Getting to Know You!

Re: Getting to know you!

I'm Nikki, I'm 26 years old. I currently live in a place called Winchester, England but I've moved around quite a lot since leaving my parents home aged 17. I am a student. I've been a Michael Jackson fan since I was a little kid, my first ever album I ever owned by any artist was Bad (on cassette). When I was 8 years old I (accidently) met him in the Natural History Museum in London but I was too scared to actually say anything and just stood there with my mouth open lol. I have a few hidden talents, I guess the one I'm most proud of is being a trained gymnast and being flexible enough to contort into positions that look painful haha. I am very proud to be the girlfriend of another mjjc member here - Motsey - who has just moved into my flat with me and makes me stupidly happy :D

Last edited:

Heyoo :) I'm Stephen, 26 from Hayes in west London. I currently live in neighbouring Hillingdon with my parents (helping my mum look after my disabled dad) & my brother and his wife and daughter. I am engaged to the lovely Kimmy who I've been with for nearly 3 & half years now. I work in a solicitors doing general admit for the whole firm which has bases in Uxbridge & Chesham. I have loved Michael since '87 and lucky enough to see him live at Wembley during HIStory :D I'm also a huge Manchester United fan and was a season ticket holder for the previous 4 seasons. But for financial & future planning reasons I gave it up at the end of last season but i still support them with a passion! I'm a science fiction nerd and competely love Red Dwarf! :D I've been to the last 4 out of 5 conventions and met the cast at numerous conventions and shows :) I also love history, cycling, the earth & sports.

Pleasure to meet you all :hi:

I'm Michelle, 20 years old, I'm a twin, and I live in Arizona. I'm from Maywood, Illinois, because me and my twin lived there with our older sister who was 14 at the time and mother until when me and my twin were 3 months old, we all moved to Arizona. I've lived in Arizona for 16 years now! What my favorite free time hobbies to do is ride my bike, listen to music, read books, and hang out with my friends. I don't have a job right now but I am a volunteer in my neighborhood helping out homebound senior people who can't do things on their own.

Last edited:

Hi everyone !

My name is Marilyn and I am a native born and raised in the beautiful Caribbean Island of The Bahamas. I am a single mother of three, 2 boys and 1 girl and I am employed as a Bahamian Immigration Officer for 24 years. I love to read, swim, cook/bake and being on my computer. I am light skinned in complexion. My father was very fair in complexion and my mother brown skinned, both Bahamians. I am the the third youngest child of 11 children.

Hi this is Marilyn again, just to also say that I am presently living on the island of Grand Bahama, where I own my own home. Nassau is our capital where the Atlantis Resort is located over Paradise Island which Michael performs at during the resort's official grand opening it was a star studded event in 1998. He sang Heal the World.

hey everybody, how ya doing? I'm marc, I'm 28 and from the uk. I've been a fan for 24 years now since i got brought the bad album and fell in love with it. I love all things music, play several instruments including guitar, drums and piano, and sing. I am not ur avaerage fan as i pretty much hate pop music with the exception of our king. I am mainly into hard rock and heavy metal \m/ My fave band being Alter Bridge!! Been a member of the KoP forum for a while now, and also joined maxjax recently. I only recently got back into the fan community after a break, i lost contact with lots of ppl after MJNI closed down=( Hope everyone is all good, if u wanna get to know me better, feel free to msg me.
Peace and L.O.V.E

Howdy all I'm James and I'm 22 from a small village in Leicestershire Primarily a Queen fan but also have a deep fanness and admiration for Michael, been a fan since I was 5 when I first heard the BAD album thanks to my brother and from then I was hooked. Also a huge Jackie Chan fan as well and love shows like Red Dwarf and I'm also an avid Highlander fan (although can't stand the movie sequels) I guess you could say I've always looked up to Freddie and Michael as Father figures and I'm thankful for the way they continue to inspire me in life and I'm also thankful to Michael for helping me a lot and finding the friends I have on here who really mean a lot to me :)

Hi everyone! :) My name is Katie, I'm 28 years old and I live in Brighton, on the south coast of England. I live with my wonderful fiance Darren, and we're getting married next June :)

We share our flat with 2 beautiful cats - Betsy my 14 year old Persian, and Ben, my 15 month old Bengal. Solomon the hamster completes my little family. I'm a huge animal lover, and plan to have more cats and maybe some chickens when we get a house!

