It would be a crime not to perform, "Heartbreak Hotel"

Heartbreak Hotel was performed on the second leg of the bad tour.

and i wouldn't mind if Heartbreak Hotel replaced songs like You Are Not Alone and Heal The World.

Your right, I forgot about that.

I dont agree with what the thread is saying. 1.It is nowhere near a crime if Michael doesnt perform it. Its just such a random song to say that its a crime if he doesnt perform it. I could maybe understand with songs like Dirty Diana, but Heartbreak Hotel. For one thing its a Jacksons song (I know Michael did actually write it).

What would be a crime is Heartbreak Hotel being on the set list where as a Michael Jackson hit song would potentially be left of.

2.Heartbreak Hotel being on the set list could mean the likes of, Dirty Diana, Main In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone, Heal The World, Blood on the dance floor, you rock my world etc would be left of.

I have said this so many times since he announced the tour, but these shows arent just for us. They are for all people who like Michael Jacksons music and would like to see him live. I agree we should be more important, but not 3.if it means we would ruin the set list and stuff it full of songs that nobody knows apart from us.

Lets say we are talking about what songs we want to see him do that he hasnt done before, or not as regularly. There are TONS of songs that should be considered before Heartbreak Hotel. Unbreakable, Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, Whatever Happens, One More Chance, Who is it, Remember The Time and not to mention new songs he might decide to do. But that doesnt mean we should make a thread for each song we want to see performed either.

1.Who are u 2make such claims on sum elses opinion? if he feels its a crime thn its his right 2say so,and its not a random song especially since it was a hit song.

2. there is no way n hell michael wud replace any of those songs with HH,especially man in the mirror,and seeing how as those are more well known than HH i highly doubt that wud ruin the chances of those in the setlist,think logically now.

3.I didnt realize mj performin HH hotel wud ruin a setlist,its his song how n the hell wud it ruin the setlist? And if no1 knows it owell,does that mean they wont enjoy last i recall mike is doing the songs HIS FANS want 2hear. and most fans know HH.

i swear fans say the darnest things,comin n here like its written in stone that mike is doing the track, its not even on the damn list so the whinin is pointless

Well, I for one wouldn't give a damn if he would leave Billie Jean away and do Heartbreak hotel instead... Billie Jean has been done to death the past 25 years!

Are you high?
Leave Billie Jean out?
LOL!
Guaranteed most people there will be hyped up to see that epic Billie Jean performance
with the sparkling jacket, the fedora, white glove, the moonwalk, the spin and him goin on his toes.
No offence to HH but Billie Jean cannot be replaced.

would be a crime if Michael perform the same songs of their previous tour like You're Not Alone, Earth Song, Black Or White

i hope Michael will be perform another songs like Get On The Floor and Unbreakable!
;)

1.Who are u 2make such claims on sum elses opinion? if he feels its a crime thn its his right 2say so,and its not a random song especially since it was a hit song.

He does have the right to say so, I agree. However he could have done so as part of another thread, and that doesnt mean I cant disagree with it and voice my opinion on why I dont think it is a crime :\ It was a hit song at the time yes, but the fact it is not a really well known song. If it came on at the concert, a ton of people wouldnt know what the song was.

2. there is no way n hell michael wud replace any of those songs with HH,especially man in the mirror,and seeing how as those are more well known than HH i highly doubt that wud ruin the chances of those in the setlist,think logically now.
I dont think you understand what im saying. Im not worried that Heartbreak hotel will take one of those songs place on the tour. If Heartbreak Hotel was on the set list, thats one less place on the set list for a bigger Michael Jackson hit to be on there, and lets face it. its going to be hard to squeeze as many on their as it is!

