How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I'm 28, and I've been a fan for as long as I can remember...I think I was about 6 years old when Bad came out, and I've loved him since...I really became obsessed though right after the Oprah interview...He's just always been a part of my life, my DNA, my heart, and my soul.....and he always will be!

I am 20 and I have been an MJ fan all of my life..What made me a MJ fan was his voice and his dancing skills..his talent!! I also think that he's very unique and I like that about him..he was like no one else..

I'm 31 and I've been listening to MJ since I was 13.

I am 19 years old now,
and I've been a fan since I was around 7.

It kind of really started with Stranger in Moscow,
I was hooked to that song everytime it came on tv. I'd be staring to the tv screen, because I loved the song and the video so much.
I knew a few more older songs, like Thriller and Billie Jean, but for me I really became a fan when SIM came out :)

I'm 17 (Almost 18).

To be honest I've been a fan for as long as I can remember, there wasn't really a day or event which made me a fan. My Dad's a fan of MJ too and had his albums and some videos so I used to listen to his music and watch the video's a lot when I was quite young, I think I must of watched the ''Video Greatest Hits'' Video about a million times!

22 years old and I'm a MJ fan since 1994( 17 years I've been his fan )

I'm 21. Since 2001..(You Rock My World video made me fall for him!) But even more so since the trial, yep, because I knew the truth. Go hard or go home.

24, and been a fan since I was 10-ish and a more serious fan since I was about 19

I'm 19 and I've been a fan since I was 5 years old, so 14 years wow. I first became a fan when I heard Earth Song for the first time, it was christmas number 1 in the UK. My parents said I used to wait for it to come on the radio and sing the "a-aaaaah aaaaah" part really loudly lol. I got really sad when the song finished and told my parents that all I wanted for christmas was a CD of that song so I could listen to it all the time. I remember seeing the video on Top of The Pops and my mum said I used to say he was beautiful and then I'd tell my friends Michael Jackson was my boyfriend (I was only 5 years old lol) I remember I got the single for christmas and also a video from my aunt who's always been a fan, and on that video were all his short films and also the motown 25 performance that she'd recorded off the TV. There's a video of me at about 7 or 8 years old sitting really close to the TV rewinding the moonwalk from motown 25 over and over again lol.
I'm still a fan today because I still feel the same way I did all those years ago -mesmerized.

I'm 21 years old, and I've been a fan since I was 4 years old, because my parents are MJ fans, so I grow up with his music and hearing my parents talking about MJ all time ! We are a familly of MIchael Jackson fans ! :) ;)

I'm 29 and I've been fan since HIStory came out... I was about 15-16 then and I had just moved to a bigger city far away from my family, to study. And it was then I became familiar with MTV and Michael - and fell in love head over heels :love:

I'm 26 and have been a fan since I was around 5/6 years old. I became a fan when my older brother got the Bad album (on cassette) and then Moonwalker (on vhs). I'm still a fan today because I guess the magic never really wares off ;)

I'm a long time Michael's fan. I'm 59 and he's my life. Adore him !

I'm 19 and became a fan in late 2003 to mid 2004. Mum bought me the Number Ones DVD and I thought........What has she bought me this for? :S I watched Billie Jean and You Rock My World's video's because those were the only ones that I had heard a lot and liked. Then didnt watch it again for about half a year.

I came home from school one day and threw it in just for something to watch. Next thing you know I was watching it EVERY DAY after school, it was the first thing I did when I got home. Then I basically became addicted, it all escalated from there really.

Just want to note that i'm seeing a lot of us that are under the age of 25 turned over to Michael due to the Number Ones album or DVD. It seems as though it generated a new generation of MJ fans.

Just goes to show how the music still triumphs over all of the crap going on in MJ's life, as many of us became fans when he was arguably in the news mostly for negative things. But we were still drawn in by the music regardless of that.

I'm 19, became a fan a decade ago

I've been a fan for almost 18 years ( the Oprah interview)

Im 25...born in 85' i became a fan around late 86 early 87...yes I can remember the BAD video at age 2 believe it or not....been a fan ever since..always will be til I take my last breath.

I'm 18, and have been a fan for 14 years now :)

im 42 been a fan for 33 yrs
:bugeyed

I am 50 + and I love Michael's singing (and later on dancing!!!) since the age of "Ben", when I was a teenager almost his age :).

It got on the background in my turbulent young life... it came back with "Thriller" album and "Bad", then went asleep in my subconscient, because life became too complicated for me for anything like music or someone to sharish being a big fan.... but it came back "on my frontpage" with the announcement of the London concerts. Sadly... few months later Michael's death brought him back... 1000% alive in my heart... I listen, sing and dance (!!!) at home dayly to the brilliant music of this Man.

Last edited:

23, fans for 19-20 years.

First video my dad have of me "dancing" to MJ is me 3 years old. :lol:

I remember when I was 5-6 years old I sang MJ at the top of my voice - and I knew not one word of english. :lol: I think grownups, and people who knew english had a good laugh on my behalf.

I am 22 years old. I've been a fan of Michael since I was 8 :)

I hope this makes sense...here goes
Well im 19 and have been a fan since i was 11, so thats 8 years.
I first heard Michael sing like on tv when i was much younger, but i mean i
was to young to really appreciate it like. However back in 2003 when i was 11
my primary school went on a trip to England for 5 days. we went from here by bus/boat
and no joke literally the whole way over on the bus MJ music was playing
the bus driver was a big fan..and was playing the cd's.
so basically when we went to England, we went to this big shopping outlet in Manchester for one of the days
while we were there, i went into this shop, and bought the number ones album and from then on i was hooked on MJ's
music.Whenever i was 11 i didnt really know how he looked or how sexy he was...so its only in the past 2-3 years have
i really gotten to know how he looks properly like. i mean of course i knew how he looked through his music videos
but thats as far as it went...it wasnt until i discovered MJJC did i really get into his looks :naughty:
im just ragin' i was too young to experience MJ during the BAD era...and although i was alive for dangerous/history etc
i didnt really know of MJ as such back then :(

I'm 28 and have been a fan for 19 years now. How time flies...:smilerolleyes:
I've always been drawn both to Michael's performing attributes and physical attributes.

Back