I just HATE this so much.

So i'll explain....

So last thursday (august 12t) i turned 28. But i decided to celebrate my birthday a week later, it was better for everyone that i invited. Among the invited were my uncle and aunt that i've known since i was born,basically. Inviting them to my birthday is just something that has become a standard, a normal thing, it's always great.

So later in the evening when everyone was here, one of the people asked if i could put some music or a video on. Since alot of the people here hadn't seen This is it yet, i decided to put the Blu-Ray in. All was good, until the end of the evening. My dad and his wife had left, and my aunt and uncle were still here. And out of the blue my aunt says...'I can't stand the guy...i just can't ' So i say 'Who?' . 'Him, Michael Jackson...can't stand him. He did alot ..ALOT of bad things in his life. And he got away with alot too.' . So i say 'Oh really? He actually did nothing but good in his life, but you never hear anyone about that' .

So she says 'The baby dangling, what normal parent in their right mind do that...my god that was horrible. Covering the children's faces, oh my god. Then his own face, he simply wanted to be a white man but he failed in doing so. But he definitely wanted that." So i explained about the vitiligo and also about how it was PROVEN (if that was even nessecary,sigh) in the autopsy results that he definitely did suffer from the disease. But it was pretty obvious that no matter what i said...it didn't matter ONE BIT. My uncle also went...believe me..with money you can do ALOT. It became pretty obvious quite soon that they read ALOT of tabloids (something i was kinda aware of already) and of course the HORRIBLE FUCKING media during the trial, which certainly didn't help AT ALL. It really is no wonder that so many people are misinformed. These peolpe will NEvER know what an incredible soul MJ was, wanted nothing but GOOD for this horrible rotten CRAP world...the world didn't deserve this person, NOT BY A LONG SHOT! God this pisses me off so bad...i can really say it ruined a bit of my celebration of my birthday.. Why the hell couldn't she keep this nonsense to herself when she's DAMN aware i am a hardcore fan. I mean...walk into my living room and you see a wall full of MJ posters, a glass case with MJ figurines and collectables, so it is pretty damn obvious at that moment that i am not a 'standard' fan, hell...she knows i've been a fan since my 5th.

She also said...'hell , he admitted to sleeping with children....i mean...' so i said...oh so that means he molests them too then?Come on now. And i just saw on her face that she didn't even take it seriously what i said..and said...come on now, lets be real. I am pretty sure this will never stop. The fear of knowing that someone will start shit talking him, when MJ is eventually brought up at a party, a meeting, a birthday .,,anywhere. I hate that fear. These situations make me think of when sometime i might get a girl again,and she might be against MJ. How i am gonna convince her, if even possible. Maybe i shouldn't worry about such things...but i just hate injustice so much and its incredibly frustrating to see how many people are so misinformed,ignorant and downright annoying as hell.

Jeez!!!!!!!!:evil:

oh yes, it happened to me too. With my aunt too. she had problems with him too. But after I showed her 'this is it' blu ray and changed her mind. I showed her DWT and BWT too. She's not a fan like me but at least she loves his music now and she's not being so hard on him. But let's face it, a lot of people have serious issues with Michael because they and/or the media don't try to clean the image they ruined. Makes me really sad everytime I think about it.

Exactly , alot of people are just like 'Heh...i read this and i read that, i heard this and that' and simply don't do their own research. They let the horrible media feed them all the nonsense and never the truth. What does it take for these people to realize how WRONG they are? A long article where it explains everything about the accusations in 93 and 2003? A video documentary? Sometimes i really wonder if i am or am not capable of convincing someone of MJ's innocence, to let them see how misinformed they are. Where do i start?

So i'll explain....

So last thursday (august 12t) i turned 28. But i decided to celebrate my birthday a week later, it was better for everyone that i invited. Among the invited were my uncle and aunt that i've known since i was born,basically. Inviting them to my birthday is just something that has become a standard, a normal thing, it's always great.