3.I didnt realize mj performin HH hotel wud ruin a setlist,its his song how n the hell wud it ruin the setlist? And if no1 knows it owell,does that mean they wont enjoy last i recall mike is doing the songs HIS FANS want 2hear. and most fans know HH.
It wouldnt ruin it, it would make it less better than it could be. Dont get me wrong, heartbreak hotel was amazing on the Bad Tour and I dont think he would even attempt it now. It was hard to do back then at 29, never mind now. With it not on the set list, it would leave room for another bigger Michael Jackson hit to be on it, which he could turn into an amazing performance. As I said above, its going to be hard to squeeze many of the hits on as it is, without putting Heartbreak Hotel on their.

i swear fans say the darnest things,comin n here like its written in stone that mike is doing the track, its not even on the damn list so the whinin is pointless

I quite the contray, I know for a fact it wont be on the set list because Michael is smarter than that. I dont actually think I have heard anyone complain thinking he was going to do it.

I actually think you ahve really misunderstood me.

BONGANI!!!!!!!!!! I'm adding you! It's me, Cassandra! WOOO!

And yes, I agree. :)

would be a crime if Michael perform the same songs of their previous tour like You're Not Alone, Earth Song, Black Or White

i hope Michael will be perform another songs like Get On The Floor and Unbreakable!
;)

Oh what are people thinking?

Ok lets just take away all the classics. We have a tour full of songs nobody even knows and Michael gets absolutely lashed by critics and his rep drops. Will you be happy then?

Michael needs to do all the classics, if people thought he would end up doing all unknown songs, the concerts would not have sold out anywhere near as fast. People have bought tickets expecting to see him belt out the classics. That is a fact! I honestly cannot believe people are seriously saying these things.

He does have the right to say so, I agree. However he could have done so as part of another thread, and that doesnt mean I cant disagree with it and voice my opinion on why I dont think it is a crime :\ It was a hit song at the time yes, but the fact it is not a really well known song. If it came on at the concert, a ton of people wouldnt know what the song was.

yet again who are u to say where he cud've done so. he felt the need 2 discuss this ONE particualr song hence him creating a seperate thread 4it. and u dont know how many pple will know the track are not. im sure pple r brushing off mj albums to be aware of whats 2come.

I dont think you understand what im saying. Im not worried that Heartbreak hotel will take one of those songs place on the tour. If Heartbreak Hotel was on the set list, thats one less place on the set list for a bigger Michael Jackson hit to be on there, and lets face it. its going to be hard to squeeze as many on their as it is!

thats understandable but tis thread is in appreciation 4 how awesome the song is live and 4 those who want 2hear it if u didnt wanna hear it the point of ur font is worthless

It wouldnt ruin it, it would make it less better than it could be. Dont get me wrong, heartbreak hotel was amazing on the Bad Tour and I dont think he would even attempt it now. It was hard to do back then at 29, never mind now. With it not on the set list, it would leave room for another bigger Michael Jackson hit to be on it, which he could turn into an amazing performance. As I said above, its going to be hard to squeeze many of the hits on as it is, without putting Heartbreak Hotel on their.

it wud make it less better? lmao now theres a knee slapper. 9times out of 10 the song wont be on the setlist and as u said u doubt it wud be so whats the point of ur post?

I quite the contray, I know for a fact it wont be on the set list because Michael is smarter than that. I dont actually think I have heard anyone complain thinking he was going to do it.

I actually think you ahve really misunderstood me.

then i dont understand ur point in coming in here arguin on why it shudnt be performed since ur so sure it wont. good day

lol...as much as i love Billie Jean..and i always will love it..wouldn't it be funny if, because of the wish list of the fans, and because of his promise..Billie Jean wasn't done in any of the shows..and the fans would be ecstatic, and the media would be left with their heads spinning? :lol:

yet again who are u to say where he cud've done so. he felt the need 2 discuss this ONE particualr song hence him creating a seperate thread 4it. and u dont know how many pple will know the track are not. im sure pple r brushing off mj albums to be aware of whats 2come.

I was suggesting it should have been in another thread. I was just expressing my opinion. It is simply not one of MJ's most well know tracks, most people I know who like Michael dont know Heartbreak Hotel, some even know Stranger in Moscow but dont know heartbreak Hotel.

thats understandable but tis thread is in appreciation 4 how awesome the song is live and 4 those who want 2hear it if u didnt wanna hear it the point of ur font is worthless
Again, simply expressing my opinion.

it wud make it less better? lmao now theres a knee slapper. 9times out of 10 the song wont be on the setlist and as u said u doubt it wud be so whats the point of ur post?

