Is the Estate still planning to release HIStory Tour 3D?

Time for Bad Tour on blu-ray!!!!!!
Once it's done, Michael's legacy as live performer will be safe for ever.

What I believe analogue was referring to in the original post you replied to was the 'werewolf transformation' scene at the start of the Thriller performance on the HIStory tour. You'll remember the two screens joining at the back of the stage and playing various edited sequences from the Thriller video.

That's exactly what i was talking about. The performance itself is laughable cheesy but the clip from the actual music video just before the performance starts may be too scary for kids.

But seeing the really hyper MJ impersonator on stage wearing that cheesy werewolf mask is hilarious

Like GoFlying said some time ago, hell will probably freeze over before we get a new Bad tour release considering the less-than-stellar sales of Bad 25.

I honestly think we should leave Michael's tours alone and not release any more for some time. He was a phenomenal showman, but we would be buying practically the exact same show for every tour.

Let's say the estate releases Los Angeles 1989. It will be identical to Wembley so much that it wouldn't be worth buying. A few new ad libs? Big deal. Same situation with any other tour.

Like GoFlying said some time ago, hell will probably freeze over before we get a new Bad tour release considering the less-than-stellar sales of Bad 25.

I honestly think we should leave Michael's tours alone and not release any more for some time. He was a phenomenal showman, but we would be buying practically the exact same show for every tour.

Let's say the estate releases Los Angeles 1989. It will be identical to Wembley so much that it wouldn't be worth buying. A few new ad libs? Big deal. Same situation with any other tour.

More concerts should be released. I want to see Michael's concerts more than I want to hear new music. Bad Tour Blu-Ray would feel very different compared to Wembley dvd because camera angles are not the same and it would he HD. Compare Wembley dvd to this:

Bad Tour concert in quality like that would be amazing! That is the release I want most. :)

Last edited:
BAD Tour Wembley & Aintree were shot on film, confirmed! 2018.. Moonwalker & BAD Tour Blu-Ray Re-Release? BAD25 only had terrible sales cos' of the lack of promotion, the problem of not identifying the films till after the release meaning we got a low quality DVD and the over compressed Live CD! they shouldn't base sales of bad25 on what a Full HD BAD Tour show would achieve! they could do screening's of the filmed shows at arenas, promote it on television, radio, the news, anywhere they can! show clips of Michael performing as teasers! on popular slots, maybe during the x factor and dancing on ice like the three minite this is it advertisement! have billboards, magazine articles, the possibilities are endless to make it successful! don't just throw it out and expect it to sell well, that's self destructive. Do competitions, for example tickets to screening's in private venues! maybe Los Angeles. get the news out there, show it on BBC & MTV like Queen did with there 1981 Hungarian Rhapsody, create a vogue edition of the BAD Tour, an ebony edition of the BAD Tour with those PhotoShoots! what I'm summing it up as though, don't judge it until you give it a proper release. for example This Is It, the end. now, enjoy the untouched magic of pristine quality BAD Tour footage, credits to Warner Bro's. Rudolf & Spike Lee :D

Michael´s dancing on History tour were great :wub:

We aren't getting a Bad Tour Blu-Ray. It isn't happening. Bad 25 was the chance, it wasn't done. This amazingly hyped ad for a 25+ year old concert isn't going to happen. The odd teaser every now and then on TV maybe. This is It was huge because it was actually the man himself.. People were actually going to see the man. No DVD. No Blu. Nothing. Just the man, for the first time in years. That's why it was huge.. It just isn't happening.

We aren't getting a Bad Tour Blu-Ray. It isn't happening. Bad 25 was the chance, it wasn't done. This amazingly hyped ad for a 25+ year old concert isn't going to happen. The odd teaser every now and then on TV maybe. This is It was huge because it was actually the man himself.. People were actually going to see the man. No DVD. No Blu. Nothing. Just the man, for the first time in years. That's why it was huge.. It just isn't happening.

don't see why you're being a suck up to the crappy quality VHS! even the VHS is better quality than the "restoration" they did. and I don't think you realise that concerts don't need anniversaries to be released. Hungarian Rhapsody, no anniversary. All I'm saying is that the estate are fools if they don't release this Tour on Blu-Ray! it would do well, and I know it would. I'm not gonna say anymore cos' just disregarding any future projects is delusional. BAD Tour is there most profitable Tour. everyone knows that.

don't see why you're being a suck up to the crappy quality VHS! even the VHS is better quality than the "restoration" they did. and I don't think you realise that concerts don't need anniversaries to be released. Hungarian Rhapsody, no anniversary. All I'm saying is that the estate are fools if they don't release this Tour on Blu-Ray! it would do well, and I know it would. I'm not gonna say anymore cos' just disregarding any future projects is delusional. BAD Tour is there most profitable Tour. everyone knows that.

