its hard being A Michael Jackson fan...ugh!

I'm lucky that the majority of my family are fans of Michael's...not obsessed like me...but they understand how I feel about him, and my parents have always played his music in the house my entire life.....As for other people...I can usually tell when someone will be judgmental about Michael, so I steer clear talking about him to those people....How I feel about Michael is near and dear to my heart...It's really only my business....:D

If there is one thing I have found to be true, I have never met a truly mean spirited or bullying fan of Michael's. I have noticed about hater's they don't just dislike, they are more often shallow and cruel on many other subjects. No one ever said doing the right thing was easy, but stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone. That was Michael's message. Mankind has a habit of ridiculing, destroying and ignoring those who tell them the truth while deifying and worshipping those lying to them and destroying them until too late. It's not easy but every good cause is a tough fight. Being a fan is a good cause because through Michael I have learned about corrupt media, government and how to love the planet and the pure wisdom of children, that's really unpopular with the majority. How many times has the majority turned out wrong? We go against the grain as Michael did.

It is hard. I feel like I can't talk about it or openly show it even though I'm immensley proud of my love for him. It's just because he is SO special to me, that I don't want to give anyone the oppportunity to have a dig, or make a rude comment about it. My connection to Michael is too sanctified for that, and I'll always gaurd it from the garbage that people want to throw. If someone even mentions Michael around me, even in a good or neutral way, I just end up smiling to myself. I've been in long heated arguments about him before and I've learnt that some people just WILL NOT listen, so it's best to keep cool and keep away. I'm just SO thankful that there are people who do understand and feel what I feel. It makes dealing with the rest of them a piece of cake :)

why is it hard? because you are a fan of what is good and noble in society. a fan of what it means to not cheat..not take the easy way out, not hurt others. the way to earn to success...be charitable...and be yourself.

Michael represented this. to be a good soul. and in this society, there is a martial law against that. so..while it was gravely hard to be Michael himself..i don't think about how hard it is to be a fan of his...not after all he went through just because he wanted to make me happy. i just feel pity for those who aren't Michael Jackson fans. because, unlike any other public human figure in history, if you are a fan of Michael, you are not just a fan of a public figure. you are a fan of the symbolism of what is right. and it's not just the loose use of the word. you know it's truly right, when somebody else envies you, and hates you for no reason. if they're too comfortable with your idea of what is right, then something's wrong with what you're doing, because, most likely, they just got finished cheating somebody..or stealing from somebody..or hurting somebody, or they genuinely hate children and animals and the earth...or the like.

Last edited:
I've had SO many damn people call me "gay" or "faggot" and all the other lovely names in this context,just because of my love of Michael.I'M NOT THAT WAY!My sister's ex-boyfriend the day MJ died,was laughing his ass off at me just because I was sad and it was just so rude...You have to say,at the end of the day "What Would Michael Do?"That's what I've lived by for the past 6 1/2 years.

why is it hard? because you are a fan of what is good and noble in society. a fan of what it means to not cheat..not take the easy way out, not hurt others. the way to earn to success...be charitable...and be yourself.

Michael represented this. to be a good soul. and in this society, there is a martial law against that. so..while it was gravely hard to be Michael himself..i don't think about how hard it is to be a fan of his...not after all he went through just because he wanted to make me happy. i just feel pity for those who aren't Michael Jackson fans. because, unlike any other public human figure in history, if you are a fan of Michael, you are not just a fan of a public figure. you are a fan of the symbolism of what is right. and it's not just the loose use of the word. you know it's truly right, when somebody else envies you, and hates you for no reason. if they're too comfortable with your idea of what is right, then something's wrong with what you're doing, because, most likely, they just got finished cheating somebody..or stealing from somebody..or hurting somebody, or they genuinely hate children and animals and the earth...or the like.

EXACTLY Thank you thank you thank you!! :clapping:

i know how you all feel. ive been getting so much crap for years from my friends about being a michael fan. its the one thing i think ive gotten more grief about. it sucks. i didnt get one bit of sympathy from hardly anyone after michael died. my good friend jessica however was very sweet and i loved her to death for that. she likes mj to so it made it much easier. still hardly anyone cared and i got chewed out twice from friends over mj after he passed. all i can say is just stick it out. its hard as hell but you will aways be the bigger person if you do bc the ones who attack you are the true bad guys.

