always be with me.

i always felt like he was my brother. and now, that he has left, i feel like he is Obi Wan Kenobi. it's as if striking him down, has made him more powerful in my life, than ever. i just wanted someone in my life, who would simply do the right thing, and influence me that way. and for it to be in the music industry and in life. MJ was that person. in the music industry. and, in life.

Last edited:
Back