How much time you're a fan of Michael Jackson?

MJFanusus

Proud Member
How much time you're a fan of Michael Jackson? when did you start listening to it? death to him, or after?

Here I am such a fan of his for 7 years. I started listening to Michael before his death.

Since 1995. First album I got was HIStory on double cassete. Then I bought Bad CD right after that. Then Blood On The Dancefloor CD in 1997. At that time MJ was on Tour in Europe and it was Michaelmania all over. I remember videotaping Munchen 1997 HIStory Tour concert and Ghosts short film and watching them 'til death. I also videotaped majority of his short films when they aired on some German channel. It was some kind of MJ special and they aired almost all of his videos from Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough until HIStory. HIStory era was so much joy and love for Michael all over Europe, especially Eastern Europe and where I live. Then I bought Invincible some time after it was released. Then Number Ones DVD, Bucharest DVD... and so on. With time I started collecting more and more CD's and DVD's from my local music store (HIStory and Dangerous DVD's and so on...). When I bought everything I could get or order from my local music store I discovered eBay and amazon and I started buying more and more CD's, DVD's and CD singles. That was just before Michael died. And when he died I bought almost every single commercially released CD, DVD, CD single and bluray I could find.

I am 36 now and I have been a fan of his since the early 80s. So practically for my entire life I have been a fan of his. It wasn't until the start of the HIStory era when I became not only a 100% hardcore fan of his. But he also became my total obsession. Now I am no longer the hardcore MJ fan that I once was. It is only half percent of what it used to be. Nor is Michael my total obsession anymore. And I only blame that f-ing a-hole for totally destroying my hardcore MJ fandom. Since thanks to my deep depression which he cause me to suffer with now. That I am now forced to live with. I can no longer handle watching him. Or listening to him. Shahrukh Khan and Bollywood has since replace watching and listening to Michael for me. It really is the only way I can watch and listen to him now. Without causing me to really cry all over him again.:(

Hollywood Palace 1969-I was plunked down in front of the TV set, and from that first second I looked at those big brown eyes and fell in love with him instantly, unconditionally-as if he was my own child.

Oh, by the way, this entire show is on YouTube and it's as great now as it was then. I adored Diana and Sammy-they do a great Fred and Ginger tribute here. I'm still grateful that I got to see Sammy live-I had never seen anyone that amazing in my life-I think he truly was the greatest entertainer ever-until Michael grew up.

Last edited:
Since 2015 :D

One year.

Nice to see new fans :)

I became a fan of Michael's around 2005 I guess. I was interested in the trial and from there I learnt more about Michael as an artist and started really listening to his music. I was already sympathetic to him before that though, I remember watching LWMJ with my family and I already felt then that he was treated unfairly.

I'm a bit of a 'weird' fan though. I didn't care for the Murray or AEG trials and didn't follow them. I never bought Michael or Xscape and don't know most of the songs on them. There are entire albums from the Jackson 5 / Jacksons that I've never heard. The only tour concert I've ever seen was Bad. I never finished Dancing The Dream. I don't know any of his family except for his siblings, parents and children. I only watched TII once even though I bought the DVD.

And yet I think about Michael every day. I listen to his music every day. I visit this forum pretty much every day. I know all of his interviews by heart. I even started reading fan fiction lately :mello: I guess I just need to make a conscious effort to explore his entire catalogue as I'm sure there are some real gems there that I'm missing out on.

Been a fan since 1982 @ the age of 5. I got a hold of my Dad's copy of Off the Wall & from the point on I was hooked. MJ was such a huge inspiration in my life. It's still hard to believe that he's gone, but @ least we will always have incredible his music to enjoy.

About 14 years. I'd heard like..."Earth Song" before, but never really paid attention to Michael until I saw an interview with him in early 2000s. I instantly thought he was the most magical creature I've ever laid my eyes on as he seemed so soft-spoken and gracious.

I remember listening his music since 1989, Thriller the short blew me away but my love and obsession began a year later when I watched by chance Billie Jean Motown 25. Proudly 26 years and counting!

2009. I didn't know much about Michael before his death besides his biggest hits, but after he passed I started listening to his music a lot and learning about the kind of person he was. After doing that, I am a huge fan and there is no going back. :D

Nearly 24 inspired and rich years:flowers:. I saw the Bukarest-concert on TV and then................................

Mostly a casual fan since I was probably 3 or 4. Could have almost gone hardcore around 2005, but didn't for whatever reason. Instead became more of a hardcore fan around July 2009.

I was 10 years old when Michael died, and while I wish I had discovered him sooner, I doubt I would've looked into his music and legacy otherwise, his death being the catalyst for my interest in him. Six months after his death or so, I was OBSESSED! Have been ever since! :)

On the flip side of only discovering him after his death, there was a few pros; I heard mostly good things about him since people were grieving, I wasn't exposed much to the media's lies, etc. I got to explore and discover him on my own without anyone's biases affecting my opinions. I was young during the trials and controversies so I didn't really care or pay attention to it. I guess there's good and bad in everything.

33 years - a proper fan since I saw Beat it or RTR Countdown in mid 1983. Had known of him since early 1980 though. Buying his music only since 1987 (29 years ago) as before then I had it bought for me, but could use my brothers copy of Thriller - so whatever counts for you (29 or 33 years)

35 years I guess, started with Billie Jean, massive fan with Bad, stupidly crazy by Dangerous...

About 20 years.
I remember having the VHS of HIStory Volume II as a kid and watching it until the tape was warped. I would rewind the Motown 25 performance over and over trying to learn the moves (I can now successfully perform a mediocre Moonwalk) to me it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. Then when I was about 11 I watched the world premiere of You Rock My World and never looked back.

About 35 years for me, too, with everything Thriller and I've been mesmerized with everything else ever since. I do remember loving Dancing Machine, Blame it On the Boogie, and those amazing OTW tunes, but he completely captured my attention in '82, crazy in love by Bad and beyond.

Since 1987. I heard "I just Can´t Stop Loving You" and "Man in the Mirror" on the radio and ... BOOM! :lol:

I made my mum buy me BAD (on tape) for my birthday, and ever since was addicted to the music and the man ....

I discovered him when I was two, and I was a casual fan up until I was twelve, then I became addicted to everything Michael. 10 years later, and still going strong :)

Coming up to 10 years this year :) I remember going to the record store with my brother to buy the Essential Michael Jackson CD in the summer of 2006. It was the first time I'd ever heard most of Michael's songs. We listened to the CD endlessly for the rest of the holidays, and I've been a fan ever since.

Back