The point of my post is that Heartbreak Hotel would be a waste of space on the show. Its an awesome live performance, but I feel Michael simply couldnt do it anymore and there are plenty of better performances that could take its place. So considering the show has the potential to be better with another performance in its place, then yes it would make the show less better.

then i dont understand ur point in coming in here arguin on why it shudnt be performed since ur so sure it wont. good day

Please make a good and clever point before you make such a smug reply. You clearly, still, after the whole time we have been having this arguement still do not understand what im saying. I know it wont be performed yes. Others want it to be performed, I am telling them why it would not be good on the set list and how it is far from a crime that it wont be.

This isnt suppossed to be a dig or anything in all sincerity, as I would never divert away from the topic to take a dig at you for something irrelevant. But can you please type properly and with good punctuation please? I sometimes have to really analyze what you have typed to understand what your saying.

lol...as much as i love Billie Jean..and i always will love it..wouldn't it be funny if, because of the wish list of the fans, and because of his promise..Billie Jean wasn't done in any of the shows..and the fans would be ecstatic, and the media would be left with their heads spinning? :lol:

I think more fans actually do want to see Billie Jean than those who dont. I still dont understand those who dont. Its as if they dont understand the magic of Billie Jean. Him doing it this time round means more than him doing it on The Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours. This is his comeback, Michael needs to do Billie Jean. It what most people at the concerts will be waiting to see. You just watch fans going absolutely bonkers when hes pulling the jacket, hat and glove out of that suitcase one by one. It never gets old, and to the people who think it has gotten old I think you either dont understand the magic of it or have simply lost your grip on it.

To me Billie jean will allways be special, ESPECIALLY this time around. The moment he does Billie Jeana again, that will be the moment everyone will cry and say 'THIS IS IT, hes back now and he still has the magic'

I was suggesting it should have been in another thread. I was just expressing my opinion. It is simply not one of MJ's most well know tracks, most people I know who like Michael dont know Heartbreak Hotel, some even know Stranger in Moscow but dont know heartbreak Hotel.

why wud it be in another thread when this thread is only pertaining to a particular song and not an entire setlist. and who cares how well known it is? fact remains as a live track its killer and mike shud indeed perform it

The point of my post is that Heartbreak Hotel would be a waste of space on the show. Its an awesome live performance, but I feel Michael simply couldnt do it anymore and there are plenty of better performances that could take its place. So considering the show has the potential to be better with another performance in its place, then yes it would make the show less better.

Heartbreak hotel will not be a waste of apce. intrumentally live its amazing and every1 wud enjoy it. well known or not the fact that its michael jackson is great enough,and im sure he can still pull it off.

Please make a good and clever point before you make such a smug reply. You clearly, still, after the whole time we have been having this arguement still do not understand what im saying. I know it wont be performed yes. Others want it to be performed, I am telling them why it would not be good on the set list and how it is far from a crime that it wont be.

This isnt suppossed to be a dig or anything in all sincerity, as I would never divert away from the topic to take a dig at you for something irrelevant. But can you please type properly and with good punctuation please? I sometimes have to really analyze what you have typed to understand what your saying.

my point was made already. no need 4 it to be clever it was straight 2the point. my reply wasnt smug. im not arguin with u @ all im discussin the mattter @ hand. and ur still missing my point. u can be suggesting WHY YOU THINK it wont be good but mereley suggesting it the way u are does not speak that way.

And i am typing properly. im using numbers and abbr. cuz i do feel like spelling out everything. If u have to sit there and analyze, then thats ur problem its not that hard 2 see what im saying, especially if ur the only 1 having trouble.

