its hard being A Michael Jackson fan...ugh!

being michael's fan was the hardest experience in my life,
but i loved every second of it.

my family officially forbade me to love michael,
they said they will beat and punish me if i continue loving him.

i can't hang michaels posters on the wall, or litsen his music loudly.
i have to hide michaels fotos, my diaries about michael, and CDs ,
because if they find it they'll demand to tear them .

people around me said he is ugly and stupid.
they abused him with the worst words,
they even compared him to some animals ...

years ago, i wanted to buy michaels cd and the seller said:
"what michael jackson, his time has gone, he is not popular any more,
who remembers him?
in what century are you living?!"

my cousin told me michael is terrible person,
and that he has done so many plastic surgeries that he would die very soon.
but i forgive her, cause she can't understand how much her words hurt me.
she didn't knew i even wished to die, that it was the most painful words for me.

after such things i wanted to die, i was heartbroken and devastated...

but you know it's right:
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

this experiences made me stronger.
made me love michael more,
taught me how to stand for my interests.

now no one can upsat me,
i don't care for them,
they are people who don't understand what love is, and i feel sorry for them,
i feel sorry that they never knew most wonderful man in the universe _ Michael Jackson.

omg. are you serouis?? Wow. I would disown my family if they ever treated me like that. I applaud your strengh. family should NEVER treat you like that. to forbid you for being a fan thats insane!its a free countary and you cant be told to not love someone like michael. your family doesnt havea clue about love and seems to not even know what its like to be good people. how can anyone in a family be that cruel?? wow. That really breaks my heart that you had to go through that. Im sorry. dont let them ever tear you down or tell you you cant love michael. take care and be strong!

mjlovergurl003

thank you very much for your words.:huggy:

they really made me stronger.

family should NEVER treat you like that.
yes, it's really terrible and painful,
but after all it taught me something:
now i know how i shouldn't treat my children.

to forbid you for being a fan thats insane.
when i think about those days i feel so devastated...

now i'm bigger and stronger.
but then i was only 13, and loved michael more than anyone ever,

and they called me betrayer and that i was shameful for the family,
because i loved michael...

that was very painful,
i felt i was all alone, and misunderstood,
i was crying and crying ...
i hid michael's foto under my pillow at nights...
that made me feel he was with me and gave me some strength.

your family doesnt havea clue about love
and seems to not even know what its like to be good people.

yes, they didn't want me to love someone..

they did it because they thought to love someone was too early for me,
and that love brings only pain,
they didn't know that their behavior was more painful than anything else in my life...

but they are my parents, i forgave them,
because thay didn't know what i felt..
thet just could't understand.

i write it all because if someone is in such situation, please be stronger.
i felt i was all alone, and that no one could understand me,
i don't want you to feel this way,
i just want you to know you are not alone, and there are people who understand what you feel..
:hug:

awwww your welcome! i hope things have gotten better for you. this past year has been very hard on us all and for you have delt with all that and then loosing michael i cant even imagine how you felt. i know ive felt alone to espeacaily this past year the way ive been treated by so called "friends" but i stuck it out and was as strong as i could possiably be. but iam human and i can only take so much. i know that when you were only 13 and your parents though that loving someone at that age was just too early nad thats understandable but the way they brought it out and treated you was so wrong. Loving someone like Michael is different. he was different and he gave us more love then i think anyone around us ever could. hang in there sweetie. just never forget that Michael is with you and he loves us all very much.

The hardest part was being in high school during the midst of the 2003-2005 allegations and trial. I became a fan around 2003 and was a mega fan basically by the time the trial came around. I allways stood my ground though, there were a lot of people against it. But I turned a few opinions around.

But my god it was all worth it! I can honestly say I became a better person because of Michael. I am more open minded and more sensitive to the environment and the terrible things that go on in the world. He really helped me develop as a person. Im sure a lot of you here will say the exact same thing.