So later in the evening when everyone was here, one of the people asked if i could put some music or a video on. Since alot of the people here hadn't seen This is it yet, i decided to put the Blu-Ray in. All was good, until the end of the evening. My dad and his wife had left, and my aunt and uncle were still here. And out of the blue my aunt says...'I can't stand the guy...i just can't ' So i say 'Who?' . 'Him, Michael Jackson...can't stand him. He did alot ..ALOT of bad things in his life. And he got away with alot too.' . So i say 'Oh really? He actually did nothing but good in his life, but you never hear anyone about that' .

So she says 'The baby dangling, what normal parent in their right mind do that...my god that was horrible. Covering the children's faces, oh my god. Then his own face, he simply wanted to be a white man but he failed in doing so. But he definitely wanted that." So i explained about the vitiligo and also about how it was PROVEN (if that was even nessecary,sigh) in the autopsy results that he definitely did suffer from the disease. But it was pretty obvious that no matter what i said...it didn't matter ONE BIT. My uncle also went...believe me..with money you can do ALOT. It became pretty obvious quite soon that they read ALOT of tabloids (something i was kinda aware of already) and of course the HORRIBLE FUCKING media during the trial, which certainly didn't help AT ALL. It really is no wonder that so many people are misinformed. These peolpe will NEvER know what an incredible soul MJ was, wanted nothing but GOOD for this horrible rotten CRAP world...the world didn't deserve this person, NOT BY A LONG SHOT! God this pisses me off so bad...i can really say it ruined a bit of my celebration of my birthday.. Why the hell couldn't she keep this nonsense to herself when she's DAMN aware i am a hardcore fan. I mean...walk into my living room and you see a wall full of MJ posters, a glass case with MJ figurines and collectables, so it is pretty damn obvious at that moment that i am not a 'standard' fan, hell...she knows i've been a fan since my 5th.

She also said...'hell , he admitted to sleeping with children....i mean...' so i said...oh so that means he molests them too then?Come on now. And i just saw on her face that she didn't even take it seriously what i said..and said...come on now, lets be real. I am pretty sure this will never stop. The fear of knowing that someone will start shit talking him, when MJ is eventually brought up at a party, a meeting, a birthday .,,anywhere. I hate that fear. These situations make me think of when sometime i might get a girl again,and she might be against MJ. How i am gonna convince her, if even possible. Maybe i shouldn't worry about such things...but i just hate injustice so much and its incredibly frustrating to see how many people are so misinformed,ignorant and downright annoying as hell.

Jeez!!!!!!!!:evil:

that's really really tough. in your own family, steeping in your own home? that's gotta be doubly tough.

how ironic that people seem to treat a non criminal like a criminal and have sympathy for criminals.

i have to say..that's never been a problem in my family. we've had fallings out about things, but we all were cool about Michael Jackson..and stil are. and that's even more ironic.

I feel you...

I sometimes dont even feel like fighting their stupidity anymore!
When they talk THAT respectless about Michael it tells me something about them

Depending on who it (close relative or vaque friend/colleque, etc) i decide whether i wanna continue beign around them or not....

What your aunt did was just plain rude, especially considering she was at your place and knows you are a fan for a long time now.

I found out that it works best by confronting them with the fact that by badmouting Michael they are hurting Me too!

"You know i love him and spent time getting to know the FACTS (not the media-lies), so why are you deliberately hurting me by talking about him that way, do you personally know him?coz you certainly sound like you do."

Something like that....

Usually they are speechless after that.

oooh dude, I totally know how you feel...I think we all do...It's so hard to try to explain this type of thing to people...they just DON'T know, understand, care...whatever....they're stuck in their own narrow minds and refuse to look at anything any different....Personally, I feel sorry for them, that they will never know the real Michael, and experience what a truly great man he was....They will never know, not because we as fans don't try to educate them, but because they don't WANT to know....It's pathetic and sad, really...I have a 'friend' whom I used to hang out with quite a bit, and one time, at a party we were at, someone mentioned something about Michael, and she said something quite nasty...that she's never liked his music....and i asked her why, and she said, 'cuz he molests little kids'....i was like, WTF? you're 28 years old and you're talking like that...? it was just so judgmental, narrow-minded, cruel, and just plain childish...and I can honestly say, I pretty much stopped talking to her.....I'm still acquainted with her, but I don't actually hang out with her anymore....Not just because she said that about Michael, whom I adore with all my heart and soul, but because, in general, it just showed me what a cold person she can be....and she doesn't care...I refuse to be associated with those type of people anymore....