It's called accepting what we got and moving on. I enjoyed the concert, and still do. Clearly by Bad 25, the Bad Tour is not the most profitable tour. If you look at the facts and figures, the Dangerous Tour is with the Bucharest release. Disregarding future projects or being realistic in a business sense? If they failed so recently with pretty much the same thing, it wouldn't make sense to do it again straight away, when there is things people want more like studio footage.

It's called accepting what we got and moving on. I enjoyed the concert, and still do. Clearly by Bad 25, the Bad Tour is not the most profitable tour. If you look at the facts and figures, the Dangerous Tour is with the Bucharest release. Disregarding future projects or being realistic in a business sense? If they failed so recently with pretty much the same thing, it wouldn't make sense to do it again straight away, when there is things people want more like studio footage.

wasn't suppose to press the thanks button. and again, the comparing sales with BAD25!! I know that with more promotion that would've sold far more than it did. sales has nothing to do with this, Bucharest had more promotion anyway and most copies were sold in 2009 when clips from that DVD were being shown on the news. their's no point in comparing sales of anything because the recent promotion has been crap.

wasn't suppose to press the thanks button. and again, the comparing sales with BAD25!! I know that with more promotion that would've sold far more than it did. sales has nothing to do with this, Bucharest had more promotion anyway and most copies were sold in 2009 when clips from that DVD were being shown on the news. their's no point in comparing sales of anything because the recent promotion has been crap.

You said it was the most profitable tour. To say something like that, you look into the figures which were very disappointing. I was only pointing out that it wasn't the most profitable tour. Dangerous Tour didn't get mad promotion. It came out just over a month after the whole world was on a witch hunt of the man. That couldn't be at a worse time. It still got to number one on a lot of DVD charts. Comparing the two at the time, which I did, Bucharest outsold Bad. Both didn't have groundbreaking promotion. Bucharest still did better. The Bad promotion was crap. So was Bucharest. Therefore, you can compare sales.

You said it was the most profitable tour. To say something like that, you look into the figures which were very disappointing. I was only pointing out that it wasn't the most profitable tour. Dangerous Tour didn't get mad promotion. It came out just over a month after the whole world was on a witch hunt of the man. That couldn't be at a worse time. It still got to number one on a lot of DVD charts. Comparing the two at the time, which I did, Bucharest outsold Bad. Both didn't have groundbreaking promotion. Bucharest still did better. The Bad promotion was crap. So was Bucharest. Therefore, you can compare sales.

thing is, Bucharest couldn't have been in Cinemas! BAD Tour Film Reel can be!! at 4K Resolution, meaning you will see each detail in the image at bigger than human size!! Cinema release will give it more promotion an will get more people's attention and will probably make 100's millions there also! so it can make them huge profits!

thing is, Bucharest couldn't have been in Cinemas! BAD Tour Film Reel can be!! at 4K Resolution, meaning you will see each detail in the image at bigger than human size!! Cinema release will give it more promotion an will get more people's attention and will probably make 100's millions there also! so it can make them huge profits!

Most blockbuster films don't make much more than that. It would cost hundreds of thousands to;
Locate the film
Scan the film
Clean the film
Edit the film together
Piece it for release
Release it

It would cost huge. The profit wouldn't be guaranteed to be big enough to spend that much effort and time on it when there are other easier and cheaper things to put out.

I think that with Bad 25 a lot of people didn't know what was going on. They probably thought that it was just a re-release of the Bad album and nothing more

Most blockbuster films don't make much more than that. It would cost hundreds of thousands to;
Locate the film
Scan the film
Clean the film
Edit the film together
Piece it for release
Release it

It would cost huge. The profit wouldn't be guaranteed to be big enough to spend that much effort and time on it when there are other easier and cheaper things to put out.

Go flying stated that the films were identified and catalogued after the release of BAD25 las t year! and at that time it was also revealed that the estate were digitising the archive! the film reel footage for the BAD Short films was on Martin Scorcesse's computer when he was running through it and showing the short snippets so..

Time for Bad Tour on blu-ray!!!!!!
Once it's done, Michael's legacy as live performer will be safe for ever.