Aside from that, they are the ones missing out. Michael Jackson is the greatest performer of all time, I think its amazing that people who have been fans for like 40 years can still sit and watch him in astonishment today. They are the ones missing out on all of this, feel sorry for them.

I agree, it is very hard being a fan of Michael. There are so many different opinions concerning him and some people can be very stubborn about it. Honestly, I try to avoid any talk about Michael when I'm around family, friends, etc. unless I know they have some bit of respect for him and/or his music. They know I love Michael, but they don't care.

For example, if I'm with my family OR if I'm with my friends and the subject of Michael Jackson or anything dealing with him comes up, I immediately leave. I know it won't go very well and there's always those one or two people who will say something negative. When I try to step in and make a point or say something positive, I get shut out or ignored. I just don't want to deal with it, so I walk away completely. If they want to discuss his music or his legacy in a positive light then count me in. Trying to defend him all the time just doesn't seem to work anymore simply because others don't listen or they just believe they are right. I don't want to waste my time or energy on them.

I come from a family that aren't much big fans of Michael and a lot of teenagers my age don't see him how we fans do. It is really difficult, therefore, I just avoid conversation about him. If one day, any of them are willing to listen to what I have to say about Michael, then I gladly will talk. But when I try to voice my opinion, as a fan, I get shut out. There's no point. When there is negative talk about Michael, my method is to walk away or change the subject. It's not worth getting angry or upset over the foolish ignorance of some people.

I just feel sorry that some people can't see Michael for who he truly was. He was a remarkable, wonderful human being and there won't ever be anybody like him ever again. They don't know what they are missing. I can honestly say I am so proud to be a fan and so proud to love Michael so much.

being michael's fan was the hardest experience in my life,
but i loved every second of it.

That is terrible. :( I am so sorry you had to go through that. But it is good that you were able to stay strong and stand your ground. You love Michael and once the love is there, it is never going away.

:heart:

Last edited:
I agree, it is very hard being a fan of Michael. There are so many different opinions concerning him and some people can be very stubborn about it. Honestly, I try to avoid any talk about Michael when I'm around family, friends, etc. unless I know they have some bit of respect for him and/or his music. They know I love Michael, but they don't care.

For example, if I'm with my family OR if I'm with my friends and the subject of Michael Jackson or anything dealing with him comes up, I immediately leave. I know it won't go very well and there's always those one or two people who will say something negative. When I try to step in and make a point or say something positive, I get shut out or ignored. I just don't want to deal with it, so I walk away completely. If they want to discuss his music or his legacy in a positive light then count me in. Trying to defend him all the time just doesn't seem to work anymore simply because others don't listen or they just believe they are right. I don't want to waste my time or energy on them.
But when I try to voice my opinion, as a fan, I get shut out. There's no point. When there is negative talk about Michael, my method is to walk away or change the subject. It's not worth getting angry or upset over the foolish ignorance of some people.

I just feel sorry that some people can't see Michael for who he truly was. He was a remarkable, wonderful human being and there won't ever be anybody like him ever again. They don't know what they are missing. I can honestly say I am so proud to be a fan and so proud to love Michael so much.

That is terrible. :( I am so sorry you had to go through that. But it is good that you were able to stay strong and stand your ground. You love Michael and once the love is there, it is never going away.

:heart:

Same. Exactly the same. I thought I was the only one who couldn't handle 'Michael talk' with regular folk. I actually get anxious if he get's mentioned, beacuse I know it's only a matter of time before something completley ignorant and upsetting is said. I walk away from things like this all the time, I don't want to hear something which is going to upset me. And like you say, it's not like they WANT to hear my opinion, I'm just the 'crazy fan who will defend him'. It's so sad. But really, as many of you have said... THEY are missing out. They're missing out on simply the most wonderful being that ever walked among us. I have to keep reminding myself that, and then instead of anger I feel pity for them. I'll forever be grateful that the magic transpired with me, and somehow Michael found me and changed me forever. There definatley is no going back once that happens! You can only fall deeper in love with him :wub:

Oh, these stories are really bad. I´m so glad that nobody in my family treat me for being a Michael Jackson fan. They are just worried because I´m so devastated because of Michael´s death. My parents support me wherever they can.
The only point where they treat me - is because I´m a muslim and I wear the "hejab" (the scarf that muslim women wear around their head). It hurts sometimes but then I think about Michael - how much he had to go through - and I feel better.
It was never hard for me to be a Michael Jackson fan. I was, I am and I always will be proud to be a fan of this fantastic person. He has brightened up my life like nobody else.