i am so sorry that happened to you...unfortunately sometimes no matter how hard we try..there is jsut no changing peoples minds. I agree with 144,000.....people in my extended family...know better than to say anything about Michael ...atleast in front of me anyway....so yeah we are all cool with that too. The only thing is..my mother cannot understand why I loved him as a child..but still loved him as an adult. She jsut cannot put that together....and why I cried when he passed away. I think it is because she is from a different generation and she doesn't understand these kind of things. But....she has never said anything bad to me about MJ either. So who knows why people do what they do and say what they say. When people are in YOUR home they should never disrespect your feelings towards anything...especially Michael. Maybe someday it will get easier for us to defend Michael and people will actually stopped being so closed minded.

It's annoying when people speak about michael from using tabloids as their sources, it's even more annoying when you try to let them know the facts and they refuse to believe it. In these situations you can just try to beat them with knowledge, educate them and if they refuse to listen or try to learn the truth then they're just ignorant but at least you told them the facts.

yeah, that's never happened in my family- and they're lucky it hasnt!! :p

But yeah, it sucks when there are people who have "made their mind up" about him..it's like "HELLO, you got your info from tabloids!!! They're all wrong!!!"

I usually try to turn it around on people, like what would you do if you felt betrayed by people, but then when you were around kids u felt a sort of peace, and loved the way they didnt judge u (like the rest of the world), and their innocence (unlike the greedy judgemental people you've met), and couldn't stand when they got hurt, or wanted them to shape our future...if u felt that way about kids and had NO sexual intent whatsoever-how would u feel if the tabloids turned it into something dirty...etc

the thing i don't get is, she knew you are a hardcore fan and still have to say that?
in your birthday?!

Yeah exacly...
That really tells how rude they are...

I would be SO pissed off!

(and depending on my mood i'd tellthem or i'd ignore them from now on).

I'm sorry that happened to you on your birthday, especially since they knew you are a fan. I had a similar experience last Xmas where I got a bunch of MJ gifts. Some of my family members said things I dare not repeat here. :no: That's why I never talk about MJ to people. I don't want to hear all that crap and I'm just not very good at coming up with a response in defense on the spot. So, I don't talk about Michael unless the subject comes up. I'm glad at least my mom likes him, so there's not a problem there. And now I think the rest of my family knows well enough to shut up about Michael because they will get the evil eye lol. Unfortunately, I think people are afraid to admit it when they are wrong, so that's why they won't back away when you challenge them with the facts. Sometimes that's just how people are. That's my theory on why some people won't believe the facts even when you lay it all out for them. They don't want to be seen as in the wrong.

that's really really tough. in your own family, steeping in your own home? that's gotta be doubly tough.

how ironic that people seem to treat a non criminal like a criminal and have sympathy for criminals.

i have to say..that's never been a problem in my family. we've had fallings out about things, but we all were cool about Michael Jackson..and stil are. and that's even more ironic.

She's not really 100% family, just a very good aunt ever since i've been born. But i am not sure if i consider them family. I am really really glad that my mother,brother,father,stepmother all believe in Michael. They didn't even need to hear the facts from me, they just see it when they see Michael in a video and they unlike some other people..think with logic and reason.

I feel you...

I sometimes dont even feel like fighting their stupidity anymore!
When they talk THAT respectless about Michael it tells me something about them

Depending on who it (close relative or vaque friend/colleque, etc) i decide whether i wanna continue beign around them or not....

What your aunt did was just plain rude, especially considering she was at your place and knows you are a fan for a long time now.

I found out that it works best by confronting them with the fact that by badmouting Michael they are hurting Me too!

"You know i love him and spent time getting to know the FACTS (not the media-lies), so why are you deliberately hurting me by talking about him that way, do you personally know him?coz you certainly sound like you do."