It's not hard being a fan because the man is beautiful and so lovable

.....it's just hard dealing with idiots who believe media rubbish and are so closeminded and one sided.

i fell out with a girl i was friends with,havn,t spoken to her for a nearly a year now,when michael died she was all sympathetic and all,talking to me on windows live messanger,then i heard she was texting repulsive jokes about mjs death to other people we know,i know when there is a disaster of some sort,sick people always make jokes,but being a hypocrite is what i cannot stand and being two faced,i havn,t spoken to her since,

None of my friends have said anything(bad) about him, most of all kinda become fans..., sorry for those who are in a different situation.

But in a way specially older people (or narrow minded people) well Michael Jackson is such a huge figure, he's is at Jesus Christ level of fame, so there will always be lovers and haters with figures like Michael Jackson... i mean its a natural condition in the human race, when someone is big, there are like all these discussions and stuff, haters, lovers, i dont know, the thing is nooone can ignore him, i think thats what geniuses do, without even trying

try being a fan during 1993/1994 and 2003 to 2005!!

we've all had to deal with it, the snide comments from family, the bullying at school, radio stations refusing to play your request for his music, hearing the "jokes" in the mainstream media etc etc.

Its all part of being a fan, being able to take the good times and the bad

What dosnt break you makes you stronger

I so totally agree with you moonstreet. Especially about the 93 allegations. But what was hard for me was being both a Michael Jackson fan and the exact same age as Michael's accuser. I remember back when I was going to start 7th grade in a couple of weeks. I had to seriously hide the fact that I was a Michael Jackson fan from the other kids out of fear that I might not leave the school alive. OMG that was just so hard for me to do that. I remember when I was in high school I was totally made fun of and teased for being a Michael Jackson fan. And those other kids made fun of Michael as well. But I didn't care if those other kids made fun of me for being an MJ fan. They just didn't know what good music is. But when it came to those kids making fun of my Michael that was when I became one of those vicious attack dogs defending it's owner. You seriously did not want to mess with me when it came to Michael Jackson back then. I even almost put a girl in the hospital for making fun of my Michael. I was still pretty much like that during the 2nd allegations too. And I also remember a couple of weeks after it had happen I had made myself violently sick over what was going on with Michael then. But you know having to go through all of that hell just made me L..V.E. Michael even more than I already do. I have been a Michael Jackson fan since the early 80s. And I knew when I became a fan of Michael's back then. It was going to be a life long sentence for me. And I had just totally loved it ever since that very first day.

We have to remember, that we are some of the best people in society and we should be so proud of that. The sad thing about these people, is they are just using the age old principle of bullying to make themselves more comfortable in their own skin, if not you, then they target Michael, someone who cannot defend themselves, talk about spineless and cowardly. And they worst thing about it, is that they say they would do all this stuff to him if they met him, but if he was just walking down a street, they would scream cry and beg for his autograph and a picture.

i know how you all feel. ive been getting so much crap for years from my friends about being a michael fan. its the one thing i think ive gotten more grief about. it sucks. i didnt get one bit of sympathy from hardly anyone after michael died.

:no: same here...what makes it wores though, is that they continue to poke fun and say horrible things, even after he's passsed. I mean come on?! How can people be so damn insensitive and cruel? I didn't get much sympathy, I suffered alone.

:no: same here...what makes it wores though, is that they continue to poke fun and say horrible things, even after he's passsed. I mean come on?! How can people be so damn insensitive and cruel? I didn't get much sympathy, I suffered alone.

Same here. I just try to ingore it and not say anything but im really close to just blowing up and telling them where they can stick it. but I know Michael wouldnt want me to continue to as strong as I can but its extremly hard. I suffered alone as well after Michael died and it was beyond difficult i got through it. It was really hard to have to suck it all up bc right after it all happened i had to go to one my friends wedding out of town and that was relaly hard to have to just stick it out being as upset and devestated as i was. the best thing you can is to just be as strong as you can. do what you feel is right.

It can be hard, especially for younger fans who have not yet acquire wisdom to ignore what other folks think. Defending MJ 24/7 wears you out.

Same here. :sad: I remember 2 days after it had happen. I had spent that entire Saturday in bed sleeping. Just trying to really forget of what had happen. And my mother came in to my room uninvited wanted to talk about what I wanted for supper well eating was the very last thing I had wanted to do. So I told her the first thing that came to me spinach pizza. And then I thought she would leave my room to leave me alone. Then she started to talk about Michael and what happen to him when I wanted to forget. And then to make me feel even worst she started to make fun of what had happen to him. She said she wasn't but that wasn't the way I had taken it. And I would think my mother would have shown some sympathy towards me. Especially when she likes some of his music. But I could not be more wrong. So I had told her very coldly to leave my room which she finally did.