All those comments come for ignorant people. Just ignore them and take what they say to you as a pinch of salt. What do they know anyway.

Sometimes its hard to be a Michael Jackson fan.
I hear ugly comments about him from time to time..at first it really pissed me off but I got used to it and I just try to ignore, I think its the best thing to do..because if I answer they better not be around me :lol: I realize that not everyone is an MJ fan but I wish that people will show just a little respect.. for example today my brother mentioned MJ (he likes him) then my other brother and his wife said disgusting remarks about him that I don't even want to repeat..but in my family some support me and some just say ugly comments about MJ..oh well, I think its their loss that they don't know Michael the way I do.
I'm proud to be a Michael Jackson fan and always will be.

It's hard to be a Michael fan.
I know my Mum respects my love for MJ, I mean, she's a fan also (obviously, not as big as me. Lol). But if I were to mention him around the rest of my family or friends, I get laughed at. And the same question alwaaaaaaays rises, 'How can you like a pedo?!' LIKE OMFG HE'S NOT A PEDO YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE! I don't mind people talking about him around me, even if it's negative. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But when they bring me into it, I'm constantly having to defend him. I mean, that's not the worst thing in the world, but it's annoying how people can judge Michael without knowing him or getting their facts right.
Although, not everyone I know is an MJ hater. But it would be nice if some of my friends and family would have an open mind, and consider the fact that no matter what he's been accused of, people love him because he actually gave them hope and someone to look up to.

To be michaels fan is the best part of my life! :D
I faced so many nagative opinions about him and about myself... but it just made me stronger. It was kind off challange to me, but I think that's what life is about . I was so angry at the begining to keep telling true about Michael... I thought I can show michael's good personality to everyone... but I realised that it's impossible. Now I am just happy that I am smart enough to be michael's fan, becouse you need to be wise to notice this wonderful humanbeing, isn't it true? :D:D

I feel that being a MJ-fan is great.

I feel good, when I help Michael, when I try to get the truth forth.
I also feel that it adds on to my general strength and courage to protect Mike and his legacy.

But, since I've been a fan forever, the period 2003-2005 was especially hard. People would call me "pedophile-lover" or even gay. It was annoying and rough, they were so blinded by the media.

during this periods 1993/1994 and 2003 to 2005 it was hard being an MJ fan but I ended up knowing him better and loving him even more!he was so elegant and he really showed us what a beautifull soul he has and how strong he is...

Wow, so many horrible experiences from people here. Shows how much strength and endurance MJ fans have to continue loving him despite constant criticism :) Fortunately my family and friends love MJ too (obviously most not to the extent that I do, but still they're positive about him), I guess that's why I wasn't as susceptible (sp.?) to the negative talk in the media when I was younger, because people around me that I looked up to like my parents and my older sister always defended him :) I remember very well when I was around 6/7 years old I was watching a documentary about MJ on MTV or VH1 and it talked about how "crazy" he was and they had plastic surgeons to talk about all his operations, and that he bleached his skin and stuff. Young as I was, I believed everything that was said on TV was a fact and I explained to my parents what I had just seen, and I was like "wow, can you believe how crazy this guy is?!" My parents immediately corrected me and said those were just mean people who get paid for saying bad stuff about people that are not true, and they explained that MJ had a skin disease and that he was actually very goodlooking when he was younger. I still think about that whenever I hear the media talking trash about him :)

Back