Is AMERICAN IDOL Ending??

i hope it does. it's been on almost 10 years and it ain't getting any better. sure you have a few talents here and there but on a whole more acts are forgettable than memorable IMO. tired of the same predictable fixed elements of the show.

I hope it dies a quick death soon. That show hasn't done the music industry any favors. It's basically just the glorification of a bunch of wedding singers.

I don't see it going anywhere soon..

ratings dropped from last year, but it's still the largest rated show by far.. so!!!!!!!

there would not be any point to cancel it.. it's making great money.

They need to change some things around....

the contestants singing on the stage for just 1 minute and a half is ridiculous.

instead of singing three songs in one hour, have them sing one, and sing a full one

anyway, that's my opinion on the show.

i love that show, so i dont want it to end, even tho the people this year weren't that memorable in my opinion

I hope it ends after the try outs, I'm out, I can't stand to see them drag out that competition the way they do.

Mtv's dance crew show, now that's a good show, I hope that continues.

why they would cancel a multi-million dollar ad Juggernaut is beyond me ...

Good luck to my little David A. :

American Idol isn't going anywhere. Ratings are down but it is still the top rated show on television. All tv ratings are down in general, not just AI. Don't like it- change the channel. There's at least a few years left in the show.

The only way I see American Idol end is if Simon decides to leave for real this time. He's been threatening to leave for the past couple of seasons, but he keeps on being offered more and more money. If it weren't for him, I don't think the show would be 1/2 as good.

Last edited:
I hope not because I love seeing the auditions of that show. But after the auditions are over that is it for me. I don't bother watching the rest of the show. Because the show really does suck and I still think the show is rigged for a certain contestant to win. When Carrie Underwood had won that one year. That was big enough proof right there that the show is rigged. Because she really was the worst one on the show that year. But those auditions is the only latest form of comedy I get to see from my country anymore. Well comedy that is actually worth watching.

I hope not because I love seeing the auditions of that show. But after the auditions are over that is it for me. I don't bother watching the rest of the show. Because the show really does suck and I still think the show is rigged for a certain contestant to win. When Carrie Underwood had won that one year. That was big enough proof right there that the show is rigged. Because she really was the worst one on the show that year. But those auditions is the only latest form of comedy I get to see from my country anymore. Well comedy that is actually worth watching.

Me too, I enjoy watching the auditions :D
Expect now, when David is in final, I have to watch further :wub::doh:

yea auditions are great..but they said the ratings were down 3 years ago too right?, so either way its still always number 1 or 2. so the fans shouldnt worry

but i kinda want the show to end sometimes..it does help people get a chance to sing, but then i only think of them as ' american idol singers' rather than singers. plus the singers who arent successfull end up as tv hosts or something like that..and its like go away already you didnt make it!
plus people can get so insulted on that show to the point they cant get a career at all in the industry.

plus i didnt care for anybody this season at all! ehh

but they do win grammys and an oscar apparently so i doubt the show will end.

Last edited:
I have not watched that show since the second season, I do not really get all the hype.

Back