Same here. :sad: I remember 2 days after it had happen. I had spent that entire Saturday in bed sleeping. Just trying to really forget of what had happen. And my mother came in to my room uninvited wanted to talk about what I wanted for supper well eating was the very last thing I had wanted to do. So I told her the first thing that came to me spinach pizza. And then I thought she would leave my room to leave me alone. Then she started to talk about Michael and what happen to him when I wanted to forget. And then to make me feel even worst she started to make fun of what had happen to him. She said she wasn't but that wasn't the way I had taken it. And I would think my mother would have shown some sympathy towards me. Especially when she likes some of his music. But I could not be more wrong. So I had told her very coldly to leave my room which she finally did.

I know, it's really hard when your parents and siblings just don't GET IT. I mean I don't expect them to understand how and why I feel the way I do about him; but at least respect my feelings. And especially after such a tragedy, you would think people would be there for you...but no. My parent's weren't sympathetic at all. In fact some nasty things were said :( I can't believe how many of us have had to go through this...but once you're in love with Michael, that's it. It's an honour, a blessing and a challenge.

My family all knew that I'm a big Michael fan, but they probably never realized how much he influenced me and how much he ment to me. Because they didn't understand I was so sad last year for a while, told to get real and get over it.
So I stopped talking about it to them. It's not worth it, they don't understand me. It actually made me come back to this forum, which I now am very happy about. So something good came out of that anyway. It's just sad that my family doesn't understand me.

I think it's harder for the younger to be understood. I'm 45 years old and I'm fan since 80'. I've never had to argue with somebody, but many of them don't really know his story (they know what they heard or read on the tabloids like everybody but french tabloids have been less hard than in UK or US), I taught them. Luckily my husband like a lot his music, he's not a real fan like me but he respects my feelings (I couldn't spend so much time on MJJC if it was not the case:cheeky:) - It's very hard to listen some garbage about Michael without reacting, I try to do it quietly, no overreacting and in many of the cases people listen to me - I don't try to make them fans but just stop to talk without knowledge. I have many books about Michael (good ones) and it happens that I lend them to friends who want to know more about him. They don't become fans but at least they know. That's my way to do my "job" for Michael.:angel:

it shard for us all to deal with. it seems theres not a single fan who didnt have people who actaully cared. we all have people who made it difficult to even mourn after it happened. Theres always going to be people who DONT GET IT. loosing Michael was like loosing a family member. he was our family. we were his family. we were always there for him and he was there for us. he made us all feel speacial and loved. he loved us more then maybe even those arounds us bc at least he cared about us and never made us feel like were less then people. We are all still dealing with heartless people who will never understand what its like to love someone like michael so much. its a challange but i think we can all get through it as much as we can. i did everything i could to keep from snapping at my friends who made me feel like pure sh*t after michael died. i did it and i got through it. i cried my eyes out and was depressed for so long. i still get very sad and june 25th is going to be a hard day to get through but we can do it. we have each other and thank god for that.

I don't find it hard at all. In contrast with fans of most other artists, I have no problem finding legitimate reasons why the guy deserves my unwavering loyalty and admiration.

Whatever negative comments I get from family, schoolmates or strangers on the street are completely worthless to me. Their opinions are the unoriginal product of misinformation, brought about by sub-standard reporting by ethicless "journalists" who have no qualifications whatsoever.

It must be hard to be an MJ hater, at least for a person who has a functioning brain. You would have to constantly go against all logic to reach faulty "conclusions", and stoop low enough to cite Diane Dimond and Nancy Grace (who by the way is suspected of causing a woman to commit suicide) as "reliable sources", thus placing yourself in the position to be ridiculed by admitting that you ACTUALLY waste over an hour of your life by watching crappy programs like "Nancy Grace" and "The Insider."

If that's not embarrassing, I don't know what is.