Something like that....

Usually they are speechless after that.

That is a very good way to say it, i didn't think of that. But yeah, it was pretty bad of her to say that, and so unnessecary. AND not the first time, last year....again during my birthday (and it wasn't even so long after his passing) and she basically said the same things, and then my father interrupted her and said 'Why don't they ever tell you about the millions of dollars he donated to charity?' He explained about how MJ grew up, of course life is not gonna be 'normal' but fact remains that these accusations came from money hungry parents, horrible people. And that time it seemed like she was starting to believe it, but obviously not. But i just don't get it why she couldn't have kept this to herself.

oooh dude, I totally know how you feel...I think we all do...It's so hard to try to explain this type of thing to people...they just DON'T know, understand, care...whatever....they're stuck in their own narrow minds and refuse to look at anything any different....Personally, I feel sorry for them, that they will never know the real Michael, and experience what a truly great man he was....They will never know, not because we as fans don't try to educate them, but because they don't WANT to know....It's pathetic and sad, really...I have a 'friend' whom I used to hang out with quite a bit, and one time, at a party we were at, someone mentioned something about Michael, and she said something quite nasty...that she's never liked his music....and i asked her why, and she said, 'cuz he molests little kids'....i was like, WTF? you're 28 years old and you're talking like that...? it was just so judgmental, narrow-minded, cruel, and just plain childish...and I can honestly say, I pretty much stopped talking to her.....I'm still acquainted with her, but I don't actually hang out with her anymore....Not just because she said that about Michael, whom I adore with all my heart and soul, but because, in general, it just showed me what a cold person she can be....and she doesn't care...I refuse to be associated with those type of people anymore....

Good on you for not hanging out with that person anymore, i can understand you 100% on that. It can also come as a surprise, to find out how people think about MJ, when you least expect it from them.

i am so sorry that happened to you...unfortunately sometimes no matter how hard we try..there is jsut no changing peoples minds. I agree with 144,000.....people in my extended family...know better than to say anything about Michael ...atleast in front of me anyway....so yeah we are all cool with that too. The only thing is..my mother cannot understand why I loved him as a child..but still loved him as an adult. She jsut cannot put that together....and why I cried when he passed away. I think it is because she is from a different generation and she doesn't understand these kind of things. But....she has never said anything bad to me about MJ either. So who knows why people do what they do and say what they say. When people are in YOUR home they should never disrespect your feelings towards anything...especially Michael. Maybe someday it will get easier for us to defend Michael and people will actually stopped being so closed minded.

I hope so, i truly hope so. And while maybe alot of people might have changed their views on this, i believe alot of people like my aunt remain. And we got the media to thank for that...the media in general really. I really don't believe there's much good media left. Practically every damn media source during the trial was copying everything from eachother, all the nonsense and NO TRUTH.

the thing i don't get is, she knew you are a hardcore fan and still have to say that?
in your birthday?!

Yep, for some reason she just couldn't keep it to herself. She did say it very softly..and i really wasn't aware whom she meant, cause it came so unexpected. So she probably hoped i hadn't heard it.

It's annoying when people speak about michael from using tabloids as their sources, it's even more annoying when you try to let them know the facts and they refuse to believe it. In these situations you can just try to beat them with knowledge, educate them and if they refuse to listen or try to learn the truth then they're just ignorant but at least you told them the facts.

Yeah, but maybe i don't come across convincing enough to explain it. I think thats the case, or these people are just so stubborn and dont even want to consider the possibility of him being innocent.

yeah, that's never happened in my family- and they're lucky it hasnt!! :p

But yeah, it sucks when there are people who have "made their mind up" about him..it's like "HELLO, you got your info from tabloids!!! They're all wrong!!!"

I usually try to turn it around on people, like what would you do if you felt betrayed by people, but then when you were around kids u felt a sort of peace, and loved the way they didnt judge u (like the rest of the world), and their innocence (unlike the greedy judgemental people you've met), and couldn't stand when they got hurt, or wanted them to shape our future...if u felt that way about kids and had NO sexual intent whatsoever-how would u feel if the tabloids turned it into something dirty...etc

Also a very good explanation, makes alot of sense too. In just a few minutes you explain alot of important things about the man.

