HIStory ELIMINATION GAME! Come in and have fun! WINNER ANNOUNCED - page 43 / post 642

Re: HIStory ELIMINATION GAME! Come in and have fun! ROUND 12 - page 35 / post 520

Scream it is.

stranger in moscow

btw it seems everyone just follows each other :/

No way, out of those four, Scream is clearly the weakest link. SiM, TDCAU and ES are by far the strongest songs on the album, whether they're everyone's favourites or not.

Re: HIStory ELIMINATION GAME! Come in and have fun! ROUND 12 - page 35 / post 520

Scream :scream:

Scream it is.

No way, out of those four, Scream is clearly the weakest link. SiM, TDCAU and ES are by far the strongest songs on the album, whether they're everyone's favourites or not.

I would agree on Stranger in Moscow even though its not one of my "must listens", but Earth Song, I just dont get the hype to tell you the truth. Someone wrote a couple of days ago that the the second half of Earth Song is what makes it special, and I would agree that Michael's voice is pretty strong and emotional, but I don't see it(the song) as being clearly stronger than History, and History to me , is clearly a prettier song, with the harmonies and the melody, which Earth Song really doesnt have.

A lot of non-MJ fans, like my environmentalist and liberal friends, have always told me they love Earth Song, though. I will admit that.

And I would not say TDCAU is clearly better than Scream. It had a better beat or bass line, but its got that recycled guitar riff from Beat It, while Scream has that Industrial Rock feel I love and that trance interlude in the middle. I think Scream is definitely more innovative. I like both songs about the same.

SCREAM
i love all 4 of these songs but i voted for scream and i want EARTH SONG OR STRANGER IN MOSCOW TO WIN

I would agree on Stranger in Moscow even though its not one of my "must listens", but Earth Song, I just dont get the hype to tell you the truth. Someone wrote a couple of days ago that the the second half of Earth Song is what makes it special, and I would agree that Michael's voice is pretty strong and emotional, but I don't see it(the song) as being clearly stronger than History, and History to me , is clearly a prettier song, with the harmonies and the melody, which Earth Song really doesnt have.

A lot of non-MJ fans, like my environmentalist and liberal friends, have always told me they love Earth Song, though. I will admit that.

And I would not say TDCAU is clearly better than Scream. It had a better beat or bass line, but its got that recycled guitar riff from Beat It, while Scream has that Industrial Rock feel I love and that trance interlude in the middle. I think Scream is definitely more innovative. I like both songs about the same.

Yep, those are all fair points. However, I still feel those three are among Michael's most timeless creations. For example, although TDCAU doesn't even make my top 10 favourite MJ songs, I think it's sooo powerful and immediately recognisable and unique, it sounds as fresh today as ten years ago. Scream is great, but not as revolutionary, the chorus especially gets a bit repetetitave. And Earth Song (especially accompanied with the video) is just tremendous, the second half is what makes it, absolutely. I was a bit surprised to find that in several "favourite song by MJ" polls taken by non-fans, Earth Song even beat out the classics such as Billie Jean. As for HIStory, it does have a beautiful melody and wonderful inspirational lyrics, but it tilts slightly over to the sappy side. Not that all sappy songs have to be bad, but it has to be balanced out perfectly for it to become groundbreaking, so that even if you remove the lyrics, it's still as powerful. Earth Song to me seems one of those songs that managed it, it is after all about saving the planet, but take that away and you still have a number one hit.
It's really hard to put into words what makes a song timeless.. It's songs that don't sound exactly like any era, but just continue to be great as the decades roll by.

stranger in Moscow!! [b/]

came in for a SECOND! and i vote for SCREAM love you all!!! :D

i c u :shades:

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US

Hehe. You have been making me smile throughout this thread :)

I'm voting for Earth Song

It's my least favourite out of the ones left.

Scream

Here is where the game gets really interesting.

Although having the first three songs together is perfection, I have to go with Scream. It just doesn't have the same oomph like the others.

Gotta vote for Scream

My vote is for Scream.

Scream again!!

earth song!!!!!!!!!

(As Milan is still busy bathing and drinking umbrella drinks with chicks in sunny Greece, I BruceWayne has got the log in details to his account to keep the legacy of this thread alive :D)

ROUND 12 RESULTS!

1. Scream - 26
2. Earth Song - 4
3. Stranger in Moscow - 2
3. They Don't Care About Us - 2

ROUND 13:

AVAILABLE TRACKS FOR VOTING:

2. They Don't Care About Us
3. Stranger In Moscow
5. Earth Song

ELIMINATED TRACKS:

8. Come Together
4. This Time Around
14. Little Susie
6. D.S.
10. Childhood
7. Money
9. You Are Not Alone

12. 2Bad
15. Smile
11. Tabloid Junkie
13. HIStory
1. Scream

No question this time either, Scream had to go - and to serenade the loss I've dug up the really nice Flute Tyme Remix of Scream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eUTp0WYzE

(P.S. Please, if it's not too much to ask, try to make your selections in bold. Sometimes it can be hard to understand if you're actually voting on a track or not. Thank you! :))

Re: HIStory ELIMINATION GAME! Come in and have fun! ROUND 13 - page 38 / post 557

earth song

Re: HIStory ELIMINATION GAME! Come in and have fun! ROUND 13 - page 38 / post 557

stranger in moscow

Earth Song

I hope not

stranger in moscow

btw it seems everyone just follows each other :/

its just that the majority of us have the same opinions about each song(not all of course)

btw SIm should win!!!! it has the best beat EVER!!! nothing can top that intro /

Stranger in moscow as much as it hurts me... The next rounds are going to be difficult for me!

owww!! this is HARD now!!!!! ... somebody help me! LOL

i have been sitting for like 10 minutes trying to choose between TDCAu and earth song LOL...ok i wont choose .ALL i want is to SIm to win!!! i will vote in the final round for helping it ,,if it stays hopefully.

Last edited:

The last round was a no-brainer, but now.... I don't wanna play anymore! :lol:

Ok, Ok.... my vote, with a heavy heart, goes to They Don't Care About Us :/

SiM for the win!

Haha I have no idea what to vote :D
I'm leaning towards Earth Song, but then I go like ahh damn :D

Ohhhh, it's almost impossible to vote... I also want SiM to win!!! And my vote goes to...they don't care about us although I love this song too!!!

i hope there is a way to anounce all 3 as winners as a result of a tie!:D......and CLOse this thread and move to DANGErous(where there will be a fight in the first rounds of the game HAHAH..

Earth Song

Back