I've worked in retail for over 10 years now, cos I'm still unsure what I want to do with my life! I did recently complete a course in Photography, and I have a huge passion for the subject, along with all arts and crafts. Unfortunately I don't seem to get enough time to indulge in any of them, but I'm hoping to change that in the new year!

I can't actually remember when I first got into Michael, although it must have been around the time I was 4 as I was part of a dancing group who put on a performance of Thriller at my primary school! Thriller was the first cassette tape I ever owned :)

I also LOVE music, and I play guitar, bass, tin whistle and am attempting violin. I like to go to a lot of gigs as well. :)

Hi - I'm Diane and I live on the outskirts of London. I am a geriatric member as I am now 48. Although I use the internet regularly I didn't join any fan sites until his death because I thought I'd outgrown fan clubs! lol I used to belong to Michael's snail mail fan club back in the day.

I am married with two girls and have been an MJ fan since seeing him in Wembley in 1972 at the age of 10; I've seen him several times since and been to many many concerts of other artists but none compare to Michael!

I work mainly in a primary school as a teaching assistant and also as a counsellor in a women's centre and bereavement centre after going back to college few years ago.

I am grateful to this site for many reasons!

Hello all. I go by Mikage. I'm an 18 year old person, biologically female but mentally androgynous, who lives on the planet Earth. I share this home with you. My idol is Michael Jackson, of course, and his life has inspired me to attempt to do something with the raw material that is my own life. I am very grateful for the inspiration Michael bestows upon me daily, and I love him more than anything else in this world. He saved me.

I don't really enjoy pop music, especially the stuff which has been dished out in the last 10 years. Michael Jackson is the only pop artist I respect and admire. My musical tastes vary, but I indulge in mostly classical music and some satire, like Tom Lehrer, whom I discovered when I was 16 and still in high school. I love him very much as well.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread! I totally feel like I know more about you all! Lets keep it coming!

hello !
My name is JUN. I live in Japan.
I heard MJ's thriller is 12 years old
Currently, 40 years old!!!!
Great performance and I love MJ's music.

Hi y'all! I guess it's time for me to fully introduce myself here. My name's Mary and I lived in the state of Georgia (so yep, that makes me a Peach :D :lol:). I'm 21 years old and I'm currently enrolling for a winter semester in college, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8) or more specifically, Elementary Education :). I'm the youngest of my family, having one older sister and two older brothers. I've been a fan of Michael's since the early 00's, but I do have earlier memories of Michael during my childhood years. All in all, I'm glad to be at a place where there are fellow fans just like me :D.

Hey everyone,
I'm a 37 elementary school teacher. I was born in the french caribbean on the beatiful island of Guadeloupe, but I've been living in continental France for the last 11 years. I'm a nature lover, active online and in real life on issues as protecting the environment or animal treatment. I love being around kids, I can honestly said that my young students have saved me over the past months. They are all big MJ fans! I love music, bike riding, swimming, reading; I'm a big Tolkien and Harry Potter fan, love the classics too like Victor Hugo.