Good on you for not hanging out with that person anymore, i can understand you 100% on that. It can also come as a surprise, to find out how people think about MJ, when you least expect it from them.

Thanks...it's nice for me though, because my entire family are fans of Michael, everyone knows I'm crazy about him....they have nothing but nice things to say about him...they focus on his MUSIC...

I don't hear a whole lot of negative things being said about him around me, but when it does happen, it feels like I've been punched in the stomach...I just get to the point where I don't even want to talk about him with those types of people because they're not worth explaining Michael's magic to...

Being a fan of Michael has made me a better person, and I've learned from him to stick to your guns no matter what....that's why I dropped this girl as a friend because it's just bullshit to me....shallow, narrow-minded people have no place in my life....it is much harder though, when it's a family member...but hang in there...we're always here for you in this community...:huggy:

well you sound to me like you can be a VERY convincing person when it comes to convincing people about Michael. You are doing the right thing. Just try not to get so upset...it's not good for your blood pressure. Believe me I speak from experience...:)

well you sound to me like you can be a VERY convincing person when it comes to convincing people about Michael. You are doing the right thing. Just try not to get so upset...it's not good for your blood pressure. Believe me I speak from experience...:)

Thanks, but you know what the thing is? On the internet, a messageboard i might appear to be very convincing. But from person to person, face to face, i don't know about that. My aunt is English, so she doesn't speak Dutch. So i had to explain the few things in English, but she really didn't seem to care much. She had her mind made up already completely. So maybe it's just the people that are very hard to convince. Maybe when i meet someone who has a more open mind and actually wants to LEARN and hear my opinion, that i might be really convincing. I probably haven't met that person yet.

Thanks, but you know what the thing is? On the internet, a messageboard i might appear to be very convincing. But from person to person, face to face, i don't know about that. My aunt is English, so she doesn't speak Dutch. So i had to explain the few things in English, but she really didn't seem to care much. She had her mind made up already completely. So maybe it's just the people that are very hard to convince. Maybe when i meet someone who has a more open mind and actually wants to LEARN and hear my opinion, that i might be really convincing. I probably haven't met that person yet.

I'm the same as you...I can express myself much better if I can write/type it out...But the person you're trying to convince should WANT to learn the truth....it's useless if you can't get through a thick skull ...those people don't DESERVE to know Michael's goodness...:D

^^ I actually don't know....:blush: I was reading an article about Michael a while ago...and this quote was actually one of the readers' comments :D

I have to put up with this a lot at work. Fortunately my family members are all big fans ( not as big as I am). I actually had a work mate (who is a big fan by the way) who said he paid a doctor to give him vitiligo to lighten his skin because of his self hate. I asked this person if they even understood the stupidity of that.

Why can't people use simply reasoning skills?

I have to put up with this a lot at work. Fortunately my family members are all big fans ( not as big as I am). I actually had a work mate (who is a big fan by the way) who said he paid a doctor to give him vitiligo to lighten his skin because of his self hate. I asked this person if they even understood the stupidity of that.

Why can't people use simply reasoning skills?
Noooooo, terrible.... :(

It's hard being a fan of MJ. The more you explain to people and show the facts that show the truth about Michael, people will not believe. They refuse to believe, but they believe in what the press says about Michael and all those bullshits. Well, we must continue doing, does not stop showing the truth about Michael, even if those people never believe. I hope these people change their opinion about Michael. :pray:

I'm sorry that this happened to you on your birthday.

I have family like this too & they were saying similar things just a week after June 25th 09, even though they know how much i :heart: him.

This is a horrible thing to do, especially in your birthday! I hate when this happens, hurt so much. And what I hate more is ppl that talked these things generally just know nothing about Michael!! They read the worst tabloide and believe in.

