Ghosts video

Ghosts is increadable.. it is released on DVD in some countries, they even have a special edition version with a CD in it.. It has On The Line and some other tracks.. Nothing new to us though..

With the compairison of Thriller and Ghosts, I think it's ok for me to throw this in..

it's my THREATENED video, It has a little story.. Michael (a monster) gets chaced into an abandon house, when cornered he THREATENS them.. :)

check it out!!!

Michael Jackson 'Threatened'[/b]
Great video KOPV.

They had Michael wear a suit with censors on it, on the joints and such and had him dance against a green screen. I think that's how they did it.[/b]

At the end of the film where they show some of the make up and effects, you could see him dancing in an outfit that was marked at the joints while someone else was watching the skeletan on the screen but I don't understand how that works. What did the sensors transmit to?[/b]

Ok I'll try and explain how the sensors work :p

I remember using these in Uni in sports biomechanics and they had the same kind of settings.

Basically you have your subject covered in a black thin material (black so it doesn't appear on anything, and thin so that the sensors are as close to the skin and joints as possible).
The sensors are attached to the joints of the body, mainly attached to the joints that will be in use (considering they were recording his whole body's movements he had them all over his body).

There is a green screen used as a free background, just like they've been used for years for the weather reports etc.
There are like little towers positions at different right angles of the designated "stage" these towers have high speed powerful cameras that pick up the movements of the little sensors and send their recieved signals to a computer. The computer then records each sensors motion in a timeline.
These can then be stored, viewed and then combined together to move a designed model graphically created.

So basically they record the motion of the sensors, and attach the variety of motions to a variety of designed objects.

They would have designed the skeleton digitally and then given it the instructions recorded from the sensors to make it do what was needed.

then once the skeleton was perfected it's layered over the filmed segment with the background actors and set.

Hope that helps more? :D

Ok I'll try and explain how the sensors work :p

I remember using these in Uni in sports biomechanics and they had the same kind of settings.
Basically you have your subject covered in a black thin material (black so it doesn't appear on anything, and thin so that the sensors are as close to the skin and joints as possible).
The sensors are attached to the joints of the body, mainly attached to the joints that will be in use (considering they were recording his whole body's movements he had them all over his body).

There is a green screen used as a free background, just like they've been used for years for the weather reports etc.
There are like little towers positions at different right angles of the designated "stage" these towers have high speed powerful cameras that pick up the movements of the little sensors and send their recieved signals to a computer. The computer then records each sensors motion in a timeline.
These can then be stored, viewed and then combined together to move a designed model graphically created.

So basically they record the motion of the sensors, and attach the variety of motions to a variety of designed objects.

They would have designed the skeleton digitally and then given it the instructions recorded from the sensors to make it do what was needed.

then once the skeleton was perfected it's layered over the filmed segment with the background actors and set.
Hope that helps more? :D[/b]
That is pretty complicated. Thanks for the explanation.

:lol: sorry if I confused you though :unsure:

sometimes I try to explain things quickly and end up making no sense :lol:

I wanna say welcome to mj2infinity :flowers:

and I lurrrve Ghosts :)

:lol: sorry if I confused you though :unsure:

sometimes I try to explain things quickly and end up making no sense :lol:
I wanna say welcome to mj2infinity :flowers:
and I lurrrve Ghosts :)[/b]
Your explaination was fine. I had been picturing them locating the skeletan by hand by matching the joint points up to the sensor points. Originally I hadn't even thought about the shot looking at the skeletan from above as it danced in a circle. Pretty amazing effect. I really hope they release this video in the US. I am just glad I was able to find it but meanwhile getting to see it on jacksonweb was great.

Thank you for the website and the welcome. (Thanks for the birthday wish too by the way. :p )

I re-watched Ghosts recently, and it's truly an amazing film. The dancing is off the hook, really amazing, Michael just grabs your attention so much, and the message also is important. It really has little in relation with Thriller, other then the semi-horror theme, Ghosts really isn't about that at all, but about people's inablity to accept anything or anyone that differs from themselves.[/b]
Thriller is a carefree and fun video, done at a time when Michael was having a ball. Ghost was written for a specific purpose in mind. Michael wqas telling his story and making a promise. it is the story of Mj;s real life, with a warning and a promise.
it is hard hitting and very deep. the dancing is dark, but it is incredible. It probably has the best michael dancing I have ever seen. it is ground breaking and futuristic. Also, the music is clasical and all Michael.

Maybe I am reading more into it than is there (although classic literature has a depth just due to its being faithful to life, human character, etc. without the layers necessarily being planned) but I think it has many layers of meaning to it.

What fascinates me the most is that mainly it is prophetic in a way that couldn't have been forseen. Think about it. The 'fat white guy' is Sneddon, predjudiced, full of hate, and trying to run Michael (the ghost) out of Neverland (Someplace Else) because he is 'not normal'. The children he has entertained love him and are not afraid. The adults initially follow the 'fat white guy" in spite of the fact that it is not truely what they believe is right. When they think 'the fat white guy' actually wants them to hurt the ghost they are horrified. The ghost displays enormous power and control but always uses it to entertain or with great gentleness (as the way he gently brings the other ghosts floating down) and for good. The 'audience' is alternately fascinated, horrified, entertained, and feels caring for him. The 'fat white guy' becomes part of the 'entertainment' and look a fool. When it seems near the end that the Ghost agrees to leave as the 'fat white guy' wishes (leave Neverland as Sneddon wished) the other people react with a range of reactions from not wanting the Ghost to go because they care to not wanting the entertainment to stop. The children are pure with caring for him throughout for it is the children who knew him as their freind from the beginning. It looks like he has decided to give in to the 'fat white guy' and destroy himself. As he disappears his 'audience' realizes what it has lost. At that point it is truely driven home what they have done and they feel the emptyness of his not being there. The people hesitate as the 'fat white guy' asks them to follow. They are no longer willing to follow him. He had with predudice tried to use his power over them for bad. They look saddened at the place that the Ghost disappeared instead. But the Ghost (Michael) is magic. He wins the 'game' and it is the 'fat white guy' who leaves. The Ghost appears again in his original form. He did not crumble after all. The lesson is learned and the Ghost will entertain again.
.[/b]
That is indeed the message I got too, and Michael could never have known when he wrote it, what Sneddon was about to do. Very prophetic indeed. i look forward to Mj's return. :flowers:

:blink: :cry:

Tell me how the quality is!!

"Counts money to see if she can afford it now...hmmmm.."[/b]
I think the quality is excellent. Every time I view it I notice something new. There is so much going on and the first twenty times you just want to watch Michael.

It is a 410 MB file if that means anything to you.

I think the quality is excellent. Every time I view it I notice something new. There is so much going on and the first twenty times you just want to watch Michael.

It is a 410 MB file if that means anything to you.[/b]
There was a write-up one about how Michael used many sounds from his natural envirinment to construct the classical music accompanying the video. The music is all constructed by Michael.

I haven't watched Ghosts for a long time.. Have to watch it again some day! :)

The most heartbreaking part of that video was when Michael smashed his face into the floor and looks up at the crowd. I burst into tears the first time I saw it. It broke my heart. It was like he was saying 'let me destroy this thing that makes u hate me so much. See, it's gone. Are you happy now? Can you leave me alone now?'

When he disintegrates into nothing I was almost hysterical. Just thinking about it makes me cry again.

I LOVE Ghosts!!!It's the best short film ever intill his next one.It has a much needed message.And it's Michael's way of saying how he felt at the time.I love Thriller.But Ghosts is better.The dancing is amazing.

Back