To me Billie jean will allways be special, ESPECIALLY this time around. The moment he does Billie Jeana again, that will be the moment everyone will cry and say 'THIS IS IT, hes back now and he still has the magic'

Hear!Hear! I totally agree. I also think people who think that he shudn't do his old stuff cos its "old hack" "seen it before" "don't want a repeat of history tour" and "want something completely new" are being quite selfish, as there are a lot of fans (myself included, after 22 years of waiting) who still haven't seen him live, and want to be able to see him perform the songs they have dreamt about seeing for years!

My rant over...I don't love or hate HH, kinda indifferent, but i do agree that these songs should be discussed in one topic..

And i am typing properly. im using numbers and abbr. cuz i do feel like spelling out everything. If u have to sit there and analyze, then thats ur problem its not that hard 2 see what im saying, especially if ur the only 1 having trouble.

I don't have a problem with your use of numbers but I do find your lack of punctuation means I have to occasionally re-read. Also why do you always write in bold? :lol:

why wud it be in another thread when this thread is only pertaining to a particular song and not an entire setlist. and who cares how well known it is? fact remains as a live track its killer and mike shud indeed perform it

So the point he was making couldnt have just settled as a single post in another thread. It could have fit into any other thread talking about someone wanting a certain song to be performed.

Heartbreak hotel will not be a waste of apce. intrumentally live its amazing and every1 wud enjoy it. well known or not the fact that its michael jackson is great enough,and im sure he can still pull it off.

You could tell back on the Bad Tour it was hard to sing live then, and he was 29 then. At 50 he wont approach it.

Im not disagreeing that it is amazing live, but there are tons more well known hits of his which will be on the set list instead.

my point was made already. no need 4 it to be clever it was straight 2the point. my reply wasnt smug. im not arguin with u @ all im discussin the mattter @ hand. and ur still missing my point. u can be suggesting WHY YOU THINK it wont be good but mereley suggesting it the way u are does not speak that way.

Your not making any sense man. You think I should put across my points better?

I doubt im the only one. But thats a different story. Lets move on.

Im bored of doing these quote everything each other says replies lol

My point in general is I feel its far from a crime if Heartbreak Hotel is not on the set list. Nobody will really be bothered if it isnt on their.

Also I dont think it should be on there because :

1) I dont think Michael can do it like he used to, so even if you are wanting to have it on the set list. It wont be the same performance you remember from the Bad Tour. It will be completely different.

2) Michael has SO many hits, it will hard to fit even a fraction of them onto the set list. If Michael decides to put in some songs that we have never seen live before, or not that often then there are plenty of other songs that should be on the list WAY before Heartbreak Hotel. For a number of reasons.

I don't have a problem with your use of numbers but I do find your lack of punctuation means I have to occasionally re-read. Also why do you always write in bold? :lol:

lol well im not typing a paper for class so my use of punctiation is carelss on here lol. if im not being graded, and its nothin but recreation then i tend to not care.

and the bold is just a habit lol,represents me lol

So the point he was making couldnt have just settled as a single post in another thread. It could have fit into any other thread talking about someone wanting a certain song to be performed.

but he wanted as a seperate discussion,theres no harm in that

You could tell back on the Bad Tour it was hard to sing live then, and he was 29 then. At 50 he wont approach it.

Im not disagreeing that it is amazing live, but there are tons more well known hits of his which will be on the set list instead.

understandable, but still lol

Your not making any sense man. You think I should put across my points better?

i make perfect sense,but allow me to reiterate: basically my point is u have no point lol. ur post was completely irrelevant to the topic. u came in whining about a song some1 other than u wants 2hear,saying how it wud make the setlist less great than it cud be,and how it can be replaced with other great songs and blah blah blah. This thread was about why mike shud do it and how great it wud be if he did. but u came in throwing billie jean around and how magical it is and blady blady blah. (which ur right) but it was still pointless. The whole centerpiece of my arguement is what are u whining and giving 100plus reasons on why it shudnt be performed if u know for a fact it wont be performed anyway. If u dont think the song shud be performed why come to a thread about why it shud be?

wasnt that hard?