It hurts when people talk mess about him and say that don't care for him! Then why do they even run their mouths for? They repeat all these lies they heard and when u give them facts they say "I don't care!" or "But, still!" lol O_0

I had a relative come over my house the other day with their kids and they saw a pic on my computer of MJ's youngest child and one of the kids said under his breath to his dad and other brothers "oh I hope MJ didn't molest him too!" :O OH NO!

I was pissed off! "I said what you said" and the kid said it again under his breath and I said "no, say it louder! So I then said "Where you get that from" and he pointed at his dad!

SHOCKED...I said why would you say that to him? They all was embarrassed! I told them "to prove it!" and that their dad was stupid and don't no what he talking about! And they laugh at there dad! I ask the kid do u really believe that? He put his head down and said "No!"

I hate how some parents can have control over there kids when it comes to forming a wrong opinion of someone! So I said out loud now "y'all really pissing me off!" The father said "Sorry" But, that fucked my whole mood up and I wanted them out my house as soon as possible, I couldn't wait until they left! I shall never forget that one! Because I know that deep inside they all really believed it!

I feel you man. It's really disappointing when family or anyone you love can be so ignorant. For me it's always been this one older cousin of mine who has known how much I love him for basically my whole life. To top it off she's a lawyer and has one of those argumentative personalities. I used to send all sorts of articles and facts from the trial, but now I don't even try. To me, it says more about the person who talks bad about Michael. Especially when they know how much you love him! At the end of the day, you're still family, so it would be good if you explicitly told them to never talk bad about Michael around you again. That's just disrespectful.

'Him, Michael Jackson...can't stand him. He did alot ..ALOT of bad things in his life. And he got away with alot too.'

Reading that line truly broke my heart. :cry:

I really hate people like that. They need to get their heads out of there asses and not talk garbage on somebody they obviously know nothing about. They're not worth our time. I promise you that.

Why do you even bother attemtping to sway these people, against all odds? It is evident that they are unwilling to listen to the voice of reason in favour of keeping their misconceptions about Michael intact. Let them do so, by all means. We all know who the better human being is.

Just because you are biologically related to these people does not mean that you need to put up with their crap. If they're too disrespectful and insensitive to see that their comments hurt you, perhaps contact with them isn't the best of ideas. My point is, this isn't really about Michael Jackson. It's about respect. If they've got an ounce of that for you, they'll bite their tongue for your sake, if nothing else. If they can't even do that for you, then their sentiments for you and what you care for are pretty clear.

I would, of course, confront them about it. Tell them how their comments made you feel. If they continue to slander the things and people you love despite your protests, consider distancing yourself from them little by little. Such people aren't worth being in contact with, believe me, and your mental health will thank you if you keep interaction with them to the bare minimum, if at all...

...that choice is yours to make.

It helps me sometimes when instead of trying to convince people like this to come around, I just intentionally annoy them so that they are frustrated instead of me.

Like if someone says "he did this and that and he got away with it because of who he is." Instead of spending unnecessary time trying to instill reason into a person who probably isn't going to listen to it no matter what, you can piss them the hell off by responding with something like "yeah I know isn't it awesome? He's Michael Jackson bro! King of Pop!". Or if you say that he can't possibly have done all that bad stuff simply because Thriller is so great. They don't like it lol. Instead of being offended, you can really offend a stupid person by playing the role of an MJ fan who doesn't give a fuck about anything right or wrong and supports him no matter what. I once responded to someone who said "think of all those children..." by saying "a reasonable sacrifice for the greatest entertainer who ever lived." They got MAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Now mind you, I don't believe those statements for a second, but I am (usually) at the point now where I care so little about what these people think that I cannot be bothered to waste energy on them and I would rather just use their own ignorant thoughts to get to them instead of letting them get to me. The only time I'll attempt to seriously debate about it now is when I'm really really really really really F'ing bored.

Last edited:
^ I actually tried that method once as a young girl and it shout the person up and they look at me disgusted! So, I felt gross and stupid for doing it and it obviously didn't help the situation! So, I never did that shit again! lol I prefer to see their dumb faces when they are surprise that I know all thae facts and they get all embarrASSed and stay silent! YEP! :D

Back