Janet to appear on the Tonight Show - March 18

trueiopian

Proud Member
Janet Jackson to appear on ‘Tonight Show’
Singer will give an interview, but not perform, on March 18

BURBANK, Calif. - For the first time since Michael Jackson’s death in June 2009, Janet Jackson will visit a late-night network talk show when she appears on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” on March 18, Access Hollywood can exclusively reveal.

Jackson will join Leno for an interview, however, she will not perform. The musical guest that night will be Australian artist Orianthi, who was actually Michael Jackson’s lead guitarist during rehearsals for his “This Is It” tour, a trek which sadly never made it to the London stage.

Janet Jackson’s “Tonight Show” appearance will mark her second network interview since her brother’s death after sitting down with ABC’s Robin Roberts in November.

Janet Jackson is the latest big name NBC has drawn to welcome Leno back to the “Tonight Show.”

Jamie Foxx, Lindsey Vonn, Sarah Palin, Apolo Anton Ohno and Adam Lambert have been among the names to grace the stage since Leno’s return on March 1. Matthew McConuaghey is set to appear on Thursday’s show. Additionally, Kristen Stewart, Simon Cowell and Kim Kardashian are among the celebrities who will join Leno next week.

In addition to the stars, the viewers also gave Leno a warm welcome — his “Tonight Show” return drew 6.6 million viewers on Monday night.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35716950/ns/entertainment-access_hollywood/

Can't wait! :wub:

Wow! Thanks for posting. I am curious as to how this will play out with Jay Leno. I will be watching.

i think she will be promoting "Tyler Perry's Why did I get married 2". I can't wait to see her on there. I also can't wait to see more on the movie.

very sad to see Janet giving Leno any consideration.

Yea Im not his biggest fan...Im a Letterman girl myself! But it will be good to see Janet. I love her so much!

A kinda hope he doesn't ask her about MJ. If she is there to talk about the movie, it just wouldn't be the right time for that. Its not Oprah, its latenight.

^^ yeah I hope so too, but you know they can't help themselves !! looking forward to seeing Janet though, does anyone know if it will air in the UK ??

Janet has always looked out for JANET..

Pft. Janet has looked out for MJ more than the rest of the family. She actually cared for MJ as a brother NOT a bank!!

Just because she's doing an interview with someone many MJ fans dislike doesn't mean anything.

Pft. Janet has looked out for MJ more than the rest of the family. She actually cared for MJ as a brother NOT a bank!!

Just because she's doing an interview with someone many MJ fans dislike doesn't mean anything.

It means alot when these people have insinuated or state their belief that your brother is a paedophile.

It means alot when these people have insinuated or state their belief that your brother is a paedophile.

So Janet should put her career on hold just because there are people who believe he's a pedophile?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok everybody. Let's just remember to keep it civil in here and not personally attack one another.

If it were me and I were appearing on the tonight show I would make more then sure Jay Leno understood what I thought about his slagging off on my brother. Lets not forget with Leno it was more then jokes he took the stand and tried his best to avoid defending Michael despite what he told the police.

Sometimes it boils down to principal. Good old-fashioned principal. You don't here about that much these days. I don't give a care about my career. When you insult my brother; you insult me especially if it is false. Once again, that is just me. I am not Janet. How much money does one need to make before you can put your foot down and say what you want to say? Just asking.

What are you talking about!?! :mello:

Janet doesn't care what people think of MJ. Can you imagine if she actually cared how much stress that would be!? So many, many people dissed MJ. And?

Move on.

very sad to see Janet giving Leno any consideration.
It is. Especially now.
So Janet should put her career on hold just because there are people who believe he's a pedophile?
Um...who needs Jay Leno to keep their career going?
I think its uneceesary on her part, its not like he's the only late night host...nor is he the best...but people are different, maybe she has the heart and strength to do so...If I were her, I would never honor Jay with my presence...I mean he called your brother a pedophile! He wanted MJ to rot in jail. He's part of the powerful celeb voices that helped intensify the hate against Michael back in 04-05. How do you have a peaceful convo with someone like that knowing...
Gee I don't know. somethings I just don't want to figure out.

Career Vs. Family...

Some people don't bother concerning themselves about the latter...and they can live with it, nothing I can do from my end.

Tsk Tsk...is all I have to say.

Last edited:
What are you talking about!?! :mello:

Janet doesn't care what people think of MJ. Can you imagine if she actually cared how much stress that would be!? So many, many people dissed MJ. And?

Move on.

I am sorry you don't understand what I am talking about and If I explained it once again you will answer it the same so for now I will agree to disagree with you.

Yeah sure. Pretty easy to move on with someone who wanted my innocent brother to go to jail for pedophilia...nothing big, eh?

