Fires are getting a little close

Lisha

Proud Member
I live in So. California and my house is now about ten minutes drive away from one of the currently burning California fires. I can see the flames if I stand on my swing in my back yard.

So, I wouldn't mind a little prayer coverage.

We are not at the point at all where we would need to evacuate. But still we are being watchful and a bit on edge so see how things go. I am hearing a lot of fire engine sirens, that's for sure. Those guys are most likely working very hard. I live in what is considered a "fire zone."

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

Small update. Earlier when I posted this the fire coming towards my home was 0% contained. Now it is 5% contained, so I am encouraged.

It was so interesting this afternoon, due to all the smokey haze, that when I looked up at the sun, which in normal conditions is not recommended, it was a mysterious looking red. Now I just came in from looking up at the moon, and it has been affected as well, and is a lovely orange color.

Very kindly, a friend of mine called earlier, and was concerned... for she heard on the news a name of the street right by me mentioned in connection with the fire; however, it was mentioned because a building at the park on that street is now an evacuation center. The fire has not come that close yet, luckily! But she offered for us to stay at her house tonight if needed, and not for us to worry if we need to wake them up in the middle of the night. Very sweet. It's wonderful to have friends at times like these.:)

But so far...so good.

Wow that has got to be scary for you over there.. I heard about these fires on the radio over here this morning.

How is it going over there now? Are you safe?

Prayers going out to you and all that have been Affected by this.

Keep us updated?

Last edited:
Oh that is scary and to close for comfort
I will be keeping you in my prayers for sure :angel: (hugs)

please keep us updated

Thank you, you two, so very much for caring. :hug:

The fire was originally headed west towards my home, but it apparently has now switched its direction and is heading towards the city of Diamond Bar. But I did just read that evacuations are being renewed nearby, but I haven't heard where exactly or why, which makes me feel hestitant to think all worries are over.

Still hearing lots of sirens and smelling smoke and ash, and I can see the smoke all in the sky in the north/east direction. But I sense it is not as near to me as last night. :angel:

I feel for all of those, all over California...LA, San Francisco, here, and all the way down to San Diego, that are losing their homes or evacuating and are worried.

Last edited:
please...for all of you folks living in the fire line - Please stay safe!! And keep us posted if you can....just stay safe. If they tell you to evacuate, please do...Nothing material in this world is more expensive than your own lives....just stay safe ok?

Does anyone know if there are fires in LA, around the South bay area, Torrance and Redondo. I'm worried about friends and my old host family, but my phone broke down so I'm not able to reach them.

Here is a map that should let you see that Torrance and Redondo Beach are not that near to the fires:

torrance.jpg

Probably 45 minutes driving time away, I'll guess.

Thanks, Linda, that is good advice!

Here is a map that should let you see that Torrance and Redondo Beach are not that near to the fires:

torrance.jpg

Probably 45 minutes driving time away, I'll guess.

Thanks, Linda, that is good advice!

Is that where you live Queen? In either Redondo or Torrance? If so, that makes me feel a little better....I just hope they can extinguish these fires soon....

You are welcome, snorlaaax! :)

No, Linda, I live quite a few miles south, but the fire is staying northeast at the moment..

EDIT: Actually, I just heard good news! They have lifted all evacuation notices for the my city. So they must feel confident that the fire will not return in this direction! :clapping:

Thanks to all who lifted up prayers for me! :flowers: Hope all stays well.

Last edited:
yikes!!!

Please take care!!

We had bad bush fires like that when I was a little baby/toddler and they came within a block of our home. My mum was stuck at home with me and our neighbour and her baby boy at the time as their husbands were at work.

Fires are very scary.

Here's hoping the brave firefighters in your area are able to contain them :flowers:

Thank you so much, L.J. I just updated my last post with some positive news! I am very thankful. :)

No, Linda, I live in Yorba Linda:

firezone.jpg

I am adjacent to the tan area designated as "voluntary evacuation." (click to enlarge)

But the fire is staying north of me.

EDIT: Actually, I just heard good news! They have lifted all evacuation notices for the city of Yorba Linda! So they must feel confident that the fire will not return in this direction! :clapping:

Thanks Queen...I don't know anything about CA - so I'm glad that those evacuation notices were lifted....I will continue to pray for your safety....

Good news (thanks God) - yes you and yours stay safe. So glad things are looking up.

Thank you, Linda and Ms.STATEofSHOCK! :flowers: I'm feeling calmer, that's for sure. Thanks for posting.

You know what Cali is getting kinda dangerous :p
earthquakes just a few months ago (luckily not a big one tough) and fires just a few months later, it's happening so fast right after each other

Í'm really happy for you queen g, hope other places don't need any more evacuation

Queen g, hope all goes well for u and everyone whos being affected by the fire! :flowers:

Good to know ur safe, I saw on the news that a lot of homes where destroyed, even celebrities mansions ( I think Oprah's mansion was in the middle of the fire as well??)....thats tough man....having to evacuate the area in a hurry and the possibilities to lose ur home...
my prayers to u, and everyone else there...

oh, I know Im not supposed to be talking this here, but is Neverland, or Sycamore Ranch now, anywhere near the fire?? just curious...

Thank you, Telha.

And to put you at ease regarding the now named, Sycamore Ranch, I would estimate it is about a 30 minute drive from the fire going on in one section of Santa Barbara, which they are calling the "Tea Fire." As of now the Tea Fire is 95% contained, and they are anticipating complete containment soon.

I live in So. California and my house is now about ten minutes drive away from one of the currently burning California fires. I can see the flames if I stand on my swing in my back yard.

So, I wouldn't mind a little prayer coverage.

We are not at the point at all where we would need to evacuate. But still we are being watchful and a bit on edge so see how things go. I am hearing a lot of fire engine sirens, that's for sure. Those guys are most likely working very hard. I live in what is considered a "fire zone."

Thanks, guys. Appreciate it.

:angel:Our thoughts and prayers are with you...Be Safe~~~

Thank you, Telha.

And to put you at ease regarding the now named, Sycamore Ranch, I would estimate it is about a 30 minute drive from the fire going on in one section of Santa Barbara, which they are calling the "Tea Fire." As of now the Tea Fire is 95% contained, and they are anticipating complete containment soon.

Great to hear it is ending soon! :yes:

There has been a lot of coverage on the news here in the UK, they showed footage of houses that had been burnt to the ground and people who had been evacuated.
It must be so scary to be living near these fires and especially if you or family and friends have been affected in any way. I hope that the fires stay away from where you live queen g, and I pray for the firefighters and hope that their efforts are soon recognized with all the fires distinguished.

QueenG, I am glad that you are alright. :)

Anyone that is living in the areas of the fire, my prayers are with you. The fires are devastating and terrible. So many people lost their homes. Wow, is all I can say. I hope that things will be ok.

No, Linda, I live in Yorba Linda. but the fire is staying north of me.

EDIT: Actually, I just heard good news! They have lifted all evacuation notices for the city of Yorba Linda! So they must feel confident that the fire will not return in this direction! :clapping:

Im so glad to hear that your area is out of danger
there has been so much devastation _ its very sad :(

Thank you all for posting and caring and for your kind words. I truly appreciate it. God is faithful. :flowers:

Queen G - I heard they charged a 16 year old with setting the fire that started it all - do you know any more about this??

Back