At least us MJ fans don't have to fight all evidence by twisting the truth and/or blatantly lying to keep our impressions intact. The evidence that Michael was a truly admirable and genius human being is everywhere. You would have to be mad to not admire him. ;)

Everyday at school when someone starts talking about music (like all the time) one guy start saying: Philip (me) likes michael jackson the pedophile, and he is dead to, then he starts laughing, like all the time, some other guys likes him to,but not like me,they just says shut up to him, and he stops.And almost everyone in my class says to me that mj was gay,I get so sad but I just tell them the truth: no,he wasn't he was married to two ladies. So I have it hard when we starts talking about michael. :(

I became a fan at the age of 12, and obviously I was superexited and I told everybody hoping I could have some music discussion with someone. Soon I realized I couldn´t tell anybody without making them start: omg he´s a pedophile, he bleached, he´s weird, he´s a monster, he´s this, he´s that. Hard times. One could think "ok, he´s just a singer you like, why you care so much", but the point is why haters care so much. It´s incredible that a 12 years old must not say she likes the music of someone because she will be looked at with disgust and shock, even from older people.

Today I had some stuff to do in town and I was wearing my Michael T-shirt.
Some ppl were looking at me because you don"t see much of those in my town. Nobody commented anything, some looks were with an aproval, some were not. It was always like that for me. My family knows how much I love him and my daughter ( 14 ) is a big fan.
I used to fight for him when someone was saying bad things about him. I DO NOT allow that in my presence !
I don"t talk about other singers so they certanly will not bash Michael when I am around.

Everyday at school when someone starts talking about music (like all the time) one guy start saying: Philip (me) likes michael jackson the pedophile, and he is dead to, then he starts laughing, like all the time, some other guys likes him to,but not like me,they just says shut up to him, and he stops.And almost everyone in my class says to me that mj was gay,I get so sad but I just tell them the truth: no,he wasn't he was married to two ladies. So I have it hard when we starts talking about michael. :(

Why even honour them with your attention? The people you describe appear to be of the most despicable sort and deserve nothing but disdain for their lack of insight and blatant ignorance regarding the topic they chose to discuss.

If you already know he was neither gay nor a pedophile, why do you care what kids at school (of all people) say? There is something I will never comprehend--why people attach so much importance to the opinions and utterances of complete idiots. Why are these people even anything to you? You have the upper hand in knowing that the man you admire DESERVES that admiration. The kids you worry about, by contrast, don't even deserve the air they rob from the rest of us.

If someone's opinion is supported by absolutely no factual information, why is it worth acknowledging? That's the problem with children in school--too many of them care about what their peers think, as if those brats were qualified to deliver a coherent and legitimate viewpoint on anything. I say, keep your head high and keep in mind that these people, through their behaviour, have placed themselves at a level that is too low for words. It takes a hell of a lot of personal insecurity to attack someone who hasn't done anything to deserve it. Don't let them win and remember that you are the better person in the end.

When someone can't hate themselves enough, they take their personal frustrations out on innocent people. Pathetic, isn't it? Just be glad you're not them and keep on with your affairs.

I became a fan at the age of 12, and obviously I was superexited and I told everybody hoping I could have some music discussion with someone. Soon I realized I couldn´t tell anybody without making them start: omg he´s a pedophile, he bleached, he´s weird, he´s a monster, he´s this, he´s that. Hard times. One could think "ok, he´s just a singer you like, why you care so much", but the point is why haters care so much. It´s incredible that a 12 years old must not say she likes the music of someone because she will be looked at with disgust and shock, even from older people.

See my response to MJSweden.

I wouldn't even care about what those people think if I were you. Their words should hurt neither you nor Michael, as they are but a reflection of the speaker's own lack of insight and closed-mindedness. Whatever they say about Michael is completely invalid, as their opinions show that they haven't bothered to properly research the magic and the passion that was his life.

You don't make fun of them for listening to crappy music, so it is understandable that you feel the way you do. However, you should consider the quality of the source before you give proper attention to an opinion. In this case, the quality appears to be of the lowest kind, and thus not worth the mention you have granted it.

Just because people are biologically older doesn't mean they are any better than you. Idiocy knows no gender, age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Idiots exist in all age groups, and compose the majority of our unfortunate society. Our television programs and general (lack of adequate) culture prove this sad fact to be true.

So be proud to be part of the competently intelligent people, who are modernly an endangered species. Don't worry about what your moronic peers say about Michael. Actions speak louder than words and his amazing actions while he was living drown out anything they have to say about him. In the end, all we have are the facts, and those are that the man you love helped millions of people while the people who criticized him for pointless and even false things die having left absolutely no impact on anyone's life, as if they had never existed in the first place. Remember that and be proud and strong!

I will praise you for being 12 and recognizing good music when you hear it, though. ;)

Well since i made this thread i have been come stronger...Iam stronger and i dont care what others think. I love MJ and i plan to love him forever.. i will be 85 and still be coming to this site..if this site is still around lol

Back