Good for her. I'm Glad she can sit there and have a conversation with someone like this for promotional purposes.

Money isn't always everything.

But yeah, she can do whatever she wants to. As long as it doesn't affect her. Right?

Peace!

:clapping:

Yeah sure. Pretty easy to move on with someone who wanted my innocent brother to go to jail for pedophilia...nothing big, eh?

Good for her. I'm Glad she can sit there and have a conversation with someone like this for promotional purposes.

Money isn't always everything.

But yeah, she can do whatever she wants to. As long as it doesn't affect her. Right?

Peace!

I'm finding your way of thinking mind boggling :lol:

Okay, because Jay Leno felt that MJ was a pedophile and should've been locked away in a cell somewhere. Janet should distance herself as far away as possible from him? Non-sense.

The world isn't all roses, dear. People are going to have a difference of opinions but this shouldn't put a hold onto your thoughts on them or anyone else's for that matter. Janet knew who MJ really was and just because someone else feels differently shouldn't stop her from talking to them.

Sometimes it's okay to put down the armor.

I'm finding your way of thinking mind boggling :lol:

Okay, because Jay Leno felt that MJ was a pedophile and should've been locked away in a cell somewhere. Janet should distance herself as far away as possible from him? Non-sense.

The world isn't all roses, dear. People are going to have a difference of opinions but this shouldn't put a hold onto your thoughts on them or anyone else's for that matter. Janet knew who MJ really was and just because someone else feels differently shouldn't stop her from talking to them.

Sometimes it's okay to put down the armor.

another way of looking at this, is, why does someone feel they MUST appear on Jay Leno, to keep her career going? Are you saying that if she doesn't appear on Jay Leno, her career is over?

Michael proved, that if a career is strong, a person can show family loyalty, and not worry about their career failing. in fact, it's more likely, that a career will flourish more, due to honor, than, if a person feels they gotta do something, no matter what, at all costs.

you make it sound like Janet is in desperate need of Jay Leno.

so..why couldn't she appear on David Letterman?

i really have the feeling that if the tables were reversed, you would put the blast on Michael, if he appeared on Jay Leno. after all, you have no trouble dissing other members of the family.(the other brothers, et. al)

the same things you accuse us of, regarding Michael, you can be accused of, regarding Janet.

i find it alarming, just how easy it is to be desensitized to being publicly labeled a Pedophile. i mean..we're talking about, the term PEDOPHILE. and what followed, was clearly destructive to MJ, despite his innocence. remember the media? remember the trial? remember the hate? it all was nothing less than EVIL.

are we to believe that because MJ was found innocent, that we should say, all that he went through wasn't so bad? that, perhaps, it's ok to minimize it all?

Last edited:
Ok all, this thread had to be cleaned. Please remember to show respect to all here and to respect the opinions of MJ fans on a MJ board. Differences in opinion are ok, as long as we can, in the end, agree to disagree. However, staying on topic is appreciated.
Remember, if someone posts something disrespectful or off topic, please report the post instead of responding to them. That way healthy conversations can ensue. Otherwise, the thread will have to be closed.

Thanks guys!

Michael proved, that if a career is strong, a
Michael was on another level and Janet is doing all she can to keep up with the likes of Beyonce, Gaga and Rihanna, I don't even know why although I'm no Janet fan and only find some of her songs goo, but I can see that she is better than those people or anyone ''hip'' right now.

Last edited:
ery sad to see Janet giving Leno any consideration.
yeah agree.but she did it back during the trial so its not really surprising. abit of selectivness would ne nice. shame though cause its like u are giving credibility to his comments and the way he lied on the stand in order to try and lynch mj. end of the day most tv ppl etc have slagged mj off so its hard to chose somewhere to go but leno went even further when he changed his story on the stand to try and get mj. i doubt janet even realises that. and after all shes already helped murrays defence. so u cant really expect any different.

well yeah normally thats how u would feel. i know if someone called my family members such names and believed such things i wouldnt want to be within 20 ft of them.

Last edited:
I ain't feeling the Jay Leno appearance.

Jay Leno did way more than just the regular MJ related "jokes." He actually got up there on that stand and tried to downplay the Arviso's fraudulent activity. I ain't with that at all, but can't say that I'm at all surprised.

The really funny thing is, today there are a ZILLION + ONE ways to promote your work. Folks don't really need a person like Leno to get their work out there.

Aside from the fact that the majority of people who watch Leno ain't going to see "Why Did I Get Married Too," nor are they going to purchase a Janet Jackson album, in my opinion.

Note: Although I'm not a Janet Jackson fan, I did want to support her, because of all of the flack she got due to the whole Superbowl thing. But homegirl lost me, after her recent Robin Roberts interview. I left her Number Ones right on the shelf.

Last edited:
Back