its hard being A Michael Jackson fan...ugh!

As those before me in this thread have said.. Most MJ fans have had to deal with a hater or a few at some point. I've had to deal with some of the most heinous jokes from my friends, but I just let it roll of my back and carry on. My family actually likes his music, so it's all good there. I've been a fan since I was very little, and I remember 93.. and it was hell (I was only 7, but as we all know when you're young, your classmates can be evil...) and of course 2005 was really no better, aside from the fact that I knew how to handle the haters better. I don't really run into many now though.

I will say I get some really strange looks when I pull in somewhere in my car with the windows down and Smooth Criminal blaring from the speakers, but I just ignore it.
That's about all you can do.. ignore it. Eventually even the most persistent bullies get bored when they see they can't get a reaction from you anymore.

Ok completely OFFTOPIC but wth did you do to your avatar?
LMAO LMAO look at that

I was wondering the same thing...is that a bow on his head? :giggle:

But anyway, I haven't had to deal with anything from anybody, mainly because they probably don't know I'm a fan. My brothers did make me watch the South Park episode about Michael, however. :doh:

Its really hard being a MJ fan when you parents don't want to spend a cent on him (I asked my dad if I could buy one of the last Visonary boxsets he said no) and I asked my mom for her Thriller record and she said not (she doesn't even listen to it).

Also, if it wasn't for haters I probably have performed a few MJ songs at my high school's variety night (I really want to perform Billie Jean) I only know one person who loves Michael (she knows I love MJ cause she calls me Michael Jackson).

I was in such a low mood today anyway but I went to my cousin's house and she was such a biiiitttch. GAWD!
She's an ignorant 6th grader and I was watching some of MJ vids on youtube on their computer and she was being SUCH A FUCKING PAIN!!!!!!!
I feel like crying still.
I know I shouldn't let comments of these ignorants jerks get to me but they do and they do ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!!!

I don't want to say some of the things she said but they included to expected cliche "he turned himself white!" among others.

:cry: life sux sometimes for mj fans.

^^ I feel your pain, I had foster parents that Knew I love Michael. They only pretended to like Michael to make me happy.But then I'd hear all the nasty things they said about him behind my back. :perrin:

I almost lost my job for being a fan and standing up for what that meant to me. Its hard being a fan but lately its been easier. Suddenly the world is turning. All it took was 50 concerts and all the closet fans came out. Suddenly people who were too gutless to admit it before are getting the michael mania back. My first reaction is anger - where were they when he needed them? But then I think, michael would welcome them with love.

I almost lost my job for being a fan and standing up for what that meant to me. Its hard being a fan but lately its been easier. Suddenly the world is turning. All it took was 50 concerts and all the closet fans came out. Suddenly people who were too gutless to admit it before are getting the michael mania back. My first reaction is anger - where were they when he needed them? But then I think, michael would welcome them with love.

that's the real right there. MJ is the only artists with hatas that somehow don't seem real when the rubber hits the road, cus his concerts always sell out, people always mob him, and everybody pays attention when his music is playing all over the world. you would think that with all the hate, that some seats would not fill, some songs wouldn't be listened to, and MJ could go out, once in a while without being mobbed.

anyway...

being a fan of any other artist is like detached in a sort of way..it's like a hobby. but being a fan of MJ is like having a goal in life, like a career-feeling. cus it feels like you're driven to be a fan. so..nothing can stop you from being one. lol..it's much deeper than being a fan of another artist IMO..

i've encountered haters, and people who love him, too.

put it this way, 30 years a fan for me, and there is nothing else in this world that i would risk my career for, risk friendships for, risk my physical wellbeing for! Yep, ive almost been attacked by a former housemate when i ran downstairs to tell them all that he was acquitted in the recent trial....

That man might as well be blood relation to me, there is nothing i would not do for that man.

put it this way, 30 years a fan for me, and there is nothing else in this world that i would risk my career for, risk friendships for, risk my physical wellbeing for! Yep, ive almost been attacked by a former housemate when i ran downstairs to tell them all that he was acquitted in the recent trial....

That man might as well be blood relation to me, there is nothing i would not do for that man.

wow...yes...a hater that hates him so much he almost attacks you cus MJ was found innocent.

see...you know that the hatas hate for no reason, cus they end up attacking people or just get personal. there is no reasoning behind their hate. so you know they are envious. there is no truth to their reasoning..only bitterness. you get the feeling, warranted, that they don't love children as much as he does, cus of how they hated when he was found innocent. they are envious that someone loves children in a true way. and has all the attributes he has.

Most people feel threatened by what they don't understand. And the haters don't understand MJ at all. They don't know anything real about him, because their only source of information is the rubbish in the media.
Once they're set in their beliefs they will discard anything positive they see or hear about him, because it doesn't fit with their image of who they think MJ is.
Most haters won't challenge that belief unfortunately. But that's human nature for you.

Last edited:
I sympathize with you guys. I myself have never really been teased about MJ - not in a nasty way that is. I think some people might be a little scared of me lol. People do sometimes ask me why and what about this or that blah blah, but I never really get nastiness and often I get good reactions.