I doubt im the only one. But thats a different story. Lets move on.

ur the only one that has complained and quite frankly i dont care lol

Im bored of doing these quote everything each other says replies lol

My point in general is I feel its far from a crime if Heartbreak Hotel is not on the set list. Nobody will really be bothered if it isnt on their.

Also I dont think it should be on there because :

1) I dont think Michael can do it like he used to, so even if you are wanting to have it on the set list. It wont be the same performance you remember from the Bad Tour. It will be completely different.

2) Michael has SO many hits, it will hard to fit even a fraction of them onto the set list. If Michael decides to put in some songs that we have never seen live before, or not that often then there are plenty of other songs that should be on the list WAY before Heartbreak Hotel. For a number of reasons.

and i agree. im bored with it 2 lol, u have ur opinions and ur reasons i have mine. @ the end of the day we are all connected thru mike and are a family. and even families have their tussles lol. so lets just end it here

Heartbreak hotel :punk::punk::punk:

Peerrrrrfect song when performed live!!!

i make perfect sense,but allow me to reiterate: basically my point is u have no point lol. ur post was completely irrelevant to the topic. u came in whining about a song some1 other than u wants 2hear,saying how it wud make the setlist less great than it cud be,and how it can be replaced with other great songs and blah blah blah. This thread was about why mike shud do it and how great it wud be if he did. but u came in throwing billie jean around and how magical it is and blady blady blah. (which ur right) but it was still pointless. The whole centerpiece of my arguement is what are u whining and giving 100plus reasons on why it shudnt be performed if u know for a fact it wont be performed anyway. If u dont think the song shud be performed why come to a thread about why it shud be?

wasnt that hard?

To argue why I dont think it should be performed??? Do I have to agree with something before I come into a thread now? :S The fact i dont think the song WILL be performed is irrelevant. I dont think it will be performed and I dont want it to be performed. I am statint the reason why I dont want it to be performed, in reply to the original poster of the thread. Do you get it now? lol

Hmmmm, . I love 'Heartbreak Hotel', and it definitely worked on the Triumph and Victory tours.

To me though, whenever I watch it performed on the Bad tour in either 87 or 88, the crowd dont seem to react that well to it, compared to rest of the set back then. I think it would die a death at the O2, hence it wasnt available for selection on the official site.

Hmmmm, . I love 'Heartbreak Hotel', and it definitely worked on the Triumph and Victory tours.

To me though, whenever I watch it performed on the Bad tour in either 87 or 88, the crowd dont seem to react that well to it, compared to rest of the set back then. I think it would die a death at the O2, hence it wasnt available for selection on the official site.

It was available though wasnt it?

Im not doubting that it was amazing on the bad tour. I loved it. But back then Michael didnt have AS many solo hits. Since then he has tons more and its going to be hard to fit most of them on the show as possible.

I dont mind if people want to see it. I just think its WAY to much to be saying it would be a crime if he didnt perform it.

YEAH I'd like to see heartbreak hotel, but I don't think that Mike will perform it

It was available though wasnt it?

Im not doubting that it was amazing on the bad tour. I loved it. But back then Michael didnt have AS many solo hits. Since then he has tons more and its going to be hard to fit most of them on the show as possible.

I dont mind if people want to see it. I just think its WAY to much to be saying it would be a crime if he didnt perform it.

Was it?

Shows how much I wanted in the set then :)

not one of my favourites songs..
and i also want classics more, because i havent seen mike performing yet and i would be very disappointed if hes not doing some classics.. although i.d like to sing him more unknown songs =(
so hard to decide -.- just do what you want mike, we will love it anyways :D

Man, we cannot ask the man to sing everything, it's impossible.

The clasics songs + some Invincible + 1-2 completlly new.

We cannot leave all the 90s out. It's unpolite towards Mike, he worked hard in the 90s too, and composed and sung masterpieces.

I am sure that we will here at least 2 medleys with older songs.... Soul live... Medleys can save the day! lol

The fac is that he got too many extraordinary songs, and fans with so different tastes. We should respect each other.

Back