How dare you? Michael already secured his legacy LONG TIME ago since he proved no one else would achieve the huge accomplishments he got in our time. It's just a matter to keep it unforgettable.

It would never make 100's of millions...

It would never make 100's of millions...

it could do with the right promotion, editing and directions! what I'm saying is, anything else from the BAD Tour in HD when promoted right will sell far more than BAD25! including Moonwalker also

nah.

The highest grossing concert films have gone up to the 70 million range (Hannah Montana/Bieber/One Direction type acts).

This Is It made over 200 million worldwide because it came out very close after his death and everyone wanted to see what he was working on when he died.

A concert film from a 26 year old tour would not come close to that. Not that it would flop necessarily, but 100's is really reaching.

I still think it should be released, but only if they can't release the bad tour in hd. I actually really like the Munich concert (the edited version is better) but because fans have seen it so many times they need to do something to make it different. This is why I think they need to use live vocals and perhaps even change some of the shots. In some shots the unedited version is better so they should re-edit some of the shots to have the best camera work possible. The audience is also really subdued in this show so they should take out the crowd shots almost completely, this would give it a much more intimate feel too. Could be truly awesome.

If Bad Tour can be released in HD it would be crazy not to release it. Just look at Moonwalker MITM and APOM(music video and Spike Lee's Bad 25 edit). The footage is amazing! They can release other tours after that. :)

nah.

The highest grossing concert films have gone up to the 70 million range (Hannah Montana/Bieber/One Direction type acts).

This Is It made over 200 million worldwide because it came out very close after his death and everyone wanted to see what he was working on when he died.

A concert film from a 26 year old tour would not come close to that. Not that it would flop necessarily, but 100's is really reaching.

We're not talking about simple Blu-ray release. If you take under consideration that it would hit the theatres worldwide then this 100mln$ make sense. With a proper promo campaign and stuff it could really reach it. But people need to know that the release would be Michael Jackson in his best shape, that the tour is the highest grossing one and is fully sung live (they can edit Bad and MITM from other show if they're not originally live at the one that would be released). The quality really matters. If I was an average Smith and saw this "promo" of Bad 25th Live in Wembley on TV, I woulnd't even pay attention to that after seeing the quality. Who, if isn't a fan, would buy someting like that VHS quality these days?!

Yes, the Estate is still doing the project.

But it takes time and money.

I was told by a very important man that they found a rare HD quality concert material in Europe, the format is rare.

But they didn't say which stop.

So they are doing it. but not for this year.

And the 3D HIStory is for theater release.

Awesome!!! Thanks!

Because he needed money, because he needed to promote his album, because Sony and his business partners pressured him to go on tour.

Do what? Have such insomnia that they are only able to sleep with propofol on a physically demanding tour?

Yeah, and despite of not singing Michael did work hard considering the circumstances. I guess he could have imagined a better "vacation" for himself than to have to sleep with Propofol every night and try to please his fans.

That is just wrong. He used Propofol just twice during that year and a half tour, NOT "every night"!

let's stop saying "if it can be HD" have you seen Moonwalker & BAD25 only good decent length in time part? (APOM) they're scanned in 1080p resolution, so when they were scanned they lost 3/4 of the detail in the original film!! The films were catalogued and identified last year after being sent to the archive and remaining there for 25 years by Patrick Kelley! Aintree & two wembley shows are confirmed to have been shot on film. Do you really think in 20 years when 4k is the standard that the public will come back and watch a VHS quality show? or would they buy a Blu-Ray? and play it on there 4k tv's? I know which I'd do (will do) all I'm saying is, leaving it at a VHS quality is dumb and not a thought out future plan. Cinema release of each Tour please, thanks :D

Yes, the Estate is still doing the project.

But it takes time and money.

I was told by a very important man that they found a rare HD quality concert material in Europe, the format is rare.

But they didn't say which stop.

So they are doing it. but not for this year.

And the 3D HIStory is for theater release.

will be interesting to see which show they found in HD, Munich first comes to mind. But why would they say rare? hope it's a 1996 show!!!! maybe Zaragoza Spain? *.* or Prague? glad they said rare! gives it less chance to be Munich :D

Someone needs to go through all European shows and see which ones we've seen least of.

Why is this all again about films & Bad tour? It can be discussed here. This is clearly a History tour thread.

I'm ok with Blu-Ray release of the Munich concert but it shouldn't be the first concert to be released in cinemas.

Back