Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

So many things going through my head right now.

All in all, I'm just angry. I can't believe we're living such days...

I fell alseep before the tribute and have just watched it. Wow. The tribute was beautiful and made more poignant by the speech by the kids. Prince was so mature and so well spoken, it was a wonderful speech that overshadowed everyone. I know that Michael was standing right there beside them. They made their daddy so proud last night. Such wonderful, loving children. Although I must admit I still find it odd seeing Prince the young man-I remember seeing the photos when he was born!

They are so grown up. God bless am in tears again:( Price did amazing. I think their dad would have been so proud.

Last edited:
I fell alseep before the tribute and have just watched it. Wow. The tribute was beautiful and made more poignant by the speech by the kids. Prince was so mature and so well spoken, it was a wonderful speech that overshadowed everyone. I know that Michael was standing right there beside them. They made their daddy so proud last night. Such wonderful, loving children. Although I must admit I still find it odd seeing Prince the young man-I remember seeing the photos when he was born!

yeah, me too :) what a happy day it was when Prince was born. :wub: Michael's first-born. We had a huge celebration in Moscow. It was as if we all had a son that day :D And now look at him, all grown up. :wub:

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys - Update pg 13 (All discussion here)

I can't read.... i can't watch.

this is most unfair.

:cry: :cry:

i wish i had never lived to see this day come.
Me too.......I can't see because I'll cry when the kids start speaking....
Why? Michael....why??:boohoo:

just watched the kids for the first time. dont know what to say:cry: so proud of the babies. has me in tears. so painful. ill pass on the tribute cant bare to watch any of them. this takes u back to july. i gues in one sense i was hoping it wouldnt happen cause it makes everything so raw again.

turned the tv on this morn and put the text on and thought nothing had happened cause there was no mention on the news stories about the kids being there. thought it would be a main headline in the grammie articles. but then turned on the ole red button to check. dunno what to say so proud of them. has me in tears watching that clip. makes everything so real and painful again seeing those beautiful kids and what that bastard has done. ill say one think just put one ofthe kids on the stand during the tria land that will make sure the asshole gets convicted.

makes me so proud hearing them say they will continue mjs legacy/job about helping ppl and the world im so glad even at this young age they know exactly what their dad was all about (of course they do they are his kids but u get what i mean) they are gonna make him so proud i see them doing all sorts of charity work and changing the world just like mike did. god this is hard u just wanna give them a big hug. filling up again

Last edited:
I agree with ForeverBeInPeaceMichael.

I'm afraid to watch the kids speech :(

I did. Just. Don't know what to say. Was this right? It was ... for that I can't find an fitting english word may be heart-wrenching.

Hello all. Hope everyone got through the emotional night ok. I must say that was very hard to watch. My emotions hit me like a ton of bricks. I was teary eyed throughout the whole tribute (which didn’t make for a very good 3-D experience), and wanted to just let go and ball my eyes out, especially when the children came, but couldn’t as I was with friends who wouldn’t have understood (they are just casual fans). Watching felt like a wound re-opening for the millionth time. :cry:

I thought the tribute itself was great. I’m glad they chose Earth Song, as it represented what Michael was of course focusing on before he passed. The artists they chose were a good mix, they did their thing, but of course couldn’t compete with Michael’s vocals. The one thing I would have wished was for the tribute to include more of Michael himself. I agree that the focus kind of felt like it was on the performers. They could have done his legacy even more justice by showing a montage of his best, including his Grammy MITM performance, or even the clips of him rehearsing Earth Song in TII or the original music video. Oh well.

But Prince and Paris being there tops any tribute that could ever take place. What courage his children had to accept the award. Hats off to them, they deserve nothing but positive attention for this. You could tell they were nervous, but that was totally understandable, I couldn’t imagine what it must have felt like. This is all foreign to them still, presenting themselves like they did to the world. But they were amazing and I’m so proud they did this for their Daddy. They are all so beautiful looking as well. Nothing but love for the MJ3 :heart:

Oh gosh, this was so very hard... It's like he died all over again.
Miss him so much!

Beautiful little munchkins...
Prince and Paris, wow... So nervous, poor souls, but what Prince said was beautiful, and the way he said it was beautiful, too.
I bawled my eyes out. Many people came out and said nice things about Michael, but none of them, not even Jermaine or Janet made me cry. Prince did.
His little speech felt to me like the first words with true, honest meaning behind them. This was a son talking about his beloved father, and it rang deep, heartfelt, dignified, and just simply wonderful.
My only hope is that they were not pressured to do this - that they WANTED to.
Love to the MJ3 - mwa, mwa, mwa.

I just watched it again. Paris's last words at the end are so sad. I wish I could give them a big hug.

The tribute was nice.... very well put together and the sound was great. MJ's voice blended in with the show, it didn't sound fake at all. Listening to the audio it sounds like the man was there with the other artists.

The tribute was nice.... very well put together and the sound was great. MJ's voice blended in with the show, it didn't sound fake at all. Listening to the audio it sounds like the man was there with the other artists.

Yes, there was a moment when I caught myself almost waiting for Michael to come onstage during the performance. :cry:

-prince-michael-jackson-10210715-427-587.jpg

:angel: :weeping: :angel:

I've just watched Prince and Paris speaking...I'm crying so hard. It must have been very hard for them to speak in front of all those people:cry::(They're so strong, but they're just kids who have lost their father. I don't think it was their choice 100% to go up to the stage and do that...I guess they were asked to do that and they had to get prepared emotionally....
I think it's a cruel thing. The Grammies used the kids in a sense. Personally, I wish they had just watched the tribute in the audience....That alone must have been tough.

I've just watched Prince and Paris speaking...I'm crying so hard. It must have been very hard for them to speak in front of all those people:cry::(They're so strong, but they're just kids who have lost their father. I don't think it was their choice 100% to go up to the stage and do that...I guess they were asked to do that and they had to get prepared emotionally....
I think it's a cruel thing. The Grammies used the kids in a sense. Personally, I wish they had just watched the tribute in the audience....That alone must have been tough.

I was wondering that myself. I hope they weren't pressured...
They're old enough now to stand up for themselves, but I agree, they've just lost their father and are still vulnerable.
I sincerily hope they were there because they WANTED to.
I love those kids.

Re: Here is the Link to Michael's Kids Accepting award at the Grammys

this is what she was talking about

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell us about your decision to pay tribute to Michael Jackson.
KEN EHRLICH (Grammys producer): Last year at this time, it was the 25th anniversary of Thriller and I was talking about having Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown – before the troubles – and Ne-Yo do a whole thing that ended with Michael. It would have started with two or three of them pretending to be Michael, and then Michael would be revealed. I pitched it to him, and I thought I had him. And he just said, “I’m not ready.. .I’ll be with you next year.” It wasn’t to be.

okay i see now.... thx

I was wondering that myself. I hope they weren't pressured...
They're old enough now to stand up for themselves, but I agree, they've just lost their father and are still vulnerable.
I sincerily hope they were there because they WANTED to.
I love those kids.
Glad to know we're on the same page.

I see some here saying Mike must be proud of them and I understand the point, but...I can't stop thinking he also must be annoyed about the fact that the Grammies got what they wanted through his kids' emotional struggle they went through on that stage...Think about it. Mike was a child star and knew so well how children can be taken advantage of in the media....

I only care about what Prince and Paris said. I don't give a damn about the tribute. Except for very few like Lionel Richie, so many industry people there, you can't 100% be sure they never dissed Michael when he was alive. It's disgusting:mat: The ones who made fun of him for fun were sitting there and trying to look right on camera watching the tribute and the kids.

Back