Recently as I was frantically stressing about tickets, one of my friends gave me the strangest reaction I've ever got. He asked me why I was worried about getting tickets - "It's just Michael Jackson" LOL. I think he might be the only person on earth who is neutral about MJ! No reaction (neither good nor bad), because it's just MJ, no big deal right? My mouth practically dropped to the floor and I was speechless!

yeah it's pretty hard being an mj fan. i am pleased to say that my closest friends have enough acumen to realise that michael is a good person. some others, however, think differently. I usually say to them, "sure, he's a little eccenteric, but that's what makes him mj. did you know he's supported more charities than any other pop singer? did you know he was actually aquitted of all chrages in the 2005 trial? guess who has the biggest-selling record of all time? huh?!! ... YEAH, that's what I thought!"
stick that it your blunt and smoke it.

idk about you all but i have to go thr all the drama of my brothers ...ugh why you like him ..why you support him...ugh...its hard idk about you but..i love MJ for him for his music and his music videos and his history work.:yes:

Even people who think he's weird have to admit he's one of the best artists of the 80s.

If someone jokes about him then I'll go to him and kick his ass.

... joking, but I defend mj.

All my friends hate him :( They think I'm crazy and I drive them mad because he is all I talk about. My family think I'm crazy they say he's wierd and wacky and why on earth do you like him.
People say Oh you like his music right? I go yeah i love it but I love him to! Hes so cool and sexy!
And then they give me funny looks and call me stupid and crazy!
Me and my best mate also have arguments whenever I talk about him she has a go at me and once she even put in her MSN name 'Michael Jackson is crap' and I was just like WTF how immature can you get. I was practically crying. Why can't she just accept that I like him? Its not that hard!

I don't know I had a cool experience the other day. My roommate and I hosted a party, and all our friends came by, one of them asked me to play Michael. We were all standing in a circle, and they were testing my knowledge, and were asking many questions about Michael, we also all danced to his music. It was pretty cool!!!!

aha yeah people get pretty weirded out when i quote dates and things about michael, but i love bein quizzed.

That reminds me of a friend of mine who went to see Oliver! recently. We were having an MSN conversation about my crazy hunt for MJ tickets and she was quite shocked by how affected I was by the whole o2 announcement, but later on we started talking about other things and she mentioned that she was trying to find tickets for Oliver! So I casually mention that "Oh yeah, Michael went to see that" (just as if he's a friend of mine or something lol). Then she tried to be funny by asking me "Oh and how did he say it was?" So I told her "He really likes it, has seen it more than once and it's his faveroute." She didn't expect that I would actually know what MJ thinks of Oliver! lol, but as it turns out he was right - she really loved the show!

My friends and family understand me, and accept it. I think it's cruel that some parents or friends are making fun of you guys for liking him, or simply thinking your crazy? They should support you no matter what, that's what family and friends are for.

Keep the faith :heart:

It IS hard being a Michael fan! Amen to THAT!

My dad, step-dad, and my brother used to say stupid shit, but now they've realized I love him, and have for my whole life, it's not gonna change. They've also seen the extreme upset they cause if they dare say shit now, so they don't dare. haha

Luckily, my mom loves MJ like I do, so I always love to talk with her about him :wub:

However, I do have just one friend really who gives me grief over it. She thinks MJ fans are "creepy for how much they love Michael", and she disagrees about me getting an MJ tattoo :rolleyes:. WELL TOO BAD! :)

OH EW, and how did I forget? My step-sister is HORRIBLE about me being a Michael fan. I remember I had a picture of him on my old Myspace which I captioned "My man", so she comments it like "THAT is your man?! Are you serious? He is a MONSTER. You actually think all those kids are lying?? Plus he looks like a girl! haha!" UGH I WAS SO MAD. I don't want even want her knowing about my Michael tattoo, because she'll just hurt my feelings to no end, I know it.

while i can see the aggravation with being an MJ fan.... it is all in what you let bother you. It is easy enough to love the man and his work .... screw the rest of the world if they cannot see what we see. Who needs them and their ignorant opinions that have no real basis on anything anyway.

The haterz can hate all they want, it will not tarnish or ease my love and admiration of Michael Jackson.

Phooey on the haterz... most of them like Mike's music and dont have the balls to admit it :lol: LOSERS !!

:)

What are you guys talking about? Did MJ go to trial for something or get criticized for his behavior or something like that? News to me. All I see is pwnage when I see Mike...

Hmm now that you mention it his skin did seem lighter from Bad onwards. Just noticed. I assume this was caused by vitiligo?

Not so long ago it was exhausting. Now, have zero tolerance for lazy ass folks who can't or refuse to think for themselves. Too many people consumed with HATE.!!!

What are you guys talking about? Did MJ go to trial for something or get criticized for his behavior or something like that? News to me. All I see is pwnage when I see Mike...

Hmm now that you mention it his skin did seem lighter from Bad onwards. Just noticed. I assume this was caused by vitiligo?
Of course.

It is hard. I don't talk about MJ to anyone unless it's brought up. Most of my family don't understand. They've called me obsessed and a fanatic, and have made nasty comments about him. It does hurt, but they just don't get it and it's never going to change the way I feel. I will love him forever :heart:

Back