PS : Ben is my real nickname, and yes, I am a female! lol

Hi everyone,
I'm Victoria or Tori for short. Im 21 and i live in Birmingham,AL. Im a student at Auburn University(HOME OF THE TIGERS!!!!! WAR EAGLE!!! LOL) N E WAYS, Ive been a fan of Michael since i can remember. My mom thought it was just a phase i was going through and that i would go away,but it just got worse lol and it drove her crazy. I know my screenname is ghettomjacksonfan, but im not really a ghetto person..Im actually a quiet person, but when i get around a bunch of friends am the biggest goofball. Im a band geek so im constantly watching different marching bands, or listening to different bands and practicing my drumming. I havent been in band since high school but im thinking about gettin back in band...I miss it lol. Also Im a HUGE COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANATIC..ESPECIALLY AUBURN...LOL

I think this is a very good idea :)

Hi everyone, my names Phillip. At the moment I'm 17 and still in education, and I live in England. I am also half Polish so I travel there for my holidays. I'm a new member but hoping that in time I will interact with lots of members and discuss all things Michael! :) I enjoy reading the Harry Potter books, listening to music (MJ of course!) and playing tennis.

Favourite song: They Don't Care About Us
Favourite non-single song: Threatened
Favourite album: Invincible
Favourite music video: Scream
Second favourite singer: Sean Paul

If there's anything else anybody would like to know about me don't hesitate to ask! :)

I'm a stay-at-home mother from the south of england. I have been a fan of Michael since the Bad era. My favourite era is probably Dangerous. I like to write play the piano.

Hi, I'm new here ...
My name is Noah, I'm 16 years old and I come from Germany. I live in a small (and boring) town near Munich ...
I'm Michael Jackson fan because I like his music (of course) and because I love his voice - he emphasized each word in his songs with a lot of emotion. When I hear his music, I feel like I'm in another world. I also love his humanity and generosity.
My favorite song is "Smooth Criminal" and my favorite album "Bad".
In addition to Michael I'm interested in architecture, films and books ...
I hope that I can spend a good time here and make friends.
Thank you!

Not new here, spend years here in the past and re-joined last year.

I'm Saskia and turned 30 years old last month. Sssssht, if any asks, I'm always 21 hahaha. I'm the youngest of three and with some age difference between us I can't remember anything else but growing up with Michael's music. According to my family I was dancing (well bopping around the room) on Billie Jean when I was 2 years old. The time I from which I start remembering being a Michael fan is from when I was around 7 years old (Bad time). No horse posters in my room, only huge posters of Michael. I really believe he (and my dad) gave me the love for music. I've always been a fan, unfortunately I never saw him perform live (my parents didn't allow me.....), but was supposed to in the O2.

I love music in all its sorts. Play the guitar myself and really want to learn how to play piano. Played tennis from the age of 6 and I also love to draw. I finished uni years ago and have been working in online marketing for a few years now.

Re: Getting to know you! Im new Hello

Hi
Im new here,well Ive been coming and reading for a few months and finally decided to take the plunge and join.
Im married with 3 boys and have been a Michael Jackson fan for as long as I can remember, my boys have grown up listening to his music and are all fans as well though not as much as me!
I live in Northamptonshire in the UK and am currently not working

Hello eveybody! :)
I'm from USA, but not an American. 26 year old. Apart from MJ, I love instrumental and classical music. I'm also crazy for action/thriller/suspense movies.
I've been MJ's fan since...today! lol... (because my love for him is anew everyday. :))
Long story short, "I am allergic to all negative people."

Nice to know y'all.
:)

My name is Chris, I'm 20 years old, and from Long Island, New York. I'm going to college for Broadcasting, and my career plans are to be a production director at a radio station, as well as a freelance audio engineer and producer on the side. I'm a musician, I play guitar, bass, keyboards, and I'm pretty decent at drums. I write and record my own music, ranging from Progressive Rock to Heavy Metal to R&B/Hip Hop beats. I've been making music since I was about 15 or 16 years old. Michael is my number one influence in music and in life, he's inspired all of my creative efforts and without him, I probably wouldn't be a musician today. I've been listening to Michael since I was in my mother's tummy, she used to play his records all the time for me. Dangerous was my first album (and favorite of all time), I still have that cassette to this day and it's one of my most prized possessions and has more sentimental value than just about anything else I own. Music is obviously a huge part of my life, but so is family. I love spending time with my family, I think it's the most important thing in life.

