Elizabeth Taylor Rushed to hospital [Reports]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorraine

Proud Member
Country
United-Kingdom
As Michael's closest friend, I feel this should be posted here.

Not sure how true these reports are, But I am praying things aren't as bad as being reported :(

___

ELIZABETH Taylor has been rushed to hospital suffering intense abdominal pain and is now in a critical condition, surrounded by her family, reports say.
The National Enquirer and Showbiz Spy report the 78-year-old screen legend began experiencing discomfort on Tuesday, and is now fighting for her life in the Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Doctors reportedly suspect she is suffering internal bleeding and sources are quoted as describing her as "very sick".
Taylor has battled poor health for years and is frequently seen in a wheelchair when in public.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/enter...to-death-reports/story-e6freqex-1226004532427

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Rushed to hostpital [Reports]

I hope that she gets better. although the way that's written doesn't make it sound very promising for a quick and as if nothing ever happened recovery.

oh my god, I hope she's ok!!!

found this on ABC.com^

Elizabeth Taylor's publicist is denying a tabloid report that the screen legend was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital Thursday evening with intense abdominal pain.

"Ms. Taylor was hoping to attend the 25th Anniversary event of AmFAR last night [Wednesday] where she was honored by the organization," read an e-mail to ABC News late Thursday on behalf of Sally Morrison, Taylor's publicist. "Unfortunately, the combination of the unstable weather conditions and the fact that she was feeling under the weather forced her to make the decision not to travel. A message from Elizabeth was released at the AmFAR event last night.
"It seems that the combination of her non attendance last night, combined with the fact she was photographed last week leaving her dentist's office in a wheelchair, has caused a lot of negative speculation," the statement added. "Thanks for your concern."
Taylor, 78, a two-time Academy Award-winning actress who in later life became notorious for her multiple marriages and sometimes eccentric behavior, has reported health problems in recent years and appeared frail in public appearances.

However, she was well enough to have a conversation with reality star Kim Kardashian that has been published in Harper's Bazaar. In fact, on Wednesday, Taylor touted the newly published article on her Twitter feed.
"Our interview in Bazaar came out!" she wrote. "You look like a princess in Egyptian robes, love!"
In the interview, she talked about her love life, her iconic roles and her jewels.
"I never planned to acquire a lot of jewels or a lot of husbands," Taylor said. "I have been supremely lucky in my life in that I have known great love, and of course, I am the temporary custodian of some incredible and beautiful things."

Taylor also mused about one of her seven former husbands, actor Richard Burton.
"It was inevitable that we would be married again, but it's not up for discussion," she said.
Taylor reported in October 2009 that she was having a heart procedure done. Via Twitter, she said it was "very new and involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device, without open heart surgery so that my heart will function better."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...h-scare-report-raises-alarm/story?id=12889898

^^^Thanks for the update. Stories have been circulating for the last week on her and she has been looking very frail in photos. Big sigh of relief that she's okay.

So shes ok?

I hope eveything is ok and that she is fine.

Could someone change the title to this thread so it doesn't lead to other members panicking and then having a sigh of relief as they read down, so glad these reports are false, everytime I hear about Elizabeth Taylor I laugh and remember "It's the spirrritt of christttttttmaaaaaaaaaaaas coming to haaaunnnt yoooooooooouuuuu".

everytime I hear about Elizabeth Taylor I laugh and remember "It's the spirrritt of christttttttmaaaaaaaaaaaas coming to haaaunnnt yoooooooooouuuuu".
I have the same :lol:

To be honest I don't think ms Taylor is going to make it to 2012, but I do hope for the best and wish her all the health and happiness. To me she is one of the very few Hollywood legends that are still around and I really admire her.

i hope she is fine but this tabloid media is always talking about her failing health.smh:no:

It sure makes tabloids so desperate for their next big shocking headline.

I hope she will be okay. ... If not... I hope she won't be suffering for long, suffering is unlivable often. ..

She seems fine now.

Why? Anyway, I don't know if I have to feel sorry for her or envy her, sorry :doh: :lol:
...because her health has been bad for ages.

So glad this turned out to be false. Tabloids are so desperate. Michael certainly isn't ready to have Liz join him yet.

ELIZABETH Taylor has been rushed to hospital suffering intense abdominal pain and is now in a critical condition, surrounded by her family, reports say.

The National Enquirer

I stopped reading after "The National Enquirer," because they have had Ms. Taylor on her "deathbed," surrounded by her family, for the last 25-years. Enough already!

Michael is by her side !! I know that !! He will be there with OPEN arms and his hand stretched to recieve her at anytime !! I LOVE you Liz:angel::wub::( , hug Michael for me please !! Go to the Light sweet MJ :angel: !!

If you must we UNDERSTAND
!!
:angel::wub::angel::better:

Seeing this thread scared me. Should've mentioned National Enquirer in the title.

I can't even think of anything happening to Liz. Very upsetting and I'm glad it turned out to be false.

I'm glad the rumors turned out to be false. Didn't believe it either the moment I saw "National Enquirer" they will print just about anything. ( But I did do a little more searching hoping it wasn't true and thankfully it isn't!)

I'm also glad this was untrue, but I was so surprised when I googled this news this afternoon. Some semi-serious media outlets had just blindly copied this tabloid news like it was true. Journalism is a serious job, people!

At least she's okay, I would have thought it would be on Google News etc, if it were more serious....

This woman has seen most of his closest friends go...

I just love this woman so much.

Glad she's ok. She's hillarious when she tweets.

Dame Elizabeth Taylor has been hospitalized due to a heart condition.

A rep for the iconic actress tells ET, "Elizabeth Taylor was hospitalized earlier this week when she was taken to Cedars Sinai suffering from symptoms caused by congestive heart failure, an ongoing condition. This issue is being addressed. She is currently being kept in the hospital for monitoring.

"Her family and close friends are appreciative of the warm support and interest of her loyal fans but have asked that people respect her privacy and allow her medical team the time and space to focus on restoring her back to health."

The actress underwent heart surgery involving repairing a "leaky valve" back in 2009, and tweeted after that procedure, "Dear Friends, My heart procedure went off perfectly. It's like having a brand new ticker. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes."

http://www.etonline.com/news/107645_Dame_Elizabeth_Taylor_Hospitalized/

Elizabeth Taylor Treated For Congestive Heart Failure

by The Associated Press

text size A A A
February 11, 2011
Elizabeth Taylor has been hospitalized for treatment of congestive heart failure.
Her spokeswoman, Sally Morrison, said Friday that the Oscar-winning actress was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles within the past couple of days.
The 78-year-old Taylor has suffered from congestive heart failure for several years.
Morrison said it is unknown how long she might be in the hospital. She added that Taylor's family appreciated the support from fans, but asked for privacy to allow the medical team space to do its work.

Hopefully she's okay. My thoughts are with friends and family. But if worse come's to worse, She's got a great friend on the other side waiting for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back