Very nice threat!

I am a fan for about 20 years when the Bad Album was released. Smooth Criminal is my all time favourite song. Heal the word helped me when a loved one had to fight cancer. I danced to Blood on the Dancefloor very much. But sadly I discovered Invincible after Michael's death first. Marriage and motherhood had consumed too much time.
Now I am a proud mother of two beautiful children, married to my soulmate and very happy with my life.
But I would have never dreamed that Michael's death would have caused so much pain for me.

Hi everyone. I'm new but I have lurked from time to time over the past two years. My name is Effrem Adams. I'm 23 years old. I am a dj and love to play mj's music here in CT at the clubs where I live.

Hello Everyone,

Im new on this Forum. My Name is Chantale, i am from South of England. I am 16 years old and a Huge Michael jackson fan.

You may think because i am just 16 that i wouldnt know alot about Michael, this is not the case, i know just as much as those who have been fans for 40 years. =)

I have been a Michael jackson fan since i can remember which is the age of 5, i have been braught up with his music even before i was born and ever since. My first michael jackson experience was when i was 5 years old in America, where i saw Michael's Billie Jean costume on display alongside his glove, merchandise and his Beat it Jacket. I would post a picture but im not sure how too =)

I have a big collection of Michael Jackson items too, i really need a bigger Bedroom Lol !

I currently have a job at weekends and i goto college and study Catering and Hospitality =)

Hello. I'm also new. My name is Mandi, I'm 21 almost 22. I've been a fan of MJ since around the ages of 3 or 4.

I'm in College studying Mass Communications and African American Studies.

I'm not just a fan of Michael, but over the years I've become a huge fan of all of the Jackson family, including Jermaine (see what I did there? :p)

Yeah, I don't really know what else to say.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Anita, I'm 23 years old (almost 24).
I reading this forum for 2 years now, but I registert just recently (I have no clue why it took me so long..)

I live in Croatia, but before that I lived 10 years in Germany.
I'm going to college, studying construction.

I'm a Michael fan my whole life, my first memories of him are when I was like 4-5 years old..

I loooove music, I literally listen it all day long..
I also love books, movies, dancing, drawning......

Since I have no idea what else to say about myself, I'll stop here...

Hey everyone! My name is Emagine and I'm 14 years old.
Now don't just think cause I'm a young blood i don't know Michael because I know just as much as a person who has been a fan of Michael since he started;)
I live in Gary,IN and I have been a fan of Michael since I was 4:happy:
I remember dancing and singing to his music and just having a great time and always laying down looking at the sky thinking about how wonderful he is=]
I saw Michael in 2003 when he came to visit and i shook his hand and gave him a hug LOL
That was a really cool time in my life i wont EVER forget=]
Umm I'm about to graduate 8th grade in 5 months and I LOVE to paint more than anything. I dream of being a singer/dancer and also painting and doing volleyball on the side.
My favorite Michael era would have to be either Dangerous or Invincible:wub:
My first ever MJ CD was Invincible and my first video i saw of Michael was Scream=]
Aside from Michael i listen to Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce and some more older artists like Lenny Williams and Marvin Gaye=]
My all time wish would have to be for everyone in this world to become one...for us all to just come together and put all our doubts aside and just LOVE each other unconditionally. sorry if this is to much i talk alot i for got to tell u LOL=]

Welcome to all new members and very pleased to meet those of you I haven't met so far! :wub:
I'm Maria and I've been with MJJC since November 09. I work with the Media Advocacy Team of the MJJC Legacy Project.
I live Southeastern Europe, I'm a graduate student in Communication, and I love writing, playing the piano, dancing and singing.
Also a huge theater lover! :)

Back